06-09-2008, 09:22 PM
http://www.nba.com/media/act_maurice_evans.jpg

Maurice Evans | G
Born: Nov 8, 1978
Height: 6-5 / 1,96
Weight: 220 lbs. / 99,8 kg.
College: Texas
Years Pro: 4

Info (http://www.nba.com/playerfile/maurice_evans/index.html)

Role player swingman.

exstatic
06-09-2008, 09:24 PM
Maybe, if that Laker pong wafts away.

Bob Lanier
06-09-2008, 09:31 PM
He's developed his corner 3-pointer nicely. It's now somewhat reliable. No other offensive skills outside of a dunk on a fast break or broken play; is a poor finisher when he can't dunk. No midrange game. Plays no defense, but he's willing to throw his body around for loose balls and is a good offensive-rebounding guard (though not much of a defensive-rebounder). Has the basketball IQ of a gnat. A very impressively muscled, Mike Tyson-looking gnat, but a gnat nonetheless.

He has no role on a good team.

NewJerSpur
06-09-2008, 09:34 PM
He also has a bright smile....judging by that photo anyway.

angelbelow
06-09-2008, 09:43 PM
could be a possbility, the spurs wanted him early in evans career but evans chose to goto the pistons.

manufor3
06-12-2008, 04:19 PM
I love this guy. Let's go after him

hater
06-12-2008, 04:22 PM
don't like him at all. I remember in Detroit Flip loved him and played him and he would cost his team leads and points.

He is bad luck IMO

urunobili
06-12-2008, 04:26 PM
don't like him at all. I remember in Detroit Flip loved him and played him and he would cost his team leads and points.

He is bad luck IMO

he just needs to be in the right environment and the bad luck thing goeas away.... i see a Spur there...

RuffnReadyOzStyle
06-12-2008, 09:45 PM
He's developed his corner 3-pointer nicely. It's now somewhat reliable. No other offensive skills outside of a dunk on a fast break or broken play; is a poor finisher when he can't dunk. No midrange game. Plays no defense, but he's willing to throw his body around for loose balls and is a good offensive-rebounding guard (though not much of a defensive-rebounder). Has the basketball IQ of a gnat. A very impressively muscled, Mike Tyson-looking gnat, but a gnat nonetheless.

He has no role on a good team.

That's not the guy I've seen. I've seen him hit midrange Js all day.

If we can get him cheap, I'd love to have him around.

manufor3
07-03-2008, 08:02 PM
i think if we really need to go after this guy, he's a great player

K-State Spur
07-03-2008, 09:07 PM
He's a fellow Wichitan, but I don't think he suits what the team needs. He's athletic, but that has only modestly translated to his actual skills. He shot the ball better last year, but his track record isn't as good.

Marcus Bryant
07-10-2008, 11:54 PM
Spurs might as well add another younger athlete to the swingman rotation. Can shoot the 3. Spurs have, just like Mason, tried to sign him before.

Cant_Be_Faded
07-11-2008, 12:04 AM
Spurs might as well add another younger athlete to the swingman rotation. Can shoot the 3. Spurs have, just like Mason, tried to sign him before.

You forgot the added bonus of his height being six foot five!

Marcus Bryant
07-11-2008, 12:05 AM
And he can jump more than two inches higher than Barry or Finley.

Cant_Be_Faded
07-11-2008, 12:06 AM
Look, if you're gonna try to sell me the "getting younger is a good thing even though they're undersized" kool-aid, I ain't friggin buyin.

The common swingman in the West can already jump that much higher, if not more, and they're taller....

Marcus Bryant
07-11-2008, 12:07 AM
Then they sign Barnes who's listed at 6'7". Other than that, maybe they find someone to give them a tall SF for Bonner.

Cant_Be_Faded
07-11-2008, 12:09 AM
I'd like Evans if we didn't have RMJ. But we need a non-old 6'7" guy. Hopefully someone wants Bonner.

T Park
07-11-2008, 12:12 AM
I'd like Evans if we didn't have RMJ. But we need a non-old 6'7" guy. Hopefully someone wants Bonner.

So does 90% of the NBA.

Good luck.

spurman20
07-11-2008, 12:14 AM
Hes Udoka with speed and hops

timvp
07-11-2008, 12:14 AM
Usually I want the Spurs to get that elusive Long Three but after seeing the Celtics win the championship with James Posey as their fourth quarter power forward, it's pretty obvious that you don't need size to win in the NBA anymore. Not too long ago someone like Posey at power forward would have been destroyed. With the new rules, they can survive.

If the Spurs share CBF's obsession for size, going after Herrmann or Barnes would make sense (or dare I say LJIII). Either that or somehow getting Dorell Wright out of Miami would solve that problem.

Obstructed_View
07-11-2008, 12:21 AM
It's the "somehow" that's the trick.

Marcus Bryant
07-11-2008, 12:21 AM
Barnes is a UFA, so he would be an obvious target. The Spurs had interest in other players, many RFAs, but that was when they had the full MLE available.

Barnes may be able to find a good chunk of someone's MLE. Maybe not.

2 Ginobili
3 Bowen

2 Mason
2/3 Udoka
3 Barnes

Not spectacular, but that would be a younger and more athletic swingman rotation.

Streakyshooter08
07-23-2008, 08:39 AM
Looks like Evans is signed by the Warriors for 6.4 mio/3 years...

"The Warriors have until Friday to match the offer, but two NBA sources said they will not because they signed forward Maurice Evans, who split time between the Lakers and Orlando last season, to a three-year, $6.4 million deal."

http://www.pe.com/sports/breakout/stories/PE_Sports_Local_W_camby_22.19ec753.html

The Warriors now have a lot of wings. Rumors are floating that they will try to move Ellis or Jackson.

If the Spurs just could get a hand on Jackson... :depressed

SenorSpur
07-23-2008, 09:57 AM
Usually I want the Spurs to get that elusive Long Three but after seeing the Celtics win the championship with James Posey as their fourth quarter power forward, it's pretty obvious that you don't need size to win in the NBA anymore. Not too long ago someone like Posey at power forward would have been destroyed. With the new rules, they can survive.

If the Spurs share CBF's obsession for size, going after Herrmann or Barnes would make sense (or dare I say LJIII). Either that or somehow getting Dorell Wright out of Miami would solve that problem.

Anybody know the status on Dorell Wright?

Big P
07-23-2008, 10:04 AM
Anybody know the status on Dorell Wright?

He's restricted & the Heat have said they will match offers for him..we have nothing to trade for him & no money to offer him a contract.

SenorSpur
07-23-2008, 10:07 AM
Well, looks the the FA swingman bargain basement bin is virtually empty.

xtremesteven33
07-23-2008, 10:25 AM
If the Spurs just could get a hand on Jackson... :depressed

theres like a 2% chance that Jackson would come back. only way that could happen would be...

-jackson does not want to come off bench which leads him to demand to be traded.
-warriors like the idea of getting a versatile big man like BONNER and a good tough swingman that is Udoka. and maybe a couple of draft picks.....

id do anything to have action jackson back with us.:depressed

angelbelow
07-23-2008, 02:17 PM
wonder if we made an offer to mo, if we did most likely the lle which the warriors contract exceeds.