PDA

View Full Version : Eerily Familiar

rAm
06-12-2008, 11:04 PM
This game was so much like Game 1 vs. Lakers its crazy.

Except we had the whole series ahead of us still, this one must hurt real bad for the Lakers.

Oh, Gee!!
06-12-2008, 11:35 PM
yeah--it's over

dknights411
06-12-2008, 11:40 PM
Biggest difference, we were on the road, they were at home. That just has to be hell.

Oh, Gee!!
06-13-2008, 12:00 AM
Biggest difference, we were on the road, they were at home. That just has to be hell.

and they're rested and "young." start serving the main course, cuz their goose is cooked.

K-State Spur
06-13-2008, 12:02 AM

Plus, the Spurs are an older team coming off a quick turnaround (not to mention the flight snafu) less than 48 hours earlier in a grueling game 7.

The Lakers are actually younger than the Cs, no reason that they should be wearing down like that at this point.

LakerLanny
06-13-2008, 12:10 AM

It is.

I can't off the top of my head remember a more deflating loss. Lakers fans are hurting right now while the rest of the country rejoices.

That third qtr just seemed like a never ending nightmare.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
06-13-2008, 12:31 AM
Laker fans were feeling really good before halftime.

LakerLanny
06-13-2008, 12:35 AM
Laker fans were feeling really good before halftime.

A friend of mine actually called me from the game at halftime completely drunk and giddy, I couldn't even understand what he was screaming.

Now he is probably starting to become hungover and staring at a nasty Friday in the office with a brutal headache and nausea.

That was just an unbelieveable choke job. I have to say, I never felt completely comfortable, even with the big lead. NBA games have a way of going on longer than you want them to sometimes when your team is ahead.

That was rough. Now I know how you guys felt after Game 1 of our series with you.

m33p0
06-13-2008, 07:57 AM
A friend of mine actually called me from the game at halftime completely drunk and giddy, I couldn't even understand what he was screaming.

Now he is probably starting to become hungover and staring at a nasty Friday in the office with a brutal headache and nausea.

That was just an unbelieveable choke job. I have to say, I never felt completely comfortable, even with the big lead. NBA games have a way of going on longer than you want them to sometimes when your team is ahead.

That was rough. Now I know how you guys felt after Game 1 of our series with you.

actually no. yours would feel alot more bitter. we had all sorts of excuses that are actually quite reasonable. your team doesn't have one.

florige
06-13-2008, 08:14 AM
I woke up a for a minute and saw what the score was in the 1st qtr and fell back off to sleep. Especially when I saw that Kobe only had 2 points. Right before work I check out CBS to see what the Orioles score was and what do I see? A big giant picture of Paul Pierce celebrating......:lmao I'm thinking WTF? I had a feeling I should have watched that game. I would have loved to see that meltdown........:bang :lol

ballhog
06-13-2008, 08:29 AM
The whole time I was watching the onslaught in the first quarter was how good it would be for the Lakers to blow it. After watching Lakers pull out 2 wins against the Spurs after big deficits.....it was the sweetest. Go Celts. Fuck Kobe.

MoSpur
06-13-2008, 08:35 AM
The Laker crowd was actually in it and did their best to get the Lakers back in it.

Man In Black
06-13-2008, 08:53 AM
SEE...

It's actually possible for LL to say that the Lakers lost without refering to his infamous Circle of 7 Ref theory.

A choke job you say? I completley agree in where, arguably, the best player in the world, didn't carry his team to a much needed victory at home no less.
:lobt2: <-Probably goin East now because of it.

WayOutWest
06-13-2008, 09:18 AM
That was a total choke! I'm glad the refs were a non-factor in this game. Typically if a team gets a huge lead over another the calls start going completely in favor of the team trying to make a come back. That did not happen in game 4, it was the Celtics doing it all on their own. Kobe did not come through in MVP type fashion, he should have asserted himself in the 3rd quater to keep the Lakers confidence up. By the time he got going in the 4th it was too late, the Lakers lost all conifidence and were playing scared.

This is a devastating loss for the Lakers, I don't see how they can recover.

dmac
06-13-2008, 11:00 AM
... Go Celts. Fuck Kobe.

Yep, me too.

DazedAndConfused
06-13-2008, 11:03 AM
Devastating loss, no other way to put it. You just don't recover from losses like this.

PHX didn't, the Spurs didn't, etc. If the Lakers can manage to win Game 5, they will get obliterated in BOS in Game 6. I honestly don't even expect LAL to win Game 5, it might only happen if Kobe goes bananas again for 30+ points on 50% shooting.

Indazone
06-13-2008, 11:09 AM
Lakers winning three in a row - unbelievable

Celtics winning championship - Priceless