PDA

View Full Version : Robertas Javtokas?

davi78239
06-07-2008, 12:31 AM
Come on.......might as well bring his ass over. Lets see that video of him again whoever has it out there. Hell, you got any of Mahinmi too? Lets get pumped up about something.....shit!

Beno Udrih
06-07-2008, 12:33 AM
rofl classic...

Mr.Bottomtooth
06-07-2008, 12:36 AM
I wouldn't mind Robertas for the LLE.

ace3g
06-07-2008, 12:53 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Msg3kwAhvSE

few highlights of him from the 2004 olympics vs USA
granted this is in 2004 when the USA team wasn't that good, but you can see Javtokas has good timing on defense against NBA players and has some decent post up moves, and he moves well without the basket

davi78239
06-07-2008, 01:00 AM
there's a better one but I can't post it

ace3g
06-07-2008, 01:03 AM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=lTsnMFr7-g0

http://youtube.com/watch?v=MfusdhHWIGM

http://youtube.com/watch?v=0QLmTlp4QiA

he is a good ft shooter by this video: lol
http://youtube.com/watch?v=Yq-eVfVwohw

ace3g
06-07-2008, 01:06 AM
some Mahinmi

http://youtube.com/watch?v=gBhTiwOfkzw

mikeanthony21
06-07-2008, 08:17 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Msg3kwAhvSE

few highlights of him from the 2004 olympics vs USA
granted this is in 2004 when the USA team wasn't that good, but you can see Javtokas has good timing on defense against NBA players and has some decent post up moves, and he moves well without the basket

I thought Popovich gave up on this guy.

J.T.
06-07-2008, 08:28 AM
Learn to use [youtube] tags...

stxspurs
06-07-2008, 09:48 AM
he doesnt look that bad.....so whats his deal?

Marcus Bryant
06-07-2008, 09:58 AM
With Splitter not coming over, there's a scintilla of a chance that Javtokas might join the team next season.

Bartleby
06-07-2008, 10:53 AM
It would be nice "fuck you" to Splitter, and the Spurs could probably work him into the rotation somehow, but doesn't he have a year left on his contract with Dynamo? Also, wasn't he pissed off at the Spurs about their offer (or lack of one) the summer they signed Elson and Butler?

stxspurs
06-07-2008, 11:04 AM
With Splitter not coming over, there's a scintilla of a chance that Javtokas might join the team next season.

so your saying there is a chance!
http://www.exit171.com/wp-content/d&d.jpg

mrspurs
06-07-2008, 11:16 AM
It would be nice "fuck you" to Splitter, and the Spurs could probably work him into the rotation somehow, but doesn't he have a year left on his contract with Dynamo? Also, wasn't he pissed off at the Spurs about their offer (or lack of one) the summer they signed Elson and Butler?

what did splitter do to you....steal your pop tart?......go spurs:flag:

Bartleby
06-07-2008, 11:37 AM
what did splitter do to you....steal your pop tart?......go spurs:flag:

Nothing to me, but he fucked over the Spurs.

:flag::flag::flag:

TDMVPDPOY
06-07-2008, 11:51 AM
SEEMS like there is a long line of potential euros waitin to fuck over the spurs....

LakerHater
06-07-2008, 12:34 PM
Hes also more athletic than Splitter. http://db.funformobile.com/images/smiles/stupid.gif (javascript:emoticon('form_text',':excit:'))

Bruno
06-07-2008, 01:06 PM
Javtokas has had a solid year in Europe.
He is still under contract but he has an opt out close. I guess Spurs can get him for the LLE if they want him.

Sigz
06-07-2008, 01:53 PM
What position does he play? SF or PF?

ace3g
06-07-2008, 01:53 PM
Pf/c

Extra Stout
06-07-2008, 01:58 PM
Romain Sato?

Extra Stout
06-07-2008, 01:59 PM
Chris Carrawell?

intlspurshk
06-07-2008, 02:19 PM
Derrick Dial

Mr. Body
06-07-2008, 02:24 PM
Nothing to me, but he fucked over the Spurs.

No he didn't.

Mr. Body
06-07-2008, 02:29 PM
Problem:

Are we even sure there's any contact anymore? The Spurs cut off contact two years ago in negotiation and as far as we know any relationship has been ended.

objective
06-07-2008, 02:43 PM
Javtokas's chances with the Spurs didn't end in summer 06 when the Spurs decided Elson and Butler were the answer (don't believe any anti-Javtokas bullshit about competing, it's made up crap like the anti-scola bull that floated around). Javtokas unfortunately had everything ended in 2005.

Javtokas got himself in the Spurs FO doghouse in 2005 after the ULEB cup MVP play. Javtokas was set to be a free agent then as well, but was so worried about an NBA work stoppage (and a lockout was on everyone's minds back then) that he re-upped with Rytas for one year before the Spurs even had a chance to sign him. He re-upped in June because he was about to start national team practice without a contract and the chance that the Spurs wouldn't be able to sign him for months, so he did a one-year.

That imo is what killed his chances of ever being a Spur. Never do anything that could be seen as disrespect to the Spurs or they'll bust you hardball style like they did with Scola and like they will with Splitter.

Javtokas while a better shotblocker isn't as good as Splitter either.

Neither one will ever be a Spur.

Mr. Body
06-07-2008, 03:14 PM
Javtokas's chances with the Spurs didn't end in summer 06 when the Spurs decided Elson and Butler were the answer (don't believe any anti-Javtokas bullshit about competing, it's made up crap like the anti-scola bull that floated around). Javtokas unfortunately had everything ended in 2005.

Javtokas got himself in the Spurs FO doghouse in 2005 after the ULEB cup MVP play. Javtokas was set to be a free agent then as well, but was so worried about an NBA work stoppage (and a lockout was on everyone's minds back then) that he re-upped with Rytas for one year before the Spurs even had a chance to sign him. He re-upped in June because he was about to start national team practice without a contract and the chance that the Spurs wouldn't be able to sign him for months, so he did a one-year.

That imo is what killed his chances of ever being a Spur. Never do anything that could be seen as disrespect to the Spurs or they'll bust you hardball style like they did with Scola and like they will with Splitter.

Javtokas while a better shotblocker isn't as good as Splitter either.

Neither one will ever be a Spur.

Good history.

The difference may be that the Spurs need Javtokas.

But I don't think he'd answer their calls. Despite what you say above, they did try to sign him before after all this, then abruptly halted negotiations to offer to Elson and Butler instead. Reportedly his agent and he himself were taken aback by this.

I think he stays in Europe and is happy there. We will not have any more shotblockers on this team.

Bartleby
06-07-2008, 03:42 PM
No he didn't.

Yes, he did.

timvp
06-07-2008, 03:52 PM

That imo is what killed his chances of ever being a Spur. :huh

I don't remember it going down like that. I remember that when the 2006 summer started, Presti and Pop were hyping up Javtokas. They all but said he'd be brought over. There was no anger or anything concerning Javtokas after his 2005 decision. Hell, he even came to town during the 2005-06 season.

What happened was in that summer the Spurs offered him the LLE and he wanted more money. The Spurs said they were going to look at another big to bring along with him and Javtokas didn't want that. Either Javtokas or his agent (I forget who said it) said that he didn't want to have to vie for minutes with another big. The Spurs ignored that request and signed both Elson and Butler to offersheets.

If Elson or Butler had been matched, there was a chance the Spurs were going back to Javtokas ... but he was pissed by then. However, a two-year fully guaranteed contract for the LLE for Javtokas was fair. He could have come over for that money but he wanted some MLE action.

I'm not sure if that bridge is burned but I haven't heard anything from either side to indicate there is still interest.

CaptainLate
06-07-2008, 03:55 PM
Who's the pick that had the motorcycle accident?

objective
06-07-2008, 04:04 PM
Presti was somewhat hyping Javtokas, true, in particular on the pre-game radio. That's the only example I recall immediately. But hey, Pop also hyped Scola.

The bridge-burning is my interpretation going back as to why the Spurs offered only the LLE. They offered more to a fat Jackie Butler who was restricted. They weren't going to sign 3 bigs, 2 with the MLE and one LLE. They weren't so interested in a player who would not even give them the chance to sign him a year before, especially an ingrate who owed his surgically repaired career to the Spurs.

It all fits the 'doghouse theory' of Spurs negotiations, and it fits with why I never thought Scola would ever be a Spur despite his modest salary demands. Doghouse Theory Physics has been a tried and true theory of prediction, much like general relativity. :lol

Besides, Javtokas probably wouldn't even be a good fit anymore compared to the summer of 06. He can't score other than dunks and a primitive hook shot. Spurs need help scoring now, the defense isn't the biggest problem.

oligarchy
06-07-2008, 04:06 PM
Javtokas

Mr. Body
06-07-2008, 04:06 PM
Yes, he did.

Scola didn't fuck the Spurs over.
Javtokas didn't fuck the Spurs over.
Splitter might have fucked them over, depending on your viewpoint.
But no, Javtokas didn't fuck them over. You're an idiot.

timvp
06-07-2008, 04:19 PM
The bridge-burning is my interpretation going back as to why the Spurs offered only the LLE.Signing Javtokas to the LLE was always the plan. He wasn't good enough to break out the MLE. The LLE was more than he was making in Europe at the time. He tried to play hardball and lost.

Right now, I still wouldn't want Javtokas signed if he takes part of the MLE.

Bartleby
06-07-2008, 04:24 PM
Scola didn't fuck the Spurs over.
Javtokas didn't fuck the Spurs over.
Splitter might have fucked them over, depending on your viewpoint.
But no, Javtokas didn't fuck them over. You're an idiot.

Read my original post. It's clear I was talking about Splitter.

Mr. Body
06-07-2008, 04:30 PM
Read my original post. It's clear I was talking about Splitter.

Alright. Shenanigans. Sorry.

Yes, Splitter fucked the Spurs over.

tav1
06-07-2008, 04:45 PM
Presti was somewhat hyping Javtokas, true, in particular on the pre-game radio. That's the only example I recall immediately. But hey, Pop also hyped Scola.

The bridge-burning is my interpretation going back as to why the Spurs offered only the LLE. They offered more to a fat Jackie Butler who was restricted. They weren't going to sign 3 bigs, 2 with the MLE and one LLE. They weren't so interested in a player who would not even give them the chance to sign him a year before, especially an ingrate who owed his surgically repaired career to the Spurs.

It all fits the 'doghouse theory' of Spurs negotiations, and it fits with why I never thought Scola would ever be a Spur despite his modest salary demands. Doghouse Theory Physics has been a tried and true theory of prediction, much like general relativity. :lol

Besides, Javtokas probably wouldn't even be a good fit anymore compared to the summer of 06. He can't score other than dunks and a primitive hook shot. Spurs need help scoring now, the defense isn't the biggest problem.

Javtokas is no better or worse than other 6th bigs the Spurs could pick up. He is a good shot blocker, which makes him an option. I think another shot blocker on the bench could be a help, but for 8 minutes or less a game, I'm certain that the LLE is sufficient. If he wants more, he can stay in Europe.

We need more offense, for sure. But we're not looking for offense from a 6th big. We need offense from the wing and perimeter. Duncan, Parker, Mahinmi and Oberto will provide enough paint scoring.

So far people have suggested Patrick O'Bryant, Alonzo Mourning (if healthy), Rod Benson, Javtokas, and a draft pick/Toros assigment for the 6th big slot. None of these guys will mean the difference between winning and losing a championship. So, if Javtokas comes, fine. If not, no one cares.

tav1
06-07-2008, 04:48 PM
:huh

I don't remember it going down like that. I remember that when the 2006 summer started, Presti and Pop were hyping up Javtokas. They all but said he'd be brought over. There was no anger or anything concerning Javtokas after his 2005 decision. Hell, he even came to town during the 2005-06 season.

What happened was in that summer the Spurs offered him the LLE and he wanted more money. The Spurs said they were going to look at another big to bring along with him and Javtokas didn't want that. Either Javtokas or his agent (I forget who said it) said that he didn't want to have to vie for minutes with another big. The Spurs ignored that request and signed both Elson and Butler to offersheets.

If Elson or Butler had been matched, there was a chance the Spurs were going back to Javtokas ... but he was pissed by then. However, a two-year fully guaranteed contract for the LLE for Javtokas was fair. He could have come over for that money but he wanted some MLE action.

I'm not sure if that bridge is burned but I haven't heard anything from either side to indicate there is still interest.

Now that he is older, a two year LLE is about as much as he could reasonably demand anyway. It works well for the Spurs cap plan, too.

Is Javtokas currently under contract. I remember reading that he was not getting good minutes this past season--maybe that humbled and/or soured him enough to be satisfied with the LLE.

Mr. Body
06-07-2008, 05:00 PM
Nobody has answered this: Do we have any reason to believe Javtokas would be interested in playing in the NBA at this point? Do we know he'd even answer the Spurs' phone calls?

wildbill2u
06-08-2008, 12:57 PM

I agree with your memory. I think he turned down the Spurs offer for a bigger/better offer from a Greek team. As I recall, he got there and didn't play much.

This was a foreshadowing of the bidding war for players that is now going on with the Euros. Something that wasn't forseen when we started drafting all those develpmental players.

Now, if the player is any good the top Euro teams have enough money to be competitive with their contracts. If they're not any good, who wants them over here?

Marcus Bryant
06-08-2008, 03:17 PM
Javtokas wanted part of the Spurs' MLE in '06. He didn't get it and he went to a Greek team. Then he proceeded to suck that season.

timvp
06-08-2008, 04:08 PM
Nobody has answered this: Do we have any reason to believe Javtokas would be interested in playing in the NBA at this point? Do we know he'd even answer the Spurs' phone calls?Are you waiting for Javtokas himself to answer you?

Bruno
06-08-2008, 04:20 PM
Javtokas signed last summer a 2 years contract with a NBA opt out close at the end of the first year.
We can assume that he hasn't fully ruled out coming in NBA one day.

Saying that, I would be really surprised to see Spurs signing him this summer.

picnroll
06-08-2008, 04:31 PM
Curious what is Javtokas getting paid by the Dynamos?

Bruno
06-08-2008, 04:31 PM
Curious what is Javtokas getting paid by the Dynamos?

€1.5M per year.

picnroll
06-08-2008, 04:34 PM
€1.5M per year.
So even on an LLE, if he showed anything at all he could make more money in a couple of years in the NBA.

Personally I'm not high on him. He seems a little stiff and without a natural feel for the game.

MaNu4Tres
06-08-2008, 04:39 PM
How well did he play this past year? Does anyone have his stats?

Bruno
06-08-2008, 04:41 PM
http://www.ulebcup.com/ulebcup/home/on-court/players/showplayer?pcode=BVE

http://www.basket.ru/index.php?dn=base&to=playerstat&id=5900&idt=2

MaNu4Tres
06-08-2008, 04:52 PM
Thanks Bruno...12 ppg 6 rpg 1.4 bpg in 26 minutes shooting 70 percent. I like it. His athletic presence may be our best option right now for a big. It be nice to sign him or diop to the LLE, resign Kurt Thomas, and let horry walk.

Spurtacus
06-08-2008, 04:53 PM
Am I correct to say he's 28 years old? Not that he's old if he is...

Marcus Bryant
06-08-2008, 05:05 PM
€1.5M per year.

A LLE contract would seem to be somewhat competitive with that (kinda depends on what kind of buyout he has). At 28, he could come over for the LLE for a couple of seasons and then be eligible for a significantly larger contract at age 30.

Marcus Bryant
06-08-2008, 05:06 PM
Am I correct to say he's 28 years old? Not that he's old if he is...

Robertas Javtokas (born March 20, 1980 in Šiauliai, Lithuanian SSR, USSR)

link (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robertas_Javtokas)

Harry Callahan
06-08-2008, 06:48 PM
At this point the Spurs need to explore all options. A two year deal might work. He looks like a decent athlete from what I've seen. The Spurs need some athletes and need them now.

Ian is also a step in this direction even moreso than Splitter.

bigfan
06-28-2008, 05:54 PM
I think its time to take a serious look at this guy, esp with Horry wanting to come back for the minimum. Ive always thought this guy would be a good player in the NBA.

LakerHater
06-28-2008, 05:57 PM
Learn to use [youtube] tags...
How do you do that?!?http://db.funformobile.com/images/smiles/sad.gif (javascript:emoticon('form_text',':-('))

duncan228
06-28-2008, 05:59 PM
How do you do that?!?http://db.funformobile.com/images/smiles/sad.gif (javascript:emoticon('form_text',':-('))

Tutorial here:

http://spurstalk.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2601509&postcount=2

LakerHater
06-28-2008, 06:06 PM
Tutorial here:

http://spurstalk.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2601509&postcount=2
Wowhttp://db.funformobile.com/images/smiles/surprised.gif (javascript:emoticon('form_text',':-o'))! That was very helpful, thanks!!http://db.funformobile.com/images/smiles/good.gif (javascript:emoticon('form_text',':good:'))

duncan228
06-28-2008, 06:09 PM
Wowhttp://db.funformobile.com/images/smiles/surprised.gif (javascript:emoticon('form_text',':-o'))! That was very helpful, thanks!!http://db.funformobile.com/images/smiles/good.gif (javascript:emoticon('form_text',':good:'))

No problem. Slomo does great stuff for us all. :)

Kill_Bill_Pana
06-28-2008, 06:12 PM
Like this

lTsnMFr7-g0

ZNwkeNIOkOo

Bruno
06-28-2008, 06:17 PM
Sign Javtokas, Siskauskas and trade the TE for Shawne Williams and call it an offseason.

Mr.Bottomtooth
06-28-2008, 06:21 PM
Sign Javtokas, Siskauskas and trade the TE for Shawne Williams and call it an offseason.

KBP has said that Ramunas' main problem is that he might not be able to hang with the speed of the NBA.
Do you see him making it in the NBA if he decides to come?

Bruno
06-28-2008, 06:23 PM
KBP has said that Ramunas' main problem is that he might not be able to hang with the speed of the NBA.

I think he can be a quite good role player. He hasn't the physical tools to be more but he is damn smart.

Kill_Bill_Pana
06-28-2008, 06:23 PM

He can make it in the NBA with a team like Spurs but Spurs cannot pay him what he make in Europe.

Mr.Bottomtooth
06-28-2008, 06:26 PM
He can make it in the NBA with a team like Spurs but Spurs cannot pay him what he make in Europe.

What are the odds of him taking less money to join the NBA?

T Park
06-28-2008, 06:28 PM

Doubtful Javtokas can get out of that russian contract, and take a 1.8 LLE.

TheProfessor
06-28-2008, 06:30 PM
Dream off-season for me. Would need to cut one of the second-rounders.

The other thing about Javtokas - I doubt he'd like the idea of competing with Mahinmi for minutes.

We've also got those extra second rounders to sweeten the pot for a rebuilding Pacers' team. They're essentially worthless with next year's prospect crop, but Bird will take what he can get.

angelbelow
06-28-2008, 06:32 PM
i say bring him, his youtube videos make him look much better than he is, but i dont care, we should sign him.

ChumpDumper
06-28-2008, 06:34 PM
If he'll take the LLE, welcome.

Kill_Bill_Pana
06-28-2008, 06:35 PM
Doubtful Javtokas can get out of that russian contract, and take a 1.8 LLE.

Spurs would need twice this amount at least to sign him. Dimos Dikoudis 6-9 PF from Greece is get 3 different offers for 3 million euros contract for two years from Russia league teams. Erazem Lorbek 6-10 C from Slovenia just gets 4 million euros contract for 3 years from CSKA.

So I think LLE to get Javtokas is very much not possible even Tsakalidis get 1.7 million euro per year. Javtokas can get something like Fotsis get maybe. Fotsis just get 4.5 million euro for 3 years and this is net.

So LLE will not get him I do not think.

ChumpDumper
06-28-2008, 06:35 PM
Then he isn't welcome.

Kill_Bill_Pana
06-28-2008, 06:37 PM
What are the odds of him taking less money to join the NBA?

I not know but he say before he will not just like Papaloukas. And we see how this happen for Papaloukas and he sign with Olympiacos and not take offers from Pistons and Raptors. Pistons even offer him be starter at point guard and they will trade Billups and Prince for some other players. But these Europe players is not willing take such big pay cuts these days.

Just few years ago Spurs could get Siska easy but now pay difference is much to big I think.

Bruno
06-28-2008, 06:41 PM
Javtokas and Siskauskas will both have to take a paycut to come in SA.
They are also quite good friends so signing both could help them to make the jump to the NBA.

Kill_Bill_Pana
06-28-2008, 06:42 PM
i say bring him, his youtube videos make him look much better than he is, but i dont care, we should sign him.

Javtokas have coach like Popovich when play with Panathinaikos for Obradovic and he really never get off bench all year. So I not sure he is Spurs type player or Popovich type player. Siska should be exact type player Popovich like. But Siska is not same athlete for NBA as Javtokas is.

Maybe because both is Lithuania players maybe they would be interest come for less money if Spurs was to sign both. This like issue for players from Europe like Spanoulis feel he have no one in US to talk with and this cause problems. Might make players take less money to have national teammate with them.

Kill_Bill_Pana
06-28-2008, 06:43 PM
Javtokas and Siskauskas will both have to take a paycut to come in SA.
They are also quite good friends so signing both could help them to make the jump to the NBA.

And these things is problem because Euro players see Beno do not play for Popovich and this make player think hard about take less money.

ChumpDumper
06-28-2008, 06:45 PM
If players let Beno influence their decision making, we don't want them.

Mr.Bottomtooth
06-28-2008, 06:45 PM
And these things is problem because Euro players see Beno do not play for Popovich and this make player think hard about take less money.

They should see how Manu and Oberto got playing time.

Bruno
06-28-2008, 06:46 PM
Spurs starting center is Oberto.
I'm quite sure most Euro players thinks that Spurs is one of the best place for them in the NBA.

Kill_Bill_Pana
06-28-2008, 06:48 PM
They should see how Manu and Oberto got playing time.

They not care. If ask take half amount money they will want play. Believe what I say Siskauskas will come to no team unless he believe he will be very important and big player.

Kill_Bill_Pana
Spurs starting center is Oberto.
I'm quite sure most Euro players thinks that Spurs is one of the best place for them in the NBA.

I think with Beno and Scola Spurs reputation is not same as was before for Europe players.

Bruno
http://img.lrytas.lt/show_foto/?id=12146030101213487094&s=1&f=1

Bring them and also their wives

Mr.Bottomtooth
06-28-2008, 06:49 PM
They not care. If ask take half amount money they will want play. Believe what i say Siskauskas will come to no team unless he believe he will be very important and big player.

If they don't care about Manu and Oberto, who always tried and were patient and got their PT, why would they care about Beno who was lazy and didn't try?

Biggems
06-28-2008, 06:50 PM
adding Javtokas and Mahimni would definitely upgrade our low post athleticism. Then we would probably sign Horry and let Thomas walk.....unless we were looking to trade Bonner, then keep Horry and Thomas.

C - Oberto, Mahimni, Bonner/Thomas
PF - Duncan, Horry, Javtokas

I could definitely live with that front court.

Mr.Bottomtooth
http://img.lrytas.lt/show_foto/?id=12146030101213487094&s=1&f=1

Bring them and also their wives

:lol

Bruno
I think with Beno and Scola Spurs reputation is not same as was before for Europe players.

Your dear Jasikevicus said that Spurs were the "dream" organization.

And Scola never played for Spurs.

Kill_Bill_Pana
06-28-2008, 06:51 PM
If they don't care about Manu and Oberto, who always tried and were patient and got their PT, why would they care about Beno who was lazy and didn't try?

They would be get about half maybe less money than in Europe. You think player will do this unless he know for sure he will play? This sound as stupid as Rockets fans wonders why Spanoulis gets mad after Van Gundy lie him about play time and he signs for small contract compare from in Greece.

No player will agree to such things.

Kill_Bill_Pana
06-28-2008, 06:52 PM
Your dear Jasikevicus said that Spurs were the "dream" organization.

And Scola never played for Spurs.

Jasikevicius is arrogant ass. He think he is above PAO. But yes he could be Spurs type player until his ego get in way.

Mr.Bottomtooth
06-28-2008, 06:53 PM
They would be get about half maybe less money than in Europe. You think player will do this unless he know for sure he will play? This sound as stupid as Rockets fans wonders why Spanoulis gets mad after Van Gundy lie him about play time and he signs for small contract compare from in Greece.

No player will agree to such things.

The point is that if they are as good as you say they are and don't get lazy, they should be just fine with their playing time. Why must they take the advice from Beno after how Beno showed his poor work ethic?

Bruno
06-28-2008, 06:54 PM
Jasikevicius is arrogant ass.

Stop trashtalking PAO's best player. :stirpot:

Mr.Bottomtooth
06-28-2008, 06:56 PM

:lol

Kill_Bill_Pana
06-28-2008, 06:56 PM
The point is that if they are as good as you say they are and don't get lazy, they should be just fine with their playing time. Why must they take the advice from Beno after how Beno showed his poor work ethic?

Javtokas is lazy player just like Beno. You not know this? Also no guarantee for Siska. You must understand he is player beat his opponent with skill and his mind. It will take time for such player to find his place in NBA team.

He is not player like Manu or Parker. He is player with very high skill and basketball IQ but he is not fast and quick player like them. He is Europe style player and they is NBA style player. You understand what I mean?

Neither of these player is like Spanoulis do not get confuse. I say how he can do in NBA but he is much more talent player than them.

Mr.Bottomtooth
06-28-2008, 06:58 PM
Javtokas is lazy player just like Beno. You not know this? Also no guarantee for Siska. You must understand he is player beat his opponent with skill and his mind. It will take time for such player to find his place in NBA team.

He is not player like Manu or Parker. He is player with very high skill and basketball IQ but he is not fast and quick player like them. He is Europe style player and they is NBA style player. You understand what I mean?

Neither of these player is like Spanoulis do not get confuse. I say how he can do in NBA but he is much more talent player than them.

What has Javtokas done to show that he is lazy like Beno?

Kill_Bill_Pana
06-28-2008, 06:58 PM

Do you know we is try sell him to Barcelona? After coach get mad with him about ego and try be bigger than team he get very mad in locker room and say it should be his team.

Coach say should be Spanoulis team and Saras is very mad at coach still.

Kill_Bill_Pana
06-28-2008, 07:00 PM
What has Javtokas done to show that he is lazy like Beno?

6-11 player with his athlete skill and he is only one of best players in ULEB Cup level? This is player who is waste talent.

Bruno
06-28-2008, 07:01 PM
Do you know we is try sell him to Barcelona?

I know it.
To me, it's quite obvious than either Spanoulis or Jasikevicius should leave Pao this summer.
If both stay, there will have too much drama on and off the court next year.

Kill_Bill_Pana
06-28-2008, 07:04 PM
I know it.
To me, it's quite obvious than either Spanoulis or Jasikevicius should leave Pao this summer.
If both stay, there will have too much drama on and off the court next year.

This is true. Is actual Spanoulis choice if he would want try NBA again. But he make promise to PAO owner to stay until win euroleague. Some reason PAO guards not have good chemistry, Diamantidis is defender but even he demand ball. All of them demand have ball.

ChumpDumper
06-28-2008, 07:05 PM
I think with Beno and Scola Spurs reputation is not same as was before for Europe players.That's why Batum did everything he could to fall to the Spurs. :rolleyes

Kill_Bill_Pana
06-28-2008, 07:06 PM
That's why Batum did everything he could to fall to the Spurs. :rolleyes

French players is all about NBA. This is not same thing as Lithuania players.

ChumpDumper
06-28-2008, 07:08 PM
French players is all about NBA. This is not same thing as Lithuania players.You said Europe.

Lithuania isn't Slovenia either and Scola isn't from Europe.

Kill_Bill_Pana
06-28-2008, 07:09 PM
I am not say Spurs cannot get these players I am just say maybe they will have to start offer more money. Just how is now. If player make certain demand and you wants them must give the money. Europe players is no longer take less money for NBA "glory" this just thing of past.

Kill_Bill_Pana
06-28-2008, 07:10 PM
You said Europe.

Lithuania isn't Slovenia either and Scola isn't from Europe.

Why you not understand simple thing? It will take more money than fan is saying to gets them. They can help Spurs and they would be willing to play with them so Spurs should come with better offer than LLE.

When I say Scola from Europe? I mean player he is Euroleague player. You not understand this? Beside Argentina player is same as French ones all about NBA. Is different for Balkan players and Lithuania players and them.

Bruno
06-28-2008, 07:10 PM
You can add Pintezis who was damn happy to be drafted by Spurs and disappointed to have been traded to Toronto.

Kill_Bill_Pana
06-28-2008, 07:13 PM
You can add Pintezis who was damn happy to be drafted by Spurs and disappointed to have been traded to Toronto.

Printezis say in Greece he rather be with Raptors. He maybe think is easier make Raptors.

Maybe Spurs can offer Siska 5 years contract at MLE with all raises? Maybe this he will consider? Understand PAO fans know him well. He is money chaser. He leave PAO just like over night for money. Remember he just dump team and contract like nothing because he gets money offer. He is player who go after big contract.

ChumpDumper
06-28-2008, 07:32 PM
Why you not understand simple thing? It will take more money than fan is saying to gets them. They can help Spurs and they would be willing to play with them so Spurs should come with better offer than LLE.No, you said that they wouldn't join the Spurs because of Beno and Scola.

When I say Scola from Europe? I mean player he is Euroleague player. You not understand this? Beside Argentina player is same as French ones all about NBA. Is different for Balkan players and Lithuania players and them.You said Europe. If it is different for French players, saying Europe is very stupid of you.

Kill_Bill_Pana
06-28-2008, 07:37 PM
No, you said that they wouldn't join the Spurs because of Beno and Scola.

You said Europe. If it is different for French players, saying Europe is very stupid of you.

You not realize French players is develop different than Lithuania ones?

ChumpDumper
06-28-2008, 07:38 PM
You not realize France is in Europe?

manufor3
06-28-2008, 08:08 PM

jay williams

TDMVPDPOY
06-28-2008, 10:32 PM

you do know those fagots you have mention during this pass season doesnt mean shit to the spurs right? with or without them the spurs won championships in the pass.

and you can taste spanous scrotum all you like, if he cant handle under JVG, whats makes you think he can handle POPs ranting and expectations....All of them euro/rookie players coming to the spurs will go through that 2yr jax system, you will not get minutes until you learn the system....

I cant wait to see what vaughn can do since he has 1yr under his belt with the spurs.....i dont expect a hugh improvement, we just want efficiency from him.

wildbill2u
06-29-2008, 09:03 AM
The days of bringing in great/good overseas players for peanuts are over. The Euro leagues now can pay more than the NBA to keep their stars.

Regarding the glory and prestige of the NBA over the Euro leagues, let's not be so chauvinistic. Have we forgotten the origin of the Spurs and their players like Gervin Silas and Keenon who chose the ABA?

The NBA was forced to merge with the much disparaged ABA because of money which drew a lot of superstars, great and good players to the 'minor' league.

BOHOLANO#21
06-29-2008, 09:05 AM
you do know those fagots you have mention during this pass season doesnt mean shit to the spurs right? with or without them the spurs won championships in the pass.

and you can taste spanous scrotum all you like, if he cant handle under JVG, whats makes you think he can handle POPs ranting and expectations....All of them euro/rookie players coming to the spurs will go through that 2yr jax system, you will not get minutes until you learn the system....

I cant wait to see what vaughn can do since he has 1yr under his belt with the spurs.....i dont expect a hugh improvement, we just want efficiency from him.
vaughn played for the spurs the last two years. are you talking of a different vaughn?:rolleyes

bigfan
06-29-2008, 11:00 AM
Back to the subject of Javtokas...you are probably right he can make more money in Europe right now. However, the NBA is the premier basketball league and only foreign players with a tough heart can make it in the US. Sometimes even when they have the talent (like that greek PG) they dont have the guts to tough it out here and go home with their tail between their legs. Other players who maybe arent the best at their position but have lots of heart (ie Oberto) tough it out and can actually make an impact playing in the NBA. I think Javtokas might be the type of player that does want to try to play here and may be willing to take a pay cut for the opportunity to play in the premier basketball league. Somebody in the front office needs to ask him about this.

Kill_Bill_Pana
06-29-2008, 11:06 AM
Back to the subject of Javtokas...you are probably right he can make more money in Europe right now. However, the NBA is the premier basketball league and only foreign players with a tough heart can make it in the US. Sometimes even when they have the talent (like that greek PG) they dont have the guts to tough it out here and go home with their tail between their legs. Other players who maybe arent the best at their position but have lots of heart (ie Oberto) tough it out and can actually make an impact playing in the NBA. I think Javtokas might be the type of player that does want to try to play here and may be willing to take a pay cut for the opportunity to play in the premier basketball league. Somebody in the front office needs to ask him about this.

If he do come with Spurs and get play time he will have many ESPN highlights in Sportscenter maybe this is thing he crave? Such player will get much press and ref calls because Stern loves player with highlight dunks.

Rescueone
06-29-2008, 11:34 AM
Someone needs to tell him it's a lot cheaper to live in the U.S (San Antonio) than in Europe these days. The cost of living in Europe is off the charts today! One has to take that into consideration when talking money.

Kill_Bill_Pana
06-29-2008, 11:35 AM
Someone needs to tell him it's a lot cheaper to live in the U.S (San Antonio) than in Europe these days. The cost of living in Europe is off the charts today! One has to take that into consideration when talking money.

Big teams there like he play in rich club Dynamo pay all bills and expense and for house and for cars even insurance and everything.

SenorSpur
06-29-2008, 11:37 AM

I chatted with a bartender friend of mine, who happens to be from Lithuania, and he told me that Javtokas is currently playing in Russia. While he was unaware that the Spurs had drafted him a few years ago, he did confirm to me that Javtokas is making big dollars in Russia and likely would not want to take less money to come to America.

Biggems
06-29-2008, 11:41 AM
I chatted with a bartender friend of mine, who happens to be from Lithuania, and he told me that Javtokas is currently playing in Russia. While he was unaware that the Spurs had drafted him a few years ago, he did confirm to me that Javtokas is making big dollars in Russia and likely would not want to take less money to come to America.

Thats too bad, cause I would love to see him in a Spurs uniform for the next 3-5 years.

Rescueone
06-29-2008, 11:51 AM
Big teams there like he play in rich club Dynamo pay all bills and expense and for house and for cars even insurance and everything.

Sounds to me like Dynamo took all those things into salary considerations when signing their players. If they were to subtract all the perks from the equation how would that equate to true salary earned?

Kill_Bill_Pana
06-29-2008, 12:32 PM
Sounds to me like Dynamo took all those things into salary considerations when signing their players. If they were to subtract all the perks from the equation how would that equate to true salary earned?

Player of big clubs gets report salary. This is number in press or website. Is also tax free. In addition to this amounts players get free car, free house, bills and expense paid, all tax free also and is not even count in income number.

I do not know what this number for expense is for Dynamo but for PAO is 200k euro net for each player per season. And Moscow is much more expensive then Athens to live. In fact Moscow is most expensive city in world so I guess figure is higher then PAO one.

Rescueone
06-29-2008, 12:52 PM
Player of big clubs gets report salary. This is number in press or website. Is also tax free. In addition to this amounts players get free car, free house, bills and expense paid, all tax free also and is not even count in income number.

I do not know what this number for expense is for Dynamo but for PAO is 200k euro net for each player per season. And Moscow is much more expensive then Athens to live. In fact Moscow is most expensive city in world so I guess figure is higher then PAO one.

Wow, thanks for that info. I still think he would be living just fine in San Antonio where the cost of living is way, way lower than in Europe.

intlspurshk
06-29-2008, 01:01 PM
I don't think SPURS can afford to sign him (ie He will be insulted again)

wildbill2u
06-29-2008, 02:44 PM
In all those highlight vids--and remember those ARE highlight vids--they only establish that he has some athleticism and has one reliable shot--the dunk. I don't know of any player in the NBA who is able to get away with that limited repertoire.

He might just be a taller version of JAMES WHITE!

Biggems
06-29-2008, 02:59 PM
In all those highlight vids--and remember those ARE highlight vids--they only establish that he has some athleticism and has one reliable shot--the dunk. I don't know of any player in the NBA who is able to get away with that limited repertoire.

he has 3pt range in Europe. He has a solid jumpshot and hook in the lane. He can run the floor and knows how to finish around the basket. From what I saw of him a few years ago, he was a mediocre FT shooter, so that would fit nicely with the Spurs. Defensively, he blocks shots very well. I do not know how good his man D is, since they play a lot of zone in Europe. From what I saw of him, he was a better offensive rebounder than defensive rebounder, which I can live with....

objective
06-29-2008, 03:11 PM

Javtokas isn't a scorer.

He is what he is, a defensive toughguy who rebounds and blocks shots. His offense is finishing with dunks. Thats nothing to sneeze at. His other offense is primitive hook shots and post moves and he is a terrible free throw shooter, that will never change.

Looking back at summer 06 he was the best option at the time. Elson and Butler were failures, especially Butler. Elson could only run around, he was never an effective rebounder, wasn't a shotblocker, and other than too infrequent break baskets and long jumpers wasn't very useful. Butler was just a tall fat guy that Larry Brown was taken with for a short period of time.

Javtokas had no buyout in 06 and was gettable. Him being the third option to a 30 year old 3rd string RFA center and a fatass coat-stealing RFA was a severe disappointment, and the Spurs won in 07 in spite of how they spent the MLE in summer 06 not because of it.

--------------

ALL THAT BEING SAID

Javtokas will never be a Spur, and at this point in time with Mahinmi on board Javtokas is fairly unnecessary. He could still be a nice banger off the bench to muscle up against the bigger centers out west, but with Thomas likely to be re-signed Javtokas has no place and is making much better money in Russia.

I liked him in 06 and like him still, but there isn't a place for him anymore, unlike in 06 where the Spurs were in a situation where both worthless and doghouse ridden centers were exited (Rasho and Nazr), Oberto hadn't shown anything, and Scola was bound to never play for SA. Javtokas had a role he could fill then, but not anymore.

MAYBE if Kurt Thomas retires inexplicably or gets a huge overpaid deal from another team the Spurs will consider Javtokas as a back-up plan over established scrub FA centers, but that's highly unlikely.

lotr1trekkie
06-29-2008, 03:23 PM
Jovtakas seems like a bull inside. Possible replacement for Thomas? Does he really want to play in the NBA?

Manufan909
07-01-2008, 08:26 PM
Hopefully. A big lineup of: RJ, TD, Ian, KT, Bonner, and Fab would look very nice.

Marcus Bryant
07-01-2008, 08:35 PM
Hopefully. A big lineup of: RJ, TD, Ian, KT, Bonner, and Fab would look very nice.

OK. 6 players and 5 chairs. You tell me.

Manufan909
07-01-2008, 09:26 PM
Obviously Bonner'll still probably be in the doghouse, and we all know the Spurs won't be able to trade him, so he's just going to have to keep warming up the bench.

tav1
07-02-2008, 10:02 PM
Forgive me if this is a dumb question, but wouldn't Javtokas come in under a rookie contract, meaning the Spurs could sign him, just like Hill or Hairston, without dipping into the MLE or LLE. If the answer is yes, then I'd suspect the Maggette (full MLE) and Delfino (full LLE) rumors are true and that what's his frick from the EN might be right that the Spurs are looking at Javtokas as a 6th big.

Marcus Bryant
07-02-2008, 10:06 PM
Forgive me if this is a dumb question, but wouldn't Javtokas come in under a rookie contract, meaning the Spurs could sign him, just like Hill or Hairston, without dipping into the MLE or LLE. If the answer is yes, then I'd suspect the Maggette (full MLE) and Delfino (full LLE) rumors are true and that what's his frick from the EN might be right that the Spurs are looking at Javtokas as a 6th big.

Nah, he's like a free agent and only the Spurs have his rights, but they must have the cap room (or exceptions) to sign him.

tav1
07-02-2008, 10:08 PM
Nah, he's like a free agent and only the Spurs have his rights, but they must have the cap room (or exceptions) to sign him.

Damn. Thanks for the answer. But does that mean the Spurs could sign him with their Beno money?

hsxvvd
07-02-2008, 10:12 PM
http://www.golf-tips.info/forumdyna/bilder/rounders1.jpg

Kill_Bill_Pana....

Marcus Bryant
07-02-2008, 10:13 PM
Damn. Thanks for the answer. But does that mean the Spurs could sign him with their Beno money?

Nope. That's only for trades.

spurman20
07-02-2008, 10:44 PM
Thats too bad, cause I would love to see him in a Spurs uniform for the next 3-5 years.

The good news is Russian leagues big money is 2-3 mil, they dont pay the money the spanish teams do...and his buy out is reported to be 500k

TDMVPDPOY
07-02-2008, 11:07 PM
javtokas should get what oberto got when he came to the spurs....

Kill_Bill_Pana
07-03-2008, 09:48 AM
The good news is Russian leagues big money is 2-3 mil, they dont pay the money the spanish teams do...and his buy out is reported to be 500k

This is wrong. Russian teams pay huge money.

objective
07-07-2008, 09:57 PM
plenty of new footage of Javtokas with his russian team in this highlight video of various Lithuanian players. There's a lot of older Javtokas stuff, but all the new stuff with Dynamo starts at around 6:15.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hlKiiMI0O6Q

he looks a bit heavier.

exstatic
07-07-2008, 10:08 PM
Juck Favtokas.

Mr.Bottomtooth
07-07-2008, 10:08 PM
He has a nice floater.

timvp
07-07-2008, 10:13 PM
Still looks pretty athletic. He and Splitter must have had the same coach at some point because they both have that same disgusting hook shot. I wonder if the Express-News mentions him a lot because they know he might be coming over ... or just to fill up their word count.

That'd be pretty cool if Javtokas shocks the world and agrees to play for the Spurs summer league team.

Gino2882
07-07-2008, 10:22 PM
Could use his athleticism.

wisnub
07-07-2008, 10:23 PM
What is the contract situation? this foreign player things have been backfire for Spurs

spurman20
07-07-2008, 10:26 PM
This is wrong. Russian teams pay huge money.

Russian teams are considered poor....thats way all the good players tend to gravitate to the spanish leauges...Javtokas is a super star and is making about mill american.

ducks
07-07-2008, 10:37 PM
What is the contract situation? this foreign player things have been backfire for Spurs

yeah spurs paid for him to walk
and he was worried about beating out elson and said FUCK THE SPURS:bang:bang:bang

remingtonbo2001
07-07-2008, 10:41 PM
His quickness is a definite plus.

He's capable of getting his shot off quickly, whether from the outside, or from the post.

ducks
07-07-2008, 10:46 PM
if he thinks he can not outplay elson
His confidence sucks
say no

TDMVPDPOY
07-07-2008, 11:03 PM
i say we sign him and siskauskas and call it a summer

angelbelow
07-08-2008, 12:12 AM
i say we sign him and siskauskas and call it a summer

+ maggette.

Marcus Bryant
07-08-2008, 12:20 AM
Javtokas makes sense if the Spurs lose Thomas or if they move Bonner.

Blackjack
07-08-2008, 12:24 AM
Still looks pretty athletic. He and Splitter must have had the same coach at some point because they both have that same disgusting hook shot. I wonder if the Express-News mentions him a lot because they know he might be coming over ... or just to fill up their word count.

That'd be pretty cool if Javtokas shocks the world and agrees to play for the Spurs summer league team.

Has his offense improved at all, or is he still pretty one-dimensional?

Marcus Bryant
07-08-2008, 12:26 AM
It might be worth it to the Spurs to see if they can sign Javtokas to a 2 year deal for the LLE. If he is worthwhile, they could give him a raise in the summer of 2010...or they could use him in a deal before then. Splitter not coming over may just have created an opportunity for him, if he does want to play in the NBA.

One wonders if Splitter had opted to join the Spurs if they would have an interest in retaining Thomas...

Blackjack
07-08-2008, 12:34 AM
It might be worth it to the Spurs to see if they can sign Javtokas to a 2 year deal for the LLE. If he is worthwhile, they could give him a raise in the summer of 2010...or they could use him in a deal before then. Splitter not coming over may just have created an opportunity for him, if he does want to play in the NBA.

One wonders if Splitter had opted to join the Spurs if they would have an interest in retaining Thomas...

As much as they like Splitter, I have a hard time believing they'd get rid of Thomas for an unproven rookie.

They probably hoped to have him learn from him for a year or two. Splitter would get his minutes, but Thomas would be (at minimum) a nice insurance- policy come playoff time.

Marcus Bryant
07-08-2008, 12:36 AM
Then perhaps there is room for Javtokas next season.

Blackjack
07-08-2008, 12:45 AM
Then perhaps there is room for Javtokas next season.

I wouldn't rule it out.

It's probably too early to tell, but depending on what is/becomes available... He just might be the best option.

TDMVPDPOY
07-08-2008, 01:04 AM
what is javtokas age now

and thomas age now?

SenorSpur
07-08-2008, 01:07 AM
I'm not sure how much Javtokas is being paid in the Russian league, but what incentive would he have to ditch that salary to come over to the NBA?

SenorSpur
07-08-2008, 01:07 AM

Didn't the Spurs get a cash comp payment of 500k in the recent draft-day trade with the Suns?

objective
07-08-2008, 06:08 PM

I'm confident that McDonald doesn't know anything and Javtokas being a former draft pick is one of the few pieces of Spurs trivia he knows about so he just throws it in without ever being told anything. Spurs didn't even bother to tell him that Barry opted out, I don't see them giving him some inside info that they're bringing Javtokas over.

While it's interesting that no SL roster has been announced yet even though their practices start in less than 24 hours, I'm under the impression that Javtokas even if signed by the Spurs wouldn't play summer league with his national team obligations.

Kill_Bill_Pana
07-09-2008, 07:56 AM
Russian teams are considered poor....thats way all the good players tend to gravitate to the spanish leauges...Javtokas is a super star and is making about mill american.

No. Russian teams are the richest of all. Even compare to FC Barcelona and Real Madrid soccer revenues you have many billions Russian owners.

Javtokas also make much more than you say. He make 1.5 million euros and this is net salary not gross. His salary is like $4 million gross salary in NBA. In Europe he can get 3 years deal and at least same amount of 1.5 million euros because salaries is much higher now than when he sign contract.

So for him SAME AMOUNT he would make in Europe would be like 3 years $12 million contract in NBA. This is not bad contract for big man in NBA. But less than this would be ask him to accept pay cut and like I say before here many time players is no longer take pay cut most of them for "glory" of NBA anymore because NBA is not consider as good as used to be in Europe these days.

3 years $12 million gross NBA contract is like same as he would have in Europe. I not see any chance this player will leave Europe for any pay cut.

tp2021
09-17-2008, 04:07 PM
bump

tp2021
09-17-2008, 04:12 PM
I thought about bumping the Karaulov thread, but after reading the last 4 posts, I decided against it. If you care, here's the link.
http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=71711&highlight=karaulov&page=2

Solid D
09-17-2008, 04:37 PM
By the way, Javtokas is playing alongside Jannero Pargo with Dynamo this year.

tp2021
12-09-2008, 07:47 PM
Bump

ChumpDumper
12-09-2008, 07:52 PM
http://www.eurocupbasketball.com/ulebcup/home/on-court/players/showplayer?pcode=BVE

bigfan
12-09-2008, 11:56 PM
I still wish we bring this guy over one day. Hes still young and vids show one of the meanest slams Ive ever seen (Dwight Howard mean).

Manufan909
12-10-2008, 03:22 AM
http://www.eurocupbasketball.com/ulebcup/home/on-court/players/showplayer?pcode=BVE

Rebounds seem a little weak, but damn, 84% FG is fucking insane.

mountainballer
12-10-2008, 04:22 AM
Eurocup isn't a very high level of competition in the group phase (first 6 games).
Russian league currently is the higher quality competition for Javtokas.

8 games
MPG: 23.5
PPG: 9.0 PPG (57.1% FG)
RPG: 5.5
BPG: 0.9

he started the season pretty well, but cooled down significantly in the last weeks. he has lost some of his minutes to the (more talented) Darjus Lavrinovic, who he was able to outplay for the starter job at the beginning of the season.

btw. Nachbar and Pargo are doing pretty well for Dynamo so far.

Manufan909
12-10-2008, 04:23 AM
When's the earliest date he could get here, July?

pad300
12-10-2008, 11:38 AM
Does anyone know a site that has rebound rate data for Euroleague players? Knickerblogger.net and Basketball-reference.com keep it for the NBA, but I know of no site that keeps it for the euroleagues

Rebound Rate: PERCENTAGE of available rebounds grabbed. Eg team 1 has 14 o rebounds and 28 D rebounds on the game, team 2 has 8 o rebounds and 26 D rebounds. Player K for team 1 has 4 o rebounds and 6 D rebounds. He has an O rebound rate of 4/(26+14) of 10%, and a D rebound rate of 6/(28+8) = 16.7%. His overall rebound rate is 10/(14+28+8+26) = 13.2%. This is typically calculated over a season or a career's worth of games...It is a better statistical measure of a players rebounding ability, being much less influenced by game pace, minutes played, etc... I think it makes a reasonable prediction of Euro rebounding capabilities when they come to the NBA.

Kill_Bill_Pana
12-10-2008, 02:41 PM
Does anyone know a site that has rebound rate data for Euroleague players? Knickerblogger.net and Basketball-reference.com keep it for the NBA, but I know of no site that keeps it for the euroleagues

Rebound Rate: PERCENTAGE of available rebounds grabbed. Eg team 1 has 14 o rebounds and 28 D rebounds on the game, team 2 has 8 o rebounds and 26 D rebounds. Player K for team 1 has 4 o rebounds and 6 D rebounds. He has an O rebound rate of 4/(26+14) of 10%, and a D rebound rate of 6/(28+8) = 16.7%. His overall rebound rate is 10/(14+28+8+26) = 13.2%. This is typically calculated over a season or a career's worth of games...It is a better statistical measure of a players rebounding ability, being much less influenced by game pace, minutes played, etc... I think it makes a reasonable prediction of Euro rebounding capabilities when they come to the NBA.

Hollinger say average player get 18-20 percent MORE rebounds in NBA than he did in Euroleague.

pad300
12-10-2008, 03:35 PM
Hollinger say average player get 18-20 percent MORE rebounds in NBA than he did in Euroleague.

Yeah, but part of that is game pace, and part of it is 48 minute games vs. 40 minute games... Rebound rates are nice, in my opinion, because they do a lot less shifting around, letting you compare apples to apples...

Kill_Bill_Pana
12-10-2008, 05:00 PM
Yeah, but part of that is game pace, and part of it is 48 minute games vs. 40 minute games... Rebound rates are nice, in my opinion, because they do a lot less shifting around, letting you compare apples to apples...

Wrong. Hollinger figures ALL NBA stat on 40 minutes only.

objective
12-10-2008, 07:21 PM
i can't believe he's shooting free throws so well (for him)

tp2021
12-25-2008, 03:48 AM
Is it time to write this guy off too?

jag
12-25-2008, 04:12 AM
Is it time to write this guy off too?

I dont know, but KBP's sig is starting to creep me out a little.

Manufan909
12-25-2008, 05:09 AM
I dont know, but KBP's sig is starting to creep me out a little.

I just want to know her name already.:hitit:

Austin_Toros
12-25-2008, 05:51 AM
Romain Sato?

LOL
what happened to him?

Austin_Toros
12-25-2008, 05:54 AM
i do not want javtokas
period.

timaios
12-25-2008, 07:36 AM
I just want to know her name already.:hitit:

Christina Model

Kill_Bill_Pana
12-25-2008, 01:29 PM
LOL
what happened to him?

He plays as starter in the premiere Italian league club Montespachi.

Kill_Bill_Pana
01-06-2009, 03:31 PM
Javtokas have another great game in Eurocup. For season player rankings of Dynamo Moscow is

Boki Nachbar - 18.2
Robertas Javtokas - 17.6
Travis Hansen - 15.4
Jannero Pargo - 10.3
Hollis Price - 9.8
Darjus Lavrinovic - 6.6

And remember Javtokas make impact on defense end by be big body in lane that can keep players from goal which is impact Nachbar do not have. If he keep up such play he has chance for another MVP in the second level of Europe.

BOHOLANO#21
01-07-2009, 03:39 PM
Javtokas have another great game in Eurocup. For season player rankings of Dynamo Moscow is

Boki Nachbar - 18.2
Robertas Javtokas - 17.6
Travis Hansen - 15.4
Jannero Pargo - 10.3
Hollis Price - 9.8
Darjus Lavrinovic - 6.6

And remember Javtokas make impact on defense end by be big body in lane that can keep players from goal which is impact Nachbar do not have. If he keep up such play he has chance for another MVP in the second level of Europe.
i hope the SPURS will give JAV a shot maybe next season. i have watched him play few times lately thru the russian channel in my dishnetwork tv.. he is a more athletic and taller version of oberto. he block shots and move his feet well in defense. just my two cents.

Brazil
01-07-2009, 03:54 PM
A new Vlade Divac ?

SenorSpur
01-07-2009, 03:57 PM
i hope the SPURS will give JAV a shot maybe next season. i have watched him play few times lately thru the russian channel in my dishnetwork tv.. he is a more athletic and taller version of oberto. he block shots and move his feet well in defense. just my two cents.

Folks, give it up! This dude aint coming here. If there was any hope of him coming before now, the wretched domestic economic situation has all but made it impossible. With the cash he's making now versus the salary limitations, there's no way he plays for the Spurs.

Need a more recent example? Tiago Splitter.

Time to give up the dream, everyone.

EricB
01-07-2009, 04:03 PM
Except the difference between the dollar and Euro isn't as extreme as it was.

Also Senor, Javotkas was a second round pick, not locked into a "gauranteed" salary like Splitter a first round pick.

SenorSpur
01-07-2009, 04:08 PM
Except the difference between the dollar and Euro isn't as extreme as it was.

Also Senor, Javotkas was a second round pick, not locked into a "gauranteed" salary like Splitter a first round pick.

Point taken, Eric. And a good one, at that.

I don't know how much Javo is making, but I'm pretty certain that the Spurs do not have the available cash needed to lure him away. Especially considering how they're trying to prepare for the big free agent summer of 2010.

I believe if his dream was to play in the NBA, he would've come over by now.

EricB
01-07-2009, 04:19 PM
He had a chance to come over but he was "insulted" he had to compete for a position on the team with francisco elson.

SenorSpur
01-07-2009, 04:52 PM
He had a chance to come over but he was "insulted" he had to compete for a position on the team with francisco elson.

Can't blame him for being insulted, but the competition for that spot wouldn't have lasted long.

BOHOLANO#21
01-07-2009, 05:02 PM
i still think the SPURS still have him as an option once oberto's contract is over. JAV is only 28 i think.:(

Kill_Bill_Pana
01-07-2009, 05:27 PM
Point taken, Eric. And a good one, at that.

I don't know how much Javo is making, but I'm pretty certain that the Spurs do not have the available cash needed to lure him away. Especially considering how they're trying to prepare for the big free agent summer of 2010.

I believe if his dream was to play in the NBA, he would've come over by now.

He is make same as 1.5 million euros but he get paid in dollars because he plays in Russian club. So at moment is like $2 million US dollars. But also remember this is net salary and club pay all taxes and agent fees. So really he is make what in NBA is like about $4 million.

tp2021
04-14-2009, 05:15 PM
updates?

Solid D
04-14-2009, 05:22 PM
With the current CBA, I don't see how the NBA teams can compete with European teams for quality players. Any of the Russian teams look like sugar daddies.

I've given up on the idea of the Spurs bringing over any draft-rights assets playing in Europe outside of James Gist.

EricB
04-14-2009, 05:32 PM
With the current CBA, I don't see how the NBA teams can compete with European teams for quality players. Any of the Russian teams look like sugar daddies.

I've given up on the idea of the Spurs bringing over any draft-rights assets playing in Europe outside of James Gist.

Alot of those teams were having financial difficulty though I thought?

Thats how Kristic got released is it not?

BackHome
04-14-2009, 05:41 PM
No matter what I don't think we will be able to find any decent bigs in this years draft. So do you try and trade for Darko, Kwame, or Marcus Camby or do you try to bring this kidd in?

I am so tired of seeing a 6'9 player trying to play center it just drives me crazy. Look we are never going to have a David Robinson but I just want a slightly taller Malik Rose and I would be one happy camper...Ok..a taller Malik with better hands....Is that to much to ask for?

At this point who would be better Darko or Javtokas? I keep forgeting that Darko is only what..23 years old and he is a legit 7'0 footer but I wonder what everyone else thinks?

As far as the money is concerned the banks in Europe are going to start to crumble. You are allready seeing real problems in Russia that will have a huge effect in Europe......Hell Germany banks are pretty much worthless right now....So I don't think we will have that issue that Europe is way better then U.S.

ploto
04-14-2009, 05:55 PM

No matter how many times you repeat it, it does not make it true.

Solid D
04-14-2009, 06:03 PM

I'm afraid I've been a bit too involved in my work to see how much the financial crisis has affected the Russian teams the past 3-4 months, but you may be correct on Nenad's situation.

Perhaps there will be leveling but the US economy and the NBA financial situation isn't going to improve any time soon. Prior to the November timeframe, the Russian teams had cash.

BackHome
04-14-2009, 07:21 PM
Hope this helps:

government minister said Russia's economy (http://www.pr-inside.com/russian-economy-shrinks-7-percent-in-r1160004.htm#) shrank by 7 percent in the first quarter, a news agency reported Thursday, marking a staggering downturn after eight years of oil-fueled growth.
«These figures are worse than we expected,» Deputy Economic Minister Andrei Klepach was quoted as saying by ITAR-Tass during a conference in Kiev, Ukraine. He was citing preliminary figures.
Investors fled Russia in recent months as the economy headed toward its most severe downturn since the 1998 financial (http://www.pr-inside.com/russian-economy-shrinks-7-percent-in-r1160004.htm#) collapse, when the government defaulted on its sovereign debt (http://www.pr-inside.com/russian-economy-shrinks-7-percent-in-r1160004.htm#) and millions of Russian saw their savings wiped out overnight.

Kill_Bill_Pana
04-14-2009, 07:21 PM

US media makes this confusing for Americans. For big Russian clubs "financial difficulty" means a owner wants a new 100 story office or that a club sponsor or the state of Russia cut some funds.

For NBA team is means losing money. Losing money means nothing for these teams. If they want a player they buy him if they get tired of him the sell his contract or loan him. US media has no understanding of how things work there.

Kill_Bill_Pana
04-14-2009, 07:24 PM
No matter what I don't think we will be able to find any decent bigs in this years draft. So do you try and trade for Darko, Kwame, or Marcus Camby or do you try to bring this kidd in?

I am so tired of seeing a 6'9 player trying to play center it just drives me crazy. Look we are never going to have a David Robinson but I just want a slightly taller Malik Rose and I would be one happy camper...Ok..a taller Malik with better hands....Is that to much to ask for?

At this point who would be better Darko or Javtokas? I keep forgeting that Darko is only what..23 years old and he is a legit 7'0 footer but I wonder what everyone else thinks?

As far as the money is concerned the banks in Europe are going to start to crumble. You are allready seeing real problems in Russia that will have a huge effect in Europe......Hell Germany banks are pretty much worthless right now....So I don't think we will have that issue that Europe is way better then U.S.

Last word I hear is Javtokas plans on NBA this summer. So if Spurs will not bring him then there would be trade.

Bruno
04-14-2009, 07:30 PM
updates?

http://www.eurobasket.com/player.asp?Cntry=RUS&PlayerID=8111

Marcus Bryant
04-14-2009, 07:32 PM
Naturally the Spurs will sign the sucky foreign big since they won't likely be able to deal his rights to score Holt Cat some additional coin.

Indazone
04-14-2009, 07:45 PM
Russian teams and owners are dependent on Russia's wealth which is in turn determined by the price of oil. Oil prices go up, and those Oil Baron's over there will be raking it in.

Kill_Bill_Pana
04-14-2009, 07:45 PM
Naturally the Spurs will sign the sucky foreign big since they won't likely be able to deal his rights to score Holt Cat some additional coin.

He is easy to be traded. Plenty of NBA centers are worse than him.

Kill_Bill_Pana
04-14-2009, 07:46 PM
Russian teams and owners are dependent on Russia's wealth which is in turn determined by the price of oil. Oil prices go up, and those Oil Baron's over there will be raking it in.

I think the big Russian clubs will all cut budgets for next year. But they will still be able to sign any player they want. One of the other clubs will make Euroleague. Either be UNICS, Khimki, or Dynamo. Whichever clubs makes Euroleague next year will for sure try to get some big players.

Ocotillo
04-14-2009, 08:22 PM
Lindsey is working on a trade with the Rockets right now.........

BackHome
04-14-2009, 08:44 PM
They may have the money but do they realy want to sign him? We are not talking about Kobe or Lebron and from what I hear his game is more of an NBA type then European game?

Either way just get somebody please....anybody.......anyone...who can stay healthy................I sure as hell don't want to count on Bonner and Ian next year to be playing center!

smrattler
04-14-2009, 09:10 PM
I gave up on him around the same time I gave up on Scola ever coming here.

Don't think he'll ever even be offered a contract and REALLY don't care.

Brazil
04-14-2009, 09:18 PM

And He will play for his NT all the summers ! :toast

robot89
04-28-2009, 07:12 AM
Anything New on him

portnoy1
04-28-2009, 07:48 AM
Javtokas Is a strong well-built 6'11. He will be 30 next year, but is very athletic and can block shots/ get rebounds and defend post players ( Tim Duncan 2004 Olympics ) and doesn't need any touches. Finally tim could have someone to play behind him when he leaves the paint to go double. paying him $2.5 million per year is fair to me. Maybe 3 if we cant get any other shot blockers or younger more athletic players. For all the spurs fans out there; please understand that the big 3 take $40 of $70 million the spurs have. That leaves options on free agents very limited. And in today's economy Peter Holt doesn't and never has wanted to go over the luxury tax. We as a city are not a big enough market and we also don't know what the future holds when it comes to the Economy. All I'm saying is when it comes to the spurs spending money, and all these free agents and euro's that we want on the team; stop and take a minute to look at things from Mr. Holts standpoint.

Bruno
04-28-2009, 07:51 AM
Javtokas' season has ended in Russia few days ago.
AFAIK, he will be a FA this summer.

timaios
04-28-2009, 09:55 AM
Javtokas is not a great player but he is so tough and so strong !
The Spurs need a player like him next to Duncan.
Not too old, experienced, a beast under the rim in offense and defense.
I hope he will be a Spurs next year.

Kill_Bill_Pana
04-28-2009, 12:18 PM
He is for sure better than Bonner, Thomas, Oberto.

pad300
04-28-2009, 12:24 PM
He is for sure better than Bonner, Thomas, Oberto.

+1 on Bonner and Oberto.

Maybe on Thomas

Maybe also on Gooden (There are reason's why Gooden has been traded and bought out so much. Just look at what he's done in games 3 and 4 against the Mavs)

Also, a lot of the money behind the recent competitiveness of Euro Salaries has dropped away with the financial crisis (which is now worldwide). NBA salaries are going to (at least temporarily, as they are locked in by the CBA) regain their prominence relative to Euro salaries... It might be very possible to get Javtokas over here for something in the vicinity of the LLE.

velik_m
04-28-2009, 12:37 PM
Javtokas' season has ended in Russia few days ago.
AFAIK, he will be a FA this summer.

Dynamo is in huge financial troubles (Russia was hit pretty hard with this recession), the players haven't receive pay in 4 months. Boki might be FA this summer too.

eisfeld
04-28-2009, 12:43 PM
Dynamo is in huge financial troubles (Russia was hit pretty hard with this recession), the players haven't receive pay in 4 months. Boki might be FA this summer too.

KBP bashing you for saying that European Clubs don't pay their players in
3... 2... 1...

TheProfessor
04-28-2009, 12:59 PM
Is lies!

bigdog
04-28-2009, 01:10 PM
Bring him over, RC. I can tell you right now he's better than Oberto and Bonner, and we could use him down low.

objective
04-28-2009, 01:14 PM
Lindsey is working on a trade with the Rockets right now.........

wouldn't surprise me, Rockets need a Mutombo replacement now. Shotblocking rebounder with no offensive skills . . . the perfect fit.

biziofromdowntown
04-28-2009, 01:44 PM
Robertas isn't the player we drafted years ago, after his bike crash he will never be the same player again. IMO Mahinmi > Javtokas
No jumpshot, no high post.

by the way, Robertas > Oberto+Bonner