PDA

View Full Version : Yo, insight on Finals:

Curisu
06-09-2008, 12:28 AM
Hello, Lakers fan here. Wanted to congratulate Spurs on a excellent season and I agree you guys are still contenders in the West. I wanted to know if I can gain some opinions on Game 2 of the Finals? Wanted to get another perspective because on the Lakers boards, you can imagine how it is right now. Do you think it was a fair game? Also, are you in favor of the Lakers winning the Finals to keep the championship in the West or do you prefer them losing for beating the Spurs in the WCF? Just friendly questions, I'm not here causing any trouble and appreciate the responses in advance.

Benvolio_Montague
06-09-2008, 12:30 AM
I want the Lakers to wither and die. I am loving every minute of their fans suffering.

mVp
06-09-2008, 12:36 AM
My thoughts on Game 2? LOL You all got owned by Leon Frickin' Powe... the Fakers are done.

Where's your MVP now, LA? :lol

duncan228
06-09-2008, 12:38 AM
You'll find more conversation on the game and the series in the NBA forum.

http://spurstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?s=&daysprune=&f=3

timvp
06-09-2008, 12:40 AM
I think the Lakers probably win the next three games. But that's only if Kobe doesn't crack and start alienating his teammates ... like he very well could do.

Lakers still have a good shot because the Celtics haven't shown the ability to slow down running teams on the road. The Lakers actually play more like the Hawks than anyone else the Celtics have played. If LA gets out and runs, they'll score 120+ in Game 3 and win easy.

T Park
06-09-2008, 12:44 AM
Lakers win the first two home games, Celtics squeek out a tough game 5, Celtics blow em out in game 6.

Curisu
06-09-2008, 12:49 AM
Thanks everyone, especially you mVp... =)

And are you guys in favor of the Lakers or don't care one way or another?

timvp
06-09-2008, 12:50 AM
I want both teams to lose or the NBA to be canceled until next season.

T Park
06-09-2008, 12:51 AM
Thanks everyone, especially you mVp... =)

And are you guys in favor of the Lakers or don't care one way or another?

I want both to die horrible wretched deaths.

Man of Steel
06-09-2008, 12:52 AM
Lakers got screwed by the refs.

midgetonadonkey
06-09-2008, 12:52 AM

That's how I feel.

Avitus1
06-09-2008, 12:54 AM

*clap clap clap*

I never thought I'd find a post that sums up exactly how I feel. Yet here it is. Timvp you truly are a master at what you do.... :flag:

T Park
06-09-2008, 12:55 AM
Lakers got screwed by the refs.

Payback is a bitch.

whottt
06-09-2008, 01:33 AM
I'm on the fence, and I'm on it proudly

Me too

:vomit:

Dingle Barry
06-09-2008, 02:38 AM
Man I hate the lakers too but the sour grapes in this thread is pretty limpdick and embarrassing..

I must concur with an above poster about the refs fucking LA in this game. I expect LA to take three straight. Will come down to game 7 in Boston.

TJastal
06-09-2008, 03:41 AM
Man I hate the lakers too but the sour grapes in this thread is pretty limpdick and embarrassing..

I must concur with an above poster about the refs fucking LA in this game. I expect LA to take three straight. Will come down to game 7 in Boston.

What calls in particular did you think the lakers got fucked by? The disparity in free throws was because the lakers mostly settled on jump shots and the celtics were taking it to the rim and getting fouled. And the times the lakers took it to the basket the celtics played good clean defense and forced the lakers into misses.

The only really bad call I saw was Radmanovich's obvious 3 step travel in the 4th quarter. :lol

Man of Steel
06-09-2008, 03:45 AM
This is flawed thinking.

Lakers drive to the lane--no foul called;

Celtics drive to the lane--fouls called;

Look at when the disparity of foul occurred, and not only the total amount of calls made.

TJastal
06-09-2008, 03:46 AM
Oh, and I think this series is done in LA, in either 4 or 5 games, Doc isn't gonna let em piss away another 20 pt lead.

TJastal
06-09-2008, 03:50 AM
So in every game, your saying there must be x amount of fouls called per drive to the basket, and both must equal out for each team, regardless of the quality of defense played? I think this is flawed thinking. Celtics simply played better defense, something they've been doing all year long.

Man of Steel
06-09-2008, 04:35 AM
So in every game, your saying there must be x amount of fouls called per drive to the basket, and both must equal out for each team, regardless of the quality of defense played? I think this is flawed thinking. Celtics simply played better defense, something they've been doing all year long.

I call for an attempt to be consistent in the way that a game is officiated.

To call defense on one play as being a hack and thus a foul while on the other end of the court allow a mugging without a call--this has an effect on a game.

xtremesteven33
06-09-2008, 11:35 AM
Boston just played more aggressive. they attacked the basket more and got more foul calls. For all the smart basketball fans it shouldnt be so hard to understand that the better and superior defensive teams get less foul calls becuase they play TEAM defense rather than individual defense. The Lakers can not play TEAM defense so they resort to playing individual defense by trying to swat the ball and steal it and those are easy foul calls. look at the games. The Celtics are playing great defense with thie bodies and legs and not with thier hands and arms.

Elementary

Mr. Body
06-09-2008, 11:48 AM
Boston has the tougher, more aggressive players. The Lakers are getting exposed. If they wish to win a few games they need to find a way to slow Pierce and toughen up. The referees have had nothing to do with the series. Merely looking at the box score and suddenly hitting on a FT disparity is pathetic; watching the game everything generally flowed the way you'd think. If anything the refs gave the Lakers a couple assists late in the game, but that's a natural part of momentum.

xtremesteven33
06-09-2008, 12:05 PM
The refs let Radmonovic get away with a BLATANT travel near the end of the game!!

how much more blatant could it be?

PDXSpursFan
06-09-2008, 12:12 PM
Celtics are too old they will crack now with little rest heading to LA. :lol

Guajalote
06-09-2008, 12:42 PM
Karma, payback, conspiracy theories, sour grapes, etc.

I prefer to see it as the law of averages. I think the truest test of any "karma, payback, conspiracy theory, etc." is to look at the sum total of all fouls called over the course of the year. Use those numbers to tell you about the team's offense. Do jumpshooting teams like Phoenix and Golden State lead the league in foul shot attempts? (I don't know, I'm just guessing). My guess is that just as the Lakers got lots of calls in the Utah series, I attribute it to them taking it to the rim more. Sure, there are anomolies cough cough Dallas '06 cough cough (just joking), but overall, I think that you have to look at the big picture to better understand this.