06-08-2008, 08:59 PM
http://www.nba.com/media/act_kurt_thomas.jpg

Kurt Thomas | PF/C
Born: Oct 4, 1972
Height: 6-9 / 2,06
Weight: 235 lbs. / 106,6 kg.
College: Texas Christian
Years Pro: 12

Info (http://www.nba.com/playerfile/kurt_thomas/index.html)

2 years, $10 mil sounds about right.

NewJerSpur
06-08-2008, 09:01 PM
Re-sign the man.

MaNu4Tres
06-08-2008, 09:08 PM
2 years 10 million for a guy that can't steal any minutes from Oberto and Horry because of Pop being stubborn?

Oh wait he finally got horry's minutes in game 5 against LA.

Although I understand why pop stuck with Horry, I mean he was money for us all year and he hit a shot or two 3 years ago.

dougp
06-08-2008, 09:21 PM
I want him back - he's very solid for a backup, and can hopefully provide some defensive mentorship to Ian. I think he compliments Tim well in the post, and I'd like to see him get the center backup position and Fabs to snag the PF backup position.

angelbelow
06-08-2008, 09:25 PM
resign kurt for the minimum, that cant hurt.

The Truth #6
06-08-2008, 10:22 PM
2 years with a team option on the second for 7.5 million. I don't know, more than $4million/year seems more than he's worth.

Spurtacus
06-08-2008, 10:23 PM
Re-sign to veteran minimum. He's a very solid backup.

Marcus Bryant
06-08-2008, 10:24 PM
He's not getting the min.

Mr.Bottomtooth
06-08-2008, 10:25 PM
Must re-sign.

1Parker1
06-08-2008, 10:25 PM
I'm sure the Spurs first order of business this offseason is going to re-sign him, especially with Horry close to retiring and no Splitter.

Also, not sure how many teams out there are going to offer him more $$

Mr. Body
06-08-2008, 10:27 PM
Hopefully not for too much, but it's practically a given he's coming back.

AFBlue
06-08-2008, 10:39 PM
Doesn't really matter how much the Spurs re-sign him for because they won't be under the Cap until 2010 anyways....and I can guarantee the deal isn't longer than two years.

I'd say he'd take a deal somewhere between $3-4M/yr.

AFBlue
06-08-2008, 10:40 PM
Hopefully not for too much, but it's practically a given he's coming back.

This is honestly what scares me....we were all so sure that Splitter was coming over too.

I know there will be mutual interest and that it's more likely than not...but I'd hate to say anything is a given at this point.

Man of Steel
06-08-2008, 11:02 PM
Thomas will sign.

We'll make him an offer he can't refuse...

T Park
06-08-2008, 11:04 PM
I think Thomas likes it in SA, and SA likes Thomas.

I see no reason for Kurt Thomas not to be wearing the black and silver 40 next year.

lefty
06-08-2008, 11:04 PM
KT is a keeper

SequSpur
06-08-2008, 11:19 PM
Keep KT. Waive Oberto, Bonner and Horry.

Borosai
06-08-2008, 11:24 PM
Re-sign. He shatters backboards with that gaze!

Aggie Hoopsfan
06-08-2008, 11:38 PM
Thomas needs to retire a Spur.

beachwood
06-08-2008, 11:48 PM
A friend of mine spoke with KT's agent and the agent said he wants to re-sign with the Spurs, so hopefully it happens. He's still good for some backup minutes.

tav1
06-09-2008, 12:01 AM
Re-sign him and move forward.

If they don't resign, then I hope they use him in a sign and trade for a couple of pieces.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
06-09-2008, 12:37 AM
Gotta keep KT. He was great - came in and picked up the system very quickly, can only improve with a pre-season behind him. He's great when TD is sitting because he can rebound and is a very solid one-on-one post defender. And then he has that 15fter.

TD and Kurt we can rely on... the rest of the bigmen are a ?

picnroll
06-09-2008, 12:38 AM
Too bad McDyess isn't an option.

T Park
06-09-2008, 12:38 AM
KT was fantastic, and that was without the benefit of a full season and training camp.

A definite no brainer resigning.

The sooner the better.

Marcus Bryant
06-09-2008, 12:40 AM
There's not much else in the way of low post muscle outside of Thomas in the rotation.

I think he played well with TD up front. A full season to get familiar with the team and its offensive and defensive schemes should pay off for him.

intlspurshk
06-09-2008, 12:41 AM
2 years for 4 million each at max would be ok. Then trade away Bonner please!!! and sign a young and athletic P/C to clean up the glass and compensate for the lack of speed for KT.

Marcus Bryant
06-09-2008, 12:42 AM
2 years for 4 million each at max would be ok. Then trade away Bonner please!!! and sign a young and athletic P/C to clean up the glass and compensate for the lack of speed for KT.

http://z.about.com/d/sanantonio/1/7/X/O/-/-/ian-mahinmi-spurs.jpg

Done.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
06-09-2008, 12:43 AM

His name is Ian Mahinmi, and he's already signed. ;)

T Park
06-09-2008, 12:45 AM
:lol

People act like young good PF C grow on trees and are easily signable I guess.

Marcus Bryant
06-09-2008, 12:47 AM
:lol

People act like young good PF C grow on trees and are easily signable I guess.

Not just that. They ignore the one already in the pipeline.

T Park
06-09-2008, 12:48 AM
Not just that. They ignore the one already in the pipeline.

Yeah I mean, people ignore the progress Mahinmi made this year and the scary good potential the kid has.

I for one am very excited to see how he plays next to Duncan defensively.

intlspurshk
06-09-2008, 12:49 AM
I wouldn't mind to play Ian for 20-30 min pg to develop him but I am sure Pop wouldn't. Pop would rather play Horry instead. I am a bit concerned about his strength too. I want a more powerful PF to be signed for cheap. Maybe I can dream SPURS can get Paul Milsap or David Lee ??? just kidding.

midgetonadonkey
06-09-2008, 12:50 AM
He's not getting the min.

If he doesn't take the minimum he should then take the finger and a kick in the ass.

Marcus Bryant
06-09-2008, 12:51 AM
If he doesn't take the minimum he should then take the finger and a kick in the ass.

It doesn't really matter.

T Park
06-09-2008, 12:52 AM
I wouldn't mind to play Ian for 20-30 min pg to develop him but I am sure Pop wouldn't. Pop would rather play Horry instead. I am a bit concerned about his strength too. I want a more powerful PF to be signed for cheap. Maybe I can dream SPURS can get Paul Milsap or David Lee ??? just kidding.

Why do you think "pop wouldn't"?

timvp
06-09-2008, 01:26 AM
I don't think KT was "great" outside of his defense on Shaq ... but I want him back. His main problem was his offensive cohesion with the rest of the team. That could possibly fix itself after a training camp. Even if he doesn't, he's worth bringing back now that Splitter yellowed.

T Park
06-09-2008, 01:28 AM
IMO hes smart enough for it to be fixed with a training camp.

Plus a player like him keeps Pop in a good mood :lol

Man of Steel
06-09-2008, 01:32 AM
A friend of mine spoke with KT's agent and the agent said he wants to re-sign with the Spurs, so hopefully it happens. He's still good for some backup minutes.

Fucking lying piece of shit.

A friend of MINE who is SLEEPING with KT's agent's girlfriend and who has naked pictures of her spread-eagle that he will post on the internet if the bitch ever talks--told me that KT is going back to Phoenix...:hat

objective
06-09-2008, 01:32 AM
Kurt Thomas under contract would likely mean very little time for Ian Mahinmi I fear. The temptation will be to ride the experienced guys like Oberto and Thomas and send Mahinmi back to Austin to get stronger and more seasoned.

Marcus Bryant
06-09-2008, 01:35 AM
Kurt Thomas under contract would likely mean very little time for Ian Mahinmi I fear. The temptation will be to ride the experienced guys like Oberto and Thomas and send Mahinmi back to Austin to get stronger and more seasoned.

I don't know. Thomas and Oberto are neither more than part time players at this point. 20 minutes a piece. Pencil in TD for about 35 and you have roughly 20 minutes open in the bigman rotation.

midgetonadonkey
06-09-2008, 01:36 AM

That's is what I am also afraid of. I think Mahinmi should be at 20+ minute guy in the regular season. He needs that to make him a decent NBA player. If Kurt Thomas is resigned, he will not play anything more than garbage time. He will get Matt Bonner minutes, if even that.

T Park
06-09-2008, 01:38 AM
I don't know. Thomas and Oberto are neither more than part time players at this point. 20 minutes a piece. Pencil in TD for about 35 and you have roughly 20 minutes open in the bigman rotation.

I think Duncan's minutes get cut down a tad.

I think Oberto's gets cut down as well for Mahinmi.

midgetonadonkey
06-09-2008, 01:40 AM
I think Duncan's minutes get cut down a tad.

I think Oberto's gets cut down as well for Mahinmi.

I really don't believe Pop will cut down on Oberto's minutes for Mahinmi. He is too stubborn and too willing to play vets over younger guys.

objective
06-09-2008, 01:40 AM
20 minutes of big man rotation left over from TD/Oberto/KT = 12 minutes smallball, 5 minutes Bonner, 3 minutes Mahinmi

jag
06-09-2008, 01:41 AM

Oberto always manages to show up for big games though...his passing has been great these past two postseasons. If Ian doesn't show big things at the beginning of the season, i have a feeling he might see Bonneresque min.

Blackjack
06-09-2008, 01:56 AM
Pop has been trying to get his hands on KT for years, and as big as he played in the Phoenix series... I just can't see Pop letting him go.

Bruno
06-09-2008, 03:45 AM
I haven' been overly impressed by him and he doesn't bring at all what Spurs need (youth and athleticism).
However, Spurs have a lot of holes and only one MLE. Re-signing Thomas becomes a priority of the offseason because you can get him without using your exceptions.
Diop for the LLE is maybe the only better realistic option than re-signing Thomas but Diop market value is higher.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
06-09-2008, 04:30 AM
KT will be the third big man next year, Mahinmi the fourth, but if anyone loses time it will be Oberto I think. He and KT will play more or less depending on matchups, and TD and Mahinmi will get constant minutes. Pop knows he needs to develop Ian to have any shot at another ring in the Duncan era, so that's what he'll do, even against his instincts.

What happens to the Red Rocket is anyone's guess. :lol

SpurOutofTownFan
06-09-2008, 09:02 AM
Doesn't really matter how much the Spurs re-sign him for because they won't be under the Cap until 2010 anyways....and I can guarantee the deal isn't longer than two years.

I'd say he'd take a deal somewhere between $3-4M/yr.

This is probably what is going to end up happening.

mrspurs
06-09-2008, 09:33 AM
only if he wants to take a paycut as a backup, the only thing we can offer in return for him taking a paycut is another full chance at a ring...the spurs will first need to find another starting center so that kurt can feel comfortable the spurs are going to make another run....if for a second kurt finds out fab is going to start at center...kurt will demand more money cos he knows he will have to play alot of ball next season. he also knows with fab and himself coming off or starting, they cant play against the other wests bigs, and i hate saying that.......go spurs go

ss1986v2
06-09-2008, 09:41 AM
only if he wants to take a paycut as a backup, the only thing we can offer in return for him taking a paycut is another full chance at a ring...the spurs will first need to find another starting center so that kurt can feel comfortable the spurs are going to make another run....if for a second kurt finds out fab is going to start at center...kurt will demand more money cos he knows he will have to play alot of ball next season. he also knows with fab and himself coming off or starting, they cant play against the other wests bigs, and i hate saying that.......go spurs go
i dont see why the spurs have to really worry about his cost. spurs are over the cap until 2010 anyway, so whats wrong with paying him 4+ mil per over two years? it might push us toward the tax line the season after next, but we will have several expirings that could be moved to save a buck. and i doubt any team is going to spend the full MLE on KT (most teams interested are going to be close to/above the tax line.

i think we can afford to overpay a little if we have to: 2yrs/9 mil at the upper range IMO.

beachwood
06-09-2008, 01:21 PM
Fucking lying piece of shit.

A friend of MINE who is SLEEPING with KT's agent's girlfriend and who has naked pictures of her spread-eagle that he will post on the internet if the bitch ever talks--told me that KT is going back to Phoenix...:hat

Hmm... your sources are questionable..

mrspurs
06-09-2008, 02:45 PM
i dont see why the spurs have to really worry about his cost. spurs are over the cap until 2010 anyway, so whats wrong with paying him 4+ mil per over two years? it might push us toward the tax line the season after next, but we will have several expirings that could be moved to save a buck. and i doubt any team is going to spend the full MLE on KT (most teams interested are going to be close to/above the tax line.

i think we can afford to overpay a little if we have to: 2yrs/9 mil at the upper range IMO.

i stand corrected...guess thats not much for a vet. and a full season with us.....guess i was just trying to add the fact that we still need a starting center.....go spurs:flag:

Ed Helicopter Jones
06-09-2008, 03:07 PM
KT is the only big outside of Duncan who should be on the roster next year.

1Parker1
06-09-2008, 03:28 PM
^I doubt the Spurs willing be willing to part with Oberto and I doubt we'll get much for him if we did try and trade him.

hater
06-09-2008, 03:28 PM
yup. We should resign KT. that is a nobrainer w/that Tiago BS

Ed Helicopter Jones
06-09-2008, 03:31 PM
^I doubt the Spurs willing be willing to part with Oberto and I doubt we'll get much for him if we did try and trade him.

I'm sure you're right. The Spurs need to work towards a diminished role for Oberto though. A big who can't grab a rebound is a liability, despite his ability to work within the offensive scheme.

1Parker1
06-09-2008, 03:51 PM
I'm sure you're right. The Spurs need to work towards a diminished role for Oberto though. A big who can't grab a rebound is a liability, despite his ability to work within the offensive scheme.

Sadly, I think Oberto peaked in the 05 playoffs against the Utah Jazz. He's a solid guy to bring off the bench as he has great ball handling and passing skills. He's not a starter, he's not a impressive defender in the paint, etc.

Spurs Brazil
06-09-2008, 04:16 PM
Re-sign him

2years $8 mil

Southwest Texas Fan
06-09-2008, 04:32 PM
Sadly, I think Oberto peaked in the 05 playoffs against the Utah Jazz. He's a solid guy to bring off the bench as he has great ball handling and passing skills. He's not a starter, he's not a impressive defender in the paint, etc.

05 or 07

wildchild
06-09-2008, 08:45 PM
Many guys overrated KT.
He's a good low post defender. Granted, more than Oberto, Horry, Bonner or Ian. But nothing more.
He did a nice job against PHX, but he didn't nothing in New Orleans and thanks for the Oberto's plays against NOH in game 6 and 7 'cause KT sucks add he didn't nothing for four games against LAL. One good game in the last game.
He was born in 1.972, he's 6-9.
C'mon. What's the big deal with the guy?
We need size. Diop's 7 and born in 1.982. Lee is young, too.
I say again. Not re-sign KT, trade Bonner, Oberto, Horry, Finley, who doesn't matters, but bring Diop, Lee or any guy with more size and less years.

NewJerSpur
06-09-2008, 08:52 PM
Kurt is a smarter overall player than Diop (especially defensively), has more range, and was given only a few weeks to pick up the Spurs' system while receiving an ebon flow of minutes in the playoffs that would throw anyone's rhythm off. While we usher in "the next whomever) to hopefully take over the ranks long after TD he is a solid choice. Tough on the boards and on the court in general.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
06-09-2008, 09:03 PM
Many guys overrated KT.
He's a good low post defender. Granted, more than Oberto, Horry, Bonner or Ian. But nothing more.
He did a nice job against PHX, but he didn't nothing in New Orleans and thanks for the Oberto's plays against NOH in game 6 and 7 'cause KT sucks add he didn't nothing for four games against LAL. One good game in the last game.
He was born in 1.972, he's 6-9.
C'mon. What's the big deal with the guy?
We need size. Diop's 7 and born in 1.982. Lee is young, too.
I say again. Not re-sign KT, trade Bonner, Oberto, Horry, Finley, who doesn't matters, but bring Diop, Lee or any guy with more size and less years.

We have KT's Bird rights, he is a very solid veteran low-post defender and rebounder with a dependable 15fter, and he's tough - those guys don't grow on trees. Why let him go? Sign him for 2ys 8-10mil as TD's backup. He'll be much better after a pre-season with the team, too.

Thomas is a better player than Oberto. Whoever said Oberto peaked in 05, I think you mean 07, and if you do I agree. He went missing a lot this season.

wildchild
06-09-2008, 09:06 PM
Well he doesn't seems a solid, his shots don't solid, his screens and picks don't solid.
He's a good defender, maybe a decent rebounder, but the Spurs suck in the 3rd quarter 'cause we have many vets without fresh legs.
No more savvy vets with 36 years next season, please.

wildchild
06-09-2008, 09:10 PM
We have KT's Bird rights, he is a very solid veteran low-post defender and rebounder with a dependable 15fter, and he's tough - those guys don't grow on trees. Why let him go? Sign him for 2ys 8-10mil as TD's backup. He'll be much better after a pre-season with the team, too.

Thomas is a better player than Oberto. Whoever said Oberto peaked in 05, I think you mean 07, and if you do I agree. He went missing a lot this season.

Dude the problem isn't if KT is a better player than Oberto or not.
The problem is the guy is older, slower, and sucks in O with the rest of the team.
We need a better option than KT or Fab if we want win the ring.

NewJerSpur
06-09-2008, 09:13 PM
I agree that he could flop a lot less on screens because it only draws attention to him and he's often the on called for the foul, but he has better range than most of the bigs on the market and can only become more consistent offensively with more consistent playing time.

wildchild
06-09-2008, 09:17 PM
I think with 6 m/y we bring a better option than KT.
Don't get me wrong. I like KT and Fab, Robert, Matt, too.
But I can't see the new ring with these guys in the team.

NewJerSpur
06-09-2008, 09:18 PM
Kurt will likely get his ring in his second go-round with the Spurs (technically his 1st full term) just like Finley.

AFBlue
06-09-2008, 09:19 PM
If KT signed and participated in a full training camp with the Spurs he'd instantly be the best big not named Duncan. Granted, at this point that doesn't mean much, but Thomas does a few things very well (defend true post players, rebound, pick and pop) and would only get better as he got more comfortable in the system.

He'd still have problems with the more athletic frontlines in the league, but that's why the Spurs must bring in Mahinmi or draft an athletic shotblocker.

Bottom Line: He has some limitations, but he'd come back for the right price and be a steady frontline presence.

AFBlue
06-09-2008, 09:20 PM
I think with 6 m/y we bring a better option than KT.
Don't get me wrong. I like KT and Fab, Robert, Matt, too.
But I can't see the new ring with these guys in the team.

Spurs can sign him and not use up MLE, which will be important if they want to add an instant contributor on the wing as well. That's probably the biggest advantage to signing Thomas, other than what he brings.

wildbill2u
06-09-2008, 09:26 PM
He's about as mobile as a deeply rooted tree so that limits his defense capability against any mobile PF and the West is full of them. Remember that KT was let go by both Phonix and Seattle.

On the other hand, we have to have a required number of players on the roster. So give him the vet minimum for one year with an option.

We have to quit stockpiling old veteran players. Spurs are becoming known as the elephant's graveyard of the NBA.

T Park
06-09-2008, 09:40 PM
He's about as mobile as a deeply rooted tree so that limits his defense capability against any mobile PF and the West is full of them. Remember that KT was let go by both Phonix and Seattle.

On the other hand, we have to have a required number of players on the roster. So give him the vet minimum for one year with an option.

We have to quit stockpiling old veteran players. Spurs are becoming known as the elephant's graveyard of the NBA.

Thomas was let go by Phoenix for money reasons.

Seattle gave him up cause they weren't competitive...

angelbelow
06-09-2008, 09:46 PM
Re-sign him

2years $8 mil

im hoping at the age 36, the vet minimum is enough to convince him :downspin:

T Park
06-09-2008, 09:47 PM
Its not because at 36 hes still damn good.

Alot of other teams would love to have him. IE Orlando.

clubalien
06-09-2008, 09:55 PM
I think the choice will between splitter and kt this offseason. I doubt both will make the team

wildbill2u
06-09-2008, 11:33 PM
Thomas was let go by Phoenix for money reasons.

Seattle gave him up cause they weren't competitive...

Bottom line, they gave him up because he wasn't worth keeping to them or he'd still be at one of those clubs.

His shot was inconsistent, especially in the playoffs and he's only useful defensively when he goes up against another immobile player. That's why his minutes were also inconsistent.

I'm not saying we HAVE to get rid of him--we'll probably resign him--but let's not kid ourselves about his value as a frontline rotation player at this stage of his career.

Nbadan
06-10-2008, 12:54 AM
The criticism of Kurt Thomas's shot is well-deserved...if the Spurs do resign, which I think they will...I would like to see Thomas work on his mid-range range game....13 feet and closer.....

ss1986v2
06-10-2008, 01:34 AM
Bottom line, they gave him up because he wasn't worth keeping to them or he'd still be at one of those clubs.
yes and no. whats being left out is the reason why he wasnt worth keeping.

for pheonix, he was costing them 16 mil in salary plus taxes. thats a lot to pay any player, let along one only logging 15-20 minutes per. this is also the same team that sold away luol deng and rajon rondo. the list of players the suns didnt think were worth keeping seems like pretty good company to me.

SenorSpur
06-10-2008, 02:01 AM
The criticism of Kurt Thomas's shot is well-deserved...if the Spurs do resign, which I think they will...I would like to see Thomas work on his mid-range range game....13 feet and closer.....

Funny, because KT was practically automatic from 15-17 ft in, while playing for the Suns in the 2007 playoffs versus the Spurs.

It's almost like his shot betrayed him this year.

ss1986v2
06-10-2008, 02:09 AM
Funny, because KT was practically automatic from 15-17 ft in, while playing for the Suns in the 2007 playoffs versus the Spurs.

It's almost like his shot betrayed him this year.
totally. KT has been known for three things throughout his career: low-post defense, setting illegal screens and getting away with it, and that 15ft jumper. he brought the first, got called on the second but still got away with it more often then not, but couldnt do the third to save his life at times. id like to give him some more time before i pass judgment, because i liked what i saw at times.

Manu_Ginobili
06-10-2008, 02:16 AM
http://www.nba.com/media/act_kurt_thomas.jpg

Kurt Thomas | PF/C
Born: Oct 4, 1972
Height: 6-9 / 2,06
Weight: 235 lbs. / 106,6 kg.
College: Texas Christian
Years Pro: 12

Info (http://www.nba.com/playerfile/kurt_thomas/index.html)

2 years, $10 mil sounds about right.

No way, the guy IS FR. OLD! HE GETS THE VET MINIMUM, THAT'S ALL...

cze1860
06-10-2008, 02:20 AM
the only problem ————he is too old

bigdog
06-10-2008, 02:34 AM
he should be back. now we let horry walk, bring in mahinmi, and i wish we could get rid of oberto.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
06-10-2008, 05:33 AM
Spurs can sign him and not use up MLE, which will be important if they want to add an instant contributor on the wing as well. That's probably the biggest advantage to signing Thomas, other than what he brings.

Exactly. Where else do you get a player of KT's quality without using the MLE? He has to be resigned. All those saying vet min are kidding themselves - he still has plenty of game left, and vet min will not land him. We have his Bird rights so we can sign him for whatever we like. I think he's worth 4-5mil as a dependable backup to Tim who will also play with Tim sometimes. if we can get him cheaper, great, but that will be his price.

TD/KT/Mahinmi and two others is a good rotation. Fab will probably be there, although he'd better play better than he did this season, and Bonner or whatever he is traded for will be the other guy.

Unfortunately, we can't afford to go after any other bigs when we badly need young swings and a backup PG.

I'm happy to have KT around, it's Fab and Bonner that worry me.

ducks
07-09-2008, 09:24 AM
Ronny Turiaf agreed to a four-year, $17 million makes thomas market value ?

oligarchy
07-09-2008, 09:27 AM
It doesn't make his market value higher really. I'm sure the Spurs are willing to resign Thomas at or around MLE money (I'm thinking 6-max in the first year, scaled down for year two and a third-year team option). I'm sure a full year with the Spurs will help tremendously with getting him into the flow of offense. Then some people might appreciate what he actually brings. He wasn't in-sync with our offense this year.

Mr.Bottomtooth
07-09-2008, 09:29 AM
Ronny Turiaf agreed to a four-year, $17 million makes thomas market value ?

Hopefully. ~$4.25M a year for Thomas would be great. Sign him up for 2 years.

Sissiborgo
07-09-2008, 10:29 AM
Yeah i'd say re-sign him!:toast

Srupsog
07-09-2008, 05:46 PM
If we resign Kurt Thomas, we should trade oberto and bonner. Kurt Thomas is the same type of player that oberto is, but he's better and can do something offensively. When we resign thomas, we should try to trade oberto and bonner for an athletic C or PF that can start along side duncan. Because Thomas is only good enough to be a back up.

Tully365
07-09-2008, 06:17 PM
At this point, the Spurs don't really even have a choice.

MaNu4Tres
07-09-2008, 06:33 PM
We'd have to include Udoka to the packaged Oberto+ Bonner for a starting big.