PDA

View Full Version : Beno na ALL STAR (Velika Čast)

SLOVENIAN 8
01-29-2005, 08:49 AM
http://slike.stamcar.com/pics/beno547.jpg

Solid D
01-29-2005, 08:54 AM
Oh no, another way to pronounce Beno's name!

"Bena Udriha"

Actually, the if the last name were spelled that way here in the USA (Udriha), maybe the announcers would pronounce Beno's name more closely to what it really is.

SLOVENIAN 8
01-29-2005, 09:01 AM
Oh no, another way to pronounce Beno's name!

"Bena Udriha"

Actually, the if the last name were spelled that way here in the USA (Udriha), maybe the announcers would pronounce Beno's name more closely to what it really is.

Velika čast za Bena Uriha -->That means: Great honor for Beno Udrih.
You dont anderstand becouse Slovenian language is much different than english

I dont know how to explain that to you

Solid D
01-29-2005, 09:09 AM
True, very different. I'll take your word for it, SLOVENIAN 8. Thanks for the interpretation.

Slomo
01-29-2005, 10:22 AM
The ending of nouns changes with the context in which the noun was used (similar to possessive nouns) in the Slovenian language, so depending on the context you could see Bena Udriha, Benu Udrihu... (there is 7 different forms) it's one of the most confusing aspects of our language - beside the fact that we end the words differently for plural, singular and dual (when talking about two persons/things).

SLOVENIAN 8
01-29-2005, 10:24 AM
The ending of nouns changes with the context in which the noun was used (similar to possessive nouns) in the Slovenian language, so depending on the context you could see Bena Udriha, Benu Udrihu... (there is 7 different forms) it's one of the most confusing aspects of our language - beside the fact that we end the words differently for plural, singular and dual (when talking about two persons/things).

Yes, I am not so good in English to explain that.

usckk
01-29-2005, 10:41 AM
I would of never known that you we not an American by your writing. It's funny because some people here are actually Americans but they cannot write worth crap. HAHA. :)

Johnny_Blaze_47
01-29-2005, 10:42 AM
I would of never known that you we not an American by your writing. It's funny because some people here are actually Americans but they cannot write worth crap. HAHA. :)

Are you guys calling Ducks Slovenian?

usckk
01-29-2005, 10:44 AM
Haha.

Slomo
01-29-2005, 10:56 AM
Great honor for Beno Udrih
Beno at the All-Stars

In the 2004 draft he was chosen as pick no. 28 by the SA Spurs. Despite being quite young he performed very well during the summer’s basketball camps which led to him being drafted in the first round. Beno Udrih has surprised us once again. Nobody really expected him to be such a hit and that he will, after playing for Polzela, Olimpija Ljubljana, Maccabi, Avtodoroznik and Olimpia Milan, perform in this year's rookie team during the NBA’s All-Stars weekend that will take place in Denver from the 18th to the 20th of February.

He was born on July 5th 1982 in Celje and started playing basketball at age 9. The selection for the all star rookie team involves coach assistants from all the NBA teams casting their vote. The Slovenian rookie being voted to the team is proof that he has managed to convince the experts of his abilities.

In last year's game the Sophomores (second year players) won over the Rookies 142:118, Amare Stoudemire from the Phoenix Suns was elected MVP of that game. Beside Beno Udrih (SA Spurs) this year’s rookie team will be composed of Tony Allen (Boston Celtics), Dwight Howard (Orlando Magic), Luol Deng and Ben Gordon (Chicago Bulls), Devin Harris (Dallas Mavericks), Emeka Okafor (Charlotte Bobcats), Andre Iguodala (Philadelphia 76'ers), and Josh Smith (Atlanta Hawks). The Sophomore team roster will be: Le Bron James (Cleveland Cavaliers), Carmelo Anthony (Denver Nuggets), Chris Bosh (Toronto Raptors), Udonis Haslem (Miami Heat), Kirk Hindrich (Chicago Bulls), Josh Howard (Dallas Mavericks), Kyle Korver (Philadelphia 76'ers), Luke Ridnour (Seattle sUPERSONICS) and Dwayne Wade (Miami Heat). Votes for the "real" All-Stars can be casted until February 3rd.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

SLO8 which newspaper is the article from?

SLOVENIAN 8
01-29-2005, 12:13 PM
Slomo the :king :king :smokin

Slomo
01-29-2005, 12:43 PM
Thx Slo8.

Which paper is the article from?

SLOVENIAN 8
01-29-2005, 12:50 PM
Thx Slo8.

Which paper is the article from?

EKIPA

SLOVENIAN 8
01-29-2005, 01:37 PM
Right now Olimpija Ljubljana beat Cibona after 3OT`s . Great game!!! :smokin :smokin :elephant

Box Score:http://goodyear.adriaticbasket.com/stats.php?gameid=160

boutons
01-29-2005, 01:39 PM
wow, only 3 TurnOvers?

Those Europeans really have mastered ball-handling fundamentals! :)

HIP HOOPERS
01-29-2005, 01:41 PM
I don't get it... It's written that each team in the NBA had only one vote... Let's say that everybody votes for Okafor-who would pick the rest of the team then? 'Cos i was told that Beno got 27 votes... I guess each team has one vote for each position or something like that..?!?

HIP HOOPERS
01-29-2005, 01:42 PM
wow, only 3 TurnOvers?

He ment OT (over time)...

SLOVENIAN 8
01-29-2005, 01:43 PM
wow, only 3 TurnOvers?

:lmao :lmao I mean OT!!!

Kori Ellis
01-29-2005, 04:06 PM
I don't get it... It's written that each team in the NBA had only one vote... Let's say that everybody votes for Okafor-who would pick the rest of the team then? 'Cos i was told that Beno got 27 votes... I guess each team has one vote for each position or something like that..?!?

I understand that the assistant coaches from each team get together and pick the starting five, plus four reserves that should go. Each team submits one ballot. The coaches cannot pick their own players. So, if Beno got 27 votes, that means all but two teams picked him. Because the Spurs couldn't vote for him.