PDA

View Full Version : Invite Trade!

Sense
06-10-2008, 12:40 AM
hey guys... I've recently been looking for more torrent site invites... any of you have what.cd or waffles.fm? maybe torrentleech.org invites theyd like to trade for a demonoid invite?

mouse
06-10-2008, 01:08 AM
How does the invite work? I heard if you join one of those private Torrent sites you must seed so many files or you lose your membership. Since I wipe our my HD every 30 days would I be able to stay a member as long as I load up on files?

Sense
06-10-2008, 01:13 AM
good question but I think you'd still be able to be a member... if you can do good seeding for 30 days... you're set.. right now I have a 3.75 ratio... so I'm pretty good... you're supposed to do atleast 1.0 ratio to be able to keep getting stuff from torrent sites... atleast the good ones...

This is a good thing tho... for people who are members... you will almost always have someone seeding making your download alot faster...

the way I see it... I seed daily.. but I download almost daily aswell... if you can download a 1 gig program lets say... in order to be on the safe side.. I'd say atleast get a 2.0 ratio on it and keep downloading..
so all in all... you can be a member..just make sure you seed alot before you clear your HD.

or the person who gave you an invite will also suffer for it... for they also get banned.

Trainwreck2100
06-10-2008, 01:20 AM
How does the invite work? I heard if you join one of those private Torrent sites you must seed so many files or you lose your membership. Since I wipe our my HD every 30 days would I be able to stay a member as long as I load up on files?

As long as you seed more then what you download you should be fine. If you download a 1.5 gig movie, you just have to reup 1.5 gigs. You're torrent program should tell you how much of what file you upload.

mouse
06-10-2008, 02:03 AM
Thanks for the two replies! Right now I use BtJunkie and eMule so I get about 10 or more viruses / Trojans a day.

Most of the warnings I get I click on Do nothing If not then the key maker or crack code to the game or software won't work. So I download the program or game burn it to DVD or CD then I do a boot up scan to clean the PC

If you delete all the warnings your files will be incomplete and may not work right,

Another question i have do the private torrent sites go by what you share?

Like lets say you download 4GBs of South park shows but your only sharing 4GBs of Saved by the bell, will they complain that your taking the good stuff and sharing the crap?

Sense
06-10-2008, 04:15 PM
Thanks for the two replies! Right now I use BtJunkie and eMule so I get about 10 or more viruses / Trojans a day.

Most of the warnings I get I click on Do nothing If not then the key maker or crack code to the game or software won't work. So I download the program or game burn it to DVD or CD then I do a boot up scan to clean the PC

If you delete all the warnings your files will be incomplete and may not work right,

Another question i have do the private torrent sites go by what you share?

Like lets say you download 4GBs of South park shows but your only sharing 4GBs of Saved by the bell, will they complain that your taking the good stuff and sharing the crap?

lol no....

as long as your ratio is good its all good....

I don't recommend you do that though...seeding a 1.0 ratio isn't that hard to do...

PM5K
06-10-2008, 04:28 PM
Why do you wipe your hard drive every thirty days?

mouse
06-10-2008, 07:51 PM
Why do you wipe your hard drive every thirty days?

For many reasons.

1: I don't have to activate windows.

2: usually I sell my PC before a month is over so I have no choice.

3: It keeps my PC running smooth and I don't need to have to worry about all the infections that Avast did not find

4:If I have to pawn one of my PCs they want it to be registered under my girlfriends name her drivers license is not expired like mine. The folks at the pawnshop haven't figured out that the registration name does not mean that person paid for the PC. :lmao

5: I get to use many programs for free that have 30 day trail periods.

6: I always find a customer that needs a HD so I never like to fill mine with to much personal crap.

7: Sadly sometimes to try a windows disc I copied. I know i need a life but sometimes if I am really bored.

:wakeup

Heath Ledger
06-10-2008, 09:07 PM
You guys are crazy tens of thousands of peope are getting letter from the music/movie industries forcing you to settle for cheese or go to court and face huge fines/jail.

Trainwreck2100
06-10-2008, 09:19 PM
You guys are crazy tens of thousands of peope are getting letter from the music/movie industries forcing you to settle for cheese or go to court and face huge fines/jail.

They would need to prove that nobody is leeching off of my wifi
:bang

mouse
06-10-2008, 09:40 PM

And who that you know has gone to jail?
:wakeup

Tippecanoe
06-10-2008, 10:24 PM
i have a couple of invites to sport-scene.net, if anyone want one, PM me

mouse
06-10-2008, 11:31 PM

Dude if you use KAZA or download from any University or collage?
you will receive the mass law suit notices that the software sends out.

Most people and collage students just end up paying the money to avoid any legal action. Along with the average tax payer.

But if your some lowlife that lives in some cheesy apartments or in a single wide trailer? The Music industry does not want your 6.00 dollars a month, your not worth the court fees.

Go Google Kaza and collage students.

mouse
06-10-2008, 11:35 PM
I am seriously thinking about challenging the music,movie/software industry on the sharing policies they enforce it's unconstitutional.
I am almost certain i can win under the supream court jurisdiction.

Sense
06-10-2008, 11:44 PM

the people that get caught are the real pirates... who have alot of computers in a certain place getting cd's... movies... etc and burning them for sale...

normal people that use it as entertainment don't really use it for profit.... most of us atleast...

im not worried one bit.... i don't overdo it either.....

Sense
06-10-2008, 11:46 PM

do you need one? Im looking at the torrents without signing up..

Heath Ledger
06-12-2008, 12:27 PM
i guess you didnt hear about the single mom who got a few hundred thousand dollar lawsuit slapped againt her and lost. over downloading some songs. she tried the old wifi argument and the courts were not buying it, thousands of cases like this are happening over the country with the average person settling for $10.000 to avoid going to court. dont say i didnt warn you. even with peer guarding you are still not safe.

Sense
06-12-2008, 03:14 PM
i guess you didnt hear about the single mom who got a few hundred thousand dollar lawsuit slapped againt her and lost. over downloading some songs. she tried the old wifi argument and the courts were not buying it, thousands of cases like this are happening over the country with the average person settling for $10.000 to avoid going to court. dont say i didnt warn you. even with peer guarding you are still not safe.

lol ok... you hear about 1 single mom... and all of a sudden they're going to get millions....

Heath Ledger
06-12-2008, 04:48 PM
im telling you right now there are tens of thousands of people getting these letters right now, especially from the music industry. when you use a torrent whether you like it or not you are sharing the files with dozens if not hundreds of other people, this is what makes it illegal. i suggest you educate yourself about this, its not as light of an issue as you think. im not against piracy shit ive done it myself but right now is not a good time to do it, torrents are not safe, your ip is exposed to everyone you send bits and pieces of data too and that is all they need to bust your ass and make you settle out of court.

Sense
06-12-2008, 08:54 PM
im telling you right now there are tens of thousands of people getting these letters right now, especially from the music industry. when you use a torrent whether you like it or not you are sharing the files with dozens if not hundreds of other people, this is what makes it illegal. i suggest you educate yourself about this, its not as light of an issue as you think. im not against piracy shit ive done it myself but right now is not a good time to do it, torrents are not safe, your ip is exposed to everyone you send bits and pieces of data too and that is all they need to bust your ass and make you settle out of court.

i think what you should be talking about is the uploaders.. the people who put it out there... those people are who are at risk... it's just too much to say that they're cracking down on the people who download music.... it's ridiculous... now people who upload everything... and distribute it.. that's when it gets serious... people who get dvd rips, etc. and I'm still not worried...

Heath Ledger
06-13-2008, 03:07 AM
jackass if you are doing torrents you are an uploader as u download bits and pieces of data go right back out to evrybody else downloading that file riaa and mpaa are getting isps to basicly narc on their customers now

Sense
06-13-2008, 03:20 PM
jackass if you are doing torrents you are an uploader as u download bits and pieces of data go right back out to evrybody else downloading that file riaa and mpaa are getting isps to basicly narc on their customers now

no shit?

I think I did specify... the people who put it out there for us.... obviously seeding is sharing... but we didn't get out hands on it from the original source... someone else did... and im pretty sure that someone is more at risk than millions of people... because its not only thousands that download.

Heath Ledger
06-13-2008, 03:24 PM
Your assumptions will not pay for your legal bills. Your logic is flawed.

Sense
06-13-2008, 03:26 PM
whatever man... you keep being scared... I'll do what I do.

Heath Ledger
06-13-2008, 03:38 PM
It's not scared, its smart. I'll be you have lots of unprotected sex and all kinds of diseases to boot.

Hank the Tank
06-13-2008, 04:09 PM
It's not scared, its smart. I'll be you have lots of unprotected sex and all kinds of diseases to boot.

we're talking about torrents and you bring up unprotected sex? :lmao

cmon now heath...paranoid much? that was the most ridiculous comparison i've ever heard.

Sense
06-13-2008, 08:12 PM
we're talking about torrents and you bring up unprotected sex? :lmao

cmon now heath...paranoid much? that was the most ridiculous comparison i've ever heard.

lmao exactly... wtf kind of comparison is that..:lol

sabar
06-15-2008, 01:54 AM
You won't get prosecuted for uploading or downloading files from torrents, it's near impossible for any lawyer to come up with any evidence. The random bits you receive and send could be part of anything and the torrent file itself has no copyrighted data. Unless your ripping the stuff yourself or dumb enough to seed 5gb files over and over, there's no reason anyone would suspect you.

Sense
06-16-2008, 01:12 AM
You won't get prosecuted for uploading or downloading files from torrents, it's near impossible for any lawyer to come up with any evidence. The random bits you receive and send could be part of anything and the torrent file itself has no copyrighted data. Unless your ripping the stuff yourself or dumb enough to seed 5gb files over and over, there's no reason anyone would suspect you.

THANK YOU!

obviously someone who does it knows a hell of a lot more than someone who isnt willing to take the risk..

because we know the risk and we know its very highly unlikely to happen...

you however... are scared my friend

Heath Ledger
06-17-2008, 10:11 AM
yeah im scared, thats why i have about 2tb worth of free shit.

mouse
06-17-2008, 12:45 PM

Can you send me another invite? I only have 1 GB left on this cheesy HD and I deleted many PMs one was yours. I will have another HD ready to go By Friday! :tu