PDA

View Full Version : Can we just start the playoffs now?

Aggie Hoopsfan
01-29-2005, 10:59 PM
It's obvious this team is bored.

Time to go beat Seattle!

Experiment2100
01-29-2005, 11:08 PM
It's obvious this team is bored.

Time to go beat Seattle!

If they play like they did today I don't want them to play Seattle.

Jdspur20
01-30-2005, 12:31 AM
monday will be a test.

T Park
01-30-2005, 12:38 AM
I would expect the Spurs come out tougher monday with a little bit of attitude twords the coffee freaks.

This team tonight, at times looked bored.

Human nature, and honestly, cant blame em.

They know they are the best, they think the rest of the year is just a bunch of scrimmages, and they are just aiming for the top spot in the west, and some may want Pop to go to the All STar game.

They do have a bit of lack of motivation, but who can blame them on a cold night in january against the third worst team in basketball.

I hope the Spurs bring there B+ or A- game monday.

Aggie Hoopsfan
01-30-2005, 02:19 AM
I've been saying since early December that this team, even Pop, is bored.

They know what they've got, the season is just the small detail to get out of the way before the big show.

The only time this team can get up is for the "elites", the rest of the time they are coming out, jumping out to early big leads, then coasting the rest of the way.

Bring on the post-season (with Rasho healthy of course).

T Park
01-30-2005, 07:29 PM
The only time this team can get up is for the "elites", the rest of the time they are coming out, jumping out to early big leads, then coasting the rest of the way.

exactly right,and in the playoffs all you will play are elite teams playing at an elite level.

I dont understand the freaking out over the bad play VS bad teams.

Also, no apology threads on people ripping Rasho??

I think people shoudl start thinking about how much he meant to this team by now.

ducks
01-30-2005, 10:50 PM
if this team is so bored
why should fans apology with how much rasho means to the spurs

fans wanted to see marks get a chance
rasho does not bring it night end and night out

he is a vet like rose
pop had to bench him 2 so far this season to start the second half to get a fire under his sorry ass

tell me if you or I make that much why he can not bring it every game
atleast be aggressive I can understand bad shooting nights

boutons
01-30-2005, 11:13 PM
"freaking out over the bad play VS bad teams."

What the hell is "boring" about playing NBA basketball? Their paychecks are consistenly un-boring, month in, month out, ka-ching, ka-ching..

PHX doesn't seem to be bored beating the shit out of Knicks or Raptors or other crap teams.

Why can't the Spurs play well enough, consistent enough, to beat lottery teams , every time? The only losss where the bad team played like NBA finalist was Blazers. The other lossses were to crap teams playing crap basketball, and the Spurs playing even crappier.

The inconsistency in playing bad teams also shows up in playing good teams, eg, the 2nd quarter of the 2nd Sonics game, the 3rd qtr of the second Suns game. Against good teams, one bad quarter will cost you the game.

I don't think these Spurs have learned to play defense for 4 quarters. Why TF get in a hole in the first quarter or first half and then hope you turn up the defense in the 4th qtr to steal the game back?

And inconsistency lost the Spurs a ring last May. They played like champs to finish the season and start the playoffs with a perfectly timed 17-game winning streak. Inconsistent as hell, they collapse for 4 straight games.

That's why I "freak out" about the Spurs playing bad/inconsistently against bad teams.

Solid D
01-30-2005, 11:28 PM
Are you this hard on your kids, boutons...or is it just this way for millionaires?

travis2
01-31-2005, 03:16 PM
I too, can't wait for the play-offs. My wolves are still a legitimate threat. Probably the scariest 8th seed ever!

Actually I think you can wait...seeing has how your Puppies aren't even the #8 seed yet...:lmao

Kori Ellis
01-31-2005, 05:38 PM
Actually I think you can wait...seeing has how your Puppies aren't even the #8 seed yet...

Umm.. the Wolves are currently the 8th seed.

SpursWoman
01-31-2005, 06:07 PM
Yes, wolvesies has been waiting on bated breath--since about November--for this to happen so he had to hurry up and post it before they slide back to 9th again.

:lol

boutons
01-31-2005, 06:41 PM
just for millionaires playing games, part time

FromWayDowntown
01-31-2005, 08:23 PM
Well, we've seen how far the Suns' enthusiasm has gotten them when it's mattered most this season: they completely ran out of gas against the Spurs in Phoenix. This isn't PlayStation -- teams get tired; with the number of minutes the Suns' starters log in an effort to get all of those wins, it will be a minor miracle if they've got anything left come playoff time.

The Spurs are on cruise control for now, and for all the bitching about their inconsistency, they still have the best record in the NBA. You'd think that some around here expect them to be the 1995-96 Bulls or something.

travis2
02-01-2005, 08:06 AM
Umm.. the Wolves are currently the 8th seed.

ok I missed that...when did that happen? :wow

travis2
02-01-2005, 08:08 AM
The Spurs are on cruise control for now, and for all the bitching about their inconsistency, they still have the best record in the NBA. You'd think that some around here expect them to be the 1995-96 Bulls or something.

No, better! Some expect 82-0 with an average margin of 25.