PDA

View Full Version : NO overcomes 0.4 Fisher like play, wins, but

Rummpd
01-29-2005, 10:25 AM
But if Spurs lose to these clowns I am going to regurgitate at the very least. Final score should be 110-92 at worst, but please Spurs do not play down to the competition.

As an aside = AS A PAINFUL MEMORY = THESES REF REVIEWED A FULL 2+ MINUTES IN A REGULAR SEASON GAME! TO DECIDE CALL ON A FISHER LIKE 0.4 SEC CALL (Korver did not spin but pumped a little before shot) THAT LOOKED MORE LIKE THE RIGHT CALL THAN IN THAT OLD DEBACLE WHERE THEY LOOKED FOR JUST A FEW SECONDS).

That being said:

Last night's ticker on a thrilling game in the NBA (despite AI out and BD out) that shows on any given night:

NEW ORLEANS, Jan. 28 (Ticker) -- Foiled by Kyle Korver in regulation, Casey Jacobsen got even in overtime.

Jacobsen drilled a 3-pointer over Korver with 1:01 remaining to lift the New Orleans Hornets to a 99-95 victory over the Philadelphia 76ers.

The league-worst Hornets squandered a six-point lead in the final 2:20 of the fourth quarter. A tough jumper by Willie Green with 19 seconds left gave the 76ers an 84-82 lead, their first since 2-0.

On the next possession, Dan Dickau penetrated and passed to the right corner to Jacobsen, who buried a 3-pointer to give New Orleans the lead with 5.7 seconds to go. Green missed a jumper and the 76ers fouled Lee Nailon, who made both shots to give the Hornets an 87-84 lead with 0.4 seconds to play.

By NBA rules, that is enough time for a player to catch a pass and shoot, which was exactly what Korver did. He curled around several screens in the lane, raced to right corner, took the inbounds pass and fired in the tying 3-pointer at the horn.

Referees reviewed replay for two minutes before determining that Korver released the shot in time.

"Initially I thought it was good," said Korver, who leads the NBA in 3-pointers with 119. "But everyone looked at the replay for so long. The ref was shaking his head for a while, so I started to have a little doubt."

Given a reprieve, the Sixers did not take advantage. Nailon and rookie Andre Iguodala traded baskets before a pair of jumpers by P.J. Brown gave the Hornets the lead for good at 93-89 with 2:06 left.

Just over a minute later, Jacobsen stuck in the dagger with his 3-pointer over Korver. Those were his only two baskets of the game and his first 3-pointers for the Hornets since being acquired from Phoenix one week ago.

"I'm still trying to figure out how I'm going to get my shot," Jacobsen said. "I'm not there yet. I'm know I'm a good shooter. I hadn't gotten very many good looks in the previous couple of games. I wasn't thinking the world's coming to an end or I'm a bad shooter. Toward the end of the game I got really good open looks, and they went down."

"You go from extreme highs to extreme lows pretty quick," Korver said. "We thought we had the momentum. We didn't carry it over into overtime. They came out and made that first shot and we never really got anything going. They hit a couple of big shots."

Brown collected a season-high 20 points and 10 rebounds and Dickau added 19 and a career-high 16 assists for the Hornets (8-34), who have won five of their last six home games.

Corliss Williamson scored 20 points, Green added 18 and Korver 16 for the Sixers (19-23), who have dropped two in a row without injured superstar Allen Iverson. The NBA's leading scorer again sat out with a strained left shoulder.

"We're trying to prove we can compete and play together and win games without Allen," Green said. "Sometimes he's going to be banged up, and we've got to hold the fort down until he gets back."

In the second quarter, Philadelphia also lost forward Kenny Thomas, who took a shot in the nose and did not return. New Orleans again played without All-Star guard Baron Davis, who missed his sixth straight game and went on the injured list with a bruised Achilles tendon.

The Hornets used a 12-0 run late in the first quarter to open a 31-17 lead. They held a 54-43 advantage at intermission, but the Sixers opened the third quarter with a 10-0 burst capped by Korver's 3-pointer.

Philadelphia was within 77-76 after a free throw by Iguodala with 3:32 to go. Dickau found Chris Andersen for a layup and rookie J.R. Smith for a 3-pointer to make it 82-76 with 2:40 left.

Smith scored 15 points for the Hornets, who shot a season-high 50 percent (38-of-76) from the floor but surrendered 28 points on 23 turnovers.

"We were thinking we didn't win in regulation, but so what? Let's go out and win it in overtime," said Dickau, who ia averaging 19.7 points and 7.8 assists during Davis' most recent absence. "This is basketball. This is fun. Overtime games are fun. You might be tired, but they're just as tired as we are."

SLOVENIAN 8
01-29-2005, 10:27 AM
Nachbar will miss al his shots :lol :lol and Spurs will win!!