PDA

View Full Version : What happened to this guy? Darius Miles

MoSpur
06-10-2008, 09:07 AM
I know he was/is with Portland, but what is his status? Just wondering. Did he have an injury? Is he under contract with Portland still or is he a free agent?

MoSpur
06-10-2008, 09:08 AM
http://www.nba.com/playerfile/darius_miles/

Steve-O-Matic
06-10-2008, 09:30 AM
His knees ares shot and he hasn't played in over 2 seasons. The Blazers have been trying to get him to accept an injury settlement/buyout and retire, but he continues to consciously accept paychecks at the rate of $8M/year knowing that he's about as mobile as Fred Sanford these days.

Big P
06-10-2008, 09:40 AM
I thought I read that he did indeed retire last month & his salary is coming off Portlands books.

MiamiHeat
06-10-2008, 10:09 AM
lol, if it was me, I would collect every penny of my contract. no way I give up 8mil/year

I would try my hardest to come back and play, but if my body is just ruined, I still want my entire contract :)

Big P
06-10-2008, 10:23 AM
lol, if it was me, I would collect every penny of my contract. no way I give up 8mil/year

I would try my hardest to come back and play, but if my body is just ruined, I still want my entire contract :)

He still gets his entire contract, its just that the insurance company, not Portland is paying him his salary.

jack sommerset
06-10-2008, 10:41 AM

I would try my hardest to come back and play, but if my body is just ruined, I still want my entire contract :)0

Amen brother. Seriously it makes me sick to hear idiots say otherwise. The funny thing there is absolutly nothing wrong with it. You get hurt the employer pays 4 it.

"fuck that guy, I don't care if his knee blew up against the Timberwolves driving to the basket trying to help the Sonics win the game, he does not deserve the money the CONTRACT says he does. I don't care about labor laws"

MoSpur
06-10-2008, 10:42 AM
The guy was very athletic

PDXSpursFan
06-10-2008, 10:45 AM
Darius Miles career is over because of his knee. He was the last Jailblazers on the roster. However, despite his bad name, here is an interesting humanitarian story about him I heard last year on a local paper. It was about a 5-year old boy that was camping when a tree fell over his tent. The boy was badly injured and he died at the hospital. Miles had never meet the boy, but he contacted the family and offerred to pay the funeral services (which he did). The story was kept secret (Miles didn't want any publicity) until a local reporter found out months later.

Taco
06-10-2008, 11:38 AM
The double fist head bang guy

bigdog
06-10-2008, 12:08 PM
This guy had all the potential in the world till his knee got messed up and he had the microfracture surgery. As far as I know, the Blazers had waived him sometime earlier this year. They had talked to the NBA and the union about getting a doctor to decide whether or not he could play again, and the doctor said it was bad enough to end his career, so they waived him.

j.r. haider
06-10-2008, 01:56 PM
The OTHER double fist head bang guy

http://weblogs.newsday.com/sports/basketball/knicks/blog/quentinrichardson_jpg_w300h334.jpg

Brutalis
06-10-2008, 01:59 PM
He's been hurt for a long time. He also isn't a Spur. I remember on another board I go to this Blazer fan posted a thread with an article saying he was practicing again. This was right when everything was going wrong, Oden got hurt, they were on a lossing streek, etc. I remember his post was like. Darius Miles is practicing again. My God can it get any worse?

It depends on who you are. If some troll posted it, it would have been moved.

curtismedellin
06-10-2008, 02:12 PM
Too bad about Darius. I really enjoyed watching him play, dude had mad skills. Trouble was he knew it, became a headcase and it all went downhill from there.

MoSpur
06-10-2008, 02:18 PM
When he was with my beloved Clippers, he was good.

angelbelow
06-10-2008, 02:37 PM
drugs?

E20
06-10-2008, 02:47 PM
This is what happend to him:

Portland Trailblazers

Spurtacus
06-10-2008, 03:17 PM
He's still trying to find the 'Perfect Score'.

MoSpur
06-10-2008, 03:34 PM
I forgot he came out in that movie.

MrChug
06-10-2008, 03:45 PM
It took a while to see that he had no determinable special quality in any facet of his game at all. He was a poor, Poor, POOR, destitute, homeless man's Scottie Pippen. Even THAT'S giving him way too much credit.

exstatic
06-10-2008, 06:29 PM
It took a while to see that he had no determinable special quality in any facet of his game at all. He was a poor, Poor, POOR, destitute, homeless man's Scottie Pippen. Even THAT'S giving him way too much credit.

+1 Probably the only male to ever come out of East St Louis and not be able to shoot. :lol

boutons_
06-10-2008, 06:39 PM
"not be able to shoot"

he beat the Spurs singlehandedly (a joint in the other hand) @POR with 17 pts in the 4th qtr. Mighty Mouse was hitting it (the basket) pretty good, too. Spurs lose, then go on to win the Title. "On any given day ... "

nfg3
06-10-2008, 08:22 PM
Great athleticism but a total headcase. Once again the story of a player with skills but poor work ethic and attitude.

exstatic
06-10-2008, 08:57 PM
"not be able to shoot"

he beat the Spurs singlehandedly (a joint in the other hand) @POR with 17 pts in the 4th qtr. Mighty Mouse was hitting it (the basket) pretty good, too. Spurs lose, then go on to win the Title. "On any given day ... "

Every blind squirrel finds an acorn now and then.

exstatic
06-10-2008, 08:59 PM
Great athleticism but a total headcase. Once again the story of a player with skills but poor work ethic and attitude.

I don't think his skills were all that good, he was just freakishly athletic. His primary skill seemed to be finishing on the break.

LakerLanny
06-11-2008, 03:30 AM
He ate himself out of the league.

Literally.