PDA

View Full Version : Garbajosa working to get out of his contract with the Raptors

urunobili
06-11-2008, 11:28 AM
http://www.marca.com/edicion/marca/baloncesto/nba/es/desarrollo/1133924.html

Los representantes de Jorge Garbajosa negocian con los Toronto Raptors la desvinculación del pívot español de la franquicia de la liga estadounidense NBA, informaron a Efe fuentes oficiales.

Los representantes de Garbajosa han abierto ya negociaciones con el director general de los Raptors, Bryan Colangelo, debido a lo complicado de la situación del jugador, que entró en la lista de lesionados en la octava jornada de la temporada que está a punto de acabar.

Los Raptors demandaron a la Federación Española de Baloncesto (FEB) por un seguro de un millón de dólares del jugador.

El equipo canadiense considera que la FEB forzó la vuelta a las canchas de Garbajosa en el Europeo del 2007, poco después de que el jugador se lesionase el tobillo derecho jugando con los Raptors en mayo de ese año en Boston contra los Celtics.

Nueva lesión y nueva operación
Tras jugar con España en la competición europea, a pesar de las recomendaciones de los Raptors, Garbajosa se volvió a lesionar, esta vez de mayor consideración, y tuvo que ser operado en diciembre del 2007.

Las lesiones han ocasionado que Garbajosa jugase sólo seis partidos con los Raptors en la presente temporada.

Coloangelo dijo hace poco que Garbajosa, mientras tuviera contrato con los Raptors, no iría a los Juegos Olímpicos de Pekín 2008. El madrileño es uno de los cinco jugadores entre los que el seleccionador elegirá a los dos últimos convocados para la cita olímpica.

urunobili
06-11-2008, 11:29 AM
He wants to play the olympics and the Raptors would not let him if he's under contract. He is already working with Colangelo to get out of it (his contract).

Would you like to sign this guy?

PDXSpursFan
06-11-2008, 11:34 AM
Too much risk due to his injury. Also, would he rest during the summer and not play in international competition if Pop ask him???

SenorSpur
06-11-2008, 11:45 AM
No

polandprzem
06-11-2008, 01:40 PM
He got the range and some basketball IQ
Something like Bonner Horry combo, hmm intresting

Mr.Bottomtooth
06-11-2008, 01:46 PM
Temporary long 3.
It can work. :tu

lefty
06-11-2008, 02:03 PM
Too bad he's had a bad injury.

He is a terrific basketball player

silk
06-11-2008, 02:23 PM
He would be great here, what would it take to get him ?

Bob Lanier
06-11-2008, 02:39 PM
He would be a good fit in San Antonio.

On the other hand, he seems like a major-league whiner who isn't cut out for the NBA, and I'm a big opponent of clubs allowing their players to compete for other clubs in the offseason anyway.

nfg3
06-11-2008, 09:58 PM
[QUOTE=urunobili;2593236]He wants to play the olympics and the Raptors would not let him if he's under contract. He is already working with Colangelo to get out of it (his contract).QUOTE]

So the Raptors are telling him that he can't play in the Olympics because of his contract? I thought that Stern was pretty adamant that any NBA player could play on their national team in international competition, especially the Olympics. I remember Cuban moaning about it but being told to keep quiet. Pop I thought wasn't too thrilled about it either (Manu) but confessed that he couldn't do anything. I even would go so far as to say that NBA teams can't even suggest it to their players due to Stern's desired globalization plan.

If I'm correct on this expect the NBA FO to be calling the Raptors in the near future.

Should be interesting.

timvp
06-11-2008, 10:22 PM
George Garbage is trash. If he's not the worst defending bigman in the league, he's definitely in the top five. Throw in all his injury and National Team drama (and the fact he sucks) and he's not worth the headache. He's basically Matt Bonner if Bonner smoked a carton a day.

Big P
06-12-2008, 12:00 AM
Timvp is right...he's like a cross between Bonner & Vlade Divac...sooo...hell no

Kibic
06-12-2008, 12:56 AM
How could you put Timvp, Garbajosa, Bonner and Divac in the same sentence?
Timvp is a great forum contributor and Divac was a great BB player.