PDA

View Full Version : 3-1!? Doesn't seem fixed to me...

SPURSGOAT
06-12-2008, 10:56 PM
If the NBA is so rigged then why is David Sterns' golden boy Kobe and favorite Lakers down 3-1? :hat

Damn and Sasha getting burned by old ass Allen at the end... :lol

That was great watching the Celtics come back from 24 down.

ATXSPUR
06-12-2008, 11:04 PM
Lakers getting destroyed in finals second time in a row :That's a good thing
Celtics dick sucking being at an all time high: That's a bad thing

Damnit I hate these finals.

E20
06-12-2008, 11:06 PM
Fuck why did we lose to these lakers? That is how you are supposed to guard kobe not let him taken open jump shots all day long, like what the spur did.

Dex
06-12-2008, 11:07 PM
Because the league's other poster boy is on the other side of the 24-point comeback?

The NBA won as soon as both the Lakers and the Celtics made the Finals. Either way, they have the storyline they wanted.

spursfan09
06-12-2008, 11:10 PM
Fuck why did we lose to these lakers? That is how you are supposed to guard kobe not let him taken open jump shots all day long, like what the spur did.

Also helps to have a healthy Manu Ginobili

E20
06-12-2008, 11:11 PM
If we played better D we could have beaten them w/o a healthy manu. Playing better D on kobe wins us Games 1 and 4 and 5

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
06-12-2008, 11:11 PM
How can it be fixed when Stern got himself the win-win situation?

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
06-12-2008, 11:12 PM
If we played better D we could have beaten them w/o a healthy manu. Playing better D on kobe wins us Games 1 and 4 and 5

+ 1

It was a stupid game plan on Kobe.

WayOutWest
06-12-2008, 11:13 PM
Great game by the Celtics, the best part of the game was the refs were not the focus. Sucks to be on this end of a blown monster lead but that's the way it goes sometimes.

If there was any chance of a "fix" extending this series it is gone now with all the focus on past "fixes".

Hope the Lakers show some pride and send it back to Boston.

my2sons
06-12-2008, 11:20 PM
because tim donahy's all over the place, fbi probes and the perception that its loaded, means stern has to lay low and lay we are clean

my2sons
06-12-2008, 11:21 PM
man phill, that asterick must taste like dog shit, with the choke job you're pulling in this series. awesome display of coaching

Oh, Gee!!
06-12-2008, 11:22 PM
If the NBA is so rigged then why is David Sterns' golden boy Kobe and favorite Lakers down 3-1?

cuz Stern is an East Coast guy.

underdawg
06-12-2008, 11:27 PM
+ 1

It was a stupid game plan on Kobe.

nah, - we just don't have the right players to defend quick/tall athletic players. I know you're shocked when I say that with players on our squad like Oberto, but really we do sort of suck when a driving player is able to dish off to a taller athletic player (i.e. Kobe to Gasol.)

v2freak
06-12-2008, 11:28 PM
I'll wait to see how the rest of the series turns out before making conclusions. I still don't think it's going under 6

Oh, Gee!!
06-12-2008, 11:32 PM
I'll wait to see how the rest of the series turns out before making conclusions. I still don't think it's going under 6

nah--Lakers are gonna fold next game. it's over.

Capt Bringdown
06-12-2008, 11:32 PM

Yes...another shameful chapter in our history vs the Lakers. Pop shrivels up and dies when he sees the Lakers in the playoffs.

Happy that the Lakers are going down like bitches, but I'm still angry that we should have played better and that they still own us, big time.

milkyway21
06-12-2008, 11:33 PM
hey Laker fans:

Coach Popovich : 4-0 in the finals

Oh, Gee!!
06-12-2008, 11:34 PM
but I'm still angry that we should have played better and that they still own us, big time.

next year will be different

Ocotillo
06-12-2008, 11:36 PM
Conspiracy theory: Stern wet dream.........the rematch!

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
06-12-2008, 11:48 PM
nah, - we just don't have the right players to defend quick/tall athletic players. I know you're shocked when I say that with players on our squad like Oberto, but really we do sort of suck when a driving player is able to dish off to a taller athletic player (i.e. Kobe to Gasol.)

True..true. But we weren't that far from beating the Lakers as the outcome suggests. Spurs even said they weren't executing as they were capable of ...

Our defense suffered from fatigue, and the ability to adapt and make better adjustments for that.
I still think despite Lakers leaping and quickness advantage, we had enough to go to the Finals.
Whether or not we beat the Celtics wouldn't have been so easy to guesstimate though.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
06-12-2008, 11:48 PM
Conspiracy theory: Stern wet dream.........the rematch!

Hopefully Stern steps down; too much mess to deal with.

taps
06-12-2008, 11:59 PM
Posting simply to acknowledge v2freak's sweet Adobe'd sig pic. Will Smith raps like I did in the 3rd grade, "Check out my flow! Yo!! I'm soooooo... Not slow!!"

Also, I share ATX Spur's sentiments. Personally I have been boycotting the finals (not that anybody cares.) This finals series comes to you at the expense of two small market teams' futures. How long till Memphis moves cities? Go trade committee! Go transparency! Go wishful thinking!

Beast
06-13-2008, 12:03 AM
Because the league's other poster boy is on the other side of the 24-point comeback?

The NBA won as soon as both the Lakers and the Celtics made the Finals. Either way, they have the storyline they wanted.

exactly! plus, what are they gonna do NOW that everything is out in the open!??

LakerLanny
06-13-2008, 12:07 AM
Lakers thought the game was over at halftime and Boston never gave up.

Credit to the Celtics for playing with sustained intensity while our guys played only in spurts.

Only bright side is at least we saw a decently officiated game tonight, I had almost forgotten what that looked like.

Maybe the most disappointing loss in Lakers history ever or at least since the 1984 Finals, Game 2.

The fat lady hasn't sung yet, but she is warming up. I feel like puking....

LakerLanny
06-13-2008, 12:08 AM

I don't know, the Lakers seem ripe to maybe roll over and die after tonight. I am just hoping they have enough pride to win Game 5 so Boston can't celebrate on our floor.

underdawg
06-13-2008, 12:16 AM
I don't know, the Lakers seem ripe to maybe roll over and die after tonight. I am just hoping they have enough pride to win Game 5 so Boston can't celebrate on our floor.

have faith Lanny - the NBA has bills to pay and what can be more dramatic than the first team to win from being down 3-1. That's a ratings bonanza waiting to happen. It only make sense with the way this season has gone. Fans will completely forget Donaghy's comments with a Lakers 3-1comeback.:rolleyes

TDMVPDPOY
06-13-2008, 12:17 AM
kobe choking on gayrays gagging

LakerLanny
06-13-2008, 12:25 AM
have faith Lanny - the NBA has bills to pay and what can be more dramatic than the first team to win from being down 3-1. That's a ratings bonanza waiting to happen. It only make sense with the way this season has gone. Fans will completely forget Donaghy's comments with a Lakers 3-1comeback.:rolleyes

We need the prime fixer refs now. Why did Donaghy have to spill the beans now? :lol

Seriously, I am the first guy to call out bad officiating, but tonight was all on the Lakers....simply embarrassing.

genomefreak13
06-13-2008, 12:29 AM

we miserably failed to match up to kobe's athleticism.

If Manu was in top shape in the series, we would have had a second guy - beside Bowen - to run around and defend Kobe.

We need to get an athletic player that can play the 3 and 2 position.

gameFACE
06-13-2008, 12:33 AM
hey Laker fans:

Coach Popovich : 4-0 in the finals

Pssssst....hey, Mr. $tern. The Spurs are the only West team that can close the deal in the finals. Pay close attention.

The "Spurs elimination curse" is alive and well. :hat

Pucho!!!
06-13-2008, 01:14 AM
Simply awsome!!! The Lakers looked like their true self once again haha

v2freak
06-13-2008, 01:18 AM
Posting simply to acknowledge v2freak's sweet Adobe'd sig pic. Will Smith raps like I did in the 3rd grade, "Check out my flow! Yo!! I'm soooooo... Not slow!!"

Also, I share ATX Spur's sentiments. Personally I have been boycotting the finals (not that anybody cares.) This finals series comes to you at the expense of two small market teams' futures. How long till Memphis moves cities? Go trade committee! Go transparency! Go wishful thinking!

:lol Thanks!

I'm pretty sure the Lakers will win game 5 like you said. No one wants Boston to win in LA - fans and the NBA included

Indazone
06-13-2008, 01:19 AM
If the NBA is so rigged then why is David Sterns' golden boy Kobe and favorite Lakers down 3-1? :hat

It's not going to 7 games cause everyone including the Feds are watching the refs. For once, the game is being called fairly! Bad news for the Fakers!

Pero
06-13-2008, 04:51 AM

Don't you see? Now that the accusations are flying they're trying to make it look like it isn't rigged. :lol

m33p0
06-13-2008, 07:35 AM
well, doc rivers winning a series against phil is consolation enough for me. let's see if he has it in him. :D

The_Game
06-13-2008, 07:38 AM

That old ass Allen is still better than anyone on our team not named Duncan.......

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
06-13-2008, 07:43 AM
It's not going to 7 games cause everyone including the Feds are watching the refs. For once, the game is being called fairly! Bad news for the Fakers!

Why didn't Donaghy SING BEFORE THE WCF !?? :pctoss :bang

1Parker1
06-13-2008, 07:47 AM
Ray Allen and KG are now going to have championship rings on their resume :pctoss

m33p0
06-13-2008, 07:58 AM
Ray Allen and KG are now going to have championship rings on their resume :pctoss
:vomit:

ShoogarBear
06-13-2008, 08:08 AM
Eh, after Antoine Walker got his, nothing seems that bad.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
06-13-2008, 08:15 AM
Eh, after Antoine Walker got his, nothing seems that bad.

:lol

Not to mention white chocolate. They definitely lowered the bar in that exclusive club.

1Parker1
06-13-2008, 08:16 AM
^:lmao That's true too. But the difference is, people are actually going to be giving a lot of credit now to KG and Allen for winning a championship and are going to exagerate their place in history. Whereas with Walker, he was just a role player, albeit an annoying one, who managed to get a ring riding the curtails of Wade and Shaq.

my2sons
06-13-2008, 08:17 AM
That old ass Allen is still better than anyone on our team not named Duncan.......

uhm, ray ray would not have walked around bowen like he did vujashit at that key point of the game, he would have gotten up and attacked bowen and gotten both of themselves thrown out....

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
06-13-2008, 08:17 AM

Ray Allen getting his kind of sucks but not really. He just talked too much.

But KG suffered long enough...

Even if he kind of, went all CRAZYYY being cooped up in the NorthWestern part of the states. Where he acts all weird now in front of the Camera..referring to his squad as the Ceatles.

Come on, the dude deserves a one and done championship at least. I can't find the picture anymore, but there was one KG gone fishing pic that made me feel bad. A non altered pic of Him all alone on the beach at one of Minnesota's many great lakes...and he was actually enjoying himself.

I remember a time when nobody really was annoyed with KG himself, nor his talent, just the people comparing him to Duncan.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
06-13-2008, 08:19 AM
^:lmao That's true too. But the difference is, people are actually going to be giving a lot of credit now to KG and Allen for winning a championship and are going to exagerate their place in history. Whereas with Walker, he was just a role player, albeit an annoying one, who managed to get a ring riding the curtails of Wade and Shaq.

Well if Pierce wins the Finals MVP, then hopefully that will quiet everyone about who' the man was. Also Allen is helping a lot this series, along with the rest of the squad. So at least it's not an exaggeration on his part. KG's the only one who's been a roleplayer so far. He's good at getting rebounds.

ShoogarBear
06-13-2008, 08:27 AM
After KG gets his ring, I predict a frenzy of chest-pounding that will force him into retirement.

1Parker1
06-13-2008, 08:52 AM
^:lol I predict even more annoying Gatorade commericials in the future.

ShoogarBear
06-13-2008, 08:54 AM
Maybe Verdi's Requiem for the next one.

Cry Havoc
06-13-2008, 10:41 AM

Every single sports fan and bookie are watching these Finals with an eye of suspicion that has never been as present or scrutinizing before. Do you think if LA was up 24 and started to get the game close, then suddenly shot 20+ free throws in the 4th quarter to seal a 3 point win that it would be, "Oh, well Kobe played a great game."?

No. The NBA knows it's on thin ice. They can't afford to have any more questionable decisions after Game 4 in San Antonio and the recent comments by Donaghy. If anyone even gets an IDEA that this series was or is fixed, the NBA is done.

SPURSGOAT
06-13-2008, 11:11 AM
Every single sports fan and bookie are watching these Finals with an eye of suspicion that has never been as present or scrutinizing before. Do you think if LA was up 24 and started to get the game close, then suddenly shot 20+ free throws in the 4th quarter to seal a 3 point win that it would be, "Oh, well Kobe played a great game."?

No. The NBA knows it's on thin ice. They can't afford to have any more questionable decisions after Game 4 in San Antonio and the recent comments by Donaghy. If anyone even gets an IDEA that this series was or is fixed, the NBA is done.

Makes sense. Hopefully this will be an end to all those rigged games and the NBA will go back to real basketball.

SPURSGOAT
06-13-2008, 11:13 AM
Despite all the people that hate KG; I have never had anything against him. I will be happy to see KG finally get a ring. Have always hated Allen and Pierce though...

Cry Havoc
06-13-2008, 11:25 AM
Despite all the people that hate KG; I have never had anything against him. I will be happy to see KG finally get a ring. Have always hated Allen and Pierce though...

I don't mind Pierce. Dude is a bit of a jerk, but he's put up crazy numbers in Boston for a while without complaint, when he could have demanded a trade.

KG is beast. He played for a horrible Minnesota team for so long and you never heard a complaint out of him that didn't spawn from wanting to win. I respect him even if I think he has his rough spots. He deserves a ring.

spurastic
06-13-2008, 11:54 AM

The NBA is not completely rigged, it's manipulated. Only so much the refs can do. Players still need to participate and take advantage of what is given to them.

Fiestadog
06-13-2008, 12:12 PM

Fiestadog
06-13-2008, 12:14 PM
Because, simple one, a Garnett jersey sells for the same money and the TV pays the same.

Pucho!!!
06-13-2008, 12:43 PM
Better than Kobe winning one, post-shaq...now after this crushing defeat maybe all the Kobe cock-sucking will stop :toast ill toast to that

himat
06-13-2008, 01:29 PM
Watch the Lakers have an historic comeback to tie it 3-3, then it's anybody's series.

angelbelow
06-13-2008, 02:14 PM
i dont think kobe is the nbas golden boy. its not even close.

Cry Havoc
06-13-2008, 02:44 PM
Watch the Lakers have an historic comeback to tie it 3-3, then it's anybody's series.

There's a chance of that happening, but mostly because they're playing the Celtics, who have a tendency to relax, than anything else.

v2freak
06-13-2008, 05:31 PM
Don't you see? Now that the accusations are flying they're trying to make it look like it isn't rigged. :lol

Does look to be a lose-lose situation. The NBA has dug itself a big hole.

mrspurs
06-13-2008, 05:57 PM
i still cant get over the fact we wasted games teaching pops mighty mouse a system he was never gonna learn anyways......if not for that imo we would still be playing...it kills me to watch how easy an old ray allen flys by a young overrated sasha...allen wasnt flying like that a few weeks ago....allens old butt wouldnt have had it so easy flying in against our spurs because of bowen.......but we didnt get homecourt...and now i see how easy the lakers can be beating by these older guys, not young.....it kills me we wasted games trying to teach pops mighty mouse a system he would never learn anyways....oh well....go spurs go