06-09-2008, 09:19 PM
http://www.nba.com/media/act_carlos_arroyo.jpg

Carlos Arroyo | G
Born: Jul 30, 1979
Height: 6-2 / 1,88
Weight: 202 lbs. / 91,6 kg.
College: Florida International
Years Pro: 6

Info (http://www.nba.com/playerfile/carlos_arroyo/index.html)

Cocky SOB. He might be alright on a small contract.

AFBlue
06-09-2008, 09:22 PM
Not sure....

He has some primadonna issues, but if he were to sign a relatively cheap contract (LLE?) and come in knowing his role....he could be effective as a backup to Tony.

Bob Lanier
06-09-2008, 09:25 PM
:lol

Pop wants his backup point guards to be able to shoot. He can't shoot. Which is a bit of a problem for him, because when he isn't given carte blanche to dribble out the shot clock in order to set up a highlight-reel no-look pass, he feels that the only way he can impact a game is by jacking up every halfway-open off-balance fadeaway he can.

And he doesn't play defense. Not because he doesn't try: he does hustle; but he's weak and he's slow.

He has the skill to be a starting-caliber NBA point guard, but he has no patience. Pop wouldn't put up with him any more than Larry Brown or Jerry Sloan did.

NewJerSpur
06-09-2008, 09:26 PM
Could do worse. He showed a lot of promise in Detroit and then just fell off the map a bit in Orlando (i.e. backing up Jameer Nelson). He's definitely not scared to shoot the ball and is effective off the dribble. At least his play wouldn't hurt the team, but might we look draft first?

angelbelow
06-09-2008, 09:28 PM
skills are strictly offensive, plays poor defense, and was deemed unstartable by jerry sloan and eventually traded. hopefully he has matured from whatever problem he had.

SPURSGOAT
06-09-2008, 09:31 PM
meh... just get a backup PG in the second round of the draft.

bigdog
06-09-2008, 09:44 PM
well, he killed the USA in international play, and to me he shot pretty well.

I think this guy has all-star potential. he hasn't been given much of a chance with Orlando, but he showed some good signs in Detroit.

If this guy can get here on a small deal, maybe 2 years, 4 million, I wouldn't mind him.

Mr.Bottomtooth
06-09-2008, 10:00 PM
I wouldn't mind.

T Park
06-09-2008, 10:27 PM
Eh, not a big fan.