PDA

View Full Version : Laura Bush understands Michelle Obama

06-09-2008, 08:36 PM
I don't understand why guys like Sean Hannity can't.

Laura Bush Praises Clinton, Defends Michelle Obama (http://blog.washingtonpost.com/the-trail/2008/06/09/laura_bush_defends_and_praises.html)

The first lady also suggested that Obama's wife, Michelle, probably did not intend to say, as she did in February, that she was proud of America for "the first time" because of her husband's candidacy.

"I think she probably meant I'm more proud, you know, is what she really meant," Bush said. "You have to be really careful in what you say, because everything you say is looked at and, in many cases, misconstrued."

Michelle Obama later clarified the remark, saying she was always proud of America.

Yonivore
06-09-2008, 08:38 PM
I don't understand why guys like Sean Hannity can't.

Laura Bush Praises Clinton, Defends Michelle Obama (http://blog.washingtonpost.com/the-trail/2008/06/09/laura_bush_defends_and_praises.html)

The first lady also suggested that Obama's wife, Michelle, probably did not intend to say, as she did in February, that she was proud of America for "the first time" because of her husband's candidacy.

"I think she probably meant I'm more proud, you know, is what she really meant," Bush said. "You have to be really careful in what you say, because everything you say is looked at and, in many cases, misconstrued."

Michelle Obama later clarified the remark, saying she was always proud of America.
Laura Bush is a very gracious lady.

06-09-2008, 09:01 PM
A very intelligent one for sure with plenty of common sense.

balli
06-09-2008, 09:05 PM
And a chain/closet smoker.

xrayzebra
06-09-2008, 09:06 PM
And a chain/closet smoker.

Which proves what? Your jealous?

balli
06-09-2008, 09:24 PM
Which proves what? Your jealous?

Ray, I don't smoke cigarettes. How about you back the fuck off about my personal life and quit following me around. Fucking cocksucker.

And- I think you meant "you're"

Wild Cobra
06-10-2008, 02:21 PM
She simply knows better than to say something that can be taken wrong.

Good form.

JoeChalupa
06-10-2008, 02:55 PM
She simply knows better than to say something that can be taken wrong.

Good form.

You mean like we took the crap coming out of her husband's pie hole wrong?

Wild Cobra
06-10-2008, 03:35 PM
You mean like we took the crap coming out of her husband's pie hole wrong?
As first lady, she's not expected to make statements regarding policies, etc. The president doesn't have the luxury of making statements that demonrats cannot take out of context, or otherwise spin.