PDA

View Full Version : Suns Impressed in Mike Bud Interview

Mr.Bottomtooth
06-07-2008, 12:10 PM
Suns Expect Coaching Hire Next Week
Jun 07, 2008 11:28 AM EST

The Suns still expect to have a new coach in place by the end of next week, according to The Arizona Republic.

Phoenix executives will attend a multiple-team draft workout in Oakland that starts Friday, so the Suns would like to have a coach in place by then.

"It's been a really positive process," Suns Senior Vice President of Basketball Operations David Griffin said. "We've had incredibly good candidates come to the floor. Hopefully we can filter through it this weekend and early next week and make a solid decision.

"We've kind of zeroed in on our group. . . . I think we feel good about Terry, Elston and Ty. They have all been tremendous. (San Antonio lead assistant) Mike Budenholzer, frankly, threw us for a loop (in a Tuesday interview). He was impressive."

http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/52885/20080607/suns_expect_coaching_hire_next_week/

oligarchy
06-07-2008, 01:20 PM
See ya Mike.

kobyz
06-07-2008, 01:38 PM
bring Spahia instead!!!

Ocotillo
06-07-2008, 01:39 PM
Bud has flown under the radar all these years here. He's been the congenial guy that does the interviews for the pre-game or post-game shows. In that respect, he reminds me of Pop.

When Pop was an assistant to Larry Brown he was the loveable assistant that would clown around with Sean Elliott. Once he became a GM and a head coach, he was all business. I wonder if Bud will be that way?

mikeanthony21
06-07-2008, 01:53 PM
Mike Bud's as good as gone!

picnroll
06-07-2008, 01:58 PM
Radio said Porter's been named the Suns' coach.

Mr.Bottomtooth
06-07-2008, 02:05 PM
Radio said Porter's been named the Suns' coach.

Nailed it.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3431024

Mr.Bottomtooth
06-07-2008, 02:06 PM
Sources: Porter to become Suns' next head coach
ESPN.com news services
Updated: June 7, 2008, 3:04 PM ET

Multiple sources told ESPN's Stephen A. Smith that Terry Porter is the new coach of the Phoenix Suns.

Suns general manager Steve Kerr called Porter on Saturday morning to offer him the job, and Porter accepted.

Porter is a former head coach of the Milwaukee Bucks and was an assistant coach for the Detroit Pistons this season.

Porter was interviewed twice, most recently on Monday.

The Suns had been searching for a head coach since Mike D'Antoni resigned to lead the New York Knicks. Other candidates included Houston Rockets assistant Elston Turner and former NBA player and TV analyst Mark Jackson.

Porter was Flip Saunders' lead assistant in Detroit the past two seasons. He led the Milwaukee Bucks' from 2003 to 2005, helping them win 41 games and earn a spot in the 2004 playoffs.

His coaching career started as a Sacramento Kings assistant in 2002.

exstatic
06-07-2008, 02:12 PM
Good for TP. I always thought he got a raw deal from the Bucks.

oligarchy
06-07-2008, 02:16 PM
I guess it's good to be wrong.