PDA

View Full Version : Stern's "State of the Union"

Blackjack
06-09-2008, 12:52 AM
So I'm flipping through the channels, only to find Stern on espnews doing his annual state of the union at the finals. There's been alot of news (shady or otherwise) made this year in the N.B.A., so I figured I'd check it out.

So Stern opens the conference up for questioning, and my favorite invertebrate (John Hollinger) steps up to the mic.

Hollinger- "Are you concerned with teams not being able to sign draft picks
abroad because of the disparity between the rookie pay-scale and
what their current clubs can now offer?"

looking perplexed:
a.) Because the question came out of left field or
b.) Seeing an invertebrate being able to sit in a
chair without falling out)

Stern- " No. I'm not sure why you'd ask. Surely you must be making a
generalization"

Hollinger- " Well... Uhm.. You know, the Splitter situation with San Antonio"

Stern deflected or honestly wasn't up to speed on what was going on. Saying that, he enjoyed watching Splitter play over the summer and that the Spurs probably wanted Splitter to stay.

Hollinger either not knowing the facts, (shocking... I know.) or being all the invertebate he could be, never pressed the issue for fear of anything coming off as combative.

I personally can't wait to read Hollingers column on the Splitter situation, if for no other reason, I'll be able to print it out and have something to wipe my ass with.

So here's to SpursTalk :toast and it being the best place to find information (locally or nationally) on the Spurs and the N.B.A.

And here's to Hollinger :toast for being all the tool he can be, and giving me something to do to pass the time.

Marcus Bryant
06-09-2008, 12:55 AM
I know nothings.

Perhaps about July 27th it will be revealed that most NBA refs are on the take and that Joseph Crawford is the ringleader.

Blackjack
06-09-2008, 12:58 AM
I know nothings.

Perhaps about July 27th it will be revealed that most NBA refs are on the take and that Joseph Crawford is the ringleader.

Who's this Joseph Crawford you speak of???

Avitus1
06-09-2008, 01:00 AM
So much for staying in touch with the league your commissioner of. Probably to busy dealing with the hard on this years finals are giving him.

Marcus Bryant
06-09-2008, 01:01 AM
http://content.mahalo.com/images/3/3e/Stalin_LH_100907.jpg

Marcus Bryant
06-09-2008, 01:02 AM
http://msnbcmedia3.msn.com/j/msnbc/Components/Photos/070417/070417_crawford_vmed_12p.widec.jpg

Blackjack
06-09-2008, 01:02 AM
http://content.mahalo.com/images/3/3e/Stalin_LH_100907.jpg

:lmao

jag
06-09-2008, 01:05 AM
David Stern is the same guy who argued with a reporter, that it's the same distance from LA to Miami... as it is from Miami to France (the country).

Marcus Bryant
06-09-2008, 01:06 AM
Has anyone seen Joey and Joseph together? Hmmmm....

Blackjack
06-09-2008, 01:20 AM
David Stern is the same guy who argued with a reporter, that it's the same distance from LA to Miami... as it is from Miami to France (the country).

So I guess the Spurs should be expecting to finish there next second round opponent in say.... New Orleans. Only to open the conference finals in less than 48 hours in say.... Berlin???

jag
06-09-2008, 01:24 AM
So I guess the Spurs should be expecting to finish there next second round opponent in say.... New Orleans. Only to open the conference finals in less than 48 hours in say.... Berlin???

I wouldn't see any reason why not...it is of course, the same distance from SA to NO...as it is from SA to Berlin.

ShoogarBear
06-09-2008, 01:24 AM
If the Lakers were in the same situation, Stern would have dispatched Jerry West to go run Tau Ceramica for a couple of years.

Blackjack
06-09-2008, 01:28 AM
If the Lakers were in the same situation, Stern would have dispatched Jerry West to go run Tau Ceramica for a couple of years.

How can we be sure Jerry West isn't behind Tiago's sudden change of heart?

I fully expect Tau to be purchased by Jerry Buss. :lmao