PDA

View Full Version : Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots

Slydragon
06-12-2008, 12:41 AM
Just got at the 12am launch, not many people there less than 30 same gamestop for Halo 3 and GTA had over 100 people for the 12 am launch. Lost count because the line curled around the building.

Waiting for it to install now.

mardigan
06-13-2008, 12:35 PM
Blown away, absolutely blown away

rAm
06-13-2008, 01:30 PM
I use Gamefly, so the game was delivered to my door yesterday afternoon. Gamefly = the win.

I played through the first level, and the opening was absolutely amazing. I can't wait to get back from my trip this weekend and get real into the game.

Brutalis
06-13-2008, 01:48 PM
God I wish MGS4 was on the XBox. My laptop couldn't handle the game either.

Heath Ledger
06-13-2008, 02:01 PM
My gf surprised me last night and brought it home, i have yet to play it, i tried to jump online this morning but after 30 minutes of a very tedious registration for a Konami ID i still cannot play it keeps telling me ive entered the wrong password. Fucking Japs..

rAm
06-13-2008, 02:19 PM
My gf surprised me last night and brought it home, i have yet to play it, i tried to jump online this morning but after 30 minutes of a very tedious registration for a Konami ID i still cannot play it keeps telling me ive entered the wrong password. Fucking Japs..

damn japs

BruceBowenFan
06-13-2008, 09:31 PM
i finished the game badass ending

Slydragon
06-13-2008, 11:31 PM

Make sure you are doing the game id and not the user id, game id password is all numbers also.

I just finished act 3 and it's more cinema scenes than game play time.

balli
06-19-2008, 01:00 PM
So uh, just how fucking cool is this game? I have a launch series 360 still and since it hasn't happened yet, I'm anticipating the RROD to hit at anytime now. There are only three games I really care about a lot which are GTA4, COD4 and Ninja Gaiden 2. However, I haven't seen MGS4 in person, but the youtube vids and reviews of it make it look pretty fucking cool.

So is it? Well obviously yes, but I mean is it cool enough to justify replacing my 360 with a PS3 and re-buying PS3 versions of COD and GTA? The other issue is that I lose Ninja Gaiden. And the controller, I really like the heft and triggers on the 360 controller as opposed to the PS3. Plus I've always just kind of been a 360 guy, I was going to buy The Orange Box and Bioshock soon and I never really planned on switching until yesterday when I started looking at MGS vids. However, MGS looks like a game that's so good it changes everything.

I'm just conflicted as fuck about this, so for those of you who have played through it, could you help me out? Do you consider it a revolutionary game? Is it so good that it's worth losing the better controller, a few good games in general (i.e. Ninja Gaiden, Bioshock, Half Life) and the money I'd have to spend to re-purchase GTA and COD? Thanks in advance.

E20
06-19-2008, 01:26 PM
I haven't played MGS4. But from playing the previos MGS titles, the MGS series never fails to dissapoint wiht gameplay and story, the only complaint some have is that the cut scenes are over the top and can last a while and this is true especially if you are in a hurry or need to take a piss, but other than that just sit back and enjoy the movie.

I don't have a PS3 or 360 so can't really tell you, but I just wanted to say from using both controllers I can say that the analog controller that has been used for the PSX, PS2, and PS3 are >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> then xbox controllers, it's light, simple, effective, fits into my hand like a glove and yeah I've always been a Playstation guy, so maybe that's why you are so used to the xbox controller and I'm not, if you do decide to get a ps3 and you play with a PSX long enough you'll get used to it and like it, maybe as much as the xbox one.

mardigan
06-19-2008, 01:40 PM
So uh, just how fucking cool is this game? I have a launch series 360 still and since it hasn't happened yet, I'm anticipating the RROD to hit at anytime now. There are only three games I really care about a lot which are GTA4, COD4 and Ninja Gaiden 2. However, I haven't seen MGS4 in person, but the youtube vids and reviews of it make it look pretty fucking cool.

So is it? Well obviously yes, but I mean is it cool enough to justify replacing my 360 with a PS3 and re-buying PS3 versions of COD and GTA? The other issue is that I lose Ninja Gaiden. And the controller, I really like the heft and triggers on the 360 controller as opposed to the PS3. Plus I've always just kind of been a 360 guy, I was going to buy The Orange Box and Bioshock soon and I never really planned on switching until yesterday when I started looking at MGS vids. However, MGS looks like a game that's so good it changes everything.

I'm just conflicted as fuck about this, so for those of you who have played through it, could you help me out? Do you consider it a revolutionary game? Is it so good that it's worth losing the better controller, a few good games in general (i.e. Ninja Gaiden, Bioshock, Half Life) and the money I'd have to spend to re-purchase GTA and COD? Thanks in advance.

Its good, but not that good. I dont know if any game is worth spending 450 bucks for a system on. Its a really great game, but I dont know if its worth it. The PS3 doesnt look ant better than the 360, has a much shittier selection of games, and the online doesnt hold up. Imo, not worth it.

hater
07-18-2008, 08:52 AM
So is this game really 5 star, 10/10, etc, etc???

It's not easy or short right? I hate easy/short games.

should I get this? is it better than GTA?

Reck
08-06-2012, 08:07 PM
For the ones who care, they finally release trophies for this game today.

Also added a one time game installing.

lefty
08-06-2012, 08:24 PM
Lol XBOX

Spurtacus
08-06-2012, 08:27 PM
For the ones who care, they finally release trophies for this game today.

Also added a one time game installing.

Still waiting for the lazy asses at Sony to update Resistance and Heavenly Sword with trophies.

CuckingFunt
08-06-2012, 08:38 PM
Heavenly Sword

Doubtful they're going to waste any time updating that dog.

resistanze
08-06-2012, 08:48 PM
For whatever reason I have about half a dozen PS3 games I need to play, and MGS4 is one of them. Killzone 2 & 3, all the Resistance games as well.

Mister Sinister
08-07-2012, 11:35 AM
Going for "You're pretty good" first, tbh. F yeah, Liquid Ocelot.

Reck
08-07-2012, 06:45 PM
Going for "You're pretty good" first, tbh. F yeah, Liquid Ocelot.

Isn't that around the end though?

Might as well go for Flashback Maniac.

Mister Sinister
08-11-2012, 12:55 AM
Isn't that around the end though?

Might as well go for Flashback Maniac.

That one's going to be fun, too. I can go for You're Pretty Good first though, because I've got a couple save files just for fights I enjoyed (Rex v. Ray, Screaming Mantis, Liquid, etc.)