PDA

View Full Version : Dennis Lindsey, it's time to step up.

Marcus Bryant
06-10-2008, 11:05 AM
Who's the last domestic talent the Spurs have drafted and kept who made it a full season with the team?

http://www.nba.com/media/act_tim_duncan.jpg

Yes.

Granted, the Spurs focus on international talent scouting and drafting has been borne out of necessity with low draft picks and full rosters during the Duncan era. But now there's a need for an immediate impact out of the draft. In addition, the Spurs' newest member of the front office allegedly is adept at evaluating domestic talent. Now's the time for him to come through for this franchise. Pulling one rotational player out of this draft would go a long way to revamping the supporting cast.

El_Mago
06-10-2008, 11:15 AM
Ideally (expected or could still be available at these picks), if the Spurs keep all 3 picks, who would you select?

I would go domestic, domestic, and foreign.

26th pick to join the team: Bill Walker SG/SF - Kansas State
45th pick to join NBDL Toros: Courtney Lee SG - Western Kentucky
57th pick to stay overseas: Anton Ponkrashov PG/SG - CSKA Moscow

SenorSpur
06-10-2008, 11:15 AM
Agreed. Let's see if Lindsey's got any magic in his hat. Or whether his input would be overriden by either Pop or R.C., or perhaps both.

rascal
06-10-2008, 11:16 AM
Yes, they need to get a player out of the draft that will get significant minutes and if it takes moving up in the draft with a trade to get that player they have to make it happen.

Twisted_Dawg
06-10-2008, 11:51 AM
After Lindsey's involvement in the Scola fiasco, I have no confidence in him. Strange Atlanta would not hire him.

The Truth #6
06-10-2008, 12:02 PM
He is a mystery.

Mr.Bottomtooth
06-10-2008, 12:11 PM
After Lindsey's involvement in the Scola fiasco, I have no confidence in him. Strange Atlanta would not hire him.

They didn't turn him down, Lindsey backed off from the job.

bigdog
06-10-2008, 12:12 PM
I hope this idiot can do something good for us.

We need an American player, not another international draft-n-stash wannabe.

Let's see if we can get someone legit at 26. There is definitely enough talent.

Marcus Bryant
06-10-2008, 01:59 PM
http://www.asama.org/images/news/2007/february/mutombo_L.jpg

Spurs executive Dennis Lindsey presented with the first annual Cookie Monster Gift Trade Appreciation Award.

Marcus Bryant
06-10-2008, 02:00 PM
http://www.nba.com/media/rockets/content_lindseyblog.jpg

Wait, I'm in San Antonio now?

Mr.Bottomtooth
06-10-2008, 02:01 PM
:lol

The Truth #6
06-10-2008, 03:38 PM
His influence on the FO is anyone's guess but if we pull of a good draft I'd have to give him credit for making a difference. RC's domestic scouting right now seems like Kansas and possibly not much else until proven otherwise.

SenorSpur
06-10-2008, 03:51 PM
His influence on the FO is anyone's guess but if we pull of a good draft I'd have to give him credit for making a difference. RC's domestic scouting right now seems like Kansas and possibly not much else until proven otherwise.

That's what happens when you take 11 years off. RC hasn't scouted a domestic player since Tim Duncan and how hard was that to do. :lol

degenerate_gambler
06-10-2008, 03:53 PM
RC's domestic scouting right now seems like Kansas and possibly not much else

:rollin