PDA

View Full Version : Bulls will be dumb to pass on Beasley

coachmac87
06-12-2008, 04:57 PM
Seriously.....

Beasley is a BEAST!!!!

Findog
06-12-2008, 05:03 PM
He's the next Derrick Coleman. Derrick Rose is from Chicago and IMO will be truly great. Still, Bulls need post scoring badly.

coachmac87
06-12-2008, 05:05 PM
what line up would you have?

PG- Hinrich
SG-Hughes
SF-Deng
PF-Beasley
C-? Noah possible FA

or

PG-rose
SG-hughes
SF-deng
PF-Gooden
C-Noah ? whoever

i mean come on.......u serious bulls draft beasley they are top 4 in east again. if they dont rebuild for at least 3 more years

Mr.Bottomtooth
I agree with Findog.

JamStone
I think he's more likely like Glenn Robinson, a beast in college with scoring and rebounding but has to slide over to play small forward in the pros, becomes a very good player, but never lives up to the hype he had coming out of college.

coachmac87
06-12-2008, 05:07 PM
He's the next Derrick Coleman. Derrick Rose is from Chicago and IMO will be truly great. Still, Bulls need post scoring badly.

who cares where he is from...........

derrick coleman was not this dominant at 19.......

beasley> coleman

JamStone
06-12-2008, 05:07 PM

Derrick Coleman was a legit 6-10, 240 coming out of college.

Beasley is 6-7, 6-8 with shoes. He's more of a Glenn Robinson, Jamal Mashburn type, a bigger, stronger small forward with some post skills.

Mr.Bottomtooth
06-12-2008, 05:08 PM
what line up would you have?

PG- Hinrich
SG-Hughes
SF-Deng
PF-Beasley
C-? Noah possible FA

or

PG-rose
SG-hughes
SF-deng
PF-Gooden
C-Noah ? whoever

i mean come on.......u serious bulls draft beasley they are top 4 in east again. if they dont rebuild for at least 3 more years

I doubt Beasley will play the 4. He's more of a long 3.

coachmac87
06-12-2008, 05:09 PM
I think he's more likely like Glenn Robinson, a beast in college with scoring and rebounding but has to slide over to play small forward in the pros, becomes a very good player, but never lives up to the hype he had coming out of college.

ok the ONLY thing wrong with beasley is we dont know how his game is going to change once he hits the league.

but ill take my chances...if beasley was not at K-STATE and he went to UNC or any big school...

this wouldnt be a issue

balli
There's been unsubstantiated talk that Miami and Utah might work out a deal where we'd get Haslem and that #2 for Boozer. Pat Riley loves Boozer for some reason and he hates Beasley apparently. I highly doubt it's true, but I pray a lot.

BacktoBasics
Derrick Rose isn't a good enough shooter to ever be a great player.

sin,

half of the greatest pg's ever to play the game.

coachmac87
I doubt Beasley will play the 4. He's more of a long 3.

he can play both.....thats why u draft him

you can build a team better around him

Mr.Bottomtooth
06-12-2008, 05:12 PM
he can play both.....thats why u draft him

you can build a team better around him

He' 6'8" and although muscular, not big enough to play the 4 among most NBA starting bigs.

coachmac87
06-12-2008, 05:13 PM
OK...ya i change my mind for sure i would play him at the 3. he would dominate all 3's on the block

balli
06-12-2008, 05:14 PM
He' 6'8" and although muscular, not big enough to play the 4 among most NBA starting bigs.

If he plays the four he'll play the four like Marion, Lamar and Ak-47 before Boozer. Undersized and fast. I don't think it's impossible.

J.T.
06-12-2008, 05:16 PM
If the Bulls draft another guard I'm going to laugh about twice as hard as I do tonight when the Lakers go down 3-1.

Findog
06-12-2008, 05:17 PM
who cares where he is from...........

derrick coleman was not this dominant at 19.......

beasley> coleman

The Bulls might care. You may not worry about marketing, but teams do,

JamStone
06-12-2008, 05:17 PM
ok the ONLY thing wrong with beasley is we dont know how his game is going to change once he hits the league.

but ill take my chances...if beasley was not at K-STATE and he went to UNC or any big school...

this wouldnt be a issue

If Beasley went to UNC, he probably would have averaged something like 15 ppg and 7 rpg. And, he would have gotten owned by the likes of Tyler Hansbrough and JJ Hickson among others.

It wouldn't be an issue because he wouldn't be considered a top 3 prospect in the draft.

JamStone
06-12-2008, 05:20 PM
If he plays the four he'll play the four like Marion, Lamar and Ak-47 before Boozer. Undersized and fast. I don't think it's impossible.

Elton Brand and Carlos Boozer are both rare undersized power forwards that have become legitimate stars in the league. And, both of them have girth, strength, and length on Beasley. Beasley is a better fit at small forward at the NBA level.

balli
06-12-2008, 05:25 PM
Elton Brand and Carlos Boozer are both rare undersized power forwards that have become legitimate stars in the league. And, both of them have girth, strength, and length on Beasley. Beasley is a better fit at small forward at the NBA level.

I think so too and if I were a coach that's where he'd play, but there are plenty of these long kind of skinny guys (i.e. the three I referenced) who do fine at the four. I'm willing to say Beasley would too, although I agree, the 3 spot would be more ideal.

And Boozer shouldn't be a star. He is a bitch ass coward who refuses to even try defensively and get's most of his points off of Deron's talent.

xtremesteven33
06-12-2008, 05:27 PM
id rather draft OJ Mayo over Beasley.

i can see Mayo adapting to the NBA quicker and easier than beasley. Mayo also can shoot very well and has height and can pass good.

JamStone
06-12-2008, 05:35 PM
And Boozer shouldn't be a star. He is a bitch ass coward who refuses to even try defensively and get's most of his points off of Deron's talent.

One can argue Deron isn't nearly as talented as his numbers suggest and it's Jerry Sloan's pick-and-roll offense that inflates his numbers.

balli
06-12-2008, 06:16 PM
One can argue Deron isn't nearly as talented as his numbers suggest and it's Jerry Sloan's pick-and-roll offense that inflates his numbers.

Then one would be a fucking moron who knows nothing about basketball.
gcMHO1-zNLs
Hmmmmm. Not many pick and rolls in that clip.

And Jerry Sloan's pick and roll offense? Try the most common offensive play in basketball.

The more I type the more I get pissed. That's the dumbest thing I've heard in awhile.

JamStone
06-12-2008, 06:23 PM
Just for perspective, the year after John Stockton retired, Carlos Arroyo and Raul Lopez shared the point guard duties and combined for 20 ppg and 9 apg.

balli
06-12-2008, 06:26 PM
Dude, shut the fuck up. I'm not even going to have this debate it's so fucking stupid.

JamStone
06-12-2008, 06:28 PM
Wow struck a nerve?

dickface
06-12-2008, 07:45 PM
If Beasley went to UNC, he probably would have averaged something like 15 ppg and 7 rpg. And, he would have gotten owned by the likes of Tyler Hansbrough

If Beasley went to UNC he would have been playing alongside Tyler Hansbrough.

coachmac87
06-12-2008, 10:18 PM

ok your are a fucking idiot sir........deron williams is one of the most skilled pg in the league

he didnt get drafted 3rd because of a "system"