PDA

View Full Version : Bynum: "Nobody will stop us next year. We will chase bulls 72 win record"

Lake_show
06-07-2008, 09:47 PM
"It's definitely going to be special," he said. "It'll be my first time playing with Pau [Gasol]. I think once we get that combination going, I can't see anybody stopping us. I think we're going to try and chase the Bulls' record."

http://www.latimes.com/sports/printedition/la-sp-lakersfyi6-2008jun06,0,7904789.story

Mister Sinister
06-07-2008, 09:48 PM
:lmao

ducks
06-07-2008, 09:50 PM
and a first round sweep
lakers are not that deep
they will be dead tired if they do that

Lake_show
06-07-2008, 09:51 PM
He's a smart young man...

ChumpDumper
06-07-2008, 09:53 PM
2004 forum.

JamStone
...with a great imagination...

ducks
yeah
he is not proven healthy and he has no chemistry with pau

also there is still only one ball in la
and kobe will want his

Gino
06-07-2008, 09:54 PM
What do you expect? At least the kid has confidence.

baseline bum
06-07-2008, 09:54 PM
2004 forum.

:lol

ducks
06-07-2008, 09:55 PM
it is going to take the lakers atleast tell allstar break to get that combo going

also it is not proven they are going to sign everyone in la

ducks
06-07-2008, 09:55 PM
What do you expect? At least the kid has confidence.

the west is alot tougher then what the bulls did

Lake_show
06-07-2008, 09:57 PM
it is going to take the lakers atleast tell allstar break to get that combo going

also it is not proven they are going to sign everyone in la

Who aren't we going to sign?

Fisher-Kobe-Lamar-Gasol-Bynum

Now we have Radman coming off the bench.

The league better be scared.

lefty
06-07-2008, 10:02 PM

:rollin

JamStone
06-07-2008, 10:05 PM

That's a lot of talent, but I think if the Lakers are smart, they keep Andrew Bynum coming off the bench and stay with Odom at PF and Gasol at center. Odom's greatest advantage at power forward is his ability to take other power forwards off the dribble with his quickness and ball handling abilities. While there will be a lot of small forwards Odom can post up, that's not his strength plus he will have to defend the perimeter more. Gasol fits better at center as well for the triangle.

Bynum off the bench is the way they should go.

MaNuMaNiAc
06-07-2008, 10:10 PM

This thread aside, I don't think anybody can accuse Bynum of being a smart young man :lol

ducks
06-07-2008, 10:32 PM
Andrew Bynum coming off the bench and stay with Odom at PF and Gasol at center.

will he be happy with that or pull a kobe and want out
he wants to prove to the world he is all that

exstatic
06-07-2008, 10:58 PM
I think people don't realize what it would take to best the record of 72. You can only lose nine games all season. That's like 1.5 per month. Ridiculous.

T Park
06-07-2008, 11:04 PM
This is all assuming Bynum can stay healthy.

Dudes had knee problems for 4 or so years.

Lakers counting their chickens before their hatched.

KidCongo
06-07-2008, 11:31 PM
LeBron has more chance of leading a team to a 72-10 record then Kobe.

exstatic
06-07-2008, 11:39 PM

Another team, maybe, but not the Cavs.

JamStone
06-07-2008, 11:47 PM

Wrong.

lefty
06-07-2008, 11:50 PM

Only if Cavs play Pistons 72 times during the regular season

td4mvp21
06-07-2008, 11:53 PM
They'll be good but they won't win over 64, no team in the West will. It's too fucking competitive.

JamStone
06-07-2008, 11:57 PM
Only if Cavs play Pistons 72 times during the regular season

Good one even though the Cavs didn't play well against the Pistons in the regular season last season.

1Parker1
06-07-2008, 11:59 PM

He would have been smarter if he had said "we're going to try and shoot for a back to back trip to the finals" or "a championship ring" WTF cares about winning 72 games in the regular season?

ducks
06-08-2008, 12:00 AM
maybe if the lakers were in the east and play the cavs 64 games

pawe
06-08-2008, 12:38 AM
Lakers will lose 2 to SA, 3 to Portland, 1 to Utah, 1 to PHX and 4-5 games to scrub teams next year..and that's just only from the WC.

Lake_show
06-08-2008, 12:45 AM
If only we could play the Spurs 72 games. Imagine the WCF + Bynum.

tlongII
06-08-2008, 01:53 AM
Bynum is Greg Oden's bitch. We gonna whoop your ass!

Borosai
06-08-2008, 02:09 AM
Bynum sounds like a homer fan. Good luck with that.

lefty
06-08-2008, 03:13 AM
If only we could play the Spurs 72 games. Imagine the WCF + Bynum.

:lmao Stop it ! :lmao

Condemned 2 HelLA
06-08-2008, 03:32 AM

Isn't this the same fuckwit who went snowboarding during the '07 All Star Break and fucked himself up so bad he missed the rest of the season?
Yeah.
REALLY scary!!!

Lake_show
06-08-2008, 04:35 AM
Isn't this the same fuckwit who went snowboarding during the '07 All Star Break and fucked himself up so bad he missed the rest of the season?
Yeah.
REALLY scary!!!

At least my team won't be rebuilding in 3 years!! :lol

J.T.
06-08-2008, 04:55 AM
72 wins gives them a first round matchup with the younger and more hungry Blazers team that will see a larger increase in production from adding Oden and Rudy than the Lakers will get from adding Bynum. 2007 Mavs vs Warriors all over again.

Emanuel20
06-08-2008, 06:41 AM
Lol, so the guy has a couple good games and he can say stuff like this. :lmao
This is ridiculous;:bang it shows how immature the youngster really is.
My suggestion is get him back to high school to pass some of his classes. And when he is ready with an improved IQ, bring him back….:wow

Biggems
06-08-2008, 08:48 AM

at least my team has 3 of the last 5 NBA Championships and 4 in 9 years. at least my team has the most wins of any NBA team since 97. at least my team has the best winning % of any team in the NBA, NFL, NHL, or MLB since 1997.

BTW, don't think that for one second the Lakers are shoo-ins to win anything in the next handful of years. Yes they will have the talent, but that does not guarantee success.

The Spurs still have the Big 4. They will get some new blood in this year, if only 2-3 pieces. Then next year, maybe add 1 or 2 more young pieces. Then in 2010, I am sure they will go for one of the top FAs on the market.

Portland looks to be building a solid team out there. If Oden can get healthy, they will be a force most definitely, and they always give the Lakers fits.

Oklahoma City looks like they are starting to build a nice young nucleus. If PJ can get them to play defense, they will be a scary team.

NO has shown they are a formidable opponent for the next few years. A few minor adjustments to that roster and they are set to go after the title.

If Houston can stay healthy, they have some nice players over there. I think they still need some depth on the bench, but health is their biggest opponent.

Utah is building a solid team. They still need a few more players. I will be very upset if they are able to draft Brandon Rush. He would definitely solidify their SG position.

Dallas and PHX are done, IMO. They will be regular season contenders, but once again playoff pretenders. Denver will be Denver and go nowhere near the 2nd round, if they make the playoffs at all.

So please do not think the Lakers have a cake walk over the next 5 years or so. Just like every team in the West, they will be walking on broken glass to get to the Finals.

exstatic
06-08-2008, 09:50 AM

Yes they will. People forget that Kobe has been in the league longer than Duncan. Big men age better than high wire acts. You have no other franchise player.

mytespurs
06-08-2008, 09:56 AM
Uh, shouldn't Bynum be focused on the current series and not next year?

On paper, he may be right in that this team, if he's healthy, looks formidable. And that would be great....if the game were played on paper....but it's not. :)

dbreiden83080
06-08-2008, 10:01 AM
:lmao:lmao

Ice that knee junior and quit smoking so much :hat

exstatic
06-08-2008, 10:03 AM
I hope they go for it. The last two teams (Detroit 64 and Dallas 67) that did had NOTHING left for their playoff run.

Purple & Gold
06-08-2008, 10:32 AM
Bynum speaks the truth. Get used to it spur fans. :wakeup

JamStone
06-08-2008, 10:35 AM
I hope they go for it. The last two teams (Detroit 64 and Dallas 67) that did had NOTHING left for their playoff run.

Actually, one of the last two is in the NBA Finals right now.

wireonfire
06-08-2008, 01:31 PM
Bynum speaks the truth. Get used to it spur fans. :wakeup

The Rockets will stop you! Bynum can't guard Yao. Gasol will have to double.

Condemned 2 HelLA
06-08-2008, 01:35 PM

Assuming Kobe stays in L.A.

Zee Laker
06-08-2008, 01:35 PM
He would have been smarter if he had said "we're going to try and shoot for a back to back trip to the finals" or "a championship ring" WTF cares about winning 72 games in the regular season?

Thats exactly what i thought when i read that. Im guessing he just saying the Lakers will be in great shape for next year and beyond

DazedAndConfused
06-08-2008, 01:58 PM
That was a pretty foolish statement by Bynum. Even though I think LA will be the best team in the league for the next couple of seasons, it's going to take a miracle for them to come close to 72 wins. Not with the WC being as competitive as it is, if they can hit 65 wins I'll be impressed.

I too am interested to see how Pau and Bynum will mesh together. Pau is going to have to drop some weight and get more mobile if he wants to play PF, and Odom is going to have to work on his midrange shot all during the offseason if he wants to stay on this team and play SF. Phil has been historically great at working these kind of things out though, so I'm confident he'll figure it out.

Regardless, having too much talent is a good problem to have. The Lakers will have a lot of versatility next season and can matchup with pretty much any kind of team.

TheMACHINE
06-08-2008, 02:02 PM

lol..you wanted to get flamed didnt you?

21_Blessings
06-08-2008, 03:59 PM
Lakers will lose 2 to SA, .

And then the Lakers will sweep SA in playoffs en route to another repeat (something the Spurs will never accomplish), just like in 2001.

Medvedenko
06-08-2008, 03:59 PM
It will be a nice problem to have next year. We'll have the depth and versatility with a full season of gasol and Bynum. Should be sweet, and of course to reach 72 wins you need a lot of health and luck on your side. Also, it doesn't matter what the record is unless you win the ring.

Avitus1
06-08-2008, 05:58 PM
What the fuck kinda pain killers is this guy on?

Condemned 2 HelLA
06-08-2008, 06:23 PM
"When I asked if I could cum in her face, she said no"

"That's my thing, not always, I mean, so I stopped"

"I said um, give me a blow job, um, and then....kiss it.....she gave me a blow job."

"Whatever I need to do without making this thing become public, I will do man. I don't care what it is man, I will do it"

"I asked if I could cum in her face and she was like no um, I thought she was cool, you know, I stopped. I stopped pumping..."

"I'm nervous right now my hands are shaking"

"She wasn't that attractive"

"I jerked off when she left"

"I should have done what Shaq does. Shaq gives them money or buys them cars, he has already spent one million dollars"

"She didn't bleed, did she?"

I recommend that you extend this response to the 21_Blessings dipshit as well. His nonsense is just as dumb if not dumber than DelusionalAndConvoluted's.

DazedAndConfused
06-08-2008, 06:26 PM
It will be a nice problem to have next year. We'll have the depth and versatility with a full season of gasol and Bynum. Should be sweet, and of course to reach 72 wins you need a lot of health and luck on your side. Also, it doesn't matter what the record is unless you win the ring.

Agreed. 72 wins isn't going to happen in the ultra-competitive WC. Maybe in the Leastern Conference it might be possible.

SRJ
06-08-2008, 06:47 PM
Also, it doesn't matter what the record is unless you win the ring.

I think it matters.

The Washington Bullets went 44-38 the year they won the title. I can think of dozens of non-championship teams in the last fifteen seasons that were better than they were.

Getting hot at the right time can get you the ring, but it doesn't make you great.

Now the other way around, I agree with you. If you put up a great record and don't win it, you really weren't as good as your record showed. A lot of times, those teams won more games than everyone but finished 3rd or 4th in point differential (see 2007 Mavericks, 1995 Spurs). For those teams, the good luck they had in the regular season basically evens out.

exstatic
06-08-2008, 06:54 PM
I think it matters.

The Washington Bullets went 44-38 the year they won the title. I can think of dozens of non-championship teams in the last fifteen seasons that were better than they were.

Getting hot at the right time can get you the ring, but it doesn't make you great.

Now the other way around, I agree with you. If you put up a great record and don't win it, you really weren't as good as your record showed. A lot of times, those teams won more games than everyone but finished 3rd or 4th in point differential (see 2007 Mavericks, 1995 Spurs). For those teams, the good luck they had in the regular season basically evens out.

The Bullets are a terrible example. Actually all teams from the pre Bird/Magic 70s are bad examples. Eighty percent of the players were high on cocaine. The NBA was more of a cocaine league than MLB was a steroid league. People were so disinterested that the Finals were shown tape delayed.

Budkin
06-08-2008, 11:56 PM
:lmao Talk about FAIL.

Slinkyman
06-08-2008, 11:58 PM
So does Bynum not realize that the lakers are in the Finals or maybe he's more concerned with regular season wins then championships.

angelbelow
06-09-2008, 12:35 AM
how do you guys plan on resigning odom and bynum? worry about that.

DazedAndConfused
06-09-2008, 12:39 AM
how do you guys plan on resigning odom and bynum? worry about that.

Odom won't be resigned. He simply isn't a good enough shooter to space the floor properly at the SF spot. You are seeing a prime example of that right now in the Finals. The Celtics sag off of him and Kobe just doesn't have any room to operate.

I wouldn't mind if LA traded Odom for Mike Miller or took a chance on Ron Ron.

Ghazi
06-09-2008, 12:53 AM
ANOTHER gift from the Grizzlies? GosH!

Spurtacus
06-09-2008, 02:20 AM

You Lakers fans are truly amazing.

DazedAndConfused
06-09-2008, 02:21 AM

You Lakers fans are truly amazing.

You laugh now, but the Spurs aren't winning shit if Bynum can come back and contribute what he was before he went down.

Right now the Lakers have an abundance of talent, and that is a good problem to have.

Spurtacus
06-09-2008, 02:29 AM
You laugh now, but the Spurs aren't winning shit if Bynum can come back and contribute what he was before he went down.

Right now the Lakers have an abundance of talent, and that is a good problem to have.

IF IF IF

Good luck resigning all your talent. Bynum is overrated too.

SenorSpur
06-09-2008, 04:05 AM
http://www.latimes.com/sports/printedition/la-sp-lakersfyi6-2008jun06,0,7904789.story

Message to Bynum:
Don't count your chickens....

gaKNOW!blee
06-09-2008, 09:18 AM
haha you Laker fans crack me up. Will you have a good team? obviously yes but damn most of you act like the Lakers are the ONLY team that are getting better and have talent. You realize teams like the Hornets, Spurs, Jazz, and even Blazers are close or even one player away from winning a title. Not to mention in the East if the Cavs ever decide to give Lebron some talent they might start winning.

lebomb
06-09-2008, 12:20 PM
A few reasons why 72 wins will NOT happen Bynum:

1. Spurs
2. Hornets
3. Phoenix
4. Mavericks
5. Rockets
6. Portland
7. Golden State
8. Utah

.................dayum this kid is a dumbass!!!!! :lmao

pawe
06-09-2008, 04:39 PM
Lakers will not manhandle the Spurs next year even with a healthy dumbass Bynum. They just caught the boys in a very hard situation in the playoffs with all the fatigue, schedule and injuries.

21_Blessings
06-09-2008, 05:16 PM
Lakers will not manhandle the Spurs next year even with a healthy dumbass Bynum. They just caught the boys in a very hard situation in the playoffs with all the fatigue, schedule and injuries.

Spurs are fucking done. Accept it.

pawe
06-09-2008, 05:25 PM
unlike you, you sorry piece of unwanted cunt, i accept the reality that my team will not win it everytime, try it sometimes, you might like it.

21_Blessings
06-09-2008, 05:34 PM
unlike you, you sorry piece of unwanted cunt, i accept the reality that my team will not win it everytime, try it sometimes, you might like it.

Yeah you would know about not repeating.

Fact is the Spurs got schooled by an Ariza/Bynumless Lakers squad. You'll get swept next year. After that, it's lottery time for the Spurs!

Done.

The Franchise
06-09-2008, 05:43 PM
:wowThis kid better worry about walking straight before making bold statements like that.

DazedAndConfused
06-09-2008, 05:53 PM
Rocket fan....shut the FUCK up. Didn't I tell your dumbass you weren't allowed to talk shit? Now go in the corner and sit down and STFU you little bitch.

The Franchise
06-09-2008, 06:09 PM
Rocket fan....shut the FUCK up. Didn't I tell your dumbass you weren't allowed to talk shit? Now go in the corner and sit down and STFU you little bitch.

Don't talk to much shit. you will be in the corner with me soon, and i am going to treat you like Jellybean treated that girl in Colorado.:toast

angelbelow
06-09-2008, 06:13 PM
Odom won't be resigned. He simply isn't a good enough shooter to space the floor properly at the SF spot. You are seeing a prime example of that right now in the Finals. The Celtics sag off of him and Kobe just doesn't have any room to operate.

I wouldn't mind if LA traded Odom for Mike Miller or took a chance on Ron Ron.

ron ron wouldnt be the answer to your shooting problems but would make the lakers a very dangerous defensive team, mike miller, would help tremendously as far as stretching the floor better than odom. or maybe have odom come off the bench and start rad.

Banzai
06-09-2008, 06:36 PM
Don't talk to much shit. you will be in the corner with me soon, and i am going to treat you like Jellybean treated that girl in Colorado.:toast

:rollin wtf?

pawe
06-10-2008, 12:42 AM

Do you also want him to slide off of you and jack off afterwards? :lol

21_Blessings
06-10-2008, 12:46 AM
Do you also want him to slide off of you and jack off afterwards? :lol

Stop telling us about the dreams you had last night.

Mister Sinister
06-10-2008, 01:09 AM
Middle school smack threa....no. Take it back. Elementary, my dear Watson.

pawe
06-10-2008, 01:12 AM
Stop telling us about the dreams you had last night.

You hear that? that's the sound of nobody giving a shit to what you think.
Here's an idea, stop butting in to other people's conversations and just figure out which toilet you'd want to drink out of.