PDA

View Full Version : This is why I want to move to Austin.

peewee's lovechild
06-12-2008, 10:43 PM
Oh yea, and now I have to see The Hulk.

http://www.aintitcoolnews.com/node/37063

midgetonadonkey
06-12-2008, 10:48 PM
Why not just drive up? It's only like 45 minutes away.

peewee's lovechild
06-12-2008, 10:55 PM
Why not just drive up? It's only like 45 minutes away.

Because it's 45 minutes.

midgetonadonkey
06-12-2008, 10:56 PM
Because it's 45 minutes.

I would think that the entire process of moving is far more inconvenient that driving 45 minutes.

exstatic
06-12-2008, 11:05 PM
Shit, I wish they would put in some fucking light rail btw SA and Austin. They could have stations in both downtowns, South Austin, SM, NB, Schertz/Selma, and somewhere near 410.

marini martini
06-12-2008, 11:09 PM
Shit, I wish they would put in some fucking light rail btw SA and Austin. They could have stations in both downtowns, South Austin, SM, NB, Schertz/Selma, and somewhere near 410.

I agree! I'd love it:toast

mrsmaalox
06-12-2008, 11:19 PM

Yea, but that would be convenient, so we just can't have that, now can we? :nope

Viva Las Espuelas
06-12-2008, 11:23 PM
austin is lame. has been since the 90's. it's a Hot Topic store with a highway system running through it.

midgetonadonkey
06-12-2008, 11:31 PM
Keep Austin Weird is the fucking dumbest shit I've ever seen.

I hate that fucking city about as much as I hate the entire state of California.

CuckingFunt
06-12-2008, 11:34 PM
Keep Austin Weird is the fucking dumbest shit I've ever seen.

Dumber than hating an entire state?

midgetonadonkey
06-12-2008, 11:40 PM
Dumber than hating an entire state?

Yes it is.

ATX Spur
06-12-2008, 11:48 PM
Having lived in both SA and Austin, I'm glad I still hang my hat in Austin.

marini martini
06-12-2008, 11:49 PM
Having lived in both SA and Austin, I'm glad I still hang my hat in Austin.

So glad you live in Austin, & I don't!!!!!!:toast

mrsmaalox
06-12-2008, 11:51 PM
So am I:toast

Since when do you live in Austin?! :lol

marini martini
06-12-2008, 11:55 PM

No D.S.! I meant so was I glad he/she hung his/her hat in Austin,ALSO!:lol

So when did you become a proctologist? It's all about the details!!!:lmao

Viva Las Espuelas
06-12-2008, 11:57 PM
after she puts her hearing aid in

ATX Spur
06-12-2008, 11:59 PM
Oh snap!

I think I missed why marini is glad I live in Austin. I'm a little confused.

mrsmaalox
06-13-2008, 12:00 AM
No D.S.! I meant so was I glad he/she hung his/her hat in Austin,ALSO!:lol

So when did you become a proctologist? It's all about the details!!!:lmao

Gawd you're a dork!!! :toast :lol

mrsmaalox
06-13-2008, 12:01 AM
Oh snap!

I think I missed why marini is glad I live in Austin. I'm a little confused.

That's okay. She's confused too!! :lol

marini martini
06-13-2008, 12:02 AM
after she puts her hearing aid in

STFU! Please! Even when they are out, your comments scream at me, in a high shrill pitch! Give me some bass, man, please:hat

Viva Las Espuelas
06-13-2008, 12:03 AM
Gawd you're a dork!!! :toast :lol
a deaf dork

Viva Las Espuelas
06-13-2008, 12:04 AM
STFU! Please! Even when they are out, your comments scream at me, in a high shrill pitch! Give me some bass, man, please:hatwow

mrsmaalox
06-13-2008, 12:05 AM
STFU! Please! Even when they are out, your comments scream at me, in a high shrill pitch! Give me some bass, man, please:hat

Viva is strictly rhythm; maybe he can turn your beat around.

marini martini
06-13-2008, 12:10 AM
O.K. you win! Give me the ryhthm, I can live with that:toast

I do, even without my hearing aids! I march to a different beat:toast
Can't you tell????:lmao

J.T.
06-13-2008, 12:51 AM
Obviously you want to move to Austin for the moontowers. Since it's the only city in the world that still uses them.

midgetonadonkey
06-13-2008, 12:58 AM
Obviously you want to move to Austin for the moontowers. Since it's the only city in the world that still uses them.

No, he wants to move there because Austin is the most gay friendly city in Texas.

marini martini
06-13-2008, 01:06 AM
:music

:lmao:lmao:lmao

AlamoSpursFan
06-13-2008, 01:14 AM
Austinites are like Coloradoans.

They want you to visit and leave your greenback dollars, but when you run out, they want you to LEAVE!!!

Oh, and Austin has the ass-kickingest morning show in the history of radio: Dudley and Bob (and Charlie Hodge) on 93.7 KLBJ-FM.

ShoogarBear
06-13-2008, 01:33 AM
I guess I'm just keeping Austin weird for the weekend.

J.T.
06-13-2008, 01:41 AM
Mangia Pizza. #1 reason to move to Austin.

ShoogarBear
06-13-2008, 01:43 AM

Sorry. Looks too much like Mangina Pizza.

Kermit
06-13-2008, 09:25 AM
No, he wants to move there because Austin is the most gay friendly city in Texas.

I believe that Dallas trumps Austin in that regard.

Extra Stout
06-13-2008, 09:32 AM
Oh yea, and now I have to see The Hulk.

http://www.aintitcoolnews.com/node/37063
Why move to Austin when you can live in Denton?

MoSpur
06-13-2008, 09:56 AM
I don't like Austin at all. I have been several times and don't get it. That's just my opinion though.

Kermit
06-13-2008, 09:59 AM
The less people who don't like Austin and don't want to move here, the better. This city is too overcrowded as it is.

leemajors
06-13-2008, 09:59 AM
you don't ever want to be near Harry Knowles, sorry. he fucking reeks - you can usually smell him across a theater.

leemajors
06-13-2008, 10:00 AM
The less people who don't like Austin and don't want to move here, the better. This city is too overcrowded as it is.

:tu

leemajors
06-13-2008, 10:01 AM
I don't like Austin at all. I have been several times and don't get it. That's just my opinion though.

what is there to get?

Extra Stout
06-13-2008, 10:22 AM
Austin is "diverse." I used to think that meant "there are lots of different kinds of people there," but then I found out that Houston is not "diverse," despite having significant enclaves of people from Vietnam, Pakistan, India, Lebanon, Egypt, Palestine and Syria, Greece, Nigeria, Jamaica, and Honduras, as well as distinct Mexican communities from several states including Nuevo Leon, San Luis Potosi, and Tabasco, and large communities of descendants from Germany, the Czech Republic, and Poland (and other countries) who still maintain a cultural identity.

I have since learned that "diverse" actually means "has lots of young, left-wing hipsters who in abstraction are tolerant of different ethnic groups they never actually encounter."

Kermit
06-13-2008, 10:31 AM
I have since learned that "diverse" actually means "has lots of young, left-wing hipsters who in abstraction are tolerant of different ethnic groups they never actually encounter."

:rollin

Oh, they encounter them. It's usually in a "walk the other way" manner or "how much do you charge" manner or "don't you play for the Longhorns" manner.

cornbread
06-13-2008, 10:37 AM
Damn, when did Harry Knowles become wheelchair-bound? That really sucks.

leemajors
06-13-2008, 10:45 AM

I saw him fall on his ass about 4-5 years ago in the lobby of the Village when I worked there, I think it was after that. No one who worked there really wanted to help him since he was such a jerk and smelled so horrid. Eventually people brought him two chairs he used to sort of push himself up with his arms while his dad and someone else helped him. He was on crutches at that point. Extreme sloth put him in a wheelchair.

Kermit
06-13-2008, 10:45 AM

Since he gained that extra 200 pounds.

ShoogarBear
06-13-2008, 05:58 PM
Austin is "diverse." I used to think that meant "there are lots of different kinds of people there," but then I found out that Houston is not "diverse," despite having significant enclaves of people from Vietnam, Pakistan, India, Lebanon, Egypt, Palestine and Syria, Greece, Nigeria, Jamaica, and Honduras, as well as distinct Mexican communities from several states including Nuevo Leon, San Luis Potosi, and Tabasco, and large communities of descendants from Germany, the Czech Republic, and Poland (and other countries) who still maintain a cultural identity.

Damn, that was good.

ShoogarBear
06-13-2008, 06:02 PM
I'm going to a movie tonight in Austin. Needless to say, I hope Harry Knowles and his odor aren't there.

RashoFan
06-13-2008, 06:41 PM

Hells Yeah!!!
We could have had that shit being built if folks would have voted for it a few years back.:donkey

Dex
06-13-2008, 07:16 PM

I just went to a Mangia's for the first time last night. Badass Chicago-style pie. Definitely will be going back again.

And yeah, you lamers who don't like Austin must not be much into nightlife or entertainment or...fun.

I used to be constantly bored as fuck when I lived in San Antonio. Been in Austin about a year, it's hard to NOT find something to do in Austin whether it be music, festivals, nightlife, or just general mischief. Not to mention the people here are more laid back and the police aren't looking for any excuse to write your ass a ticket

mouse
06-13-2008, 07:35 PM
One of my favorite times bombing on stage was at the Velveeta room. Any town where you can get a tattoo at 2 AM is cool by me! :tu

J.T.
06-13-2008, 08:13 PM
I used to be constantly bored as fuck when I lived in San Antonio. Been in Austin about a year, it's hard to NOT find something to do in Austin whether it be music, festivals, nightlife, or just general mischief. Not to mention the people here are more laid back and the police aren't looking for any excuse to write your ass a ticket

+1

And on the subject of Austin PD, I have never gotten a ticket in Travis County. Ever. I've been pulled over for speeding three times, and all three times I was going at least 10 over the limit and got warnings each time. I've never had any problems in Williamson County except getting pulled over for a tail light not working. But my friend has gotten about 20 citations in WillCo in the last year, though he isn't very subtle about his underage alcohol consumption, drug use, and overall just being a dumb fuck while he's intoxicated. Anyway, he may be the exception to the rule but I tend to stay as far away from WillCo as I can when I'm going to be partying in the A.

J.T.
06-13-2008, 08:14 PM
One of my favorite times bombing on stage was at the Velveeta room. Any town where you can get a tattoo at 2 AM is cool by me! :tu

You can get anything in Austin at 2AM. And I mean anything.

Johnny_Blaze_47
06-13-2008, 10:28 PM
Because it's 45 minutes.

Lazy beaner.

Johnny_Blaze_47
06-13-2008, 10:32 PM
You can get anything in Austin at 2AM. And I mean anything.

Lazy beaner?