PDA

View Full Version : Barry vs Fisher non call solidifies the FIX!!!!

lebomb
06-11-2008, 12:26 PM
........man, fuck the NBA. Cheatin ass basturds.

Lets just have Celtics vs Lakers from now on. Why even compete for a ring anymore?

Im going to start watching NCAA basketball ONLY from now on.

:bang

xtremesteven33
06-11-2008, 12:34 PM
the Barry "no-call" is only half the story.

it was the 3 days off inbetween game 6 and 7 of the hornets series, AND the not able to find a hotel in New Orleans so they sleep in a plane scenario that REALLY makes me suspicious.

so they get really ONE nights rest with every other day off. that my friend is the reason why we lost that series

lefty
06-11-2008, 12:35 PM
the Barry "no-call" is only half the story.

it was the 3 days off inbetween game 6 and 7 of the hornets series, AND the not able to find a hotel in New Orleans so they sleep in a plane scenario that REALLY makes me suspicious.

so they get really ONE nights rest with every other day off. that my friend is the reason why we lost that series

traitoravery
06-11-2008, 12:37 PM
Some Collusion between NBA and Champion air....hmmm..... whoever wins this year has an * next to their LOB trophy.

lebomb
06-11-2008, 12:44 PM
Im just pissed. I truly and honestly believe the NBA wanted to do whatever was necessary to make sure the Spurs didnt make it to the finals. I really do believe this now. At least I can feel comfort in the fact that the NBA has not wanted the Spurs to win the title ever, and even though they tried, could not stop us.

xtremesteven33
06-11-2008, 12:46 PM
Im just pissed. I truly and honestly believe the NBA wanted to do whatever was necessary to make sure the Spurs didnt make it to the finals. I really do believe this now. At least I can feel comfort in the fact that the NBA has not wanted the Spurs to win the title ever, and even though they tried, could not stop us.

im sure Popovich is calling the NBA FO to let them know how inconvenent it was for them to have 1 day off inbetween games and how that alone was the sole reason of thier big letdown in the WCF's.

Im sure adjustments will be made by the NBA to accomidate the Spurs.:rolleyes

TheMACHINE
06-11-2008, 12:46 PM

Are u kidding me?! The NBA tried to stop the spurs 4 times yet couldnt stop them from winning. Oh god. Drama queen.

xtremesteven33
06-11-2008, 12:48 PM
Are u kidding me?! The NBA tried to stop the spurs 4 times yet couldnt stop them from winning. Oh god. Drama queen.

thats what you call "Us against the World" my friend.

your lakers wouldnt understand that.

lebomb
06-11-2008, 12:48 PM

Well they dayum sure stopped them twice. The Fisher impossible .4 shot :rolleyes and the Fisher NO CALL this year.

TheMACHINE
06-11-2008, 12:52 PM

no its called making up BS to make yourself feel better.

"NBA is rigged!'

"but you guys won 4 times this decade..."

"uh ...uh..oh ...cuz we were to good that even the rigged NBA couldn't stop us."

Give me a break.

JamStone
06-11-2008, 12:54 PM
So the NBA sent people to New Orleans to fill up all the local hotels and sent a spy to monkey wrench the plane?

TheMACHINE
06-11-2008, 12:59 PM
So the NBA sent people to New Orleans to fill up all the local hotels and sent a spy to monkey wrench the plane?

well yah...its THEM AGAINTS THE WORLD :lmao

xtremesteven33
06-11-2008, 01:00 PM

"NBA is rigged!'

"uh ...uh..oh ...cuz we were to good that even the rigged NBA couldn't stop us."

Give me a break.

its not that hard to figure out, its not predertermining a champion. its about extending a series and making calls that dont look that bad at first. its also being subtle about it. not making the favortism seem obvious. trying to look legit.
sure the lakers of 2000-2002 were a GREAT team. but it was obvious the Kings had thier number. the league did not want the Lakeshow to go down easy so they instruct thier officials to do thier best to not let this team lose tonight.

also scheduling has alot do with it. making sure a team doesnt get enough rest is a VERY subtle way to make sure a team doesnt have enough energy to win a series.

DazedAndConfused
06-11-2008, 01:00 PM
well yah...its THEM AGAINTS THE WORLD :lmao

:lmao

Damn the Spurs are so good they won 4 rings in spite of the NBA fixing to keep them out of the Finals. Damn those Spurs are the BESTEST team ever.

TheMACHINE
06-11-2008, 01:02 PM
its not that hard to figure out, its not predertermining a champion. its about extending a series and making calls that dont look that bad at first. its also being subtle about it. not making the favortism seem obvious. trying to look legit.
sure the lakers of 2000-2002 were a GREAT team. but it was obvious the Kings had thier number. the league did not want the Lakeshow to go down easy so they instruct thier officials to do thier best to not let this team lose tonight.

also scheduling has alot do with it. making sure a team doesnt get enough rest is a VERY subtle way to make sure a team doesnt have enough energy to win a series.

WOW....you actually believe the crap you're saying.

xtremesteven33
06-11-2008, 01:02 PM

Damn the Spurs are so good they won 4 rings in spite of the NBA fixing to keep them out of the Finals. Damn those Spurs are the BESTEST team ever.

bring on the sarcasim. its okay.

id rather be a true champion fan than a fan of a paper champion

xtremesteven33
06-11-2008, 01:03 PM
WOW....you actually believe the crap you're saying.

HAVE YOU HEARD THE NEWS YOU IDIOT??!!

Purple & Gold

:rollin :rollin :rollin

Purple & Gold

"NBA is rigged!'

Give me a break.

:lol :lol

Lakers08Champs
06-11-2008, 01:04 PM
:sleep Stop fucking crying it was a fair squared fought and yall lost to the lakers, fair and simple!!! :blah

monosylab1k
06-11-2008, 01:04 PM

That is a genius basketball take, Jeff.

TheMACHINE
06-11-2008, 01:05 PM

I find it funny. Your coach admitted that playoffs seating doesnt matter. I guess it does. Because you end up in 3rd, you guys played harder teams...going 7 games againts the Hornets. Dont blame the league for your spurs not being able to steal early wins from the Hornets to give you a longer rest break.

xtremesteven33
06-11-2008, 01:05 PM
:sleep Stop fucking crying it was a fair squared fought and yall lost to the lakers, fair and simple!!! :blah

-Ginobili hurt
-no rest whatsoever (while the lakers had 6 days)
-An obvious no-call in game 4

sure.....it was fair:rolleyes

TheMACHINE
06-11-2008, 01:06 PM
HAVE YOU HEARD THE NEWS YOU IDIOT??!!

I HEARD THE NEWS. BUT IT TAKES A MORON TO CRY OVER RIGGED NBA WHEN THIER TEAM WON 4 THIS DECADE.

i can understand Suns fans or Dallas fans crying about it..but SPURS fans...HORRIBLE!

xtremesteven33
06-11-2008, 01:08 PM
I find it funny. Your coach admitted that playoffs seating doesnt matter. I guess it does. Because you end up in 3rd, you guys played harder teams...going 7 games againts the Hornets. Dont blame the league for your spurs not being able to steal early wins from the Hornets to give you a longer rest break.

i do admit HCA had alot to do with the winners this year, but i refuse to admit that the Lakers are the better team than the spurs. look at how the Celtics are ABUSING them this year. Gasol sucks, Odom sucks, and they dont have any veterans besides Fisher and Kobe.

if you wouldve told me the lakers will beat the spurs in the WCF's 4 weeks ago i wouldnt be too surprised. but if you wouldve told me they beat them in 5 games! i know there would be something wrong.

z0sa
06-11-2008, 01:09 PM
Yeah, its easy to laugh at the spurs actually overcoming officiating to win when you're laker fan and the league WANTS you in the finals.

To even entertain the idea of the spurs collectively shooting 27 freethrows on an opponents homefloor in an elimination game's fourth quarter is absurd. Not so for the lakers.

z0sa
06-11-2008, 01:10 PM
Oh, and lets not forget the Lakers only shot 13 the first three quarters - they must have gotten their second wind! :lol

xtremesteven33
06-11-2008, 01:11 PM
I HEARD THE NEWS. BUT IT TAKES A MORON TO CRY OVER RIGGED NBA WHEN THIER TEAM WON 4 THIS DECADE.

i can understand Suns fans or Dallas fans crying about it..but SPURS fans...HORRIBLE!

you dont get it do you?

Tim Donaghy just exposed the NBA for not "RIGGING" or "predertiming" but rather favoring a certain team in a certain series.

u gotta be an idiot to think the NBA predertimines a champion before the playoffs start. no one is saying that. im just saying that the NBA and officials have alot to do with who wins series.

TheNextGen
06-11-2008, 01:12 PM
you dont get it do you?

Tim Donaghy just exposed the NBA for not "RIGGING" or "predertiming" but rather favoring a certain team in a certain series.

u gotta be an idiot to think the NBA predertimines a champion before the playoffs start. no one is saying that. im just saying that the NBA and officials have alot to do with who wins series.

Just stop it man. Your digging a hole for yourself. During this "rigged" Era, we won most of the rings. Just be happy with that.

z0sa
06-11-2008, 01:16 PM
Just stop it man. Your digging a hole for yourself. During this "rigged" Era, we won most of the rings. Just be happy with that.

we overcame officiating to do it. Any spurs fan will tell you that.

Of course its a circular argument, but we know the truth.

Just to throw it out there, I'm almost positive the spurs are the lowest fouling team of the last decade. Its hard for officials to dictate games when you don't foul. One of the reasons Pop no doubt instilled this into his players.

xtremesteven33
06-11-2008, 01:16 PM

im done.....

DazedAndConfused
06-11-2008, 02:18 PM
we overcame officiating to do it. Any spurs fan will tell you that.

Of course its a circular argument, but we know the truth.

Just to throw it out there, I'm almost positive the spurs are the lowest fouling team of the last decade. Its hard for officials to dictate games when you don't foul. One of the reasons Pop no doubt instilled this into his players.

No you didn't. In fact, officiating went YOUR way most of the time.

DarrinS
06-11-2008, 02:37 PM
No you didn't. In fact, officiating went YOUR way most of the time.

The NBA wants small market teams in the Finals. It's a no-brainer.

lebomb
06-11-2008, 03:23 PM
The NBA wants small market teams in the Finals. It's a no-brainer.

BORING small market teams.

~~~~~~
06-11-2008, 03:52 PM
Are u kidding me?! The NBA tried to stop the spurs 4 times yet couldnt stop them from winning. Oh god. Drama queen.http://img508.imageshack.us/img508/6043/dramaqueenpiercede6.jpg

hater
06-11-2008, 04:04 PM
........man, fuck the NBA. Cheatin ass basturds.

Lets just have Celtics vs Lakers from now on. Why even compete for a ring anymore?

Im going to start watching NCAA basketball ONLY from now on.

not to mention NCAA is more entertaining.

This Celtics Lakers finals is the most boring piece of shit I've ever seen.

Capt Bringdown
06-11-2008, 07:12 PM
Your coach admitted that playoffs seating doesnt matter. I guess it does.

Very good point. This was and is arrogance on the part of Pop. And it cost us, dearly. But it's really a seperate point.

Despite all that, we battled thru and deserved to shoot FT's to at least tie game four because of Fisher's foul.

Girasuck
06-11-2008, 07:18 PM
Hmmm...I'm guessing the fact that Barry traveled BEFORE the contact means absolutely nothing to the OP right? The way I see it, the refs were trying to FIX the game in the Spurs favor, but idiot Brent Barry didn't know what to do when you get your man in the air.

Avitus1
06-11-2008, 07:19 PM
Dont forget how KG got a blind eye from the league after pushing a ref.

milkyway21
06-12-2008, 02:29 AM
the only good thing about the game 4 loss is

nobody would dare ask Tim Duncan again how he feels about losing to the Lakers' again.

they would just embarrass themselves.

non-call people. The league admitted it, whether you like it or not there's a - * .

nashzilla
06-12-2008, 04:02 AM
http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q21/meeks4president/kobegay9xe6em.jpg

MadDog73
06-12-2008, 11:03 AM
The Truth: It was a bad call, by a biased ref who shouldn't have been refing a Spurs game to begin with.

But, Spurs lost in 5. The Lakers are a better team.

I just don't want to hear any bitching from Laker fans about "non-fouls" on Kobe.

The refs are bad in the NBA, you deal with it, and either win in spite of it or go home.

DazedAndConfused
06-12-2008, 11:30 AM
You do realize if this is all one big conspiracy by the NBA EVERYONE loses. That throws every single team's championship into question as long as Stern has been commissioner.

Cry Havoc
06-12-2008, 12:01 PM
You do realize if this is all one big conspiracy by the NBA EVERYONE loses. That throws every single team's championship into question as long as Stern has been commissioner.

At this point, everyone loses anyway. There's too much weight behind this already even from just a publicity standpoint. It's like a massive sandstorm, you might have been able to stop it before by putting breakers down, but now that it's going, it's already too big and encompassing too much to slow down.

Do I think the NBA totally sucked it up, especially with the Barry no-call? Absolutely. The Spurs should have had a chance for overtime in that game.

Do I think it would have made a difference in the end? No. The Spurs were exhausted and outgunned. The offensive droughts we went through made me want to tear my eyes out.

I would really have liked to have known what a rested Spurs team would have been able to do against LA. Unfortunately, we'll never know. And a rested Lakers team (which they earned via the #1 seed) is clearly better than a worn-out Spurs team. Probably better than a rested Spurs team as well, but again, that's for us to ponder. Given the Barry foul, maybe the Spurs pull it out in overtime. Maybe with more rest, they don't flub away Game 1 in LA.

This is the problem. Because the NBA has allowed itself to become subject to legitimate criticism by making stupid decisions, and then Stern acts like he's omniscient without ever answering said critique. The high and mighty act gets really tired when you have fans and analysts who demand answers.