PDA

View Full Version : Support the Carver Academy

alamo50
06-09-2008, 05:34 AM
Some of you know that I have been involved with the Carver Academy since day 1 in 2001.

Since that day I have visited the Carver Academy every time when I flew over from Holland to watch our Spurs play (5 times) and have seen the school grow and more and more smiling childeren who are able to work with their God given talents.

People might think that because David and his wife Valerie put 9 million of their own money in this project (biggest single contribution from a sports star in the US), that there's enough money to go attend to everything that is required attending to but that is not the case.

There are plans in the future to expand nationwide with this set-up of the Carver Academy, but not before everything right there in San Antonio is exactly what is should be and every single child is given the best education possible.

Since a few weeks a new website of the Carver Academy has been up in the air and finaly I have been able to make a donation myself. Sure to show David and Valerie that I respect what they are doing and that I want to make a small contribution to this wonderfull and great plan they have build in San Antonio, but also for the future of San Antonio childeren who without the help of the Robinson's would not have had the means to express their God given talents and develop them under professional care.

I am VERY proud to have had an influence on my friend Andrew's family as I have taken him, his girlfriend and daughter along with me to the Carver Academy as my guests and they were so blown away with the way of teaching, handling and caring that they thanked me for bringing them and changing the future of their daughter as they were sure to enroll her in the school. Just having Mr. Robinson reach out his hand (literaly and figure of speech) to them changed their lives.

You want to make a difference too and help just a little bit in coach Pop's famous stone cutter's way?

Follow this link and make a donation today:

https://www.thecarveracademy.org/page.cfm?p=61

Image removed per request of TCA.

thispego
06-10-2008, 10:51 AM
those kids have the southpark smile DOWN!

mouse
06-10-2008, 04:53 PM
I will donate 9.00 dollars I only have 10.00 on my prepaid Visa and it cost 1.00 for each trans action.

But If I sell my laptop this month I will donate 100.00 to the Alamo50 fund! :smokin

Is that really you in the picture?

Sunshine
06-10-2008, 05:03 PM
This is a worthy cause if there every was one. The Carver Academy has changed the lives of many young children in the relatively few years it's been in existence.

Good for you J!

JoeChalupa
06-10-2008, 05:20 PM
I'll donate too. Great cause.

mouse
06-10-2008, 06:43 PM
Alamo50 Is Senator/congressman/Mayor/etc..... material.

I hope he one day decides to go into one of those careers! :tu

Nbadan
06-10-2008, 07:00 PM
120 kids? That's how many Mouse has fathered alone.....

alamo50
06-11-2008, 05:03 PM
Is that really you in the picture?

Yes, of course that's me in the pic and it ain't even photoshopped or anything!

:lol

TMTTRIO
06-11-2008, 11:39 PM
Hey now can you get me a job there :p:. I just got an interview for a teaching position with them today and I thought it went pretty well. Hopefully something will come up. I was very impressed when I interviewed with them today and was very impressed with the facilities. They also told me during the interview that they were going to be doing a lot of expanding pretty soon.

sa_butta
06-11-2008, 11:42 PM
Hey now can you get me a job there :p:. I just got an interview for a teaching position with them today and I thought it went pretty well. Hopefully something will come up.

Make a hefty donation and Id say your chances are good.:lol

Nbadan
06-11-2008, 11:42 PM
Why would you want to work at a private school? Are you certified?

TMTTRIO
06-11-2008, 11:50 PM
yes I recently graduated and I'm certified. I have been applying and have been going to job fairs everywhere but there's just so many elementary teachers wanting jobs so it's hard to get in. I was just happy to get a call to come in for an interview.

Nbadan
06-11-2008, 11:54 PM
Much less pay....more off-task responsibility...and they can fire you at will.....sounds good....

Keep looking....

alamo50
06-12-2008, 09:46 AM
Hey now can you get me a job there :p:. I just got an interview for a teaching position with them today and I thought it went pretty well. Hopefully something will come up. I was very impressed when I interviewed with them today and was very impressed with the facilities. They also told me during the interview that they were going to be doing a lot of expanding pretty soon.

WOW, good luck!
Let us know the outcome.

TheCloud
06-12-2008, 10:16 AM
Much less pay....more off-task responsibility...and they can fire you at will.....sounds good....

Keep looking....

Your my kinda guy!

remingtonbo2001
06-12-2008, 11:40 AM

Congrats TMTRIO.

I hope you're able to get the position. I'm sure you're more than qualified.