PDA

View Full Version : Email From Iraq

Aggie Hoopsfan
01-30-2005, 02:23 PM
Per an Army bud of mine...

The election has gone amazingly well in our zone.

44 dead seems like a lot, true -- but given the 10-12 million who voted, it is hardly a black eye on the process.

The fact is, I think more insurgents died today than Iraqi civilians or security. Zarqawi failed miserably.

At one of the polling places in our brigade, a suicide bomber killed two Iraqi soldiers (and himself) -- but the Iraqis never waivered. The people continued to vote -- reluctant to wait for the debris and mess to be cleaned. They spit on the remains of the terrorist as they went by.

Though a predominately Shiite zone, our areas have significant Sunni population as well -- and their turnout was high.

My prediction for the NYT headline tommorow: "Violence Mars Iraqi Election"

But the reality is that today was a national celebration, and the Iraqis were quite literally dancing in the streets throughout Baghdad.

Just thought I'd share.

violentkitten
01-30-2005, 02:26 PM
fr: [email protected]

to: [email protected]

subj: reality

just saw what was left of my buddy scooped up and put in a black bodybag. other than that the days been great.

NeoConIV
01-30-2005, 02:42 PM
That's a great read Ag, please share more!

Aggie Hoopsfan
01-30-2005, 03:30 PM
violentkitten, please don't desecrate what our military fight and die for by exercising your right to free speech with such stupidity.

Go get laid or something, you seem to have some serious emotional issues.

Neo - We get maybe 1-2 emails a week for him, he told us all he'd check in after election day. Most of the time they're just run of the mill.

Another thing you don't hear about is the factory armored humvees are taking IED shots and getting the troops through with minor injuries at worst. But its' good news, so it doesn't even see the light of day here in America.

violentkitten
01-30-2005, 03:31 PM
desecrate what? man you post up in here like the iraq war is some kind of gi joe episode. your childish view of war is revolting. fuck man i can criticize a war and still be patriotic you little sniveling coward bitch.

Aggie Hoopsfan
01-30-2005, 03:43 PM
GI Joe? WTF? Get a grip. I have anything but a childish view of war. I guess if by childish you mean that I'm optimistic, then yeah I'm childish. I come from a military family and live in a military community. My dad fought in 'Nam, bro was on nuke subs cruising Russian waters during the Cold War, second brother was in the Marines, and big sis was on the front lines in Kosovo.

I've heard dad's war stories at length, same as my sister's for the most part. I work with handicapped disabled vets all the time, so spare me this whole "kid's view of the war" bullshit.

I haven't seen one patriotic quip out of you on this board. Everything is the same tired negative NBAdanesque bullshit.

I'll just ignore the personal attacks, it's obvious you can't have a civilized conversation on the topic.

violentkitten
01-30-2005, 03:59 PM
oh no now the redblooded conservative republican is questioning my patriotism.

youre right its hard to be civilized with a goosestepper like you who will believe any excuse der leader imparts to the masses. man we went into iraq because hussein supposedly had nukes and now that has turned into "spreading democracy"

open your eyes

Aggie Hoopsfan
01-30-2005, 04:02 PM
My eyes are wide open. It was about much more than just the nukes, that seems lost on you, and seems to be the rallying cry for Bush haters. So be it.

I don't have to question your patriotism, your posting on this site speaks for itself.

violentkitten
01-30-2005, 04:16 PM
there we go. i oppose this war so im unpatriotic. i oppose your view so im patriotic.

goddam fucking moron. finish your degree at cow college, actually work for a living, and stop thinking you are a member of the patriotism police. youre a little dumbass fucking kid who has a lot to learn and who needs to shut the fuck up.

whottt
01-30-2005, 04:21 PM
there we go. i oppose this war so im unpatriotic. i oppose your view so im patriotic.

goddam fucking moron. finish your degree at cow college, actually work for a living, and stop thinking you are a member of the patriotism police. youre a little dumbass fucking kid who has a lot to learn and who needs to shut the fuck up.

Calm down schitzy...

2centsworth
01-30-2005, 06:22 PM
aggie,

I get on you for other things, but don't waste your time with violent.

thanks for the email.

desflood
01-30-2005, 11:22 PM

Do you have Tourette's Syndrome, or is your vocabulary really that limited?

NeoConIV
01-30-2005, 11:35 PM

Howard?

violentkitten
01-30-2005, 11:37 PM
do you have parkinsons? suck a dick cumflood

Guru of Nothing
01-30-2005, 11:42 PM
GI Joe? WTF? Get a grip. I have anything but a childish view of war. I guess if by childish you mean that I'm optimistic, then yeah I'm childish. I come from a military family and live in a military community. My dad fought in 'Nam, bro was on nuke subs cruising Russian waters during the Cold War, second brother was in the Marines, and big sis was on the front lines in Kosovo.

Surfing the North Atlantic on a sub is the easiest job in the world, provided you bring plenty of Top Ramen.

desflood
01-30-2005, 11:50 PM
do you have parkinsons? suck a dick cumflood
Maybe now I should ask, do you even know what Tourette's is? I'll give you a hint: One of the manifestations is THE UNCONTROLLABLE SPEWING OF PROFANITY.

Aggie Hoopsfan
01-30-2005, 11:59 PM
Guru,

He's never told me directly, but putting together a list of boats that won presidential citations and dates tells me that his boat made a few stops in Russian naval ports, that's a little more significant than a few north Atlantic cruises.

violentkitten
01-31-2005, 12:00 AM
maybe i just feel like not playing by marquis de queensbury rules here on the internets. now go worship der leader

desflood
01-31-2005, 12:15 AM
Look, I'm former military. My husband is active duty. We give up a lot of rights for you and everyone else you know. We don't get to chose where we live, or what we want our jobs to be. We don't even always have the right of free speech which you sometimes abuse. All we ask is that you be a little more respectful of others. I tremble for the future of my kids, who soon will be going to school and will run across venomous people like yourself who hate their father and what he does and what he stands for.

violentkitten
01-31-2005, 12:19 AM
i hate the people who put servicemen like your husband in a war based on a mistake. i dont recall posting anything to the contrary in this forum.

Guru of Nothing
01-31-2005, 12:23 AM
Guru,

He's never told me directly, but putting together a list of boats that won presidential citations and dates tells me that his boat made a few stops in Russian naval ports, that's a little more significant than a few north Atlantic cruises.

Oh vicarious one, I can't share in an internet forum everywhere I went, but suffice it to say that I never "stopped" in a Russian port. Besides, as a Spurs fan, you ought to know better than to place too much stock into awards.

I'm dieing laughing, imagining the role call at a family dinner: Soldier, Marine, Sailor, Aggie. I'm reminded of Sesame Street's "One of these is not quite like the other."

desflood
01-31-2005, 12:23 AM
But see, a vast majority of the servicemen believe that we SHOULD be there. They think we're doing the right thing.

violentkitten
01-31-2005, 12:27 AM
doesnt change anything. they were misled. this was a war predicated on the existence of weaponry which turned out to be a mistake. i have no problem with the military they are doing their job however i do have a problem with the civilian leadership

Guru of Nothing
01-31-2005, 12:28 AM
But see, a vast majority of the servicemen believe that we SHOULD be there. They think we're doing the right thing.

Have the vast majority RE-enlisted?

Aggie Hoopsfan
01-31-2005, 12:30 AM
GoN,

So be it. I'm working on changing that, getting hired by the government takes time.

desflood
01-31-2005, 12:33 AM
Have the vast majority RE-enlisted?
Actually, it's too early! Many enlisted because of this war.

desflood
01-31-2005, 12:38 AM
doesnt change anything. they were misled. this was a war predicated on the existence of weaponry which turned out to be a mistake. i have no problem with the military they are doing their job however i do have a problem with the civilian leadership
Hah! Admittedly, I also have a problem with the leadership from time to time :) But Russian Intelligence has evidence that there were WMD in Iraq that were moved into Syria before we went in. And with Russian Intelligence being headed by Putin, who of course is former KGB, I wouldn't wonder if it were probably true.

Guru of Nothing
01-31-2005, 12:42 AM

I find it difficult to believe this true. Do you have a link to testify to the veracity of your claim?

violentkitten
01-31-2005, 12:43 AM
well where is it? how is it that we have one of the most sophisticated intelligence services on the planet and we cant tell if a 3rd rate dictator in some desert land has some shit? relying on decrepit russian intel doesnt give me much comfort

desflood
01-31-2005, 12:59 AM
Guru, all I have is the word of one of my husband's friends over there, who says he hasn't met anyone who doesn't think we should be there. And Kitten, Russian Intel is probably better than ours. Putin is a man to be feared. He is highly intelligent and, rumor has it, has been known to be ruthless at times. He doesn't tolerate failure or incompetence well, especially from his military. You know, you should read the Washington Times. It's a conservative newspaper (please don't vomit) that has many, um, "enlightening" articles about military movements from countries all over the world that you'd never hear in other papers.

Aggie Hoopsfan
01-31-2005, 01:32 AM
I find it difficult to believe this true. Do you have a link to testify to the veracity of your claim?

Well 80% of the military voted for Bush, if they were so against what he was doing I'm guessing they would have voted differently.

BTW, I'm with flood, and when you put 2 and 2 together (namely that Russians have reportedly sold weapons and equipment to Iran, and that the former Russian KGB says they moved it to Syria), I think I'd go with the Russians on this one.

Let's face it, our intelligence apparatus needs overhaul - for too long we relied on more our eye in the sky than human intel, and we're paying the price for it now.

Nbadan
01-31-2005, 01:34 AM
Guru, all I have is the word of one of my husband's friends over there, who says he hasn't met anyone who doesn't think we should be there. And Kitten, Russian Intel is probably better than ours. Putin is a man to be feared. He is highly intelligent and, rumor has it, has been known to be ruthless at times. He doesn't tolerate failure or incompetence well, especially from his military. You know, you should read the Washington Times. It's a conservative newspaper (please don't vomit) that has many, um, "enlightening" articles about military movements from countries all over the world that you'd never hear in other papers.

:vomit. The Washington Times is a Neocon paper filled with lies and owned by Reverand Moon. Even Fox News was recently forced to finally admit that Iraqi WMD's weren't moved to Syria or anywhere else by Hussein (I guess you missed that post in the forum). Russian intel is being shaped by the NeoCons as the new international boogeyman, evidence the new front-page spread in Time Magazine.

desflood
01-31-2005, 12:34 PM
Oh, and I thought North Korea was the new boogeyman! Silly me. I don't pay much attention to Fox News. They're as vapid and biased in their own way as any other news program. I mostly try to dig out facts. They're hard to find anymore.

Hook Dem
01-31-2005, 12:38 PM
"I mostly try to dig out facts. They're hard to find anymore." .............................Whoa!!!!!!!!! Someone finally speaks the truth!