PDA

View Full Version : Lakers aren't the best the West has to offer

DriveFor5
06-06-2008, 10:54 PM
Phoenix and New Orleans are both better teams than the Lakers.

Mr.Bottomtooth
06-06-2008, 10:56 PM
Phoenix, as of now, blows.

Lake_show
06-06-2008, 11:00 PM
Calm down, the Lakers lost 1 game on the road.

Lakers in 5 > Spurs > NO > PHX

DazedAndConfused
06-06-2008, 11:06 PM
The Lakers lost a tightly contested game, which they were leading by 5 at the half, where Kobe shot 9/26 on the ROAD and now all of a sudden the series is over?

The Lakers have pretty much lost the 1st road game in every series, save DEN who was so bad it didn't even matter the Lakers were playing like crap. But they've always been able to make adjustments, bounce back, and pull out a win. If they lose Game 2 then I guess you can make your stupid death sentence predictions, but to be honest I won't lose hope until they lose a game at home. I think the Celtics are perfectly capable of losing 3 straight games on the road.

Lake_show
06-06-2008, 11:08 PM
Sup Dazed, I see you're on LG.

florige
06-06-2008, 11:09 PM
The Lakers lost a tightly contested game, which they were leading by 5 at the half, where Kobe shot 9/26 on the ROAD and now all of a sudden the series is over?

The Lakers have pretty much lost the 1st road game in every series, save DEN who was so bad it didn't even matter the Lakers were playing like crap. But they've always been able to make adjustments, bounce back, and pull out a win. If they lose Game 2 then I guess you can make your stupid death sentence predictions, but to be honest I won't lose hope until they lose a game at home. I think the Celtics are perfectly capable of losing 3 straight games on the road.

Dude I don't think.... Oh the other hand you might be right...:lol

Lakers08Champs
06-07-2008, 03:13 AM
Well I just wanna say the lakers STILL beat your team in 5, just remember that. :lmao :toast

T Park
06-07-2008, 03:36 AM
Suns werent better.

Hornets and Spurs were though.

DazedAndConfused
06-07-2008, 04:26 AM
Nope, the two best teams are playing each other right now.

Lakers would have beaten the Hornets in the WCF. Lakers beat the Spurs 4-1. Lakers are the best in the West and it will stay that way for the next 4-5 years until Kobe exits his prime.

Girasuck
06-07-2008, 08:48 AM
The Suns are a joke. Anyone who thinks they're better than the Lakers is crazy. All you need to beat the Suns is some form of organized offense. Triangle, motion, pick n' roll...any of the 3 would work.

The Lakers finished with the #1 seed IN THE WEST without their starting center and I still feel like they have a weak bench. They were the best team in the West this year...I don't see how anyone can argue against that.

J.T.
06-07-2008, 08:54 AM

Lakers would have beaten the Hornets in the WCF. Lakers beat the Spurs 4-1. Lakers are the best in the West and it will stay that way for the next 4-5 years until Kobe exits his prime.

"When I asked if I could cum in her face, she said no"

"That's my thing, not always, I mean, so I stopped"

"I said um, give me a blow job, um, and then....kiss it.....she gave me a blow job."

"Whatever I need to do without making this thing become public, I will do man. I don't care what it is man, I will do it"

"I asked if I could cum in her face and she was like no um, I thought she was cool, you know, I stopped. I stopped pumping..."

"I'm nervous right now my hands are shaking"

"She wasn't that attractive"

"I jerked off when she left"

"I should have done what Shaq does. Shaq gives them money or buys them cars, he has already spent one million dollars"

"She didn't bleed, did she?"

Condemned 2 HelLA
06-07-2008, 01:33 PM

Or once the Euroscrubs on the Lamers realize who they actually are, come crashing back down to earth, and Kobe opts out after next year.

Ghazi
06-07-2008, 02:59 PM
To be honest, I could see the Suns beating the Lakers in a 7 game series... but not the Hornets.

And to whoever said the Spurs were better, you're delusional. 4-1.

Lakers deserve to be here, and are the best team in the west.

BUUUT I do think they're an overrated team full of jackers and soft Euros. Which is why I don't buy into the hype of a forthcoming dynasty, even fully aware of Bynum's development in the first half of the season.

tlongII
06-07-2008, 05:18 PM

WRONG! We're taking you down next year.

Girasuck
06-07-2008, 07:25 PM
WRONG! We're taking you down next year.

Please. You're not taking anyone down next year. Maybe Denver but that's not saying much because Denver is pathetic. I'd be surprised if Portland makes the playoffs. Everyone is so high on this team and I'm not sure why. Yes you guys have a stud in Roy but Oden is the next Bowie, and I can't see you guys getting on another hot streak like you did last year were everything they threw up went in.

If Portland does make the playoffs it will be as the #8 seed and most likely a sweep from the #1 seed. Portland won't be better than the Rockets, Lakers, Jazz, Spurs, Suns, Hornets, or Mavs, and right now I'd pick the Kings to overtake the Nuggets as the #8 seed.

tlongII
06-07-2008, 07:58 PM
Please. You're not taking anyone down next year. Maybe Denver but that's not saying much because Denver is pathetic. I'd be surprised if Portland makes the playoffs. Everyone is so high on this team and I'm not sure why. Yes you guys have a stud in Roy but Oden is the next Bowie, and I can't see you guys getting on another hot streak like you did last year were everything they threw up went in.

If Portland does make the playoffs it will be as the #8 seed and most likely a sweep from the #1 seed. Portland won't be better than the Rockets, Lakers, Jazz, Spurs, Suns, Hornets, or Mavs, and right now I'd pick the Kings to overtake the Nuggets as the #8 seed.

LOL! Give me a break! Brandon Roy, LaMarcus Aldridge, Greg Oden, Martell Webster, Travis Outlaw, Rudy Fernandez, etc. We have more talent than any team in the league.

ducks
06-07-2008, 08:00 PM
Phoenix, as of now, blows.

tp will get the suns deep in playoffs unless they play spurs

Ghazi
06-07-2008, 10:25 PM
LOL! Give me a break! Brandon Roy, LaMarcus Aldridge, Greg Oden, Martell Webster, Travis Outlaw, Rudy Fernandez, etc. We have more talent than any team in the league.

I can't help but agree, but I still think the Blazers are 2 years away from being a contender. I mean, a team doesn't go from 10th place to NBA champs in one year, does it? even with Fernandez and Oden not having played this year, that seems to be a lofty expectation.

Purple & Gold
06-08-2008, 10:39 AM
Suns werent better.

Hornets and Spurs were though.

:rollin :rollin

JamStone
06-08-2008, 10:59 AM

Bets on how many games those players spend on the inactive list due to injury?

Over-under: 150 games total.

That's only about 21 games each. Oden could give 50 games by himself.

manufor3
06-08-2008, 11:17 AM
The Suns are a joke. Anyone who thinks they're better than the Lakers is crazy. All you need to beat the Suns is some form of organized offense. Triangle, motion, pick n' roll...any of the 3 would work.

The Lakers finished with the #1 seed IN THE WEST without their starting center and I still feel like they have a weak bench. They were the best team in the West this year...I don't see how anyone can argue against that.

Reagular Season means nothing. Pau Gasol was brought in to fill the void left by Bynum. They had Ronny Turiaf, Sasha Vuajic, Jordan Farmar, Luke Walton, and (before he was hurt) Trevor Ariza.

Jeremy
06-08-2008, 03:47 PM
To be honest, I could see the Suns beating the Lakers in a 7 game series... but not the Hornets.

With D'antoni or with Porter?

It's kind of strange to even have this discussion, since the Suns have a new coach now--we don't even know what kind of team the current Suns are.

21_Blessings
06-08-2008, 03:56 PM

Your team is lottery fodder until proven otherwise. Have fun with Sam Bowie 2.0