PDA

View Full Version : How good is Leon Powe...

The_Game
06-09-2008, 04:34 AM
What a performance last night

Can certainly see him becoming a 18/10 guy in the near future

shelshor
06-09-2008, 05:08 AM
Leon just stepped up when Perkins & Pierce were hobbled the way a role/bench player is supposed to step up in the playoffs

confined
06-09-2008, 10:58 AM
the guy shot free throws all night, so i guess he's good at getting to the line?

JoeTait75
06-09-2008, 11:02 AM
Pure energy guy. But he has no offensive game. All he can do is slam into someone, throw the ball toward the hoop, and hope for a whistle.

jacobdrj
06-09-2008, 11:03 AM
I have been saying this since the 1st round: Doc Rivers is SERIOUSLY pissing me off by not playing this guy more. He is, by far, their best bigman. He is better than Perkins, and he is better than Davis. He should be a starter. Those other 2... they are big and fat. This guy Powe, he is Big and MUSCULAR. They guy is far more capable of putting the ball in the hole. The depth chart should look something like:

KG>Powe>PJ>Perkins>Davis

JoeTait75
06-09-2008, 11:06 AM
I have been saying this since the 1st round: Doc Rivers is SERIOUSLY pissing me off by not playing this guy more. He is, by far, their best bigman. He is better than Perkins, and he is better than Davis. He should be a starter. Those other 2... they are big and fat. This guy Powe, he is Big and MUSCULAR. They guy is far more capable of putting the ball in the hole. The depth chart should look something like:

KG>Powe>PJ>Perkins>Davis

Why Perkins plays so much is a mystery. The guy is a hackmaster of the first order. Powe and Big Baby give them good minutes, but neither of those guys can stay in the rotation. I won't be surprised if Powe is nailed to the bench in L.A.

BiZNicK
06-09-2008, 12:01 PM
Just a fluke game.

He'll struggle on the road.

Though much props for stepping up in game 2

xtremesteven33
06-09-2008, 12:24 PM
Celtics in 6

Kobe cant carry his team by himself.
Odom is being contained by KG
Gasol is not nearly as Dominant as ONeal
Lakers have very fragile Defense
Celtics have HCA
Lakers cant stop Pierce

the only way Lakers win this series is if the Celtics somehow start choking.
which is totally not out of the equation either.

manufor3
06-09-2008, 12:30 PM
i like him

DazedAndConfused
06-09-2008, 01:26 PM
The correct question is how bad is Luke Walton?

boutons_
06-09-2008, 01:29 PM
Flukes win championships! :)

Robert's 17 pts in 4th + OT in '05 Game5 was also a fluke.

Lakers08Champs
06-09-2008, 01:34 PM
HAHA leon powe?? :lmao

the refs made him look like kobe bryant!! just pathetic

Ghazi
06-09-2008, 02:48 PM
No, the Lakers did by constantly fouling them and playing piss poor transition defense... also very soft interior defense.

Tippecanoe
06-09-2008, 03:39 PM

KG>Powe>PJ>Perkins>Davis

im a big fan of powe's game too, but from what i hear, doc doesnt like leon because his defense is lacking. reportedly, powe's defensive rotations are consistently late or nonexistent. even big baby rotates better than powe. perkins, on the other hand, is very solid defensively, and thus, hes going to get the starting job.

mardigan
06-09-2008, 03:43 PM
The correct question is how bad is Luke Walton?
For real, what the fuck happened to that guy?

Tippecanoe
06-09-2008, 03:43 PM
Why Perkins plays so much is a mystery. The guy is a hackmaster of the first order. Powe and Big Baby give them good minutes, but neither of those guys can stay in the rotation. I won't be surprised if Powe is nailed to the bench in L.A.

defense, defense, defense. its true he's struggling at the moment, but perkins has been, throughout the season, very solid defensively for the celtics. i can see a case for leon powe starting, but his rotations have been consistently late.

Banzai
06-09-2008, 04:01 PM
For real, what the fuck happened to that guy?
good question.....I think he needs to be a bench player..he doesn't really have a jump shot..and when he attacks the basket he is like a block of wood...:rollin frustration when it comes to Luke Walton:rollin

TheNextGen
06-09-2008, 07:21 PM
Half time Powe segment...along with a career night. Coincidence?

UCantHandleTheTruth
06-09-2008, 07:56 PM
Why Perkins plays so much is a mystery. The guy is a hackmaster of the first order. Powe and Big Baby give them good minutes, but neither of those guys can stay in the rotation. I won't be surprised if Powe is nailed to the bench in L.A.Like Tippecanoe said, it's due to his defense. Perkins is a very good defensive big while Powe is average at best.

I would like to see Powe play more than he does though. He's a bit inconsistent, but the guy is just instant production off the bench. His points per minute was behind only KG on the Celtics at 22 points per 40 minutes (KG was 23, Pierce 21.9). His PER was 2nd on the Celtics at 21.18 compared to Perkins 13.48. He's also an outstanding rebounder.

The Celtics could use the offense more than the defense, really.