PDA

View Full Version : 06 Mavericks or 08 Lakers?

xtremesteven33
06-09-2008, 03:11 PM
Who would win in the Finals hypotheticly?

(Dallas has HCA)

timvp
06-09-2008, 03:12 PM
'06 Mavs.

Spurminator
06-09-2008, 03:13 PM
Depends on whether Kobe gets the Wade treatment or not...

TheNextGen
06-09-2008, 03:15 PM
Depends on whether Kobe gets the Wade treatment or not...

he aint getting in now...i guess it depends if the Finals were taking place today or in 06.

If 2006 = Lakers win

If 2008 = Dallas win

InRareForm
06-09-2008, 03:15 PM
Mavericks.

Lakers aren't physical.

That '06 team was pure finesse with teams that ran and had spread offense and average defenses.

When they played grind out teams (heat) and teams that play hard nosed defense (Posey), they shrivel.

that and wade got some zebra help.

xtremesteven33
06-09-2008, 03:16 PM
'06 Mavs.

thats what i think also.

Mavericks were a better team. too bad they choked.

these Lakers are not that good of a team. they play good when they play against inferior teams but against REALLY good teams, they are exposed

pawe
06-09-2008, 04:46 PM
06 Mavs. They have all the weapons to win it all, too bad they didnt bring any ammo.

TheNextGen
06-09-2008, 04:52 PM
these Lakers are not that good of a team. they play good when they play against inferior teams but against REALLY good teams, they are exposed

Too bad for the Lakers, there is ONE really good team, the rest inferior.

xtremesteven33
06-09-2008, 05:44 PM
Too bad for the Lakers, there is ONE really good team, the rest inferior.

Any true BBALL expert knows had the spurs had at LEAST 2 days rest. we wouldve won that series.

the lakers had 6 days rest, and thier series with the jazz went 6 games.

TheNextGen
06-09-2008, 06:19 PM
Any true BBALL expert knows had the spurs had at LEAST 2 days rest. we wouldve won that series.

the lakers had 6 days rest, and thier series with the jazz went 6 games.

oh god..one day extra rest. Maybe we shoud have taken care of the Hornets faster. Dont give me that bullshit about an extra day. We sucked against the Lakers. We had a 20 point and 17 point lead and blew it. No need to find silly excuses.

endrity
06-09-2008, 07:17 PM
I know I am probably gonna sound like a sore loser, but the 06 Mavs might be one of the best teams to not win a title. They had it all really, depth, size, athleticism, shooters. There is no way these lakers can beat them unless, as you all pointed out, Kobe gets the Wade treatment. Look at what Rondo is doing to Fisher, and that was going to be similiar to Harris against him. Who does Rad defend? Odom was getting killed by Dirk on one leg this year, and Damp was doing the same to Odom on the boards.
It all comes down to how Kobe is officiated. It's a testament to how bad the league's officiating is that we believe that entire series will be decided by how the refs will call the game.

TheNextGen
06-09-2008, 07:19 PM
I know I am probably gonna sound like a sore loser, but the 06 Mavs might be one of the best teams to not win a title. They had it all really, depth, size, athleticism, shooters. There is no way these lakers can beat them unless, as you all pointed out, Kobe gets the Wade treatment. Look at what Rondo is doing to Fisher, and that was going to be similiar to Harris against him. Who does Rad defend? Odom was getting killed by Dirk on one leg this year, and Damp was doing the same to Odom on the boards.
It all comes down to how Kobe is officiated. It's a testament to how bad the league's officiating is that we believe that entire series will be decided by how the refs will call the game.

Well...we alos have to consider Kobe and Pau, two palyers you havent mentioned (tho u mentioned Kobe alot along with refs). Even without refs, Kobe has proved (especially in 2006) that he himself can own the Mavs...and will Dampier stop Pau Gasol?

endrity
06-09-2008, 07:28 PM
Well...we alos have to consider Kobe and Pau, two palyers you havent mentioned (tho u mentioned Kobe alot along with refs). Even without refs, Kobe has proved (especially in 2006) that he himself can own the Mavs...and will Dampier stop Pau Gasol?

My bad, when I mentioned Damp and Odom I meant Pau. Damp was outstanding against Pau this year. Pau is clearely a finesse player, and hates being banged around, and for all the grief Damp gets, he is one of the strongest centers in the league. He defended Shaq one on one for most stretches in 06, even though this was not a Shaq of years past.

Kobe had one amazingly great game against the Mavs.. but that doesn't happen every time. As I said it comes down to him, and as you can see from the last two series, if Kobe is not going to the line, he is not the explosive scorer we all know, yet still a great player. But the Mavs of 06 are sooo much better everywhere else, that only a Kobe parade to the line would change that.

21_Blessings
06-09-2008, 07:36 PM
Lakers in a sweep, easy. That Mavs team was pathetic. They beat an old Spurs team that the Lakers just stomped. Amareless Suns teams. Exposed in the finals while their farce of a superstar choked on his own dick.

1st round exit to the 8 seed the next year says it all. Fluke finals run.

bostonguy
06-09-2008, 07:45 PM
08 Lakers simply because of the Mavs lack of a lockdown defender. Wade treatment or not, Kobe would be getting to the hoop at will as he has always been able to do against the Mavericks defense. If the Mavs had a guy like Artest/Bowen on that team, then I would of liked the Mavs chances a tad bit more. The lack of a lockdown defender has been their biggest glaring weakness.

endrity
06-09-2008, 07:55 PM
08 Lakers simply because of the Mavs lack of a lockdown defender. Wade treatment or not, Kobe would be getting to the hoop at will as he has always been able to do against the Mavericks defense. If the Mavs had a guy like Artest/Bowen on that team, then I would of liked the Mavs chances a tad bit more. The lack of a lockdown defender has been their biggest glaring weakness.

This is certainly true. The failure to have a real 2 guard has been exposed over and over again.

endrity
06-09-2008, 07:56 PM
Lakers in a sweep, easy. That Mavs team was pathetic. They beat an old Spurs team that the Lakers just stomped. Amareless Suns teams. Exposed in the finals while their farce of a superstar choked on his own dick.

1st round exit to the 8 seed the next year says it all. Fluke finals run.

... which won the championship the next year.

We all know you are a douche, but at least try to be one by using correct facts.

Avitus1
06-09-2008, 10:48 PM
Mavs....

LakeShow
06-09-2008, 10:49 PM
Fantasy Forum!

pawe
06-10-2008, 12:39 AM
Mavs were an Iso team and I think that was their most effective weapon. Just imagine the 06 mavs against the 08 spurs..they would kill us 4-1..oh wait lakers just did that.

21_Blessings
06-10-2008, 01:08 AM
... which won the championship the next year.

Thanks to convicted felon Tim Donaghy and a bogus suspension. :lobt2:*

dg7md
06-10-2008, 01:33 AM
06 Mavs — they got Sterned for sure.

SpurOutofTownFan
06-10-2008, 10:42 AM
No one?

endrity
06-10-2008, 10:56 AM
Thanks to convicted felon Tim Donaghy and a bogus suspension. :lobt2:*

The Spurs were also 3-2 in games with Stat and Diaw. Not convinced that the Suns were better. The 06 Spurs were much better than the 08 version, reigning and future champs.

As people have said, the 06 Mavs got Sterned, and the only reason it didn't become a bigger issue nationally was that no one cares about Dallas and Cuban, Dirk is not a marketable star, while Wade and Shaq were.