PDA

View Full Version : Question for golfers out there......

Ballcox
06-09-2008, 04:25 PM
Just wondering how long you use a new golf ball. Not trying to brag about my golf game, I'm about a 12 handicap player and tend to play an entire round with just one ball.

So, is that ball still good for another round? Should I break out a new ball for the next round? I haven't heard a concrete response on how long a ball is good for, just wondering what other golfers out there have experienced. Thanks!:flag:

to21
06-09-2008, 04:29 PM
I have the same two balls since I started to golf.

johnsmith
06-09-2008, 04:36 PM
Just wondering how long you use a new golf ball. Not trying to brag about my golf game, I'm about a 12 handicap player and tend to play an entire round with just one ball.

So, is that ball still good for another round? Should I break out a new ball for the next round? I haven't heard a concrete response on how long a ball is good for, just wondering what other golfers out there have experienced. Thanks!:flag:

I'm a 13 handicap and I've never once thought about the question you just asked.

I use whichever ball is lucky enough to be taken out of my bag on any given morning.

dickface
06-09-2008, 04:37 PM
too many easy easy easy cheap jokes to be made in this thread. I fully expect peewee to break a record here.

leemajors
06-09-2008, 04:39 PM
in the days of balata this was probably more of an issue (losing compression etc). since you're a 12 though, play with it until you lose it or it gets scratched.

Thunder Dan
06-09-2008, 04:41 PM
I use a new ball on every par 3 just in case I get a hole in one it will look good on my wall--nobody wants to display a scuffed ball

Ed Helicopter Jones
06-09-2008, 05:09 PM
Whenever I get near water I do my best Tincup impersonation so I really can't help you much.

tlongII
06-09-2008, 09:13 PM
I suggest you play tougher courses.

T Park
06-09-2008, 09:51 PM
I use about 4 or 5.

Mine get scuffed pretty easily and thats obviously not a good thing.