PDA

View Full Version : Lakers whining about officiating

Aggie Hoopsfan
06-09-2008, 08:28 AM
http://www.usatoday.com/sports/basketball/nba/lakers/2008-06-09-foul-difference_N.htm

I'm sure all the Laker fans who criticized Spurs fans for calling out Joey Crawford and co. will be along shortly to call out their own team for whining...

FromWayDowntown
06-09-2008, 08:33 AM
Cue BoxScore Lanny and his whining about the 7 Fixers, or whatever the hell he calls them.

spurscenter
06-09-2008, 08:33 AM
FUck the Lakers

the Nba knows they dont belong

7 games, every other night. Unheard of in today's NBA , much less NBA WCF.

SpurOutofTownFan
06-09-2008, 08:58 AM
These finals are going to go down in history as *

mrspurs
06-09-2008, 09:01 AM
the nba and its cheating refs, alongside homecourt advantage at its best........go spurs go

fraga
06-09-2008, 09:48 AM
Let the Bitchassness begin...refs didn't call this...we didn't get this call...

BiZNicK
06-09-2008, 10:20 AM
I think Stern had a change of heart.

After a night with Bird, he hopped back on the Celtics bandwagon

Rummpd
06-09-2008, 10:28 AM
Fact is Lakers got totally hosed last night by refs. Equal fact is that they also benefited big time by the Barry no call. Karma?

Medvedenko
06-09-2008, 10:29 AM
It was a pretty atrocious game from a call standpoint.
Leon Powe had 13 ft's compared to the lakers @ 10.....

Yes he was agressive and yes we did foul more than we should have, but it wasn't called the same on the other end. No matter how you paint it, it was getting very ugly out there. It's up to the lakers to adjust, however from a fan standpoint it's difficult to see your starting sg, sf, and PF sit out in foul trouble the first 8 min's of the q. Just call it fairly that's all the fans want from both sides.

It was funny though during a Paul Pierce pump fake for a 3 attempt he was hit by Fisher very similiarily to the Barry play and he made the shot, however it was called a travel first and PP didn't even argue it.....the only decent call all night.

Medvedenko
06-09-2008, 10:30 AM
Fact is Lakers got totally hosed last night by refs. Equal fact is that they also benefited big time by the Barry no call. Karma?

I can't believe we are agreeing on this....and you're right, barry was fouled but they don't call that in the last seconds. Still, the last 2 series we have been severely shorthanded by the refs in reference to foul shots.

Russ
06-09-2008, 10:37 AM
I still can't believe Phil's Freudian slip after the game:

Phil Jackson

In all these years I've reffed --- er, coached in the Finals I've never seen . . .

:lol

Medvedenko
06-09-2008, 10:43 AM
Phil will probably get fined...
The lakers will have to play 5-8 the rest of the series.

PDXSpursFan
06-09-2008, 10:50 AM
To be honest, I didn't like the officiating. But it was bad for both teams so Phil (or Lakers fans) shouldn't blame the loss on that. Lakers D' sucked. They got owned by a carreer bench player (Powe).

SenorSpur
06-09-2008, 10:50 AM
.....so what else is new? :whine

LakerLanny
06-09-2008, 10:54 AM
At one point ft attempts were 26-3 despite Lakers scoring more points in the paint.

It finished 38-10 ft attempts against. Impossible to win when the other team shoots 4 times as many FTs.

Lakers score 5 more FGs from the floor and "lose"

Very similar to the infamous 35-12 FT attempt differential in Game 1 vs SA in 2003 that swung the series to your team unfairly.

FromWayDowntown
06-09-2008, 10:56 AM
Still, the last 2 series we have been severely shorthanded by the refs in reference to foul shots.

Over 5 games, the Spurs shot 2 more free throws than the Lakers did (94-92). The Lakers had more FTA in Games 1 and 2, and the teams shot the same number of FTA in Game 5. That's being severely shorthanded, I'm sure.

I don't buy that there's some sort of FTA equilibrium that should apply in every game or that officials are obligated to put certain players on the line while denying other players that opportunity. I thought the Celtics were able to get to the line a lot in the early stages of last night's game because they attacked the rim while the Lakers settled for jumpers more often than not. Powe was emblematic of that effort -- with the Lakers in foul trouble, Powe just kept attacking the rim and the Lakers didn't move their feet and play defense.

The identity of the player attacking the rim shouldn't make any difference in determining whether or not he should shoot free throws -- it's shameful that anyone would actually argue that there is some sort of discrepancy just because one particular player got to the line a lot. I suppose, given that argument, that the discrepancy would have been more explicable to Lakers fans had it been Paul Pierce or Ray Allen!?!?!

Mr. Body
06-09-2008, 10:56 AM
Yeah, Powe and the Celtic guards blowing by stock-still Pau Gasol had nothing to do with it.

Pero
06-09-2008, 10:57 AM
At one point ft attempts were 26-3 despite Lakers scoring more points in the paint.

It finished 38-10 ft attempts against. Impossible to win when the other team shoots 4 times as many FTs.

Very similar to the infamous 35-12 FT attempt differential in Game 1 vs SA in 2003 that swung the series to your team unfairly.

Whiner.

Rummpd
06-09-2008, 10:57 AM
No one can argue Lakers did not get hosed last night, they did big time.

Fact is NBA officials are not doing their job favoring home courts too much, missing calls etc. Should fire many of them and start over with a new crew and allow a few replays at option of coach - perhaps losing timeouts like in NFL.

Mr. Body
06-09-2008, 10:59 AM
Refs don't have FT quotas. Watching the game, there was one aggressive team and one weeny, jump shooting, hook shot shooting team. The Lakers didn't deserve to shoot a single free throw more than they did.

It was basically a blowout with one team by far more aggressive and dominant over the other. The flurry of threes after the Celts packed it in made it seems like a competitive game, but it wasn't. Anytime one of the best teams in the league demolishes a lousy team during the season, you don't expect the lousy team to bitch about how many FTs they got.

FromWayDowntown
06-09-2008, 11:00 AM

Garbage number -- the Celtics weren't scoring points in the paint because the guys who attacked the rim were getting fouled by the Lakers. The ensuing free throws don't count as points in the paint.

Not true -- the Lakers could have kept them from shooting 53% from the floor when they didn't foul the Celtics instead.

Lakers had 15 more FGA, too.

Still infamous only to Lanny. How about the infamous Barry non-call that swung the series to your team unfairly? Is it whining if I'm still complaining about that 6 years later?

Mr. Body
06-09-2008, 11:02 AM

No they didn't. Not even close. One team had 1/10th the aggression of the other. Plus that team is natively a jump-shooting team. No surprise at the results.

FromWayDowntown
06-09-2008, 11:04 AM

I can -- the Lakers didn't get hosed; they didn't play as aggressively with a crew of officials who don't give calls to jumpshooters. The Lakers made themselves into jump shooters and didn't get calls. No hosing in that, unless you think that the officials should have ignored calls that would have given the Celtics free throws or made up calls to put the Lakers on the line. I can't imagine that either possibility would be good for the game.

Did the officials miss some calls? Sure -- that happens in every game. Did the free throw attempt disparity reflect what happened on the floor last night? Absolutely.

Fact is NBA officials are not doing their job favoring home courts too much, missing calls etc. Should fire many of them and start over with a new crew and allow a few replays at option of coach - perhaps losing timeouts like in NFL.

I'll guarantee you that this is about the worst idea ever. The whining and gnashing of teeth that would ensue if the league replaced a significant number of its officials would reach insane levels.

LakerLanny
06-09-2008, 11:09 AM

Thank you.

Looks like this site does have a few poeple who actually watch the games. Good post.

This isn't a partisan issue, it is an issue of right and wrong. And enough with the "Celtics were more aggressive argument"

The Lakers had outscored them in the paint by a wide margin and were still getting killed in the FT attempt differential. And no way would Kobe have gone to the line on the game deciding phantom foul call that sent Pierce to the line. Does anyone not agree with that?

Mr.Bottomtooth
06-09-2008, 11:10 AM
Powe was amazing. He won me over just by yesterday's outing.

LakerLanny
06-09-2008, 11:11 AM
No they didn't. Not even close. One team had 1/10th the aggression of the other. Plus that team is natively a jump-shooting team. No surprise at the results.

Another stupid post from perhaps the least knowledgeable poster on this site.

The Lakers had more points in the paint than Boston, they were punishing them inside.

The NBA sending two Circle of 7 Fixer Refs (Delaney and Mauer) was certainly no accident. If they aren't going to change the bad group of officials, at least start assigning them randomly.

The game was obviously fixed for Boston, even if the Lakers come back to "win" the series it is clear the NBA has lost all credibility. Might as well get worked about the WWF or watch the X games or something.

Mr. Body
06-09-2008, 11:16 AM

The Lakers had more points in the paint than Boston, they were punishing them inside.

The NBA sending two Circle of 7 Fixer Refs (Delaney and Mauer) was certainly no accident. If they aren't going to change the bad group of officials, at least start assigning them randomly.

The game was obviously fixed for Boston, even if the Lakers come back to "win" the series it is clear the NBA has lost all credibility. Might as well get worked about the WWF or watch the X games or something.

I don't think you saw the game. 'Punishing them inside' is a bad description for a bunch of kittens tumbling around in a blanket.

Man, nobody whines like Lakers. Lakers and their fans. Whine when they win, whine before and after games, whine even during games (have you seen the look on Kobe's face after every play? it's like he's constipated), whine after they lose.

spurs_fan_in_exile
06-09-2008, 11:19 AM
I think Stern had a change of heart.

After a night with Bird, he hopped back on the Celtics bandwagon

Bird schmird. I've been saying it for weeks: Gatorade owns this league. Stern is just a puppet for the Big Electrolyte lobby. They should name it League Of Clutch Fistfuls of Hundred Dollar Bills Close to Your Chest While You Fix the Finals Because You Are a Greedy Pudgy Bastard Son of a Bitch, David Stern.

DDS4
06-09-2008, 11:22 AM

If you think it's fixed, why watch at all?

It's not like the Lakers have never benefitted from calls either, please reference the 2002 Conference Finals vs. the Kings if you're gonna go back in time. Or if you don't remember, look at the Utah Jazz series this year.

1Parker1
06-09-2008, 11:26 AM
Kobe expects to get a foul call every single time he drives into the lane. Celtics were very aggressive in the first half and Gasol/Lamar are not exactly all defensive team players. Instead of using their feet to stay in front, they were reaching on defense, hence the foul calls.

And in the 2nd half, there were several dubious calls that favored the Lakers as well.

FromWayDowntown
06-09-2008, 11:27 AM

Again, because the Celtics were getting fouled when they went to the rim and were denied points in the paint because of that.

You couldn't have earnestly watched that game and truly believed that the Lakers were "punishing" the Celtics inside.

Yes, again your solution of having Gary Zielinski call huge games at this stage of the season rears its ugly head. There's no big secret at this point as to who will be calling games. The next two games will involve the last 6 Finals officials -- likely to include Javie, J. Crawford, Derosa, Salvatore, Callahan, and one other (Forte, Brothers, Washington, or McCutchen perhaps?). I can tell you now that the Game 5 officials are likely to be Bavetta, Rush, and probably Delaney. I can tell you now that Dan Crawford will likely be assigned to Game 6, too, if he isn't assigned to Game 5 -- which would be unlikely, I think.

It's systematic. You don't want to see that, but I can assure you it is.

Then why are you watching?

redskinfan
06-09-2008, 11:27 AM
Damn do all of our silver dancers have small titties?

spurs_fan_in_exile
06-09-2008, 11:33 AM
It's systematic. You don't want to see that, but I can assure you it is.

I've recently begun suspecting that your ability to predict the refs stems from the fact that you are actually David Stern. I've always liked you FWD, so it really pains me to say that you are failing in your duties as commissioner by fixing these games so transparently.

FromWayDowntown
06-09-2008, 11:42 AM
I've recently begun suspecting that your ability to predict the refs stems from the fact that you are actually David Stern. I've always liked you FWD, so it really pains me to say that you are failing in your duties as commissioner by fixing these games so transparently.

Damn -- I thought sending my minions in to undermine the chances of my favorite team would have been enough of a smokescreen to throw you off the scent.

I'd have gotten away with it if it weren't for you meddling kids and your dog!!

George Gervin's Afro
06-09-2008, 11:53 AM
Laker fans think Kobe should get calls just because he's Kobe. When he doesn't get calls the world hates the lakers and the fix is in... Memo to laker fans just because his name is bryant doesn't mean he automatically get's calls.. these people whine when they win and whine when they lose..:rolleyes

leemajors
06-09-2008, 12:13 PM
the Lakers will get all the calls the next two games, why whine?

Aggie Hoopsfan
06-09-2008, 12:19 PM

Since when are the refs horrible if they don't bail out a jump shooting team, which is what the Lakers were last night?

I don't know what you're a doctor of, but it sure ain't hoops.

Fact is when a team is being aggressive, it's going to shoot more FTs. Boston was aggressive, LA embraced their Gasolism with pussy jump shooting.

The other fact is now that Phil has bitched, LA will probably shoot 50 FTs in game 3 to maybe 15 for Boston, and I'm sure you won't hear Jackson bitching about the discrepancy after that one.

Aggie Hoopsfan
06-09-2008, 12:21 PM
Laker fans think Kobe should get calls just because he's Kobe. When he doesn't get calls the world hates the lakers and the fix is in... Memo to laker fans just because his name is bryant doesn't mean he automatically get's calls.. these people whine when they win and whine when they lose..:rolleyes

Laker fans? Hell, Phil went off about Leon Powe getting FT attempts. I guess he missed Odom, Gasol, and co. fouling the shit out of Leon because they suck balls as interior defenders.

xtremesteven33
06-09-2008, 12:27 PM
did anyone catch Phil Jackson say the word "bitching" last night during the post game podium interview?

he said something like " we started bitching when the foul was called"

haha....wonder if hell get fined

cherylsteele
06-09-2008, 12:28 PM

:violin

lefty
06-09-2008, 12:28 PM
Phil Jackson knows what he is doing

He knows his team will get more calls from now on.

Remember after game 6 of the '84 Finals when Bird called out Stern on a FT conspiracy.

He might be bitching, but he knows what he's doing

manufor3
06-09-2008, 12:29 PM
the lakers had no right winning that game, you know that, i know that, and john mccain knows it

SPURSGOAT
06-09-2008, 12:33 PM
Lakers will get all the calls in LA... series far from being over with 3 in a row in LA...

Find it funny that they jump on us for complaing about Crawford and the officials... now look at them... lol!

RonMexico
06-09-2008, 12:41 PM
There were a few times I felt Kobe got hit or held on his way to the basket. It's tough for him to get calls though when he picks up a tech after a play where he wasn't even touched or he starts complaining about a call and flailing his arms when he merely loses the ball out of bounds on a shot attempt (early in 1st quarter). If Kobe would just drive to the basket without yelling "hey!" or make "unnatural" arm movements on his shot attempts, then he might get more calls. Still, he's already going to shoot a minimum of 18-20 FTs in Game 3.

I don't disagree with the offensive foul on Kobe elbowing Ray Allen, but Ray gave him a taste of his own flailing medicine on the Celts' offensive end, which was funny. Every single FTA Powe received was justified and hard-earned. Gasol and Odom were slapping this shit out of him and it was obvious to everyone but Phil Jackson. He should have even had 1 more attempt after the sweet Rondo fakeout-then-behind-Turiaf's-back pass... Powe got fouled on that dunk.

Laker fans, you want to know where your 6 points are? Powe getting a wide open, near coast-to-coast dunk, Kobe complaining about foul calls while his man (Ray Allen) nails a 3 at the other end, and Kobe's technical. You should have even lost by 8 after Vlad took about 20 steps on that dunk.

Medvedenko
06-09-2008, 12:47 PM
Vlad took 21 steps....

Yes, the Celtics deserved to win, they actually hit a lot of shots and timely at that. Yes, and Powe deserved the calls he got. He was hacked. I'm more concerned about the phantom calls on Kobe with all of the clutching and grabbing he was held a few times with no call. This is what turns teams into jump shooting. Also, the C's hit a ton of shots from the outside and got good bench contribution and energy. The Lakers need to match that if they have a chance.

Mj23foreva
06-09-2008, 12:59 PM
I don't think you saw the game. 'Punishing them inside' is a bad description for a bunch of kittens tumbling around in a blanket.

Man, nobody whines like Lakers. Lakers and their fans. Whine when they win, whine before and after games, whine even during games (have you seen the look on Kobe's face after every play? it's like he's constipated), whine after they lose.

Funny you can say the same thing about Spurs fans and Tim Duncan face

http://basketbawful.blogspot.com/2008/04/word-of-day-duncan-face.html

41times
06-09-2008, 01:04 PM
The losing team always whines about the officiating, that's nothing new. The Lakers will get the calls in games 3-5 and this series will go back to Boston 3 - 2 in favor of someone.

This is the league's dream matchup, it ain't ending in 4-5 games.

Indazone
06-09-2008, 01:10 PM
looks like those bruising games against Atlanta, Cleveland, Detroit where they pushed, pulled and hacked hard against the Celtics got them ready to play against the soft as hell Lakers.

DazedAndConfused
06-09-2008, 01:23 PM
The problem is the refs are calling this game on the reputation of the teams involved, not on what's actually going on in the game.

I had no problems with the calls that Powe was getting, he was mostly getting fouled IMHO. The problem is the Lakers weren't getting the same touch fouls on the other end. Gasol would go up for an alley-oop and get raked across the arms by KG with no call whatsoever. Kobe would drive to the hoop and get his arm held back and no call would be made. If your going to call the game tight then fine, just be consistent on both ends is all I ask for. The Lakers are a good enough team to win in spite of some home cooking, but a 28 F/T disparity is just too much for any team to overcome.

Mj23foreva
06-09-2008, 01:32 PM
looks like those bruising games against Atlanta, Cleveland, Detroit where they pushed, pulled and hacked hard against the Celtics got them ready to play against the soft as hell Lakers.

LOL did you just say Atlanta? The sub-500 team that wouldve been in like 12th place in the West that took the almighty Celtics to game 7?

2 of the 3 teams you just mentioned wouldnt have even made the playoffs in the West. What exactly are you trying to get at?

:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

shelshor
06-09-2008, 01:38 PM
did anyone catch Phil Jackson say the word "bitching" last night during the post game podium interview?

he said something like " we started bitching when the foul was called"

haha....wonder if hell get fined

Doubtful--The whining wuss hasn't gotten justifiably fined or suspended for any of his other tantrums about the refs

Mr. Body
06-09-2008, 01:43 PM
The problem is the refs are calling this game on the reputation of the teams involved, not on what's actually going on in the game.

I had no problems with the calls that Powe was getting, he was mostly getting fouled IMHO. The problem is the Lakers weren't getting the same touch fouls on the other end. Gasol would go up for an alley-oop and get raked across the arms by KG with no call whatsoever. Kobe would drive to the hoop and get his arm held back and no call would be made. If your going to call the game tight then fine, just be consistent on both ends is all I ask for. The Lakers are a good enough team to win in spite of some home cooking, but a 28 F/T disparity is just too much for any team to overcome.

This is the Finals, son, you can't bring your soft, weak-ass game in here. The Fakers just don't have any muscle.

Pucho!!!
06-09-2008, 01:46 PM

HAHA, your team is soft, always has been. Games 1-2 sure looked alot like the WCF minus the tired old legs and every other day schedule. Lakers are Kobe Bryant and a puff of smoke. Take a quote from pop's book, it wasn't the refs your team definitely lacked aggression and defense. WHen Kobe's not winnin, the real him comes out-"Im the best, I need to shoot all the shots, Fuck my crappy team, Fuck you Pau, Fuck everyone"-and they'll always lose when he gets like that. Your right the FTA will change when they get to LA, but itll prolly be more even and the outcome will be the same. Your delusional if you think the lakers are better than what they've shown. Theyve been played almost exactly the same way in the Spurs series. If you havent forgotten, Kobe didnt shoot that many FT's then either. Could it be the fear of reinjuryin his questionably injured pinky finger? All I know is regardless to what you think happened in the paint (which mite look obscured due to the fact that when the celts penantrated they got foul calls), your team has been exposed for what it is: A soft defensive team, who when not winnin the wheels fall off! Go suck Kobe's cock

Spur-Addict
06-09-2008, 01:50 PM
the Lakers will get all the calls the next two games, why whine?

EXACTLY, expect some garb calls next game on K.G when Lamar goes soft to the hole like a impotent male.

Pucho!!!
06-09-2008, 01:58 PM
I'm more concerned about the phantom calls on Kobe with all of the clutching and grabbing he was held a few times with no call. This is what turns teams into jump shooting.

Funny, I thought Kobe should have been thrown out the game as much yellin he was doin at the refs and his team. I understand this is the Finals and all the stars have to be there, but damn, duncan got throw out for laughin ON THE BENCH. When are the refs gonna grow a pair and put Kobe in his place? I mean all he did the whole game was chunk up shots and yell at the refs. He got a T and continued to yell at the refs...once again Kobe hasnt been shootin that many FTs in the last 2 rounds, maybe that should be more attributed for the fact that all Kobe wants to do is shoot fade away jumpers, SOFT SHIT!!!!!

Pucho!!!
06-09-2008, 02:02 PM
The problem is the refs are calling this game on the reputation of the teams involved, not on what's actually going on in the game. I had no problems with the calls that Powe was getting, he was mostly getting fouled IMHO. The problem is the Lakers weren't getting the same touch fouls on the other end. Gasol would go up for an alley-oop and get raked across the arms by KG with no call whatsoever. Kobe would drive to the hoop and get his arm held back and no call would be made. If your going to call the game tight then fine, just be consistent on both ends is all I ask for. The Lakers are a good enough team to win in spite of some home cooking, but a 28 F/T disparity is just too much for any team to overcome.

Lakers suck and you suck for cheering for Kobe. Blame him for y u guys are losin. He has to have ALL the glory otherswise its not worth it. What happened to the dbl dbl he was gettin against us. Its cuz when theyre winnin its ok for him to run the triangle but if they're losin its everyones fault but his, hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha 9-26 hahahahahahaha and that wasn't the 1st time he shot that crappy against them hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Indazone
06-09-2008, 02:04 PM
LOL did you just say Atlanta? The sub-500 team that wouldve been in like 12th place in the West that took the almighty Celtics to game 7?

2 of the 3 teams you just mentioned wouldnt have even made the playoffs in the West. What exactly are you trying to get at?

:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

Say what you want but any team with Josh Smith, Childress, Marvin Williams, Joe Johnson, Mike Bibby, and Al Horford is anything but soft. They might be young and because of it an up and down team but they aren't soft. They have more athleticism than most NBA teams. If they bring their A game to the playoffs, they are as tough as anyone but for their inexperience and inconsistency they lost to the Celtics, the number one seed, and pushed them to 7 games.

RonMexico
06-09-2008, 02:43 PM
Kobe has some legit beefs on a few no-calls. But he and KG need to stop chucking up fadeaways and jumpers. Only difference is that KG has had Paul Pierce, Ray Allen and [role player spot currently occupied by Leon Powe] step up, while Kobe has had zero help. They had a chance to use Pau's great first half as momentum, but went away from throwing it down low for some reason. Odom is more concerned with who he's going to throw to the ground next than getting into some semblance of a rhythm. Vlad will hit a few nice 3's and then airball/bank the next few... if he doesn't turn it over. Fisher is playing his normal self, but he's having a tough time keeping up with Rondo.

td4mvp21
06-09-2008, 03:46 PM
Well no shit the Lakers didn't get all the calls. Guess what? You're never going to. They will get more at home, though, and I don't understand why they resort to bitching about officials only after a loss. Very petty, from the coach to the players. They were shooting a lot of jumpshots last night; when they did attack the rim, not much was called. I think they need to get the fuck over it and play. When they finally did last night, they cut a 24 point deficit to 2. Every fucking team in the league has battles with officiating. The good teams play through it and win no matter what.

cindyp601
06-09-2008, 03:50 PM
lakers got what they deserved PERIOD

GO SPURS GO!!!

MadDog73
06-09-2008, 03:54 PM
So NOW the NBA is fixed?!?

Where were you assholes when the Spurs were being robbed.

Slinkyman
06-09-2008, 04:05 PM
The NBA is only fixed when your team is losing

Budkin
06-09-2008, 04:31 PM
Karma is a motherfucker Lakers!

DarrinS
06-09-2008, 04:34 PM
Dan Crawford hates the Lakers.

Actually, the foul disparity had nothing to do with the fact that the "black Mamba" was clanking shots for the first half of the game.

birdy219
06-09-2008, 05:02 PM
This series reminds me of 2004 and the five game sweep :stirpot: of the lakers. Stern wanted his "dream team" in the finals and once they were there. He allowed the Pistons to beat the crap out of them. They were very physical with them. Stern wants his ratings bonaza. He doesn't care about the winner. Does anybody else remember when Stern changed the playoff format in order to benefit the lakers? We wussed out in 2004 after the .4 crap and KG and co. were robbed. The lakers embarrassed the West with that poor showing in the finals and it was extremely pleasurable to watch them get beaten like a bald headed step child. :lmao

Bottomline....I'm glad they are getting hosed by the refs. :downspin: Lets see if it continues in LA.
I have a feeling that Joey is on the way to set things right. :rolleyes

SPURSGOAT
06-09-2008, 05:09 PM

Oh I get it; when the Lakers lose; the game is fixed... :wow:rolleyes

SPURSGOAT
06-09-2008, 05:12 PM
Powe was amazing. He won me over just by yesterday's outing.
yea I was thinking the Spurs should try get him... could get him cheap probably if is going to be a FA... I liked the halftime story they had on him...

LakerHater
06-09-2008, 05:19 PM
Laker fans? Hell, Phil went off about Leon Powe getting FT attempts. I guess he missed Odom, Gasol, and co. fouling the shit out of Leon because they suck balls as interior defenders.
Thats because Odom, Gasol & co. are SOFT! Now the whole league and parts of the world will now know!!!! http://db.funformobile.com/images/smiles/thumbup.gif (javascript:emoticon('form_text',':2up:'))

Nahtanoj
06-09-2008, 05:40 PM
When your guys get called for touch fouls after touch fouls (back2back on every instance, Gasol, Kobe, Odom, etc) to start the first quarter, it doesn't help. Sure I knew it was 22-20 by the end of the first, but I also knew the game was over with the way they were calling it one end, and the other.. those fouls hurt as the game goes on, as evident by that JV team Phil had to start out there in the 2nd quarter.. and players are also unable to sustain their aggressiveness as a result of those fouls. I enjoyed the hackjobs by the Celtics and all those calls (or non-calls) with the Lakers going to the rim, but I prefer them calling it the same on the other end - fouls accumulate and it affect the way people play. Laughed particularly hard when Pierce made love to Kobe's right arm forcing Kobe to shoot and make a floater with his left. I really "hated" that make up non-call travel by Radmanovic though, created an illusion that the bad officiating was at least slightly both ways. There's still hope, we all witnessed the 2006 NBA Finals where David showed his hatred towards Mark Cuban and lovejoy to his new superstar Wade.

Aggie Hoopsfan
06-09-2008, 05:40 PM

:cry

Aggie Hoopsfan
06-09-2008, 05:42 PM
When your guys get called for touch fouls after touch fouls (back2back on every instance, Gasol, Kobe, Odom, etc) to start the first quarter, it doesn't help. Sure I knew it was 22-20 by the end of the first, but I also knew the game was over.. those fouls hurt as the game goes on and players are unable to sustain their aggressiveness.

So what's the big deal, I didn't see you whining about injustices being committed by the officials when they were hosing the Spurs...

You reap what you sow, and karma's a bitch.

Hook Dem
06-09-2008, 06:03 PM

PHIL.......IS THAT YOU???:rollin

LakerHater
06-09-2008, 06:04 PM
It's also showin' how dirty Kobe really is! Just watch'em off the ball, follow him!!!

taps
06-09-2008, 06:56 PM
I wonder if Phil Jackson will stick around if he doesn't win it in the next couple years, especially if they are knocked out before the Finals next year. On the one hand I'm sure he's itching to beat Red's record but on the other I feel like he's breaking down a bit mentally (unfortunately I don't think this is helped by his physical problems.) I've always enjoyed how he plays with the media (especially against Popovic in '00-'03, it was sweet overcoming that and moving on to ring city) and the best has to be when he totally dismantled Portland's confidence in the '92 Finals before the series even started. Vintage. That PJackson is gone, IMO, and so is '92 MJ. Now it just seems like bitch-assness. The difference b/w 3x3-peat Phil and '04 loss-present Phil is that instead of playing mind games with his opponents players and coaching staff he's passive-aggressively whining at the refs in the post-presser. Where's the Phil constantly pointing out the C's almost total lack of playoff/Finals experience, or the fact that he's beaten KG before? 0-2, too late for that now. Softy. I believe if filters down to the players too, if daddy's justifying the loss I don't think the players focus as much on cleaning up their offense/defense to win game 3-on. This is where I believe it pays to be a no-excuses team - we may be out now but watch out for postseason '09, we will be hungry and acutely focused.

MiamiHeat
06-09-2008, 08:08 PM
apparently nobody is ever allowed to have a good game or they will blame refs.

Watch the game. Leon Powe DOMINATED. That sounds funny, but he did. He lived under the basket, and that is why he got calls.

Lakers did not get screwed.

wildchild
06-09-2008, 08:50 PM
Kobe didn't shoot FT's 'cause the Boston's D is the one of the best in defensive without fouls in the NBA.

ballhog
06-09-2008, 10:12 PM
I can't believe we are agreeing on this....and you're right, barry was fouled but they don't call that in the last seconds. Still, the last 2 series we have been severely shorthanded by the refs in reference to foul shots.

Lakers are a finesse team. Fadeaways and pussy hookshots aren't gonna get called. They were hacking at Powe all night because he's physical. Lakers shouldn't hack so much. Plain and simple.

baseline bum
06-09-2008, 11:45 PM

Like when the Spurs were jobbed out of game 4 at Staples in 2003 with 5 more FGs when Shaq and Kobe combined for 45 free throws? The game LA won while shooting 39% thanks to having Bennett Salvatore in your pocket?

DazedAndConfused
06-09-2008, 11:53 PM
Leon Powe did get fouled, nobody is disputing that. But so did Kobe, Gasol, Farmar, and Odom. That's the problem, there is no consistency.

NewJerSpur
06-09-2008, 11:57 PM
2 more wins and that sign Garnett is conveniently holding in your avatar has a permanent tear right down the middle my friend.

DazedAndConfused
06-10-2008, 12:02 AM
2 more wins and that sign Garnett is conveniently holding in your avatar has a permanent tear right down the middle my friend.

So?

FromWayDowntown
06-10-2008, 12:05 AM
Like when the Spurs were jobbed out of game 4 at Staples in 2003 with 5 more FGs when Shaq and Kobe combined for 45 free throws? The game LA won while shooting 39% thanks to having Bennett Salvatore in your pocket?

That was just an extremely well-called game.

Nbadan
06-10-2008, 12:19 AM
The officiating in Boston is another black-eye for the NBA...it's hardly watchable anymore...

DazedAndConfused
06-10-2008, 12:23 AM
I fail to understand how any NBA fan who wants to see good basketball would be happy about lopsided officiating against any team.

Nbadan
06-10-2008, 12:26 AM
...that's cause most of these guys could give a rat's ass about the NBA...unless they are kissing Spurs ass.....

21_Blessings
06-10-2008, 12:27 AM
I fail to understand how any NBA fan who wants to see good basketball would be happy about lopsided officiating against any team.

They want a game 7

We all saw the 4th quarter when the refs let both teams play somewhat. Complete domination.

Condemned 2 HelLA
06-10-2008, 02:40 AM
Doubtful--The whining wuss hasn't gotten justifiably fined or suspended for any of his other tantrums about the refs

Word has it that Phillatio the Overrated is about to get hit with a fine between $25,000-$50,000, according to a source on the radio out here.

milkyway21
06-10-2008, 03:42 AM
Word has it that Phillatio the Overrated is about to get hit with a fine between $25,000-$50,000, according to a source on the radio out here.

I heard & read that Phil Jackson also mispronounced Leon Powe's name last night.

he sounded it like pweee:lmao

No surprise to the unsung Powe.

Kindergarten Cop
06-10-2008, 07:27 AM
I heard & read that Phil Jackson also mispronounced Leon Powe's name last night.

he sounded it like pweee:lmao

No surprise to the unsung Powe.

He pronounced it "Pow" - similar to how you would pronounce Gasol's first name, but he corrected himself.

my2sons
06-10-2008, 08:54 AM

please allow me to introduce you to kettle.....

FromWayDowntown
06-10-2008, 10:17 AM
Have no fear, Lakers Fans -- Mark Wunderlich will be in the building tonight to call his first-ever Finals game and be emasculated, then bullied around by Jack Nicholson as he was in Game 3 of the Spurs/Lakers series in 2003!!

As an added bonus, Joey "didn't see Fisher foul Barry" Crawford will be on hand to not see any number of obvious fouls that might adversely affect the Lakers.

easjer
06-10-2008, 10:20 AM
Have no fear, Lakers Fans -- Mark Wunderlich will be in the building tonight to call his first-ever Finals game and be emasculated, then bullied around by Jack Nicholson as he was in Game 3 of the Spurs/Lakers series in 2003!!

As an added bonus, Joey "didn't see Fisher foul Barry" Crawford will be on hand to not see any number of obvious fouls that might adversely affect the Lakers.

FWD - I think I love you. Will you marry me? I'm pretty sure SFIE won't mind. In fact, he'd love to have someone as knowledgeable as you around to talk to. We both cook pretty well, and I bake amazing things. I make the best homemade fudge ever. Pretty please?

FromWayDowntown
06-10-2008, 11:42 AM
FWD - I think I love you. Will you marry me? I'm pretty sure SFIE won't mind. In fact, he'd love to have someone as knowledgeable as you around to talk to. We both cook pretty well, and I bake amazing things. I make the best homemade fudge ever. Pretty please?

:married:

LakerLanny
06-10-2008, 11:46 AM
The officiating in Boston is another black-eye for the NBA...it's hardly watchable anymore...

^Gets it.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=IUtf6-avo2c

Anyone who can watch that and honestly say the Lakers didn't get fucked is a babbling moron, period.

temujin
06-10-2008, 11:54 AM
Stern wanted the Lakers in the finals, but there was no hint whatsoever that he wanted them to win.

The oldies in Boston deserve one title.

Anyway, it's going to be 2-1 with lots of FTs for the little kobe.
The series will go back to Boston 3-2, and the Celtics will have in 6.

So freaking predictable.

temujin
06-10-2008, 11:59 AM
Real basketball fans don't watch stuff that results from McHale-Garnett-Boston and West-Gasol-LA connections.

That stuff is business not basketball.

You read about it in the WSJ.

FromWayDowntown
06-10-2008, 12:14 PM
^Gets it.

Anyone who can watch that and honestly say the Lakers didn't get fucked is a babbling moron, period.

I disagree. But I do wonder: when the Lakers outshoot the Celtics by some astronomical number of FTA in one of the games in LA, will you be here to whine about the officiating then, too?

DarrinS
06-10-2008, 12:18 PM
^Gets it.

Nbadan is a 911 "twoofer". 'Nuff said.

Manu_Ginobili
06-10-2008, 12:21 PM
http://www.usatoday.com/sports/basketball/nba/lakers/2008-06-09-foul-difference_N.htm

I'm sure all the Laker fans who criticized Spurs fans for calling out Joey Crawford and co. will be along shortly to call out their own team for whining...

F the Lakers - the Spurs had ALL the reasons to complain for Game 1 and Game 4 (Kobe's push on Bruce and Fisher's leaning on Barry), BUT THEY DIDN'T DO IT - this is the difference between a classy team and a BOGUS DOGSHIT...

Condemned 2 HelLA
06-10-2008, 12:23 PM
To hear the best whining ever, go here at noon pacific/2 central:

http://www.am570radio.com/main.html

Click on the "Listen Live" link and try not to soil yourselves from laughing so hard.
Yesterday was classic. Today should be just as good.

Aggie Hoopsfan
06-10-2008, 12:28 PM
I put the o/u tonight on Laker FTs at 50.

LakerLanny
06-10-2008, 12:30 PM
I disagree. But I do wonder: when the Lakers outshoot the Celtics by some astronomical number of FTA in one of the games in LA, will you be here to whine about the officiating then, too?

You disagree about what? That the calls were not biased? Watch the video again, you can't be that obtuse.

I and all Laker fans don't want bias in favor of our team, believe it or not.

We know we have the better team and just want an impartially officiated game by professionals doing their jobs correctly.

Then we will let the chips fall where they may. Unfortunately in the NBA, that is the impossible dream.

hater
06-10-2008, 12:43 PM
crybaby faker bitches. they never change.

:lmao @ these losers

FromWayDowntown
06-10-2008, 12:54 PM
You disagree about what? That the calls were not biased? Watch the video again, you can't be that obtuse.

We know we have the better team and just want an impartially officiated game by professionals doing their jobs correctly.

Then we will let the chips fall where they may. Unfortunately in the NBA, that is the impossible dream.

So when the Lakers outshoot the Celtics by 20 FTA, I'll see your posts decrying the biased officiating?

GSH
06-10-2008, 01:00 PM

I don't give a damn how good or bad the officiating was. I just think it's hilarious that these morons can be so hypocritical. They tell everyone else that the refs have/had no impact on the outcome of games. But when they lose, the refs have full and complete control. Waahhh!

Whatever happened in the first part of the game, the refs swallowed their whistles in the 4th quarter, and gave the Lickers every chance to come back from the dead. It's a shame they couldn't take advantage of it. They just ran into a better team.

So when the Lakers outshoot the Celtics by 20 FTA, I'll see your posts decrying the biased officiating?

No matter who shoots the most free throws, you'll see posts saying that you and the other Licker fans are whiny babies. Because it's true.

Waahhh!!

ambchang
06-10-2008, 01:09 PM
For your reference, this is how Laker fans normally feel about FT discrepencies in a game.

http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=94534

LakerLanny
06-10-2008, 01:10 PM
I don't give a damn how good or bad the officiating was. I just think it's hilarious that these morons can be so hypocritical. They tell everyone else that the refs have/had no impact on the outcome of games. But when they lose, the refs have full and complete control.

Who said the refs have no impact on the outcome of games?

You must have me confused with someone else. I think the refs are one of the biggest factors in the outcome of any NBA game, especially in the playoffs.

Purple & Gold
06-10-2008, 01:37 PM
When Laker Haters can't believe the bullshit the refs were calling, it makes you wonder.....

hater
06-10-2008, 01:42 PM
its ok for fans to whine about officials. But lakers just take it to another level. what a bunch of crybabies

easjer
06-10-2008, 01:45 PM
I'm simply amused at how the tables are turned.

NOW the officiating is tragic and should be fixed, but when your team benefits, it's clearly because the team is better, right? Sure thing. Seems to me like I've seen this somewhere before - was it 2006? Spurs get fucked around on calls, and lose (ultimately on their own, but any unbiased observer would admit that the calls made the situation worse or changed the course of the series and the Spurs were unable to recover), and the team that beats them (Dallas) goes on to have their asses handed to them 'by the refs.'

I guess the Boston 3-some is a bigger draw than superstar Kobe. Is that the next excuse?

Officiating needs to be overhauled and reviewed, plain and simple. Don't whine when it doesn't happen to be biased in your direction.

Avitus1
06-10-2008, 05:33 PM
Looks like the shoe is on the other foot now!

underdawg
06-10-2008, 11:31 PM
what a bunch of crap - Phil "the best coach with superstar players" complains about calls and what a surprise they get most of the calls and still barely come away with the game. Doesn't that tell you something about the valley between the talent level of the Celtics and fakers? Hopefully, the level of given calls evens out in the series and they just play basketball. Tonight's game was a perfect example of what a bs move that was by phil - yes it helped him but if he's honest his team lost the first two games because the Celtics are the better team. That was proved by the fact that the fakers got the calls tonight and still struggled to win this super important game at home. If the officiating is somewhat fair througout the series, there's now way the Celtics should lose.

ambchang
06-11-2008, 07:18 AM
Lakers - 23 PF, 34 FTA (in a game which they scored 87 points)
Celtics - 28 PF, 22 FTA, a difference of 12 FTA in a game decided by 6 points.

The Celtics lost despite shooting 14 more FGA.

I am waiting for Laker fans to come out and say that the Celtics got hosed.

temujin
06-11-2008, 07:51 AM
Lakers - 23 PF, 34 FTA (in a game which they scored 87 points)
Celtics - 28 PF, 22 FTA, a difference of 12 FTA in a game decided by 6 points.

The Celtics lost despite shooting 14 more FGA.

I am waiting for Laker fans to come out and say that the Celtics got hosed.

Why finish this series so early?

Who were the refs?

Surprise, surprise:
Crawford, Salvatore and Wunderlich.

The Wonder Trio.

I just find it UNBELIEVABLE that there are folks that arent' laughing at all of this.