PDA

View Full Version : we need a better C !!

cze1860
06-06-2008, 08:33 PM
we need a better C,:king

Russ
06-06-2008, 08:37 PM
we need a better C,:king

You mean one that isn't always injured and isn't always hungry an hour after he eats? :)

Matchman
06-06-2008, 08:41 PM
Yes, lets trade Cs with Spurs. we are only asking for Tiago Splitter and 3 first round draft picks for yao

cze1860
06-06-2008, 08:46 PM
yao is the best chance,yao need champion,but he did not win the champion in rockets,may be he can win a champion in suprs:lobt2::bking

Mr.Bottomtooth
06-06-2008, 09:17 PM
What's wrong with this C? Do you like Times New Roman? I myself am a fan of Verdana.

DannyB
06-06-2008, 09:24 PM
What? Oberto isn't an All-Star?

LOL!

Yeah, you need someone whose game doesn't depend entirely on the art of the flop now that the league has vowed to crack down on flopping.

Come to think of it, if the league cracks down on the flop, what will the Spurs do? Seriously? Your entire defensive scheme absolutely depends on the flop.

Shit, that will be another nail in the coffin of the old un-athletic Spurs.

IronMexican
06-06-2008, 09:55 PM

LOL!

Yeah, you need someone whose game doesn't depend entirely on the art of the flop now that the league has vowed to crack down on flopping.

Come to think of it, if the league cracks down on the flop, what will the Spurs do? Seriously? Your entire defensive scheme absolutely depends on the flop.

works a hell of a lot better than the "lets let them score then we try to score" defense, or in other words the Suns D.

DannyB
06-06-2008, 09:58 PM
works a hell of a lot better than the "lets let them score then we try to score" defense, or in other words the Suns D.

If you say so.

cze1860
06-06-2008, 10:02 PM

LOL!

http://th202.photobucket.com/albums/aa149/DeannaRKerr/th_greatwall.jpg
i don't think Oberto is an All-Star:flag:

DannyB
06-06-2008, 10:18 PM
http://th202.photobucket.com/albums/aa149/DeannaRKerr/th_greatwall.jpg
i don't think Oberto is an All-Star:flag:

Well good for you -- a realist.

lefty
06-06-2008, 10:27 PM
Oberto > Shaq

Really

Biggems
06-06-2008, 10:29 PM
I wonder if we can use #45 and Bonner to move up to the beginning of the 2nd round? If so, then I would love our draft to go like this

1 - G/F Brandon Rush (I am hoping like hell he falls to 26)
2 - F/C DeVon Hardin
2 - G/F Keith Brumbaugh

FA
F/C Kurt Thomas
C DeSagana Diop
G/F James Jones

2008 Roster
C - Diop, Oberto, Hardin
PF - Duncan, Mahimni, Thomas
SF - Bowen, Udoka, Brumbaugh
SG - Manu, Jones, Rush
PG - Parker, Barry, Vaughn

We can send Hardin and Brumbaugh to Austin. This will allow them to get consistent playtime the way we did Mahimni. Jones and Rush will add some much needed youth and athleticism to our back court. Diop and Mahimni will add youth and athleticism to our front court.

2009 Roster (not counting draft picks or FAs)
C - Diop, Oberto, Hardin
PF - Duncan, Mahimni
SG - Manu, Jones, Rush
PG - Parker

2010 Roster (not counting draft picks or FAs)
C - Diop, Hardin
PF - Duncan, Mahimni
SF - Jones, Brumbaugh
SG - Manu, Rush
PG - Parker

midgetonadonkey
06-06-2008, 10:30 PM
Oberto > Shaq

Really

As sad as that statement is, it's actually true.

Joe Schmoogins
06-06-2008, 10:46 PM
I wonder if we can use #45 and Bonner to move up to the beginning of the 2nd round? If so, then I would love our draft to go like this

1 - G/F Brandon Rush (I am hoping like hell he falls to 26)
2 - F/C DeVon Hardin
2 - G/F Keith Brumbaugh

FA
F/C Kurt Thomas
C DeSagana Diop
G/F James Jones

2008 Roster
C - Diop, Oberto, Hardin
PF - Duncan, Mahimni, Thomas
SG - Manu, Jones, Rush
PG - Parker, Barry, Vaughn

We can send Hardin and Brumbaugh to Austin. This will allow them to get consistent playtime the way we did Mahimni. Jones and Rush will add some much needed youth and athleticism to our back court. Diop and Mahimni will add youth and athleticism to our front court.

2009 Roster (not counting draft picks or FAs)
C - Diop, Oberto, Hardin
PF - Duncan, Mahimni
SG - Manu, Jones, Rush
PG - Parker

2010 Roster (not counting draft picks or FAs)
C - Diop, Hardin
PF - Duncan, Mahimni
SF - Jones, Brumbaugh
SG - Manu, Rush
PG - Parker

I'm glad you're not the GM

Biggems
06-06-2008, 11:08 PM
I'm glad you're not the GM

and please tell me why?

lefty
06-06-2008, 11:12 PM
and please tell me why?

Thanks God you're not the GM

Biggems
06-06-2008, 11:18 PM
wow, how impressive. You can say thank God you're not the GM....but you cant give reasons why? instead of a one liner condemning someone else's opinion.......why not give reasons as to why you disagree, maybe offer your own insight. This way we have a nice dialogue and discussion.

Joe Schmoogins
06-06-2008, 11:23 PM
wow, how impressive. You can say thank God you're not the GM....but you cant give reasons why? instead of a one liner condemning someone else's opinion.......why not give reasons as to why you disagree, maybe offer your own insight. This way we have a nice dialogue and discussion.

not trying to sound harsh... I just hope the roster doesn't shape up the way you laid it out. For starters, we are going to be in serious need of a true backup point and that's one thing you didn't address.

Joe Schmoogins
06-06-2008, 11:25 PM
also I'm not one of those aboard the Diop train. I love his D, but the fact that he has zero offensive value is what scares me off...

Biggems
06-06-2008, 11:29 PM
also I'm not one of those aboard the Diop train. I love his D, but the fact that he has zero offensive value is what scares me off...

Well, I love his D and I am not signing him for his offense. I believe that we will have enough offense without his. I feel his biggest value on offense will be the extra possessions he gets us from the offensive rebounds.

I totally understand your apprehension though. Unfortunately, the FA market isn't exactly littered with quality Bigs.

Biggems
06-06-2008, 11:39 PM
not trying to sound harsh... I just hope the roster doesn't shape up the way you laid it out. For starters, we are going to be in serious need of a true backup point and that's one thing you didn't address.

I think Barry would make quite the adequate backup PG.

I dont want Vaughn back, but he has one more year, and I dont see us cutting him. He is adequate and does a nice job defensively. Perhaps we could use his expiring contract as trade bait.....but who would take an old, no offense PG?

Chris Duhon, I like, but he will be overpriced for his actual value. Pargo, I believe signed a multi-year contract with the Hornets. Farmar is under contract with LA. TJ Ford will get a pricy contract, he is quite injury prone, his shot is inconsistent, and he won't be a backup.

I wouldn't mind Roger Mason. His size would definitely help us when we have to go against those bigger PGs. He had a solid year in Washington.

200 miles
06-06-2008, 11:55 PM
DONT DO IT!
DannyB!

:cry

davi78239
06-07-2008, 12:19 AM
Shit......bring Javtakus over now. fuck it. somebody post those youtube videos on him so we can get pumped up. At this point Javtakus is better than lots of other options.

ace3g
06-07-2008, 12:29 AM
Javtokas is probably one of the few big men you can use the LLE or a very small amount of the MLE on. I think right now he is probably our best option, he is better offensively then Diop, even though I love Diop's defense.

Javtokas is one of those players that I just have a good feeling about if he were to come over and play for the Spurs.

We could have a front court of:

Duncan, Oberto, Thomas, Bonner, Javtokas, Mahinmi: Which would give us a good diversity of strength, athleticism, and speed; some being more offensive oriented and others defensive

davi78239
06-07-2008, 12:33 AM
Javtokas is probably one of the few big men you can use the LLE or a very small amount of the MLE on. I think right now he is probably our best option, he is better offensively then Diop, even though I love Diop's defense.

Javtokas is one of those players that I just have a good feeling about if he were to come over and play for the Spurs.

We could have a front court of:

Duncan, Oberto, Thomas, Bonner, Javtokas, Mahinmi: Which would give us a good diversity of strength, athleticism, and speed; some being more offensive oriented and others defensive

Yea brotha!! Bring em on!

ace3g
06-07-2008, 12:37 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Msg3kwAhvSE

granted this is in 2004 when the USA team wasn't that good, but you can Javtokas has good timing on defense against NBA players and has some decent post up moves, and he moves well without the basket

Spurtacus
06-07-2008, 12:39 AM

LOL!

Oberto > Suns

:lobt:

itzsoweezee
06-07-2008, 12:55 AM
diop is fucking garbage. do you assholes even watch basketball? the only reason he's even i the league is because he's seven feet tall.

the spurs need an athletic big man that can score. diop isn't athletic (ie, not coordinated) and he sure as hell can't score. he'd be a major downgrade from oberto and thomas.

Spurs Brazil
06-07-2008, 08:03 AM
I don't think so. We won in 2007 with Oberto and Elson

I think we can be fine with Thomas/Oberto/Ian next season

What we really need is a swing who can score. This is a must

mrspurs
06-07-2008, 12:03 PM
diop as a center...not a good move...but it would go along with some of the bonehead moves the FO has been making...and having brent as a backup point guard is just plain insane.......he wont make it thru a season without getting hurt....old bodys do that, and the older the body, the more 3's they begin to chunk up....only time will tell what kind of magic our FO has.......lets just hope it isnt another euro player who may or may not come over to play....or have to wait a yr or so for their return to the D-league....i waited so long for scolla....boy did they jerk our chains with that move.....go spurs go

NicolasBatum
06-07-2008, 12:06 PM
If Gasol for Kwame is possible
Why not try Bonner for Okafor ?

Spurs da champs
06-07-2008, 01:15 PM
I don't think so. We won in 2007 with Oberto and Elson

I think we can be fine with Thomas/Oberto/Ian next season

What we really need is a swing who can score. This is a must

Key word Elson.

ballhog
06-07-2008, 02:53 PM