PDA

View Full Version : Dragon Ball movie (2009)

Sense
06-10-2008, 12:55 AM
I don't quite know for sure if this has been posted....

as a kid I used to be a fan of this just like many all over the world... and I have to say I don't know how to feel about this movie...

until I see it for sure I'm going to go ahead and say that this movie will kill Dragon Ball as we know it.... I mean having Justin Chatwin as goku... i dont know...

http://www.dragonballmovieblog.net/wp-content/gallery/set-photos/goku-1.jpg

let's hope it's a good one..

gallery here..
http://www.dragonballmovieblog.net/gallery/?pid=60

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1098327/

Mister Sinister
06-10-2008, 12:57 AM
Sweet fuck no.

E20
06-10-2008, 01:07 AM
I've heard about this and never really seen the actors, but after seeing who is playing Goku...............................In the Name of everything that is good, bad, holy, and everything in between PLEASE DO NOT MAKE THIS MOVIE COME THROUGH.

Trainwreck2100
06-10-2008, 01:07 AM
The turtle from kung fu panda is in it

Trainwreck2100
06-10-2008, 01:10 AM
I've heard about this and never really seen the actors, but after seeing who is playing Goku...............................In the Name of everything that is good, bad, holy, and everything in between PLEASE DO NOT MAKE THIS MOVIE COME THROUGH.

its set to be released on 4/9

E20
06-10-2008, 01:11 AM
Chow Yun Fat as master roshi? What happend ot the baldness, the beardness, an the goofy looking glasses? WTF is gonna play piccolo? You can't fucking make a live action movie after an anime. The looks do not match.

Trainwreck2100
06-10-2008, 01:22 AM
Chow Yun Fat as master roshi? What happend ot the baldness, the beardness, an the goofy looking glasses? WTF is gonna play piccolo? You can't fucking make a live action movie after an anime. The looks do not match.

spike from Angel is playing piccollo, but it might be king piccollo, not other piccolo.

E20
06-10-2008, 01:24 AM
I hope I die before this movie is released.

Sense
06-10-2008, 01:27 AM
let's just hope they know what they are doing....

this movie has goku in high school.......

wtf..

ehh... lets hope.

pawe
06-10-2008, 01:29 AM
its gonna be a bloody mess. Is it going to be a matrix type of fighting or are they gonna stay true to the anime style? a lot of geeks are gonna be disappointed.

E20
06-10-2008, 01:30 AM
let's just hope they know what they are doing....

this movie has goku in high school.......
wtf..

ehh... lets hope.

I don't know whether to laugh or cry at that. I'm doing both actually. :lmao :cry

Sense
06-10-2008, 01:31 AM
I don't know whether to laugh or cry at that. I'm doing both actually. :lmao :cry

well they claimed it wasnt going to be that much... maybe a mere couple of minutes in the movie...

but still that just sticks to my head...

THATS NOT THE WAY ITS SUPPOSED TO BE!

then i hope....

E20
06-10-2008, 01:33 AM
I might record a monologue of myself saying NO to this movie and post it on youtube. FUCK

Luke Skywalker
06-10-2008, 10:02 AM
Hollywood grasping at straws to make money now. The Toonami generation is what, like 25 years old by now? No ones going to see this, the people that made the show popular back then are older now and just won't care enough to see it.

Cant_Be_Faded
06-10-2008, 01:01 PM
It's going to be matrix style fighting or something new. The only thing we can hope for is it pushes the genre of martial arts enhanced by computer technology.

Anime fight scenes cannot be transposed into real film..........or can they?

Brutalis
06-10-2008, 02:15 PM
Is this a joke? Cartoon movie?

Brutalis
06-10-2008, 02:18 PM
I don't understand why so many older folks, 20+ are into this stuff?

I like adult anime. You know, adult related situations and logic. Not a whole lot, but this has to be for kids or something. Or am I missing something here?

E20
06-10-2008, 02:22 PM

I like adult anime. You know, adult related situations and logic. Not a whole lot, but this has to be for kids or something. Or am I missing something here?

Dragonball/Dragonball Z had some pretty mature scenes/situations/subjects, but it was heavily condensed in the English dub to suit younger audiences. Same thing with Yugioh, it dealt with the occult and religons/mature topics, but that was super duber uberly condensed to fit younger audiences here.

HOwever, this film is set to fail on epic porportions.

Kriz-Maxima
06-10-2008, 02:54 PM
NOOOOOO!

How the fuck are they gonna make the fight scenes work!?

I blame Steven Spielberg and George Lucas for this.

Sense
06-10-2008, 04:13 PM

Dude... Dragon Ball came out in 1986... and it became a huge deal...

If you don't know about it i don't know what kind of cartoons you were into... but you have to check it out now... id still do it...

best cartoon ever as a kid...

Mr.Bottomtooth
06-10-2008, 04:39 PM
What pissed me off about the cartoon is that in the duration of a full episode, it was really like 5 minutes of the event taking place.

Trainwreck2100
06-10-2008, 04:44 PM
Like when frieza blew up namek and said there was 5 minutes before it would blow. And then it took like 15 episodes to resolve

E20
06-10-2008, 04:59 PM
Well, technically, they are all faster then the speed of light, so since they are moving and talking at such high speeds time will move slower for them.

Avitus1
06-10-2008, 05:42 PM
Never liked Dragon Ball but hell casting life actors for an anime show is retarded.

Sense
06-10-2008, 11:56 PM
Well, technically, they are all faster then the speed of light, so since they are moving and talking at such high speeds time will move slower for them.

LOL...

i think it was a good thing that they made it so long.... it made it interesting.... and worth the watch

velik_m
06-11-2008, 12:08 AM
WTF? This is so wrong on so many levels... Whoever came up with the idea should be removed from the gene pool.

E20
06-11-2008, 06:00 PM
Here is Goku vs Superman, didn't wanna make a new thread adn thought this was the best place to put it. It's a good fight, but the thought of Superman being able to fight Goku is laughable. Goku would kill superman with a goddamn punch.

FGvT-mk-1VA

Mister Sinister
06-11-2008, 09:48 PM
Ki counts as magic, and magic can hurt Supes. I think.

Sense
06-11-2008, 09:49 PM
yeah i always thought Goku as the Leonidas of the Saiyans....

thats why the manga is so kick ass

J.T.
06-11-2008, 09:54 PM
100 hit combo only takes out half of Superman's life bar and then like immediately after that he does a 16 hit combo and it takes out about half of the remaining bar (so like 25% of the total bar). So let me get this straight... four 16 hit combos would be a KO in that game (64 hit total) but 100 only is only 50% damage?

Dude, wtf?

J.T.
06-11-2008, 09:58 PM
What game is that anyway I've never seen a game with Superman and Dragonball Z in the same game.

E20
06-11-2008, 11:01 PM
What game is that anyway I've never seen a game with Superman and Dragonball Z in the same game.

The game is Mugen and it is basically a free for all, if you got the skillz you can techinally put yourself in the game as a character. There are plugins and updates for nearly every single character EVER. Ryu, Ken, Liu Kang, Fat Albert, Homer, Peter Griffen, the chicken who doesn't like Peter, Krusty, Stewie, Goku, Vegeta, Rugal, Steve Urkel, Mario, Zelda, Pikachu, Kirby, mostly any major/minor video game/cartoon character you can think of is in this game. It's for the PC. Also the levels, background music, and power/health bars are all customizable.

Also the reason Goku does so damage depends on the programming of the character, there are some characters who can beat people with 1 attack, they are usually just made for challenges for people to beat with normal character. Also in that video for the most part Superman was invulernable to most of his attacks except his crazy combos. Here's some videos
Evil Ken and Evil Ryu video:
zidbgMA4CJk

Shin Gouki vs Vega
QsD3zLaGpjc

Peter vs Homer
_mACETm_oiM

Luke Skywalker
06-12-2008, 01:28 AM
Anyone that is interested in owning Dragonball Z anime on DVD, I can sell you copies of the whole series, all of the movies, plus the original series Dragonball and Dragonball GT for only $50 plus the cost of a 100 pack DVD-R spindle. It takes 94 discs. It's completely uncut in Japanese, but it has no subtitles or English language version. Actually if anyone has the English version or subtitles for it, I'd love to put them on these DVDs but I have no idea how.

But IMO the English version is really bad. The translation is awful and not really accurate at times.

E20
06-12-2008, 01:33 AM
Anyone that is interested in owning Dragonball Z anime on DVD, I can sell you copies of the whole series, all of the movies, plus the original series Dragonball and Dragonball GT for only $50 plus the cost of a 100 pack DVD-R spindle. It takes 94 discs. It's completely uncut in Japanese, but it has no subtitles or English language version. Actually if anyone has the English version or subtitles for it, I'd love to put them on these DVDs but I have no idea how.

But IMO the English version is really bad. The translation is awful and not really accurate at times.

I have all 291 Episodes with English subtitles pretty good quality and most of the movies with subs as well except movies for 1,2,4,10,11. I also have the fairly uknown OVA. I got them via torrents.

Trainwreck2100
06-12-2008, 01:39 AM

The first time gohan fought he called his Masenko the kamehameha

J.T.
06-12-2008, 02:04 AM
I have all 291 Episodes with English subtitles pretty good quality and most of the movies with subs as well except movies for 1,2,4,10,11. I also have the fairly uknown OVA. I got them via torrents.

I think he meant like actual dvds you can watch on your tv but I'm sure you can you can find it on the internet without paying for it, lol what a scammer.

Mr.Bottomtooth
06-12-2008, 09:15 AM
The game is Mugen and it is basically a free for all, if you got the skillz you can techinally put yourself in the game as a character. There are plugins and updates for nearly every single character EVER. Ryu, Ken, Liu Kang, Fat Albert, Homer, Peter Griffen, the chicken who doesn't like Peter, Krusty, Stewie, Goku, Vegeta, Rugal, Steve Urkel, Mario, Zelda, Pikachu, Kirby, mostly any major/minor video game/cartoon character you can think of is in this game. It's for the PC. Also the levels, background music, and power/health bars are all customizable.

Also the reason Goku does so damage depends on the programming of the character, there are some characters who can beat people with 1 attack, they are usually just made for challenges for people to beat with normal character. Also in that video for the most part Superman was invulernable to most of his attacks except his crazy combos. Here's some videos
Evil Ken and Evil Ryu video:
zidbgMA4CJk

Shin Gouki vs Vega
QsD3zLaGpjc

Peter vs Homer
_mACETm_oiM

Link to the game?

E20
06-12-2008, 11:43 AM
Link to the game?
When you download the initial program all it is is a character select screen with 1 character and 1 level and no BG music, so you are gonna have to do a lot of manual work by searching and finding characters, levels, skins, and music. So as sort of a head start download a pre rendered MUGEN off a torrent like this:
http://www.mininova.org/tor/801429
or this
http://www.mininova.org/tor/1085526

Then customize it like you want by searching on the net. If you need a tutorial go to youtube and type in Mugen tutorial. The guy has a douchey voice, but it helps.

Mr.Bottomtooth
06-12-2008, 12:00 PM
Thanks.

Sense
06-12-2008, 03:17 PM

I agree... I watched it from the Mexican channels and they had all of the series before cartoon network did.. and in my opinion translated better... I just couldn't stand watching it in English... just wasn't the same.

rayray2k8
06-13-2008, 12:54 PM
These are the characters so far..
James Masters is the one who plays Piccolo.
Master has said that he signed on for 2 more movies, suggesting
that he will be in the DBZ saga.
From what I know, Goku is a student and meets the majority of the main
characters there.
Sorry about the large pics, didnt know how to make them smaller.

http://img388.imageshack.us/img388/3028/roadshow1nm4.jpg
http://img105.imageshack.us/img105/2631/roadshow2es7.jpg
http://img137.imageshack.us/img137/6051/roadshow3iw0.jpg
http://img402.imageshack.us/img402/9007/roadshow4ej3.jpg

Here is a top secret pic of Piccolo, but im not sure if it is real.
If you ask me, it kind looks like the
bat suit. :lol
http://dbthemovie.com/images/piccolo.jpg

Here's Masters on the piccolo, dbz and how 20th Century Fox has told him not to speak about the film or what happens.
Worth a look.

Z6wc3Yo2xds

Sense
06-13-2008, 03:18 PM
im glad masters is into his role and he's a fan of the manga as well.... that shows he's committed to make the movie good... so that's why im skeptical about it.....

Hank the Tank
06-13-2008, 04:01 PM
:lmao those pics are hilarious.

the movie is gonna be so bad. i'll watch it though to get a good laugh. anime to life action movie is definitely a no no.

i wish that legend of zelda aprils fool joke was an actual movie too. that looked so bad it would be great.

SA Pride
06-13-2008, 08:38 PM
This will not end well....

rayray2k8
06-14-2008, 02:25 PM
You never know..
I'm optimistic about it.

Dex
06-14-2008, 02:38 PM
Man, this movie looks bad, and that's even trying to give it the benefit of the doubt.

The actors don't look like the characters.
The storyline has already been mangled.
The costume design looks nothing like the original series.
Chow-Yun Fat as Master Roshi is a sellout and a joke.
Even the Dragonball doesn't freaking look right.

It's like they are taking the names and characters and throwing them in a completely different environment.

I'm pretty sure they done fucked this one up already.

Cant_Be_Faded
06-14-2008, 02:40 PM
Damn i'd fuck Bulma with my kamehameha wave

fo'sho'

J.T.
06-14-2008, 03:55 PM
The actors don't look like the characters.

What do you expect when they try to make a live action film based on a cartoon with spikey haired characters and aliens? This is probably a nightmare for the costume and makeup department on this film. And it won't have a LOTR/Star Wars type of budget so it is bound to suck.

Dex
06-14-2008, 04:15 PM
What do you expect when they try to make a live action film based on a cartoon with spikey haired characters and aliens? This is probably a nightmare for the costume and makeup department on this film. And it won't have a LOTR/Star Wars type of budget so it is bound to suck.

I know they're not going to give the gigantic sparkling eyes and make their hair actually blue and stand three feet tall, but at least find actors who actually RESEMBLE the character they are supposed to be representing.

Bulma and Chi-Chi are about the only two that might hit the mark. Then you've got some baby-faced Shia LaBeouf wannabe playing Goku. And I'm glad that Chow Yun-Fat knows karate and all, but thats about the only resembles he has to Roshi. There aren't any gray-beared geezers acting these days?

Trust me, I already expected this movie to suck. I just didn't expect them to TRY to make it suck.