PDA

View Full Version : Has McCain lost his damn mind?

CosmicCowboy
06-06-2008, 02:47 PM
Put a man on Mars to "inspire" us? What the fuck! We've been there, done that, and seen the movie...

Nobody gives a shit! They just watch the space shuttle launches in case it might explode...

Shit! I could run a better campaign than he is doing...he is gonna fuck around and GIVE this damn election to Obama without a fight...

CosmicCowboy
06-06-2008, 02:49 PM
The article:

Presumptive Republican White House nominee John McCain said Thursday he would like to see a manned mission to Mars as part of a "better set of priorities" for NASA that would better engage the public.

At a townhall event in Florida, the Arizona senator was asked about funding for the US space agency's shuttle program, which is due to end in 2010.

He said he "would be willing to spend more taxpayers' dollars" to continue the program but argued that NASA must do a better job of inspiring the American public, as when it sent a man to the moon in 1969.

McCain said one of his favorite books as a child had been Ray Bradbury's 1950 novel "The Martian Chronicles," about humans colonizing the Red Planet.

"I am intrigued by a man on Mars and I think that it would excite the imagination of the American people if we can say, 'Hey, here's what it looks like," he said.

"We know that now, and here's what may be there and let's all join in that project. I think Americans would be very willing to do that."

boutons_
06-06-2008, 02:51 PM
"there he goes again!"

Old Sick Senile McFlopPanderKeating opened his mouth! :lol

clambake
06-06-2008, 03:01 PM
he must have been running around without little joe.

lebomb
06-06-2008, 03:13 PM
:lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao........McCain is 175yrs old. Cant think worth a dayum anymore. LOL......Congratulations Obama on your nomination for President.

Aggie Hoopsfan
06-06-2008, 05:55 PM
McFlopPanderKeating

I'm just curious, do you type that out every time or do you have it saved off somewhere so you can copy and paste?

AFBlue
06-06-2008, 06:26 PM
I'm trying to figure out what's so rediculous about what he said...

To the average person, NASA does absolutely nothing except sustain an international space station by providing it with a pump when the toilet gets stopped up.

If NASA set a goal to put a man on Mars it would mark the first symbolic step in space exploration since putting a man on the Moon. NASA needs a bold step like this to justify its existence to the American people....no matter how substantive it actually is.

possessed
06-06-2008, 11:18 PM

To the average person, NASA does absolutely nothing except sustain an international space station by providing it with a pump when the toilet gets stopped up.

If NASA set a goal to put a man on Mars it would mark the first symbolic step in space exploration since putting a man on the Moon. NASA needs a bold step like this to justify its existence to the American people....no matter how substantive it actually is.

What he said. :tu

PixelPusher
06-06-2008, 11:36 PM

A "manned" misson to Mars would come at the expense of all the other planetary exploration programs NASA is currently engaged in. It's too bad the real science going on right now doesn't excite people the same way an "extreme survival trip" would - and that's what a manned mission to Mars amounts to. How to keep a human being from dying of thirst, starvation, cold, oxygen depravation and radiation exposure for the length of time it takes to go to mars, poke around the surface for a bit and then come back home in one piece, all the while accomplishing very little in the way of scientific experimentation that couldn't be done better and cheaper by the unmanned probes we have over there now.

mookie2001
06-07-2008, 12:17 AM
youre speaking of the neocon who had the bright idea to give 20 million illegals amnesty

PEP
06-07-2008, 08:26 AM
I nominate boutons!

lebomb
06-09-2008, 10:12 AM

Screw spending money on that bullshit. We need to work on things on the EARTH first.......The United States for that matter. Fuck, drop gas prices before we start talking about another planet :rolleyes