PDA

View Full Version : Maggette to Opt Out

Mr.Bottomtooth
06-11-2008, 01:55 PM
Maggette Will Opt Out Soon
Jun 11, 2008 9:48 AM EST

Clippers guard Corey Maggette will officially opt out of his contract at the end of the month, according to The Los Angeles Times.

He will become an unrestricted free agent, with teammate Elton Brand having the same option.

Coach Mike Dunleavy still believes that both will be playing for the team next season.

"The reality is that there's no money out there," Dunleavy said of the market value for free agents. Later, he added, "People will come to reality and probably make a deal. That's how I see it."

http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/52933/20080611/maggette_will_opt_out_soon/

balli
06-11-2008, 01:57 PM
Damn, Dunleavy didn't hold back, did he? Good for Maggette, he's been the one constant in LA for a long time and they've always treated him like shit. He should go help a fringe contender win a ring.

lefty
06-11-2008, 02:02 PM
Still interesred ? :hat

Sorry Mr Bottomtooth, I had to post it here :D

lefty
06-11-2008, 02:04 PM
Maggette Will Opt Out Soon
Jun 11, 2008 9:48 AM EST

Clippers guard Corey Maggette will officially opt out of his contract at the end of the month, according to The Los Angeles Times.

He will become an unrestricted free agent, with teammate Elton Brand having the same option.

Coach Mike Dunleavy still believes that both will be playing for the team next season.

"The reality is that there's no money out there," Dunleavy said of the market value for free agents. Later, he added, "People will come to reality and probably make a deal. That's how I see it."

http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archiv..._opt_out_soon/

brettn
06-11-2008, 02:05 PM
Damn, Dunleavy didn't hold back, did he? Good for Maggette, he's been the one constant in LA for a long time and they've always treated him like shit. He should go help a fringe contender win a ring.

*cough*spurs*cough*

Completely agree though. Guy hasn't gotten the respect he deserves playing for the Clippers.

lefty
06-11-2008, 02:07 PM
RC Buford, you SOB, if you don't get him....

Medvedenko
06-11-2008, 02:10 PM
I would love to have him instead of Lamar.....

Bynum
Gasol
Maggette
Kobe
Fish

Damn, pure pipe, but he's huge friends with Kobe.....

Bob Lanier
06-11-2008, 02:21 PM
I would love to have him instead of Lamar
Why? His defense is worse, his rebounding is worse, he isn't that much better a shooter, and he's even more stupid, and not terribly consistent either when he isn't dominating the ball, largely because he doesn't move without it.

He puts up big numbers on bad teams.

Ed Helicopter Jones
06-11-2008, 02:27 PM
Elton Brand would make a nice Spur.

/pipedream

Mr.Bottomtooth
06-11-2008, 02:30 PM
Still interesred ? :hat

Sorry Mr Bottomtooth, I had to post it here :D

:lol

kobyz
06-11-2008, 02:31 PM
if Elton Brand opt out, he will go to phili

Ghazi
06-11-2008, 02:39 PM
Damn, Dunleavy didn't hold back, did he? Good for Maggette, he's been the one constant in LA for a long time and they've always
treated him like shit. He should go help a fringe contender win a ring.

You're overrating him, and making the Clippers out to be the bad guy.

balli
06-11-2008, 02:43 PM
You're overrating him, and making the Clippers out to be the bad guy.

What? Overrating him? All I said is that he's been the one constant in LA for the past few years. Not sure how that is over-rating him?

And it's pretty well known that Dunleavy has it out for Maggette.

And Donald Sterling is a pretty bad guy.

Who are you, The Clippers PR director?

spurscenter
06-11-2008, 02:44 PM
GET BRAND AND COREY now

DarrinS
06-11-2008, 02:47 PM
Brand and Maggette straight up for Vaughn and Damon Stoudemire.

It will happen. Oh yes, it will.

Mr.Bottomtooth
06-11-2008, 02:47 PM
Ha, someone moved it to the Spurs Forum. Take that, lefty!

SPURSGOAT
06-11-2008, 02:52 PM
Dang if Clips lose Brand and Maggette that will be a huge blow...

InRareForm
06-11-2008, 02:54 PM
Dang if Clips lose Brand and Maggette that will be a huge blow...

No it won't. I am currently looking for the next Darius Miles so I can sell tickets.

Sincerely,

Donald Sterling

SPURSGOAT
06-11-2008, 02:56 PM
No it won't. I am currently looking for the next Darius Miles so I can sell tickets.

Sincerely,

Donald Sterling

Seems like that is all the Clips can do anyhow... :lmao