06-07-2008, 03:08 PM
http://www.nba.com/media/playerfile/luc_richard_mbah_a_moute.jpg

Full Name: Luc Richard Mbah a Moute
Position: Forward
Height/Weight: 6-8 / 230
Birthdate: September 9, 1986
High School: Monteverde Academy
College: UCLA

NBA (http://www.nba.com/draft2008/profiles/LucMbah%20a%20Moute.html)
NBADraft.net (http://www.nbadraft.net/admincp/profiles/l.r.mbahamoute.html)
DraftExpress (http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Luc-Richard-Mbah-A-Moute-1016/)

Mr.Bottomtooth
06-07-2008, 03:09 PM
NBADraft.net's NBA Comparison: Ime Udoka.

Eh, maybe if he's still around at 45 he will be considered, but I doubt he'll have a successful pro career.

Mr. Body
06-07-2008, 03:32 PM
More like a 57 pick at this point.

manufor3
06-07-2008, 05:07 PM
i like him

AFBlue
06-07-2008, 05:13 PM
Big hype after freshman campaign, but he didn't go anywhere in the following two seasons.

Maybe he gets to this level and puts it all together...but I highly doubt it.

Blackjack
06-08-2008, 12:48 AM
With the way his stock has fallen, he could turn out to be a nice 2nd rd. pick.

He's got great size, he's a good versatile defender, pretty good rebounder, and would be a nice option to have at the small-ball 4

I think people are getting a little too caught up in what he can't do, or are a little too down on him for the expectation that he'd be a star.

If he ends up a Spur, he'll be given a roll and some structure that could really benefit his offensive game. Knowing where his shots/spots are going to be in the offense, will allow him the structure to develop.

UCLA never gave him a real defined roll on the offensive end, which in turn, led to alot of turn-overs(one of the knocks on him.) Take that indecision away. Have him concentrate on 3 or 4 shots inside the offense. Let him find his spots playing off Tim, Tony, and Manu. Maybe he won't be a star, but if you can find a pretty damn good role-player in the 2nd. rd..... The Spurs could do a whole hell of alot worse.

Mr. Body
06-08-2008, 12:49 AM
I seriously doubt anybody drafts him. Summer camp, preseason invite.

Blackjack
06-08-2008, 01:00 AM
I seriously doubt anybody drafts him. Summer camp, preseason invite.

This dude would have gone in the lottery a couple of years ago, so if he's not drafted I'd be pretty suprised.

If the kid goes undrafted, it's a no-brainer to give him a preseason invite.

Mr. Body
06-08-2008, 01:06 AM
I don't see him anywhere in mocks or draft conversations. That may not mean anything, but he's nothing special by all appearances. He showed promise a couple years ago, as you say, but has disappeared and not gotten better.

Blackjack
06-08-2008, 01:46 AM
I don't see him anywhere in mocks or draft conversations. That may not mean anything, but he's nothing special by all appearances. He showed promise a couple years ago, as you say, but has disappeared and not gotten better.

The buzz is off because of the realization that he's not going to be a star.
I don't neccessarily disagree with you though. I don't think he's anything too special, but I think his development (or lack there of) had alot to do with the way he was utilized at UCLA.

Give him a role like Bowen on offense to start off with, and see how it goes. Just look at him as a versatile defender/role-player, and if he turns out to be anything more it's a bonus. Aint nothing wrong with finding a rotation player in the 2nd. rd., or as a free-agent invitee .

baseline bum
06-08-2008, 11:49 AM
Having watched most of his games, Luc is already good enough to be an elite defensive player in the NBA. He's one of the best I've ever seen at defending an inbounds pass, and his wingspan is huge. That being said, he will be the worst offensive player on any team's 15 man roster should he be drafted. Mbah a Moute seriously cannot hit a shot from more than 3 feet away. I'd believe Chip Engelland was Jesus if he could give Luc a jump shot.

AFBlue
06-08-2008, 11:54 AM
Defensive projects with zero offensive skill still have a place on the Spurs...I say the Spurs go out and grab him with the late second rounder if he's still available.

Mr. Body
06-16-2008, 05:32 PM
SI reporting (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/basketball/ncaa/06/16/mbahamoute/index.html) that Mbah a Moute is staying in the draft, although is not likely to be selected anywhere. Definitely worth a summer camp/training camp invite, along with Marcus Dove.

TheProfessor
06-16-2008, 05:36 PM
SI reporting (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/basketball/ncaa/06/16/mbahamoute/index.html) that Mbah a Moute is staying in the draft, although is not likely to be selected anywhere. Definitely worth a summer camp/training camp invite, along with Marcus Dove.
I actually consider him well worth drafting in the late second, depending on who's available, and especially if the Spurs use the 45th pick on an international player.

SPURSGOAT
06-16-2008, 05:52 PM

:lmao

spurscenter
06-16-2008, 06:19 PM

Eh, maybe if he's still around at 45 he will be considered, but I doubt he'll have a successful pro career.

no way

he is like Francico Elson

pass

wisnub
06-16-2008, 08:42 PM
i like him....i watch many of his game in campus (UCLA). He got energy, hustle for rebound and defend well. I have faith that 2009 will be Ian year (we wait for too long)
For second round he's a solid draft. I just pray Spurs will got lucky on first round and got a good player..maybe Chalmers.

AFBlue
06-16-2008, 11:12 PM
If the Spurs don't snag a wing player in the first, I think Mbah a Moute should get a look at #45, and if he's still on the board at #57 it's a no brainer to pick him up.

He's still relatively new to the game (potential), is already a solid defensive player with ability to improve, and has the kind of athleticism/size that the Spurs covet for a wing player.

SenorSpur
06-17-2008, 09:44 AM
A definite future D-League and Chip Engelland project. Mid to late 2nd round, if available

baseline bum
06-17-2008, 09:53 AM
He is in no way comparable to Udoka. Think more like Tayshaun Prince on D and a poor man's Jacque Vaughn on offense.

Mr. Body
06-17-2008, 10:23 AM
He seems to rebound very well. No outside shot.

Mr.Bottomtooth
06-17-2008, 10:37 AM
poor man's Jacque Vaughn on offense.

:lol