PDA

View Full Version : Malik In Kings game...

Spurgal
01-29-2005, 04:39 AM
It was very sad and painful to hear how the fans boo'd Malik In Thursday nights' game against the Kings... And all because of this stupid big mistake. :depressed
Hopefully this will make him snap out of It, If he really wants to retire a Spur.

http://www.spursinfo.com/photos/spurs/050127/050127_3.jpg

timvp
01-29-2005, 04:43 AM
I usually come to Rose's defense, but this one was unexplainable. I know he's an emotional player, but ... come on.

:shootme

Streakyshooter08
01-29-2005, 05:46 AM
What did he do?

Kori Ellis
01-29-2005, 05:57 AM
He made a bad turnover. And then had his jersey over his face while his man was scoring at the other end.

san antonio spurs
01-29-2005, 06:08 AM
http://www.spursinfo.com/photos/spurs/050127/050127_3.jpg
this is the image of a man in pain, a man who wants so badly to do well, but who unfortunetely screws up, and put so much pressure on himself.
no way true spurs fans should boo a silver and black player, especially if this man has done much for this ball club, and we still hope he WILL again.
________
Nexium Side Effect (http://www.classactionsettlements.org/lawsuit/nexium/)

Slo spurs fan
01-29-2005, 06:20 AM
Agreed!!^^^

ducks
01-29-2005, 09:24 AM
this is the image of a man in pain, a man who wants so badly to do well, but who unfortunetely screws up, and put so much pressure on himself.
no way true spurs fans should boo a silver and black player, especially if this man has done much for this ball club, and we still hope he WILL again.

this is a man that needs to play more ball then see what his business is doing

rose never played this made before he had the business

ShoogarBear
01-29-2005, 10:09 AM
As usual, nothing more needs to be said after ducks . . .

MI21
01-29-2005, 10:36 AM
I usually come to Rose's defense, but this one was unexplainable. I know he's an emotional player, but ... come on.

Same here, but :(

BigVee
01-29-2005, 12:35 PM
I want the guy to do well also, but his problems are more than that one play.

ALVAREZ6
01-29-2005, 12:36 PM
As usual, nothing more needs to be said after ducks . . .
:lol :lmao :lmao :lol

Aggie Hoopsfan
01-29-2005, 01:04 PM
I am completely down on Malik's play, but they shouldn't have booed him. Not cool.

Like I've said for the last year and a half...

Malik needs to quit looking at all the zeroes on his bank statement. Needs to quit trying to score like Tim, pass like Manu, and just rebound and hustle for the loose balls. The rest will take care of itself.

Spurgal
01-29-2005, 05:39 PM

I know that Malik hasn't been playing all that well lately, but booing him In his own home was just one of the lowest a fan can do.... He might as well be part of the Pistons and Pacers brawl experience... :depressed

boutons
01-29-2005, 05:41 PM
Knowing how emotional Malik is, the booing must have hurt. What a bunch of jackass fans. Is booing supposed to help a Spur who is already struggling? Kick a guy while he's down, The American Fair Play Way.

E20
01-29-2005, 08:57 PM
Malik needs to calm down and relax/enjoy playing the role Pop wants him to play. Once he does that productivity/mintues will increase X10000 and everybody will be happy.

SequSpur
01-29-2005, 09:29 PM
Boo??

Tell malik to dial 1800............ wahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Stand
01-29-2005, 10:07 PM
Different strokes for different folks. I like Malik, but after that play I was just left with the feeling that if we can't trade him then we should just buy out his contract and let the guy go on his merry way.

Spurgal
01-31-2005, 12:08 AM
Boo??

Tell malik to dial 1800............ wahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

:nope Not nice Sequ!

SPARKY
01-31-2005, 12:16 AM
Malik is a warrior. He wants badly to win and to do well. After him being such a huge part of the two title runs as well as the other postseasons I can forgive a regular season miscue.

Malik is one of those type of players who wants to do well after they get paid, not just coast and enjoy it. Tony is another like that. They definitely feel it when fans get on them.

Solid D
01-31-2005, 12:23 AM
Malik will be back. He's just pressing and frustrated.

He'll want his new Philly's Phamous store #2 next door to Silverado Theatres to do well (opening next month). He'll raise his level of play and have something good to talk about at his grand opening...besides his sandwiches.

spur219
01-31-2005, 12:32 AM
I cannot believe he would get booed. A true Spurs fan would never boo a player that plays for the Spurs. In my opinion I think Malik tries to do too much. Ever since he got his big paycheck he feels that he has to go out and score 20 points and grab 10 boards and 7 assists a game. He just needs to go out and go with the flow of the game and everything will take care of itself. Everytime he goes in he looks very frantic and very nervous and also looks like he has too much energy which leads to those turnovers and those loose balls that he can never grab. He does not look natural out there and that is why Pop does not play him becase Malik is not being Malik he is trying to something he is not. Malik can play and can play great but I think he needs to go out and find himself again. The Malik of 99.

Spurgal
01-31-2005, 12:58 AM
I cannot believe he would get booed. A true Spurs fan would never boo a player that plays for the Spurs.

:depressed I know!

whottt
01-31-2005, 02:05 AM
Look, Malik is a guy who needs healthy PT to lose his clumsiness.

It's not Rocket Science...just look at his history...he usually mirrors our slow start.

People need to remember that Malik was absolutely invaluable in our last title run...it's not like he all of a sudden can't play...

It's...
A.He needs PT to not be clumsy.
B.He is pressing and trying to not make mistakes, due to our stacked big rotation, instead of playing his brand of ball.

IF things go down to where we end up playing Miami in the Finals...we'll need freaking Malik. He's the best Shaq defender we have. I do not ever want to see Horry asked to defend Shaq again...and I'm not crazy about the way Rasho does it either. And Duncan has never been able to defen Shaq effectively.

Everyone needs to take note of the fact that last season Shaq, not Kobe, was the guy who did more damage than normal against us...Drob retiring and Malik being shut out of the rotation killed our Shaq D.

Give Malik PT in blowouts if nothing else. It will pay dividends in the post season.

TDrules01
01-31-2005, 03:21 AM
Malik, Malik, Malik; he has been a real disappointment. I feel that the spurs should try to make a trade that involves Malik.
He started the season strong but then game by game he regresses more and more.
He needs to learn his role: he takes TOO many bad shots. Seems like he is always at the wrong place n time .

Jimcs50
01-31-2005, 10:06 AM
The reason he gets booed now is because the Spurs' fans have a new guy to root for that plays like Malik used to play. That person is Manu. Now Malik is just another player on the team that when he screws up, he gets cussed at. Malik used to have a lot of slack because the fans loved his hustle every second he was in the game, and they appreciated that he was the only Spur that played like that. Now they have Manu to watch.

bigzak25
01-31-2005, 11:15 AM
simma down malik.
get the boards, the putbacks, and bust ass on D.
that's all we want.
that's all you need to do.

boutons
01-31-2005, 11:31 AM
I'm fed up with the Malik Soap Opera. All last season was already tiring. Then we heard he and Pop had fixed things up. But, now this season, again, turns into a new soap episode.

We could really use "Old Malik at His Best", esp with Rasho out, and esp tonight against guys like Fortson, and all along the season, esp when Horry doesn't rebound for an entire month.

I can't believe Malik is having such problems figuring this shit out.

At least it keeps the forum overflowing with forum filler.

Useruser666
01-31-2005, 11:37 AM
He hasn't been playing very good D either. I hope he turns things around. I wlould never boo him, but I have cringed when he gets the ball on offense and try's to create his own shot. ////chills/////

GoSpurs21
01-31-2005, 07:18 PM
I was at that game and dont remember hearing any boos. I'll have to watch the game tape and see if you can hear it on the TV broadcast.

Spurgal
01-31-2005, 08:43 PM
I'm fed up with the Malik Soap Opera. All last season was already tiring. Then we heard he and Pop had fixed things up. But, now this season, again, turns into a new soap episode.

We could really use "Old Malik at His Best", esp with Rasho out, and esp tonight against guys like Fortson, and all along the season, esp when Horry doesn't rebound for an entire month.

I can't believe Malik is having such problems figuring this shit out.

At least it keeps the forum overflowing with forum filler.

:rolleyes