PDA

View Full Version : Doc Rivers laying the smack down on Phil

DazedAndConfused
06-10-2008, 11:16 PM
He is ripping him in the press conference right now.....lol.

Bob Lanier
06-10-2008, 11:21 PM
Is Doc Rivers ripping Phil Jackson like Muhammad Ali ripped Evander Holyfield?

21_Blessings
06-10-2008, 11:22 PM
Hilarity at it's finest. Doc is truly a retard for declaring media war against Zen Master.

Medvedenko
06-10-2008, 11:23 PM
I can't watch the commentary...what's he actually saying....

td4mvp21
06-10-2008, 11:47 PM
Take a hint. You don't post, the spam never happens. Simple solution really.

Just enjoy it when the Lakers are losing or lost. The bitch doesn't come near this board.

Mister Sinister
06-10-2008, 11:49 PM
So, any quotes that aren't mildly amusing, but easily exhausted copypasta?

pawe
06-10-2008, 11:53 PM
Good thing the quote garbage is gone..that prick J.T. is so annoying! Now, can anyone who watched the press conference tell us what Doc said about Phil?

J.T.
06-11-2008, 12:06 AM
Good thing the quote garbage is gone..that prick J.T. is so annoying! Now, can anyone who watched the press conference tell us what Doc said about Phil?

I believe it was "At least he didn't whine about the foul calls again"

DazedAndConfused
06-11-2008, 12:07 AM
He said something to the effect of "At least he's not whining about the refs" and then went further to trash Phil's opinion that the refs were biased in Game 2.

Medvedenko
06-11-2008, 12:07 AM
I believe it was "At least he didn't whine about the foul calls again"

Thanks. :rolleyes

pawe
06-11-2008, 12:20 AM
Damage control. Imagine if the Lakers lost this game after the Donaghy scandal statement was released..or probably, a fix was already done to extend the series for maximum coverage and ticket sales. I am so paranoid. LOOK WHAT YOU DID TO ME STERN!!!

Spurs da champs
06-11-2008, 12:22 AM
Cant really blame doc phil is a little bitch anyways.

v2freak
06-11-2008, 01:20 AM
Cant really blame doc phil is a little bitch anyways.

Doc seems like a pretty good coach to me. He works well with the young guys. And I agree, Jackson gets on my nerves a lot.

tlongII
06-11-2008, 01:27 AM
Phil gets into the other team's head. I think this can affect their focus and is partially why Jackson has been so successful.

Flight3107
06-11-2008, 01:30 AM
Doc seems like a pretty good coach to me.

:rollin

The Celtics are winning in spite of Doc.

DazedAndConfused
06-11-2008, 01:42 AM
Doc is a great motivator, but the real star of the show is their defensive coordinator whose name I won't even attempt at spelling. Without that defense the Celtics go nowhere.

JamStone
06-11-2008, 02:28 AM
Tom Thibodeau. I think he gets a little too much hype, mainly because Jeff Van Gundy pimps him all the time because he's his former assistant coach.

Coaching is overrated. You can have great coaching, but ultimately it still comes down to the players. Teams have lost with exceptional coaching. And teams win despite poor coaching. It can play a factor. But, I think most of the times, it doesn't.

Doc is right. Phil Jackson whined. I don't think Jackson cares. It most likely helped his team get more calls. Phil will take those jabs if it means he's getting more calls and it makes the Celtics lose some focus.

bigfish22
06-11-2008, 02:36 AM
Reporter: Doc, Phil was just in here saying how Kevin ran out of gas, what do you think of that.

Doc: Well I'm just surpised that he didn't whine about fouls tonight!

21_Blessings
06-11-2008, 02:46 AM
Coaching is overrated. You can have great coaching, but ultimately it still comes down to the players. Teams have lost with exceptional coaching. And teams win despite poor coaching. It can play a factor. But, I think most of the times, it doesn't.

Agreed completely. This is 5 on 5 basketball where the great players play both ends of the court for 40 minutes of the total 48. Talent is going to win out most of the time.

Although a terrible coach can be more of a factor by completely screwing up rotations and whatnot.

Lakers08Champs
06-11-2008, 03:42 AM
Doc River is an IDIOT!! :lol

1Parker1
06-11-2008, 08:27 AM

I don't agree with this at all. The coach was a big reason why the Suns never made it to the Finals. The coach was a big reason why the Mavs didn't win it all in 06. The coach was a big reason why the Pistons DID win it in 04.

Look at the teams that have won the championship the past 10 years; 00-02 Phil Jackson, 03, 05, 07 Pop, 04 Larry Brown, 06 Pat Riley. All are HOF coaches.

It's true that the players play the game, but it's the coaches, especially deep into the postseason, who make the game to game adjustments in their game plan and who design plays in close games to get those same players the easiest and best possible basket to win the game, and it's the coaches who make substitutions plugging in the right player at the right time.

Of course in the end if you want to look at it on a surface level, the Players are the ones who ultimately decide a game becasue they're the ones out there putting the ball in the basket. But to say that coaching more often than not, DOESN'T affect the outcome of games is not true at all.

It's kind of ironic that this post was from a Pistons fan. IMO, Pistons have been the BEST team in the Eastern conference for the past 3 or 4 years. The very fact that they weren't able to get back to the Finals even since Larry Brown, I think a lot of it falls on their coaching carosel. Do you think if this same Pistons group had been coached by say Phil Jackson or Pop, they wouldn't have been able to at least make it to the Finals? You think either of those coaches would have let Lebron dominate them singlehandedly in 07? You don't think either of those coaches would have made adjustments?

Bartleby
06-11-2008, 08:41 AM
Doc River

:lol

MadDog73
06-11-2008, 08:46 AM

Yeah. Only an Idiot would be leading the Zen Master 2 games to 1.

Are Laker fans really happy with their teams performance last night?

And what did Kobe say to Paul Pierce after the game?

Girasuck
06-11-2008, 11:40 AM

How so? He's only stating the truth. How does that make him an idiot?

The only idiot here is the one that doesn't know how to spell Doc Rivers.