PDA

View Full Version : Sam Cassell

ctown916
06-11-2008, 10:47 AM
Celtics fan i know you gotta sink in your seat everytime he enters the game. What is up with him shooting everytime he touches the ball. The first 4 times last night he dribbles up court and just shoots it. I cant stand that guy...

SenorSpur
06-11-2008, 11:23 AM
I always thought of Cassell as nothing more than a frickin' shot-happy, ball hog. During his rookie season in Houston, he was backing up Kenny Smith. He came up big during the NBA Finals versus the Knicks, as their instant offense off the bench. Only then, he was lauded for being a confident rookie, who knew no fear.

As he's gotten older, I would've thought he'd be more concerned with actually running the team first and getting his offense second. Hell no! It's clear that is what he's been - a selfish player that's only concerned with looking for his offense - at all costs.

I was concerned for Boston fans, in that his presence on the team would impede the development of Rondo. However, it appears that Doc Rivers has a fairly good gauge on Cassell. He seems to be able to reign him in when he's going off on one of his shot-happy tirades. I did like the move of using Eddie House at the backup PG spot, rather than "shot-happy" Sam I am.