PDA

View Full Version : Complete statements from Kobe and Vanessa Bryant

Truthsayer
07-18-2003, 06:39 PM
Friday, July 18
Statements from Kobe Bryant, Vanessa Bryant
ESPN.com news services

The complete statements released on the behalf of Kobe Bryant and his wife, Vanessa Bryant, through their attorneys, Harold A. Haddon and Pamela Robillard Mackey:

Statement from Kobe Bryant:
"I am innocent of the charges filed today. I did not assault the woman who is accusing me.

"I made the mistake of adultery. I have to answer to my wife and my God for my actions that night and I pray that both will forgive me.

"Nothing that happened June 30th was against the will of the woman who now falsely accuses me.

"These false allegations have hurt my family. I will fight against these allegations with all my strength. My wife is the strongest person I know. She is willing to stand by me despite my mistake. That means everything to me.

"I have so much to live for. And by that I do not mean the contracts, or the money, or the fame. I mean my family. I will fight for them.

"I appreciate all those who have supported me. Thank you for believing in me. My family and I are going to need your support and prayers now more than ever."

Statement from Vanessa Bryant:
"I know that my husband has made a mistake -- the mistake of adultery. He and I will have to deal with that within our marriage, and we will do so. He is not a criminal.

"I know that he did not commit a crime, he did not assault anyone. He is a loving and kind husband and father. I believe in his innocence.

"Because I know him to be innocent, I will stand by him and we will face this together. I will give him all the strength and support he needs to face these false accusations. I will not let him face these accusations alone.

"I know Kobe better than anyone. The great person you see on the court and in the public is a far greater person off the court."

T Park Num 9
07-18-2003, 06:42 PM
Yeah
hes such a loving and kind father and husband that he forced a 19 year old to put out.

Delusional.

MadeFromDust
07-18-2003, 07:10 PM
Copy of the Charges (http://www.thesmokinggun.com/doc_o_day/doc_o_day.html)

MadeFromDust
07-18-2003, 07:42 PM
HoopsWorld's Take on the Statements (http://www.hoopsworld.com/article_4570.shtml)

Edit: Just in case they delete it:

Kobe Admits
By James Buell
for HOOPSWORLD.com
Jul 18, 2003, 18:32 Email this article
Printer friendly page

Kobe Bryant is in a lot of trouble. He was charged with sexual assault today and immediately issued a statement. Here’s a breakdown of what he said and what he really means.

Statement from Kobe Bryant:
I am innocent of the charges filed today. I did not assault the woman who is accusing me. I made the mistake of adultery. I have to answer to my wife and my God for my actions that night and I pray that both will forgive me.
Look, I banged the girl. Shoot me. I bang lots of girls. I’m the new Wilt Chamberlain. And my wife knows what’s up. She’s not stupid and she ain’t gonna say nothing as long as I keep lining her pocketbook.

Nothing that happened June 30th was against the will of the woman who now falsely accuses me.
I’m Kobe Bryant. You’re telling me she didn’t want this? She’s talking about bruises and all that crap. I’m a 6’6” black guy – what did she expect?

These false allegations have hurt my family. I will fight against these allegations with all my strength. My wife is the strongest person I know. She is willing to stand by me despite my mistake. That means everything to me.
My wife’s trippin’. It’s bad enough that I was sleeping around, but this chick was barely out of high school. She’ll get over it though and if she doesn’t, I’ll just strip her out of her clothes, throw her out of the house naked and then hunt her down with a gun later that night. Oh wait, that’s been done.

I have so much to live for. And by that I do not mean the contracts, or the money, or the fame. I mean my family. I will fight for them.
If I get locked up now, I won’t get anymore play. I mean, I’ll get play, but I don’t go that way. I ain’t no Christian Laettner.
I appreciate all those who have supported me. Thank you for believing in me. My family and I are going to need your support and prayers now more than ever.
Yo, you know what’s up. Who can sleep with the same woman for the rest of their life? I’m 24 years old man. She got all fat after the baby anyways. I don’t do fat chicks. I mean, come on. Peace.

Aggie Hoopsfan
07-18-2003, 07:48 PM
translation:

Vanessa: "he's worth a helluva lot, and I'm going to suck it out of him, THEN leave him."

adidas11
07-18-2003, 08:38 PM
:rollin