PDA

View Full Version : Fakers complete the greatest choke job in NBA playoff history!

baseline bum
06-12-2008, 10:52 PM
Celtics come from 21 down after one to shit all over the Fakers on their homecourt. Biggest blown lead after one quarter in NBA playoff history. :lol

FTL

thispego
06-12-2008, 10:54 PM
Celtics come from 21 down after one to shit all over the Fakers on their homecourt. Biggest blown lead after one quarter in NBA playoff history. :lol

FTL
:lmao

timvp
Eat it, Laker Fan.

VaSpursFan
it was fun to watch the lakers get their comeuppance after all the celebrating they were doing when they were up 24:lol:lol:lol:ihit

baseline bum
How pissed are those LA fans who paid $22,000 for their courtside seat? :lmao

Aggie Hoopsfan
06-12-2008, 10:55 PM
This is all a Circle of Seven Fixer job [/laker lanny]

ducks

FTL

WRONG 24 down

Aggie Hoopsfan
Bonus points to Vujacic for giving up an uncontested layup with the game on the line :lmao

DazedAndConfused
I'm not even going to rationalize this loss. It was an epic, epic, fail. Enjoy it Spur fan, this is your pseudo-championship.

I hate to say it, but Phil Jackson got outcoached tonight. He just was not able to counter the Celtic's small lineup.

ducks
06-12-2008, 10:56 PM
big choke job was kobe
paul peiece on him all second half and he shot terrible

T Park
06-12-2008, 10:56 PM
That with a bottle of dos equis made for a nice night :tu

braeden0613
06-12-2008, 10:57 PM
The curse continues....these teams need to learn that beating the spurs means an epic collapse in the finals. Just let us win next time

resistanze
LOL @ Vujacic. He "shut down" Manu, but couldn't stop Ray Allen on a drive??

JamStone
WRONG 24 down

No, it was 21 points after one. It got up to 24 somewhere in the second quarter.

ducks
06-12-2008, 10:58 PM
the lead was 24 and you baically gave up a 20 point lead in the 3 quarter

Aggie Hoopsfan
06-12-2008, 10:59 PM
LOL @ Vujacic. He "shut down" Manu, but couldn't stop Ray Allen on a drive??

Shit like this happens when the guy you're guarding isn't playing on one leg.

dbreiden83080
06-12-2008, 10:59 PM
:lmao:lmao:lmao

Oh god so lets have a good offseason and just reclaim this thing like always

thispego
06-12-2008, 11:01 PM
Bonus points to Vujacic for giving up an uncontested layup with the game on the line :lmao

ducks
S. Vujacic 23:48 1-9

thispego
You Spur clowns act like it was your team that won tonight. This series is going 7.

:lmao :lmao :lmao

let this be a lesson that cheaters never prosper

J.T.
06-12-2008, 11:02 PM
You Spur clowns act like it was your team that won tonight. This series is going 7.

:lmao it's probably not even going 6

Spurtacus

http://www.bbc.co.uk/parenting/images/300/baby_crying_closeup.jpg

E20
Fuck the lakers. That's all I really ahve to say.

E20
06-12-2008, 11:03 PM
FTL

Is taht FUck the Lakers or for the loss?

spursfan09

awww a fan who still believes...

caŽlo
i cant believe i was rooting for the celtics the entire game.

3-1!

Medvedenko
Yup a big choke job for the young lakers. It's a great learning experience for this season. They still have a chance as the last time I checked there's still at least 1 more game to play. However, it's been a bonus to even be in the finals this year. As a fan I'm not too upset as the Lakers played well, but are getting beat by a superior defensive team. I give it up to the celtics and their defensive schemes, and they also have hit huge shots when they needed it.

Only 1 team can win the whole thing and it's no shame in losing to a better team.

romad_20
06-12-2008, 11:04 PM

Sure. Nothing pulls a team together like a swift punch in the side from Kobe. I'm sure the troops will be just rallying around him tonight. :lol the lakers lockerroom after the game = :smchode:

Mr. Body
I'm not even going to rationalize this loss. It was an epic, epic, fail. Enjoy it Spur fan, this is your pseudo-championship.

I hate to say it, but Phil Jackson got outcoached tonight. He just was not able to counter the Celtic's small lineup.

Your team is the softest, whiniest team to ever get to the Finals. Phil Jackson has been absolutely terrible in the last two Finals he's been in. Vujacic and Gasol's help defense against Ray Allen was laughable.

Budkin
Karma is a motherfucker.

romsho
06-12-2008, 11:05 PM

No, it's not. But it is enjoyable.

Mr. Body
06-12-2008, 11:05 PM
Sure. Nothing pulls a team together like a swift punch in the side from Kobe. I'm sure the troops will be just rallying around him tonight. :lol the lakers lockerroom after the game = :smchode:

I wouldn't want to be hotel staff anywhere Kobe stays in the near future. Even if I'm an okay looking girl I stay away.

Someone's gonna get raped.

cornbread
06-12-2008, 11:06 PM
I'm that guessing that MFFLs everywhere are thanking the Lakers for taking some of the heat off the Mavs for '06.

J.T.
Kobe just out-choked the '07 Mavs, the '06-'08 Pistons, the Utah Jazz (any playoff year), and the D'Antoni-Era Suns in one game.

BiZNicK
EPIC FAIL goes straight into the books. Nice choke job Lakers...and being in the finals makes it mucchhhhh worse.

I usually dont like Lakers media attention but Im looking foward to it now

lefty
06-12-2008, 11:07 PM

:lmao:rollin:lol:downspin::ihit

Trainwreck2100
06-12-2008, 11:08 PM
Yup a big choke job for the young lakers. It's a great learning experience for this season. They still have a chance as the last time I checked there's still at least 1 more game to play. However, it's been a bonus to even be in the finals this year. As a fan I'm not too upset as the Lakers played well, but are getting beat by a superior defensive team. I give it up to the celtics and their defensive schemes, and they also have hit huge shots when they needed it.

Only 1 team can win the whole thing and it's no shame in losing to a better team.

There's a whole lot a shame to lose to a worse team

Medvedenko
06-12-2008, 11:08 PM
Karma is a motherfucker.

Really...you actually believe that...then why did your team lose. Was it Karma....

Anyways, I give it up to the Lakers. You people on this board make it seem like you actually benefit your own existence if the Lakers win or lose. The C's are the better team and have been for the entire season. This wasn't lost on me when the series even started. I'll continue to post here if they lose, no big deal in my life really. I'm just happy I get to see my favourite team play in the finals.

It's been very lucky as a fan to see your team in 5 finals in 8 years. It looks good next year as well. No worries.

DazedAndConfused
06-12-2008, 11:09 PM
There is no rationalizing this loss Laker fans. It was a huge collapse from top to bottom.

Let's hope LAL can win Game 5 and not embarrass themselves by letting the Celtics beat us in LA.

romad_20
06-12-2008, 11:10 PM
Really...you actually believe that...then why did your team lose. Was it Karma....

Anyways, I give it up to the Lakers. You people on this board make it seem like you actually benefit your own existence if the Lakers win or lose. The C's are the better team and have been for the entire season. This wasn't lost on me when the series even started. I'll continue to post here if they lose, no big deal in my life really. I'm just happy I get to see my favourite team play in the finals.

It's been very lucky as a fan to see your team in 5 finals in 8 years. It looks good next year as well. No worries.

Damn, Canadians are too nice.

Mr. Body
06-12-2008, 11:11 PM
Anyways, I give it up to the Lakers.

:lol

Lakers fan coming on here to laud his team. Aren't there lakers boards somewhere on the internet?

Matchman
WHERE ARE ALL THE FAKER TROLLS NOW?! LoL
:lmao:lmao:rollin:lol:toast

Spurtacus
I'm glad Lakers fans are NOT blaming the officials or scoreboard for the loss. Phil Jackson might though.

Mr. Body
06-12-2008, 11:12 PM
WHERE ARE ALL THE FAKER TROLLS NOW?! LoL
:lmao:lmao:rollin:lol:toast

Amazingly some of them are still here, talking about what a fine team they have. Whatever.

ducks
06-12-2008, 11:13 PM

good post
however I feel the lakers are still not better then the spurs

BiZNicK
06-12-2008, 11:16 PM
lol funny how laker fans want to turn shit around on us.

Accept your team's choke job and cry yourselves to sleep

Matchman
06-12-2008, 11:17 PM
Amazingly some of them are still here, talking about what a fine team they have. Whatever.

amazing thing is that i was rooting for the Lakers squad the entire game and i dont have any problem with the rational laker fans supporting their team here. but some of their trolls are so fuckng annoying that i have to LOL at them when they lose

DazedAndConfused
06-12-2008, 11:18 PM
I think it's a little bit hypocritical to talk about choke jobs when the Spurs blew 18 and 17 point leads against the Lakers twice in the prior series.

The Lakers lost this game in the 2nd half. They outplayed BOS for a quarter and then completely fell apart afterwards.

Medvedenko
06-12-2008, 11:19 PM
lol funny how laker fans want to turn shit around on us.

Accept your team's choke job and cry yourselves to sleep

What do you mean turn it around on spur fans. Please, have a blast and feel good with the lakers losing. Good for you. I'm glad you take great rejoice in their demise. With the amount of posts you have recently regarding the Lakers, I'm sure you're a bigger fan than I am......

spursfan09
06-12-2008, 11:20 PM
Thats different thought. When Spurs make finals, they take full advantage and win them

ducks
I think it's a little bit hypocritical to talk about choke jobs when the Spurs blew 18 and 17 point leads against the Lakers twice in the prior series.

The Lakers lost this game in the 2nd half. They outplayed BOS for a quarter and then completely fell apart afterwards.

spurs big three were not healthy and they were very tired thanks to that wcf schedule

Mr. Body

There's a difference between age and injury, which the Spurs have, and a complete and utter lack of balls and heart, which the Lakers have.

ducks
06-12-2008, 11:21 PM
manu also should not have played in game 2 but pop did not have balls to sit his ass

Medvedenko
06-12-2008, 11:22 PM
There's a difference between age and injury, which the Spurs have, and a complete and utter lack of balls and heart, which the Lakers have.

Look we get it...the Lakers have no balls and heart, who cares, well you do. Good for you. It's just a game really...think about it. Unless you are actually playing for either team, it really doesn't matter.

TampaDude
06-12-2008, 11:22 PM
The curse continues....these teams need to learn that beating the spurs means an epic collapse in the finals. Just let us win next time

Yup...anyone see a pattern here???

2003 - Spurs win NBA Title
2004 - .4 - Lakers get crushed by the Pistons in the Finals
2005 - Spurs win NBA Title
2006 - Manu foul - Mavs get embarrassed by the Heat in the Finals
2007 - Spurs win NBA Title
2008 - Manu hurt - Lakers suffer the biggest choke in NBA history in Game 4 of the Finals and fall behind 3-1...no team in Finals history has ever come back from a 3-1 deficit.

Stay tuned...more to come...

Crookshanks
06-12-2008, 11:23 PM
In other news - Kobe demands to be traded to the Celtics - BEFORE game 5! :lmao

dbreiden83080
06-12-2008, 11:23 PM

Do you now admit that Manu's injury was a bigger factor than you thought and the Lakers looked really good against a Spurs team that was a shell of themselves?? That is what the media did with their picks. They based it all on your 5 game win against us. This is the same Laker team that had their hands full with the Jazz whom a healthy Spurs team whipped in 5 games the year before.

BiZNicK
06-12-2008, 11:24 PM
Kobe just out-choked the '07 Mavs, the '06-'08 Pistons, the Utah Jazz (any playoff year), and the D'Antoni-Era Suns in one game.

Don't forget outchoking his '06 team's 3-1 lead over the Suns

dbreiden83080
06-12-2008, 11:25 PM
Yup...anyone see a pattern here???

2003 - Spurs win NBA Title
2004 - .4 - Lakers get crushed by the Pistons in the Finals
2005 - Spurs win NBA Title
2006 - Manu foul - Mavs get embarrassed by the Heat in the Finals
2007 - Spurs win NBA Title
2008 - Manu hurt - Lakers suffer the biggest choke in NBA history in Game 4 of the Finals and fall behind 3-1...no team in Finals history has ever come back from a 3-1 deficit.

LOL, i started a thread on this that is a great post. :toast

Capt Bringdown
06-12-2008, 11:26 PM
This just makes me madder that we didn't add just a few new wrinkles in the offseason.
How much fun it would have been to defeat Boston in the finals.

Medvedenko
06-12-2008, 11:27 PM
Do you now admit that Manu's injury was a bigger factor than you thought and the Lakers looked really good against a Spurs team that was a shell of themselves?? That is what the media did with their picks. They based it all on your 5 game win against us. This is the same Laker team that had their hands full with the Jazz whom a healthy Spurs team whipped in 5 games the year before.

Look dude, if you're going to talk basketball, keep in the finals. There's no reason going back in time with revisionist history. Just enjoy the offseason.

Avitus1
06-12-2008, 11:28 PM
Celtics in 5!

BiZNicK
06-12-2008, 11:28 PM
Yea...at least the Spurs don't choke in the FINALS

dbreiden83080
06-12-2008, 11:31 PM
Look dude, if you're going to talk basketball, keep in the finals. There's no reason going back in time with revisionist history. Just enjoy the offseason.

Okay Dude i'll do that pass me the Weed. :hat

DazedAndConfused
06-12-2008, 11:34 PM
If anything the Lakers have wildly overachieved with the team they have this season. Getting to the Finals is a remarkable accomplishment when your defensive anchor is Pau Gasol. The Lakers have been winning on pure offense the entire way through.

ballhog
06-12-2008, 11:34 PM

:lol

Mr. Body
06-12-2008, 11:35 PM

I just wanted to remind you your team sucks and is blowing the Finals in a very big way. With the Donaghy accusations this could be the worst week in Lakers history. You're getting two Championships taken away from you.

Cheers.

dbreiden83080
06-12-2008, 11:36 PM
If anything the Lakers have wildly overachieved with the team they have this season. Getting to the Finals is a remarkable accomplishment when your defensive anchor is Pau Gasol. The Lakers have been winning on pure offense the entire way through.

They would have lost if Manu was healthy, there is little doubt of that. Celts have not played well on offense for much of the series, KG has sucked BALLS and they have you in a 3-1 ditch. You got lucky getting here, pure and simple.

dbreiden83080
06-12-2008, 11:37 PM

LOL, go back to the player top 10 thread and keep embarassing yourself.

Medvedenko
06-12-2008, 11:37 PM
I just wanted to remind you your team sucks and is blowing the Finals in a very big way. With the Donaghy accusations this could be the worst week in Lakers history. You're getting two Championships taken away from you.

Cheers.

I don't why I keep posting after your stupid comments, but the Lakers loss has washed over me. However, your life must pure sadness given your glee with the lakers loss. I guess the Laker team sucks, so what does that make the Spurs, or any other western conf. team. Don't answer, because it doesn't matter.

ballhog
06-12-2008, 11:38 PM
http://www.emergencymedicaled.com/images/chokingsign.gif

Mr. Body
06-12-2008, 11:40 PM
I don't why I keep posting after your stupid comments, but the Lakers loss has washed over me. However, your life must pure sadness given your glee with the lakers loss. I guess the Laker team sucks, so what does that make the Spurs, or any other western conf. team. Don't answer, because it doesn't matter.

The Spurs fought hard but are widely recognized to be old and unable. The Lakers have been fluffed by ESPN for so long everyone hates their guts. Kobe is a freakish prick and no matter how much the media wants people to see him as Jordan, most of us understand he's a withered husk of a person. We're rejoicing this soft-ass team hasn't won a championship, because they were flagrantly undeserving, and adding as a cherry, we're glad one of the most classless people in all of basketball, Phil Jackson, is falling very publicly on his face. It's good times.

I'd rather my team win, but to see this bunch of goons go down in very visible flames is highly satisfying. It's like watching the Republicans die a slow death. Thumbs up.

DazedAndConfused
06-12-2008, 11:43 PM
The Spurs fought hard but are widely recognized to be old and unable. The Lakers have been fluffed by ESPN for so long everyone hates their guts. Kobe is a freakish prick and no matter how much the media wants people to see him as Jordan, most of us understand he's a withered husk of a person. We're rejoicing this soft-ass team hasn't won a championship, because they were flagrantly undeserving, and adding as a cherry, we're glad one of the most classless people in all of basketball, Phil Jackson, is falling very publicly on his face. It's good times.

I'd rather my team win, but to see this bunch of goons go down in very visible flames is highly satisfying. It's like watching the Republicans die a slow death. Thumbs up.

And yet the Spurs have been eliminated from the playoffs yet again by the Lakers, Tiaggo Splitter is not coming to save the Spurs, Horry/Barry/Finley and the rest of your vaunted bench is probably going to retire, and Manu/Duncan just got a year older in a conference that is becoming more and more competitive. Yea, it's a great time to be a Spurs fan.

You probably won't ever see the Spurs in the Finals in the Tim Duncan era ever again.

GrandeDavid
06-12-2008, 11:44 PM
How pissed are those LA fans who paid $22,000 for their courtside seat? :lmao

I'm glad the Lakers lost believe me. But in all honesty, I'm guessing that those who sat courtside aren't going to miss that money, even the ones who weren't given the tickets by the Lakers org. or some big corporation.

Medvedenko
06-12-2008, 11:45 PM

You must have a real empty life, or you're under 20 years old and still figuring life out. I have never seen another fan from another team so obsessed with the Lakers. I applaud you.

Holt's Cat
06-12-2008, 11:47 PM
After win: fuck you motherfuckers and your dirty podunk city!!!111

After loss: it's just a game...

baseline bum
06-12-2008, 11:49 PM
F T L

peskypesky
06-12-2008, 11:52 PM
F T L

:toast

Spurtacus
06-12-2008, 11:59 PM
And yet the Spurs have been eliminated from the playoffs yet again by the Lakers, Tiaggo Splitter is not coming to save the Spurs, Horry/Barry/Finley and the rest of your vaunted bench is probably going to retire, and Manu/Duncan just got a year older in a conference that is becoming more and more competitive. Yea, it's a great time to be a Spurs fan.

You probably won't ever see the Spurs in the Finals in the Tim Duncan era ever again.

Horry/Barry/Finley retiring will be a good thing for the Spurs. :lol

peskypesky
06-13-2008, 12:03 AM
Spurs will be in 2009 Finals. Book it.

baseline bum
06-13-2008, 12:04 AM
Spurs will win the 2009 Finals. Book it.

Corrected

gmartin02
06-13-2008, 12:15 AM
You Spur clowns act like it was your team that won tonight. This series is going 7.You are delusional - this series is over

Purple & Gold
06-13-2008, 12:17 AM
Lakers still own the spurs

dbreiden83080
06-13-2008, 12:18 AM

Yeah a injury riddled verision

peskypesky
06-13-2008, 12:21 AM

only when Manu can't play

Purple & Gold
06-13-2008, 12:21 AM
Yeah a injury riddled verision

:rolleyes I forgot the Lakers were healthy.

http://www.andrew-bynum.net/pictures/andrew-bynum-0018.jpg

genomefreak13
06-13-2008, 12:22 AM
I wonder how in hell does the Fakers fans who called us chokers sleep at night now??

slayermin
06-13-2008, 12:26 AM

Vick "The Brick" Jacobs posts on Spurstalk.

Shouldn't you be helping the Kobester down his 20 shots of tequila?

Purple & Gold
06-13-2008, 12:27 AM
I wonder how in hell does the Fakers fans who called us chokers sleep at night now??

Maybe you can help us out. You had 2 choke jobs last series.

baseline bum
06-13-2008, 12:28 AM

Vick "The Brick" Jacobs posts on Spurstalk.

Shouldn't you be helping the Kobester down his 20 shots of tequila?

He's too busy wetting the bed.

dbreiden83080
06-13-2008, 12:28 AM

Bynum compared to Manu :lol:lmao:lmao:lmao

DazedAndConfused
06-13-2008, 12:33 AM
First of all the Lakers choked big time tonight.

But NO Spur fan is in position to talk shit when his team choked not once, but twice in the prior series against the Lakers.

J.T.
06-13-2008, 12:40 AM

But NO Spur fan is in position to talk shit when his team choked not once, but twice in the prior series against the Lakers.

Spurs have three more recent championships than the Lakers do, so what if you have more silver trophies than us. Nobody remembers who came in 3rd, or 2nd. If the Lakers lose they'll have accomplished just what the Spurs did, nothing.

Purple & Gold
06-13-2008, 12:54 AM
Spurs have three more recent championships than the Lakers do, so what if you have more silver trophies than us. Nobody remembers who came in 3rd, or 2nd. If the Lakers lose they'll have accomplished just what the Spurs did, nothing.

spurs are still the Lakers bitch :lol :lol :lol

DDS4
06-13-2008, 12:56 AM
Where is the Laker defense? That layup by Allen is completely inexcusable. Championship teams can shut down teams especially in the 4th, and the Lakers are not doing that at all.

I think the inexperience really showed in the 2nd half.

J.T.
06-13-2008, 12:59 AM
spurs are still the Lakers bitch :lol :lol :lol

The Lakers have done nothing since 2002. In the same time the Spurs have three championships. At least the Spurs aren't 2-9 against one team in the Finals.

Indazone
06-13-2008, 01:05 AM

With all attention on the referees, this game is over next game. 4-1 Celtics

It was fun while it lasted c'ya next year FAKERS!!

KidCongo
06-13-2008, 01:08 AM
hahah suck shit

can't beat the east

DazedAndConfused
06-13-2008, 01:19 AM
Defense, defense, defense. The Lakers will inevitably fall short this year because they simply aren't a good enough defensive team.

They've been able to hide their weaknesses thus far because they haven't played a team with Boston's combination of strong defense and good offense. Those last two layups by Ray Allen just encapsulated it all for me, we need an anchor and enforcer in the paint to deter that kind of easy penetration.

When Bynum returns he will cover up a lot of those weaknesses on his own as he has the length, athleticism, and quickness to alter shots and deter easy penetration. It might also be a smart move to get rid of Odom in the offseason for a lockdown perimeter defender like Ron Artest, so Kobe can rest on defense and save his energy.

In short, the Lakers are close to having a championship team. A few minor tweaks in the off season and they will be right back in the Finals next year. Gotta take your lumps before you win it all.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
06-13-2008, 01:22 AM

:lol @ collusionists

Take away the Gasol trade and we'd be back at even

bostonguy
06-13-2008, 01:38 AM
:lmao:lmao Thanks for the support guys. I know we are the lesser of 2 evils but glad to know that we are being rooted for.:toast

DazedAndConfused
06-13-2008, 01:40 AM
:lmao:lmao Thanks for the support guys. I know we are the lesser of 2 evils but glad to know that we are being rooted for.:toast

BOS is pretty much universally hated in football and baseball, but they've been so irrelevant in basketball for so long that people have forgotten their old Celtic hate.

The Lakers, OTOH, with their continued success in each decade are the most hated team in basketball by far. Especially by Spur fan, whose team has fallen at the hands of the Lakers more times than I can count.

bostonguy
06-13-2008, 01:40 AM

If the Lakers dont win this series, you wont be in position to talk shit either. At the end of the day, only one team has any right to talk shit and that is the one who wins the championships. Beating the Spurs and losing in the finals means your finish to the 2007-2008 season ended the same way the spurs did....coming up short but no ring.

bostonguy
06-13-2008, 01:41 AM
BOS is pretty much universally hated in football and baseball, but they've been so irrelevant in basketball for so long that people have forgotten their old Celtic hate.

The Lakers, OTOH, with their continued success in each decade are the most hated team in basketball by far. Especially by Spur fan, whose team has fallen at the hands of the Lakers more times than I can count.

Youll be back next year. Plus this fucking series isnt even over yet. 3-1 means nothing if you cant close it out. Kobe scares the fuck out of me too.

DazedAndConfused
06-13-2008, 01:42 AM
If the Lakers dont win this series, you wont be in position to talk shit either. At the end of the day, only one team has any right to talk shit and that is the one who wins the championships. Beating the Spurs and losing in the finals means your finish to the 2007-2008 season ended the same way the spurs did....coming up short but no ring.

Agreed, that's why I'm saying it's pointless to talk shit when your team has already lost.

J.T.
06-13-2008, 01:43 AM
So bostonguy, do you think the Pats will be able to pull off 37-1 or will they not go for perfect again this year and just try to win the Super Bowl?

DazedAndConfused
06-13-2008, 01:46 AM
Youll be back next year. Plus this fucking series isnt even over yet. 3-1 means nothing if you cant close it out. Kobe scares the fuck out of me too.

That's probably why this loss doesn't hurt so much. I know the team we have isn't going anywhere, if anything it will only get significantly stronger in the areas we are weak right now.

bostonguy
06-13-2008, 01:50 AM
So bostonguy, do you think the Pats will be able to pull off 37-1 or will they not go for perfect again this year and just try to win the Super Bowl?

I would hope for a superbowl at any costs. If there is one thing I have learned the hard way, winning all these games mean nothing if you dont win the championship. If they have to go 8-8 and win all their playoff games on last second plays to win the superbowl, ill take that in a heartbeat.

JT why did you ask me an nfl question? Now you got me thinking about the upcoming season. Ill be in the nfl forum throughout the year so I hope to see you there. Im curious to see who steps up to be the new #2 guy with Marvins age and health issues. I personally think Anthony Gonzalez is someone I like for that role if he doesnt drop too many balls. Damn it now im ranting about football again. :lmao:lmao

bostonguy
06-13-2008, 01:51 AM
That's probably why this loss doesn't hurt so much. I know the team we have isn't going anywhere, if anything it will only get significantly stronger in the areas we are weak right now.

Keep Ariza, and I hope Bynum can stay healthy. Use the mle on a backup bigman and I would maybe see if I could package a few players such as Vlad/Walton for a better win (Mike Miller).

David Wooderson
06-13-2008, 01:52 AM
I would hope for a superbowl at any costs. If there is one thing I have learned the hard way, winning all these games mean nothing if you dont win the championship. If they have to go 8-8 and win all their playoff games on last second plays to win the superbowl, ill take that in a heartbeat.

JT why did you ask me an nfl question? Now you got me thinking about the upcoming season. Ill be in the nfl forum throughout the year so I hope to see you there. Im curious to see who steps up to be the new #2 guy with Marvins age and health issues. I personally think Anthony Gonzalez is someone I like for that role if he doesnt drop too many balls. Damn it now im ranting again. :lmao:lmao

Marvin Harrison will probably be in jail for shooting someone in Philly so Gonzalez doesn't have a choice.

ChumpDumper
06-13-2008, 03:15 AM
And here I was wanting the Lakers to win.

You guys suck.

MateoNeygro
06-13-2008, 10:36 AM

:rollin:rollin:lol HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH FUCK THE LAKERS

BiZNicK
06-13-2008, 10:42 AM
Are the Faker fans still trying to defend their team's choke job?? LOL, just shush already.

MateoNeygro
06-13-2008, 10:46 AM

HAHA THAT'S LAUGHABLE, EAT A DICK

MateoNeygro
06-13-2008, 10:50 AM

laker fans telling us what we have no right to do in our own forum?? i forgot you have to be here and take all this shit, if you don't like it leave you panzy!! :flag:

MateoNeygro
06-13-2008, 10:53 AM

HELL YAH MAN GO BOSTON, PAUL PIERCE IS THE TRUTH, KOBE NOT SO MUCH

LakeShow
06-13-2008, 11:27 AM
This was the one time that I would have prefered Kwame rather than Gasol. I'm sorry, Gasol is just too fucking soft for me. At least kwame would have held his own down low.

As a Lakers fan this has to be the worst loss I have ever experienced as a Lakers fan. No way were the supposed to lose that game. that sucks!

Kobe, I luv you and I'm glad you're a lakers but you disappointed me as well. I could see the defeatish attitude you were displaying at the 5 minute mark. This series is not over but I can not say that I have confidenced in the Lakers pulling it out.

Boston Celtics and fans, good game. You showed what champions are made of, my hats off to you. :toast

Red Hawk #21
06-13-2008, 11:39 AM
Sorry guys but I cant agree that this was a choke job by the Lakers, I was saying it before that the Celtics are just a better team than the Lakers. Their defense and their hunger is what has brought them this far, dont get me wrong I think its an Epic Fail to blow a 24 point lead but I still think the Celtics are the better team. If the Lakers were the better team and they were down 3-1 then they choked but since they were not the better team imo they did not choke. Just my two cents

shelshor
06-13-2008, 12:40 PM
meh, Auerbach's Ghost & the Leprechaun forgot that the Flakies no longer play in the Forum; took 'em 6 1/2 quarters to find the new place

TampaDude
06-13-2008, 05:17 PM
So...will the Lakers hold off the Celtics on Sunday and extend the series, or will the Celtics SHUT DOWN THE STAPLES CENTER???

LakerHater
06-13-2008, 05:44 PM
http://i3.ebayimg.com/03/i/000/f4/4d/f30c_2.JPG (http://cgi.ebay.com/BOSTON-CELTICS-T-shirt-The-Lakers-SUCK-SIZE-SMALL_W0QQitemZ230257778082QQihZ013QQcategoryZ1568 7QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1 638Q2em118Q2el1247#ebayphotohosting)

gasolina
06-13-2008, 11:04 PM
Agreed, that's why I'm saying it's pointless to talk shit when your team has already lost.

True. But the Spurs have newer trophies than we do. 3 in fact since our last one. Thats painful

resistanze
06-13-2008, 11:29 PM
True. But the Spurs have newer trophies than we do. 3 in fact since our last one. Thats painful

:lol I have a feeling you're not actually a Laker fan.

DazedAndConfused
06-13-2008, 11:34 PM

He's not. I think he's a Suns fan to be honest. He has this fascination with Shaq, Amare, and Diaw being the strongest frontcourt in the league :lmao

gasolina
06-13-2008, 11:38 PM

A realist Laker fan if you will:toast

gasolina
06-13-2008, 11:40 PM
He's not. I think he's a Suns fan to be honest. He has this fascination with Shaq, Amare, and Diaw being the strongest frontcourt in the league :lmao

So you truly believe Bynum>Shaq:lmao or Gasol>Amare:lmao
Odom>Diaw:toast???

mbass
06-14-2008, 08:26 AM

I'm not so sure that it is the Laker's team - more likely the hatred is directed against Kobe and what he represents - a self-centered, egotistical, can get away with anything, attitude. He generates a feeling as close to hate as most of us have ever experienced.

The Celtic players, by contrast, represent team basketball and unselfishness.

gasolina
06-14-2008, 09:25 AM
I'm not so sure that it is the Laker's team - more likely the hatred is directed against Kobe and what he represents - a self-centered, egotistical, can get away with anything, attitude. He generates a feeling as close to hate as most of us have ever experienced.

A few Laker fans in Boston!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x7NgP2qVrY4

Reggie Miller
06-14-2008, 03:13 PM

I couldn't have said it better, except for maybe tossing in a few "overrated" comments. ;)

I hate the Lakers with the passion of a thousand fiery suns. Ours is an epic hate, on par with that of say, Richard III and Henry VII, Sallieri and Mozart, Khan and Kirk, or perhaps even Dennis and Mr. Wilson.

Reggie Miller
06-14-2008, 03:32 PM

I can't remember ever not hating the Lakers AND Celtics. When the Pacers were winning their ABA championships, Red Auerbach and Bill Sharman went out of their way to disparage them and the ABA. (This was particularly galling since Sharman had coached the 70-71 Utah Stars team that prevented Indiana from winning four in a row.) In both cases, they were completely unsolicited, gratuitous swipes at Bob Leonard, the team, and the league. I later learned this was out of character for Sharman, but pretty tame by Auerbach standards.

I really grew to hate the Celtics when they would face the Pacers in the playoffs, and more people around here were rooting for Bird instead of Indiana. My hatred of the Lakers obviously reached its peak in 2000, although the rapist has helped me keep my edge.

SenorSpur
06-14-2008, 06:00 PM
:downspin:

The Franchise
06-14-2008, 08:11 PM

This is the smartest most rational Laker fan anywhere!!!!:toastProps Med.

SenorSpur
06-14-2008, 08:25 PM

Most sensible post from an opposing team.

Mr Dio
06-15-2008, 10:38 AM
L*akers complete the greatest FLOP in NBA history this wk. :lol

It would be awesome to see how the shitty la fans treat their losers when all is said and done.

Thread
12-24-2013, 07:45 PM
Fakers complete the greatest choke job in NBA playoff history! (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=98930&highlight=Spurs+win+NBA+2007+title)

tee, hee.

Arnold Toht
12-24-2013, 07:51 PM
tee, hee.

Oh, boy. Am I asking too much for the Spurs to go back to the Finals only to lose, again?

Deuce Bigalow
12-24-2013, 09:17 PM
insert antonio.gif here

lefty
12-24-2013, 10:26 PM
4 is even worse than 6

Thread
12-24-2013, 10:27 PM
4 is even worse than 6

Sure.

m>s
12-24-2013, 10:39 PM