Marcus Bryant
06-08-2008, 11:34 PM
http://www.nba.com/media/act_gordan_giricek.jpg

Gordan Giricek | SG
Born: Jun 20, 1977
Height: 6-6 / 1,98
Weight: 220 lbs. / 99,8 kg.
Years Pro: 5

Info (http://www.nba.com/playerfile/gordan_giricek/index.html)

Reunited and it feels so good...

SequSpur
06-08-2008, 11:34 PM
Giricek > Manu...

:lol

timvp
06-09-2008, 12:19 AM
If everything else dries up, why not? Underrated defender. Good shooter. Always talks about how the Spurs saved his career. Maybe he'll come at a discounted price.

If the Spurs think Diop is needed then Giricek is the type of player the Spurs would have to look at to replace Finley. He'd basically be a year stop gap until the Spurs find a real perimeter player ... or the until the perimeter player the Spurs draft is ready to take over.

Not a horrible short-term solution.

peacemaker885
06-09-2008, 12:20 AM
I find this guy pretty physical at defense. We need a scorer though.

Mr. Body
06-09-2008, 12:23 AM
It occurred to me before, forgot about it.

Marcus Bryant
06-09-2008, 12:28 AM
If everything else dries up, why not? Underrated defender. Good shooter. Always talks about how the Spurs saved his career. Maybe he'll come at a discounted price.

If the Spurs think Diop is needed then Giricek is the type of player the Spurs would have to look at to replace Finley. He'd basically be a year stop gap until the Spurs find a real perimeter player ... or the until the perimeter player the Spurs draft is ready to take over.

Not a horrible short-term solution.

You could do worse. I guess. He was better than I thought he'd be in the Suns series.

T Park
06-09-2008, 12:32 AM
Giricek honestly would be a great fit.

Hes pretty much Michael Finley, but a tad better shooter, and a billion times better defender.

All the Spurs needed to get past the Lakers was a Giricek type player.

Definately on board with this if Azubuike, JR Smith, and some others don't come.

intlspurshk
06-09-2008, 12:34 AM
Crazy

Marcus Bryant
07-01-2008, 10:26 AM
If Barry leaves, Giricek for the LLE might work.

oligarchy
07-11-2008, 12:23 AM
If Barry leaves, Giricek for the LLE might work.

Is Giricek still thinking of going back overseas? If not, just as you stated, Giricek for LLE.

Marcus Bryant
07-11-2008, 12:24 AM
Yes, I believe Giricek is going to Greece for a 3 year, $73 million deal.

spurman20
07-11-2008, 12:26 AM
We had this guy several years ago and traded him away befor he even played in a spurs uni.......Not bad but he has a big offer over seas.....Damn that american dollar......everybody is getting more over there now

traitoravery
07-23-2008, 09:22 PM
Any news from Gordon...I cant seem to find anything. I am hoping we sign him for the LLE.

T Park
07-23-2008, 09:24 PM
We had this guy several years ago and traded him away befor he even played in a spurs uni.......Not bad but he has a big offer over seas.....Damn that american dollar......everybody is getting more over there now

Yeah it was either him or Ginobili.

Did they make the right choice there skipppy?

DROB4EVER
07-23-2008, 10:46 PM
He would be a good pick up for the LLE but he will get 3x that over seas so I cant see him staying in the NBA. If he does he could take over barrys spot and is a better defender.

NewJerSpur
07-23-2008, 11:23 PM
At this point, I would definitely look into signing Gordon...especially over Finley. No one is going to put this team over the top at this point, but we sure could use a complementary piece or two to shore things up. The thing I like is his mid range jumper and ability to raise up and knock it down after taking a couple of dribbles towards the basket or spotting up. He'd at least put up a fight on the defensive end.

mrspurs
07-24-2008, 07:22 AM
nah...in that case which seems worse case scenario, and i hate to say this, bring back fins(only cos he can help the rooks) or............bring in another big to help timmy in the paint.......gordon is good but he aint that good

hater
07-24-2008, 08:45 AM
I am for this. he always does something when he's on the floor.

urunobili
07-24-2008, 08:58 AM
I am for this. he always does something when he's on the floor.

petty is not always something positive...