PDA

View Full Version : Yeah, Sasha shut down a "healthy" Ginobili

midnightpulp
06-12-2008, 11:07 PM
Sorry, Lakers fan. I still give you guy full credit for beating the Spurs, but come off the bullshit that Sasha did anything special against Manu.

His defense has been awful against a slower Ray Allen.

E20
06-12-2008, 11:12 PM
The Machine1111111111111111111

Mr. Body
06-12-2008, 11:28 PM
The guy had a great year, I was waiting for the playoffs for him to crumble. Unfortunately for the Spurs it happened too late.

ballhog
06-12-2008, 11:32 PM
Hope we don't have anymore "Get Sasha" threads.

dbreiden83080
06-12-2008, 11:34 PM
Sorry, Lakers fan. I still give you guy full credit for beating the Spurs, but come off the bullshit that Sasha did anything special against Manu.

Wait till next year, Manu healthy will own that bitch. His eyes will light up when he comes anywhere near him

K-State Spur
06-12-2008, 11:38 PM
Wait till next year, Manu healthy will own that bitch. His eyes will light up when he comes anywhere near him

The Lakers got away with RADMANOVIC (possibly the laziest defender in the league) on Manu for stretches. That tells you all you need to know about Manu's health.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
06-13-2008, 12:44 AM
Yup, I tried over and over again to explain it to them, but most Laker fans wouldn't accept it - that was not Manu out there. That was a shadow of Manu, and if he hadn't been injured that series would've had a different ending.

The Finals are showing just how ordinary a team the Lakers are. They can't even beat a Celtics team with injuries and Doc Rivers coaching for Pete's sake!

ShoogarBear
06-13-2008, 12:54 AM
The Machine!!!!!

mikekim
06-13-2008, 01:50 AM
t1ewIkVRdEo

SenorSpur
06-13-2008, 02:01 AM
Yup, I tried over and over again to explain it to them, but most Laker fans wouldn't accept it - that was not Manu out there. That was a shadow of Manu, and if he hadn't been injured that series would've had a different ending.

The Finals are showing just how ordinary a team the Lakers are. They can't even beat a Celtics team with injuries and Doc Rivers coaching for Pete's sake!

True dat!

Tek_XX
06-13-2008, 02:01 AM
I'll give Buyabitch credit. He's graduated from scrubsville to a man who might hit a shot. But yeah a healthy manu torches his dirty european ass.

mikekim
06-13-2008, 02:06 AM
I still think it's impossible to convince the bulk of thick-headed laker fans that Manu was injured.

They will go to the grave believing that Sasha and the Lakers' team defense shut down Manu.

DazedAndConfused
06-13-2008, 02:55 AM
The only Laker fans who believed Sasha could shutdown a fully healthy Ginobli are the trolls. Don't know why it bothers you so much to be honest.

Ginobli wasn't 100%, Lakers took advantage and won the series. Get over it. Injuries happen all the time and they aren't fair, nobody said winning the championship didn't involve a certain amount of luck.

sendman
06-13-2008, 02:57 AM
I still think it's impossible to convince the bulk of thick-headed laker fans that Manu was injured.

They will go to the grave believing that Sasha and the Lakers' team defense shut down Manu.

Inconsistency is not an injury. Explain 20+ game one night followed by stinker on another. That pattern was seen through the whole of the play-offs. Manu was simply out of sinc and if you ever played basketball you'll know what I'm talking about.

angelbelow
06-13-2008, 03:12 AM
i know by posting im contributing to the thread but can we stop talking about this fagggot already?

all_heart
06-13-2008, 03:16 AM
Yea, no way in hell was Manu even 80% in this years playoffs. Manu would have torched fufubitch if he was healthy. He would have fouled out trying to guard Manu. Laker fans love to dream and take credit when it's not deserved, that's for sure.

mikekim
06-13-2008, 03:29 AM
Inconsistency is not an injury. Explain 20+ game one night followed by stinker on another. That pattern was seen through the whole of the play-offs. Manu was simply out of sinc and if you ever played basketball you'll know what I'm talking about.

My God...I know this will sound crazy but I've played basketball before...for the majority of my life actually (yes I know, I live in the U.S...who would've guessed I'd play basketball of all sports?)

You're a dumbass. You do realize he originally injured his ankle in the second game of the playoffs vs. phoenix, right? And it got worse and worse as the playoffs wore on.

But I've already posted too much on this subject. So yeah, that's all I'm going to say to idiotic comments like yours.

Again, you're a dumbass.

Anyway, this thread is about Sasha really. The guy is getting balled up OFF THE DRIBBLE by Ray Allen. That speaks volumes. I still think Sasha is a decent player and plays some respectable defense sometimes. But yeah...Ray Allen's leaving him behind in his dust.

Obstructed_View
06-13-2008, 03:44 AM

I think it's impossible to convince some of the thick-headed Spurs fans that it doesn't matter if Manu was injured or not. The Spurs lost in five to a much better team.

mikekim
06-13-2008, 03:54 AM
I think it's impossible to convince some of the thick-headed Spurs fans that it doesn't matter if Manu was injured or not. The Spurs lost in five to a much better team.

That's where we differ. Okay, I swear, this is the last time I'll post about this (I think).

They weren't "much better." It did matter. It's not being "thick-headed," it's called seeing the obvious.

Staying healthy is a part of winning championships. We didn't accomplish it. Lakers beat us.

But it did matter and in my personal opinion, I think Spurs would've taken the series in 6 with a healthy Manu. That's all I'm saying. And would've, could've, should've don't win championships.

I apologize to everyone who may be getting tired of me going over this. I'm not too familiar with being a part of a message board (spurstalk is the only one I'm a part of). I forget that there are ignorant people on boards, especially one as big as this...and there always will be.

Time to learn to ignore and pick my threads wisely. I thought I learned that already, but I got sucked into arguing with brick walls on this one.

Obstructed_View
06-13-2008, 04:18 AM
They weren't "much better." It did matter. It's not being "thick-headed," it's called seeing the obvious..

The Spurs lost in five games. The Spurs gave up huge leads more than once. The Spurs lost at home. It's called seeing the obvious.

Staying healthy is a part of winning championships. We didn't accomplish it. Lakers beat us.
Right. You should have stopped there. If the Spurs had lost in seven you might have had some case to continue. They didn't.

But it did matter and in my personal opinion, I think Spurs would've taken the series in 6 with a healthy Manu. That's all I'm saying. And would've, could've, should've don't win championships.
The Spurs didn't play good consistent basketball at any time during the entire season. They didn't play 48 minutes for any appreciable stretch during the playoffs. They played desperation ball enough to sort of focus enough to win 4 out of 5 against New Orleans, and seemed to have a hangover after each series win that cost them opportunities in the subsequent series. If the Spurs had played 48 minutes to their potential, they could have won the series. If the Spurs had played defense like they did in stretches they could have won the series. If Andrew Bynum and Manu had both been completely healthy the Lakers probably would have won it in 4. Again, none of that shit matters.

I apologize to everyone who may be getting tired of me going over this. I'm not too familiar with being a part of a message board (spurstalk is the only one I'm a part of). I forget that there are ignorant people on boards, especially one as big as this...and there always will be.

Time to learn to ignore and pick my threads wisely. I thought I learned that already, but I got sucked into arguing with brick walls on this one.

Not sure how I became ignorant or a "brick wall" during this discussion. I'm actually one of the people who is getting tired of you going over this. Funny that you apologize to people that have to read this whiny bullshit until they point out that you are incorrect, at which point you seem to lash out. My guess is that you're still not over the loss to the Lakers, particularly since you seem to grasp the concept that all your ifs and buts won't change anything. That said, you still cling to that one little nugget like a life preserver. Manu had one really good game in the series, which indicates to me that he wasn't so injured that he couldn't compete. He just didn't play particularly well, and the whole team failed to play consistently for entire games, and since the series was basically a microcosm of the season, it shouldn't be such a surprising result. The Lakers were a better team all year long, and there's a ton of evidence to support that, not least of which was home court advantage in the playoffs. It's no great failure for the Spurs not to have won, and they certainly had their opportunities and failed to capitalize. But an inability to shut up about how injured Manu was is low class. You probably know that but the wound to the hated Lakers is still too fresh for you to accept it.

sendman
06-13-2008, 04:37 AM
You're a dumbass. You do realize he originally injured his ankle in the second game of the playoffs vs. phoenix, right? And it got worse and worse as the playoffs wore on.

Again, you're a dumbass.

I love you too. You do realize that this load of crap you just have written doesn't explain Manus inconsistency, right?

Again, I love you too.

Ghazi
06-13-2008, 05:02 AM
Too much talk about Sasha on here... he's an inconsistent bench player. Why is he even brought up?

midnightpulp
06-13-2008, 05:09 AM
The only Laker fans who believed Sasha could shutdown a fully healthy Ginobli are the trolls. Don't know why it bothers you so much to be honest.

Ginobli wasn't 100%, Lakers took advantage and won the series. Get over it. Injuries happen all the time and they aren't fair, nobody said winning the championship didn't involve a certain amount of luck.

I tip my hat to you, sir.

Tough loss tonight. Trust me, Spurs fans know how this feels. No elite team blows huge leads better than the Spurs.

rascal
06-13-2008, 06:26 AM
Good posts Obstructed View. Mikekim does not want to accept that the lakers were the better team during the regular season (had #1 seed ) and were better during the playoffs.

sendman
06-13-2008, 06:37 AM
I agree, Obstructed views points on the subject are well worth reading. Highly recommend!

1Parker1
06-13-2008, 07:26 AM
"The whole game, from the minute I came in, they called fouls on me. He fell down, foul. I was trying to find a way to guard him for 48 minutes, and everything I did was a foul. He got me. He went to the basket, and it was a good basket. I don't know what else to say," Vulajcic said, half-forlorn, half-disgusted as he stood in front of his locker in a morose Lakers dressing room.

Did he expect Allen to drive left instead of right? Did he expect stronger help to come?

"I wanted to stay with him, I wanted to stay aggressive, but again, there would be a foul. So I kind of stood back, I gave him the room to operate, and he went to the basket, so that was a bad defensive decision on my side," Vujacic said. "It doesn't matter, help or not, we came out and were supposed to be more aggressive, and not let him breathe at the top of the key. It's a tough loss, it hurts, but we're not done yet."

I honestly don't understand how NO ONE in the Lakers organization from Phil to Sasha has been fined yet by the league for their comments. Especially considering all that is going on with the referee scandal, all these postgame comments by the Lakers after losses about the refs and bad foul calling during games is starting to get very annoying. Even bench scrubs like Sasha feel they can complain about it!

sendman
06-13-2008, 07:29 AM
I honestly don't understand how NO ONE in the Lakers organization from Phil to Sasha has been fined yet by the league for their comments. Especially considering all that is going on with the referee scandal, all these postgame comments by the Lakers after losses about the refs and bad foul calling during games is starting to get very annoying. Even bench scrubs like Sasha feel they can complain about it!
I agree, they all should lay down and play dead.:bang

K-State Spur
06-13-2008, 10:34 AM

Manu's inconsistency was the result of him having to rely almost solely on his jumpshot.

At no point in these playoffs - not even during his good games - did he display his burst to the rim that we have become accustomed to.

SenorSpur
06-13-2008, 10:36 AM

Sasha looked really good when allowing Ray Allen to "breeze" by him from the top of the key to the cup. Great defense!

sandman
06-13-2008, 11:12 AM
It's not making any excuses to say that the Lakers were the better team in that series, but not because Sasha/Vlade played lockdown defense on Manu.

Manu was hurt. He played inconsistently game to game. What Manu didn't do was because of what Manu couldn't do, not because of The Machine.

A healthy Manu may have changed the outcome of the series. Maybe not. Doesn't matter. Gotta play with what you have, and the Lakers had more that series. Case closed. See you next season.

I refuse to make excuses about losing to Manu not being healthy, just like I refuse to credit the Lakers series win to some Euro-scrub named Sasha shutting him down.

tmtcsc
06-13-2008, 05:00 PM

What makes you think Lakers fan can read ? Just kidding. In all seriousness, they've been understandably quiet and pretty non-existent in this forum except for the ones that really love this site.

Its probably quiet in Lakersground.net too.

No doubt that Manu will have the last laugh over Sasha next year.

Cherry
06-13-2008, 05:21 PM
I think it's impossible to convince some of the thick-headed Spurs fans that it doesn't matter if Manu was injured or not. The Spurs lost in five to a much better bench.

Fixed :)

T Park
06-13-2008, 05:26 PM

Yeah a healthy 20 point a game Ginobili wouldn't have changed things at all.

Lackluster
06-13-2008, 05:52 PM

20+ points came mostly off of flat-footed three balls. he had no lift or explosiveness for 5 straight games. how did you miss that?

mrspurs
06-13-2008, 06:12 PM
if our staff woulda done something about a solid backup point to help parker(wait we had beno,but let him go then parker got hurt and we got mighty mouse)..manu wouldnt have had to play point so much and get some more rest....he carried this team thru the season, and we came only 2 or 3 games away from playing the nuggets,jazz(who knows how la would done against the suns and NO)....a healthy manu and we would still be playing.......sasha, what a joke getting undressed by an old ray allen....go spurs go

Obstructed_View
06-13-2008, 06:21 PM
Yeah a healthy 20 point a game Ginobili wouldn't have changed things at all.

I'm not sure if you could be more stupid. What the Spurs might have had is irrelevant. What they had was on the floor and it was good enough to win one game.

T Park
06-13-2008, 06:22 PM
I'm not sure if you could be more stupid. What the Spurs might have had is irrelevant. What they had was on the floor and it was good enough to win one game.

:lol

Only because his 3 pointer went down and that was on a night where the ankle felt OK.

Im sorry if your so dense that you can't see that Ginobili was hurt and wasn't full speed, AND that wouldn't have helped.

Sway
06-13-2008, 06:30 PM
Sasha looked really good when allowing Ray Allen to "breeze" by him from the top of the key to the cup. Great defense!

Yeah he made Ray look 10 years younger. Did you see him after the play? He looked like he was going to start crying on the bench!

ducks
06-13-2008, 06:33 PM
he was successful because manu was not 100% and manu needs 2 days rest between gaems not 1 and 1/2

Obstructed_View
06-13-2008, 07:58 PM

Only because his 3 pointer went down and that was on a night where the ankle felt OK.

Im sorry if your so dense that you can't see that Ginobili was hurt and wasn't full speed, AND that wouldn't have helped.

He did what he could do and it wasn't good enough. What his teammates did wasn't good enough. What he could have done had he been healthy is irrelevant because it doesn't change what actually happened. That you think the argument is about whether or not I think the Spurs would have won if Ginobili had been 100 percent is what makes you stupid. I simply won't get drawn into that debate, particularly when the Lakers had a guy who might have been averaging 20 and 10 by the playoffs if he hadn't gotten injured starting alongside Gasol and Odom.

fraga
06-13-2008, 09:07 PM
http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff188/jasonfraga/VujaChex.jpg

tmtcsc
06-13-2008, 10:37 PM

There isn't anything stupid about speculating in a forum. WTF else are we supposed to do ? Obstructed common sense. Manu is A DIFFERENCE MAKER.

The Lakers suck. Pau Gasol is weak and soft and Lamar Odom plays when he wants to. High or not.

Lackluster
06-14-2008, 02:32 AM
He did what he could do and it wasn't good enough. What his teammates did wasn't good enough. What he could have done had he been healthy is irrelevant because it doesn't change what actually happened. That you think the argument is about whether or not I think the Spurs would have won if Ginobili had been 100 percent is what makes you stupid. I simply won't get drawn into that debate, particularly when the Lakers had a guy who might have been averaging 20 and 10 by the playoffs if he hadn't gotten injured starting alongside Gasol and Odom.

ah yes bynum. the guy that was good for a whole month.

comparing this guy's impact to ginobili's prospetive impact = the fails imo

mikekim
06-14-2008, 04:37 AM

Then simply don't get drawn into the debate. Just sit out. Either way, it's better than coming into "the debate" and making a completely irrelevant argument. The whole point of what people in here (myself included) are "debating" is whether or not a healthy Manu would've made a difference, and how much that difference would've been. This is the question put forth by both legitimate Lakers and Spurs fans, and the trolls.

It's not really a debate. It's more of a statement of facts. If you think it's dumb, then don't participate. But don't come into the debate only to declare the debate itself "irrelevant," and pawn that off as your "arguments" in the discussion. You could go into any discussion and declare it "irrelevant" but that defeats the purpose of discussion itself. Do you understand? The only relevant question of this particular debate is: "Had Manu been 100% (or at least "not injured"), what difference would it have made?"

That's the question. It's foolish to come into the debate and put forth argument after argument about how the debate itself is worthless. If it's stupid and irrelevant to you, then don't participate in the discussion! Start another debate/discussion of why it's irrelevant. Do whatever. Keep participating. It doesn't really matter I guess. (And yes, I've wasted a lot of posts and words arguing with trolls and ignorant people -- not you -- but there's nothing I can do about that now.)

Oh and if Bynum didn't get injured, it's highly likely the Lakers don't end up getting Gasol. If they don't get Gasol, they don't make it out of the 1st round. It's more than likely it's an either/or as far as this season is concerned: a healthy Bynum, or Gasol.

Obstructed_View
06-17-2008, 02:11 AM
There are a thousand ifs and buts that might have turned the series for the Spurs. Since you can't snap your fingers and make anyone healthy, it would, at the very least, be more sensible to focus on the things the Spurs actually had within their power to control, like playing 48 minutes on both ends, taking smart shots (or hitting open ones), Not leaving people wide fucking open, securing rebounds or finishing quarters. I guess if you guys can take satisfaction in having an excuse for the great defense Vujacic played against Manu, and that somehow makes you content, then power to you.

angelbelow
06-17-2008, 04:27 AM
manu probably would have broken sashas ankles, literally!!

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
06-17-2008, 05:16 AM
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd218/foghorn2112/ThrowDown.gif

I hope this continues into next season.

sendman
06-17-2008, 06:28 AM

I hope this continues into next season.
We get it. It would be OK, if injured Manu was contained by big, black, athletic, muscle package, you just can't stand that little, white, skinny dude was able to do it.:sleep

Pero
06-17-2008, 06:53 AM
It's oke, Sasha is to Spurs fans what Bruce Bowen is to Ray Allen. :lol

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
06-17-2008, 07:18 AM
We get it. It would be OK, if injured Manu was contained by big, black, athletic, muscle package, you just can't stand that little, white, skinny dude was able to do it.:sleep

No that's not it. I don't really care that Sasha helped pester an injured Manu, whether he was deserving of defensive praise or not. We'll see this coming season if he can defend a healthy Manu. Big deal.

Anyway...

look at the way he bounces. :clap

Pero
06-17-2008, 08:17 AM
Yeah, being thrown on the floor = bouncing.

mrspurs
06-17-2008, 08:53 AM

agreed, and when they get there, i will lose no sleep over it

O-Factor
06-17-2008, 08:59 AM
Thats what kills me. Is that we didn't have a chance to be fully competitive against the Lakers. It was basically Tim and Tony and role players.

LakerLanny
06-17-2008, 11:03 AM

Sasha is a very marginal defender and a streaky shooter.

Not only does his man get around him at will, he also commits more stupid fouls per minute beyond 40 ft from the basket than any other player in the NBA.

Basically, him and Walton inserted at the start of the 2nd quarter is like just putting the other team into the bonus right away, they both just clutch and grab for no reason when guys aren't even in scoring position to show to Phil that they are "scrappy"

Condemned 2 HelLA
06-17-2008, 11:22 AM

Not only does his man get around him at will, he also commits more stupid fouls per minute beyond 40 ft from the basket than any other player in the NBA.

Basically, him and Walton inserted at the start of the 2nd quarter is like just putting the other team into the bonus right away, they both just clutch and grab for no reason when guys aren't even in scoring position to show to Phil that they are "scrappy"

Remove the letter s from the word scrappy and you have an accurate description of both of them

sendman
06-17-2008, 12:16 PM

LakerLanny you are a big pile of crap and your opinion means nothing, because you don't have an opinion.
You was shitting all over Sasha at that LG board of yours when it was popular to bash Vujacic.
When Sasha became popular with majority of that board, you turned your tune and became one of his butt kissers (especially after that 20 points game). Now when he fucked up a game you turned your tune again!

Blyack....I wouldn't touch you with the stick...OK, I would touch you with the baseball bat.

DazedAndConfused
06-17-2008, 12:36 PM
All this talk about the Spurs not being healthy being the reason they lost........newsflash NO TEAM IS FULLY HEALTHY during the playoffs. Be glad Manu was at least able to play, the Lakers had to go forward without Bynum who was projected to make it back during the 1st round of the playoffs.

timaios
06-17-2008, 12:46 PM
All this talk about the Spurs not being healthy being the reason they lost........newsflash NO TEAM IS FULLY HEALTHY during the playoffs. Be glad Manu was at least able to play, the Lakers had to go forward without Bynum who was projected to make it back during the 1st round of the playoffs.

Spurs without Ginobili = Lakers without Bryant

hater
06-17-2008, 12:47 PM
Lakers got lucky and beat an injured Spurs and now playing an injured Celtics Squad.

a big * to their season

LakeShow
06-17-2008, 12:53 PM
The fact that Manure was injured is a bunch of bullshit. Manu hasn't done shit against the lakers all season, so Sasha should be credited for playing him well.

In december's game against the lakers he was 5-17, 1-7 3 pointers. In January he was 3-16, 2-7 3 pointers. The one good game he had in November and he was 6-12, 2-4 3's that only netted 17 points. The Lakers were playing manu well all year and Sasha did have something to do with it. The Lakers just defend him well nicked up or not.

If I could of would of, blah, blah, blah... If Kobe were not injured, If Fisher were not injured, If Bynum were not injured, If Ariza were not injured, The Lakers would have Swept the Spurs. What's funny is that All of these players have or had injuries that requires Surgery. Did Manu have his surgery already?

DazedAndConfused
06-17-2008, 12:54 PM
Spurs without Ginobili = Lakers without Bryant

No, Spurs without Duncan = Lakers without Bryant. Just because they play the same position doesn't mean they have the same impact on their relative teams.

Like I said, any team can sit here and whine about injuries and what could have been. The Lakers lost Magic and Byron Scott in the '89 Finals against the Pistons, shit happens. It's how your team perseveres in spite of injuries that determines who the NBA champions are each year. This year the Spurs just weren't good enough, the sooner you accept that the easier it will be for you to look forward to next season.

Sherlock Holmes
06-17-2008, 01:08 PM
The fact that Manure was injured is a bunch of bullshit. Manu hasn't done shit against the lakers all season, so Sasha should be credited for playing him well.

In december's game against the lakers he was 5-17, 1-7 3 pointers. In January he was 3-16, 2-7 3 pointers. The one good game he had in November and he was 6-12, 2-4 3's that only netted 17 points. The Lakers were playing manu well all year and Sasha did have something to do with it. The Lakers just defend him well nicked up or not.

If I could of would of, blah, blah, blah... If Kobe were not injured, If Fisher were not injured, If Bynum were not injured, If Ariza were not injured, The Lakers would have Swept the Spurs. What's funny is that All of these players have or had injuries that requires Surgery. Did Manu have his surgery already?
The reason Manu played bad against the Lakers in the begining of the season was because he was injured in the begining of the season. Just like Tim and Tony, Manu was injured for part of the season and he had to play injured because both Tim and Tony were out. Know the context of what you are posting please.

DazedAndConfused
06-17-2008, 01:12 PM
Well if Manu is this prone to getting banged up maybe you should look into trading the guy. His body clearly does not seem to be able to keep up with a full NBA season.

Mr.Bottomtooth
06-17-2008, 01:16 PM
Well if Andrew is this prone to getting banged up maybe we should look into trading the guy. His body clearly does not seem to be able to keep up with a full NBA season.

Fixed.

Sherlock Holmes
06-17-2008, 01:17 PM
Well if Manu is this prone to getting banged up maybe you should look into trading the guy. His body clearly does not seem to be able to keep up with a full NBA season.
You don't reall understand the Spurs. Pop usually always rests Manu in the begining of the season so he is fresh for the PO's. Look at the 05, 06, 07 playoff runs and he was fresh. This year Pop tried to avoid falling in the seedings so he had to play Manu a lot in some games w/o Tim or Tony to win games.

So far we have won 3 championships with Manu coming on the Spurs, so I think the Spurs will keep him.

So far the Lakers have won 0 championships by trading Shaq and keeping Kobe, so you guys should look into trading Kobe. The "MVP" has flaked and disappeared when it has most counted.

LakeShow
06-17-2008, 01:22 PM
The reason Manu played bad against the Lakers in the begining of the season was because he was injured in the begining of the season. Just like Tim and Tony, Manu was injured for part of the season and he had to play injured because both Tim and Tony were out. Know the context of what you are posting please.

If you're playing, you're not injured! Know what injuries mean, please! No way in hell if he had a serious injury would he have played in December and January.

Sherlock Holmes
06-17-2008, 01:24 PM
If you're playing, you're not injured! Know what injuries mean, please! No way in hell if he had a serious injury would he have played in December and January.
This is a pretty fail post.

LakeShow
06-17-2008, 01:25 PM
This is a pretty fail post.

Of course to those looking for excuses in being defeated 4-1!

Sherlock Holmes
06-17-2008, 01:29 PM
Of course to those looking for excuses in being defeated 4-1!
So I guess Willis Reed was not injured.

Neither was Chauncey Billups after he messed up his hamstring.

Also Laker fans should stop talking about Bryants and Fishers 'injuries' because they were playing.

Also in 2005 I guess Duncan's Plantar Fasciites wasn't considered an injury either.

You are an idiot. Depending on the severity of the injury one can play, but not perform at optimal strength.

LakeShow
06-17-2008, 01:31 PM
So I guess Willis Reed was not injured.

Neither was Chauncey Billups after he messed up his hamstring.

Also Laker fans should stop talking about Bryants and Fishers 'injuries' because they were playing.

Also in 2005 I guess Duncan's Plantar Fasciites wasn't considered an injury either.

You are an idiot. Depending on the severity of the injury one can play, but not perform at optimal strength.

What are you? Stupid, Simple or Slow? Willis didn't play but a couple of minutes the game he was injured. Duncan was hurt and still played, don't remember if they still won or not.

Never used the Fisher and Kobe injuries as an excuse, just using it now to be factious on your claims of Manu being injured as the reason that you lost. Idiot!

duncan228
06-17-2008, 01:37 PM

Just for the record, Duncan dealt with Plantar Fasciitis in the '05-'06 season.

In the '04-'05 season, when he won it all, he was on 2 bad ankles for most of the season.

Sherlock Holmes
06-17-2008, 01:37 PM
What are you? Stupid, Simple or Slow? Willis didn't play but a couple of minutes the game he was injured. Duncan was hurt and still played, don't remember if they still won or not.

Never used the Fisher and Kobe injuries as an excuse, just using it now to be factious on your claims of Manu being injured as the reason that you lost. Idiot!
You said it yourself if you are playing then you are not injured. Willis Reed still played.

No one is the idiot here except you. Claiming that you are not injured if you are playing is an incredible ignorant and idiotic statment that only a Laker fan could come up with.

LakeShow
06-17-2008, 01:41 PM
You said it yourself if you are playing then you are not injured. Willis Reed still played.

No one is the idiot here except you. Claiming that you are not injured if you are playing is an incredible ignorant and idiotic statment that only a Laker fan could come up with.

Hey dumb fuck, he made an appearance and sat. If Manu was injured he should have sat too. You don't have a great game one game and say everything is fine and when you get shut down say you're injured. That's a bunch of crap, just like your argument!

LakeShow
06-17-2008, 01:49 PM
Just for the record, Duncan dealt with Plantar Fasciitis in the '05-'06 season.

In the '04-'05 season, when he won it all, he was on 2 bad ankles for most of the season.

Thanks, I wasn't sure about that. One question; did Manu have surgery after the playoffs to take care of his injury?

duncan228
06-17-2008, 01:57 PM
Thanks, I wasn't sure about that. One question; did Manu have surgery after the playoffs to take care of his injury?

I haven't heard anything about Manu and surgery. It was being reported that he would play for Argentina this summer, so I would think that means he didn't have/need surgery.

hater
06-17-2008, 01:59 PM
predictable. now lakerfan will say "It's not an injury if you don't have surgery" :lmao

:idiot

LakeShow
06-17-2008, 02:09 PM
predictable. now lakerfan will say "It's not an injury if you don't have surgery" :lmao

:idiot

Typical dumbass Spurs fan. I'm just curious on the type of injury he was claiming to have? Being tired and worn out is not an excuse to play the injury card. Everybody is tired and worn out! Deal with it!

duncan228
06-17-2008, 02:26 PM
I'm just curious on the type of injury he was claiming to have?

What I recall is that it was being called a "bone jam" in his ankle. Apparantly that's different than a sprain, there's no injections for it. It limited his movement. The articles were all posted here, I'm sure a search will turn them up.

He also tore a fingernail completely off on his shooting hand. They couldn't repair it, he was wearing an acrylic piece on it during the series. That has to hurt and I assume it affected his ball handling.

The Spurs never used Ginobili's injuries as any kind of excuse. The information came out from the media, not the team. It was only after the series was over that Ginobili said something about not being 100%.

LakeShow
06-17-2008, 02:36 PM
What I recall is that it was being called a "bone jam" in his ankle. Apparantly that's different than a sprain, there's no injections for it. It limited his movement. The articles were all posted here, I'm sure a search will turn them up.

He also tore a fingernail completely off on his shooting hand. They couldn't repair it, he was wearing an acrylic piece on it during the series. That has to hurt and I assume it affected his ball handling.

The Spurs never used Ginobili's injuries as any kind of excuse. The information came out from the media, not the team. It was only after the series was over that Ginobili said something about not being 100%.

I know, Manu himself would not use that as an excuse. I have no doubt that he was banged up, but what team/player isn't this time of year? You suck it up and give it the best you have. Why some spurs fans try to use it as an excuse is insulting to Manu, the Spurs and the Lakers.

DazedAndConfused
06-17-2008, 02:37 PM
Manu's injuries were clearly not significant enough to stop him from playing. Plenty of players have had to deal with the same shit and played through it, managing to find ways to be effective. Don't tell me the ankle had anything to do with Manu taking ill-advised 3pt shots, throwing the ball away, and making other careless turnovers. He flat out played like shit for all but one game. He could not find a way to be an effective player with a limited ankle, which is the sign that maybe he isn't as great a player as you think he is.

For an organization that is so no-nonsense you'd think it'd rub off on the fanbase. All I hear from you guys is whining about the flu, ankle injuries, etc. Every team has to deal with the same shit and the true winners are the ones that find ways to win in spite of these setbacks. The Spurs just weren't good enough this year, and they haven't played consistently well at all during the regular season. The signs were there, you just chose to ignore them.

T Park
06-17-2008, 02:45 PM
My application at the gamestop was turned down again. So I retreat here again with my redbull and no life and post here.

duncan228
06-17-2008, 02:48 PM
I'm only in this thread trying to answer questions. :)
If you're interested, here are a couple of articles that cover Manu's injuries better than I did.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=AmN8qXORxUGfT6Omavi6.k.M0bYF?slug=jy-ginobilihurting052208&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/basketball/nba/spurs/stories/MYSA052408.9D.BKNspurs.ginobili.40517d1.html

http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/columnists/bharvey/stories/MYSA053008.1D.COL.BKNharvey.spurs.41c72e64.html

DazedAndConfused
06-17-2008, 03:10 PM
What about Kobe's torn ligament on his shooting hand? What about Fisher's torn tendon in his foot? What about Gasol still being limited by his ankle injury? What about Bynum being out for the playoffs when he was projected to make it back for the 1st round?

Every team can play this fucking game. This is the playoffs, you either put up or shutup. If health is THIS big an issue for the Spurs how do you expect things to get any better next season when everyone other than Parker is yet another year on the wrong side of 30?

ChumpDumper
06-17-2008, 03:11 PM
Why are you here?

JamStone
06-17-2008, 03:17 PM
This thread and some of the posts from Spurs fans disappoint me.

Of course a healthy Manu would have given the Spurs a better chance to win and would have allowed Manu to put up better numbers against Sasha.

But, it doesn't even matter. Manu was not healthy. And, the Spurs lost.

Should just let it go. Sasha's a bitch and can't stop a healthy Manu. Who cares what Laker fans want to believe anyway?

vanvannen
06-17-2008, 03:19 PM
Don't forget Bynum's injury affected LA as well. It's not as they were full force anyway.

DazedAndConfused
06-17-2008, 03:32 PM
Don't forget Bynum's injury affected LA as well. It's not as they were full force anyway.

Ssshhhhhh get out of here with that common sense.

ShoogarBear
06-17-2008, 10:26 PM
The Machine!!! is locking down Ray Allen tonight!!!

tmtcsc
06-17-2008, 10:39 PM
What about Kobe's torn ligament on his shooting hand? What about Fisher's torn tendon in his foot? What about Gasol still being limited by his ankle injury? What about Bynum being out for the playoffs when he was projected to make it back for the 1st round?

Every team can play this fucking game. This is the playoffs, you either put up or shutup. If health is THIS big an issue for the Spurs how do you expect things to get any better next season when everyone other than Parker is yet another year on the wrong side of 30?

It had nothing to do with age. Manu was our leading scorer and basically was hobbled on 1 wheel. The fact that he found a way to contribute at all was admirable. In the long run, I think the injury will be a key reason that he develops into a better 3 pt shooter. Next year I expect his game to be off the charts. He'll blow by everyone who tries to step out on him at the arc.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
06-17-2008, 11:33 PM
It had nothing to do with age. Manu was our leading scorer and basically was hobbled on 1 wheel. The fact that he found a way to contribute at all was admirable. In the long run, I think the injury will be a key reason that he develops into a better 3 pt shooter. Next year I expect his game to be off the charts. He'll blow by everyone who tries to step out on him at the arc.
Ya I woudln't count Manu out. He'll probably improve his jumper even more now.

Tully365
06-18-2008, 12:01 AM
I know, Manu himself would not use that as an excuse. I have no doubt that he was banged up, but what team/player isn't this time of year? You suck it up and give it the best you have. Why some spurs fans try to use it as an excuse is insulting to Manu, the Spurs and the Lakers.

Duncan. 4 Rings.
Kobe. 3 Rings.

Thanks.

Obstructed_View
06-18-2008, 12:40 AM
I'm only in this thread trying to answer questions. :)
If you're interested, here are a couple of articles that cover Manu's injuries better than I did.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=AmN8qXORxUGfT6Omavi6.k.M0bYF?slug=jy-ginobilihurting052208&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/basketball/nba/spurs/stories/MYSA052408.9D.BKNspurs.ginobili.40517d1.html

http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/columnists/bharvey/stories/MYSA053008.1D.COL.BKNharvey.spurs.41c72e64.html

I've been looking for articles that explain how the Spurs could have won three more games against the Lakers playing bad defense, going cold and taking fifteen minutes off every other quarter.

Seriously, I'm shocked there's not someone in this thread yet who's said that the Spurs would have beaten the Lakers if they hadn't traded Scola. That 's just as unprovable as Manu's supposed injury and it's certainly as easy for the lazy to have come up with.

Obstructed_View
06-18-2008, 06:49 PM
Watching the celebration last night, I thought of a good example of what I'm talking about. Ray Allen played like shit at the beginning of the playoffs. When he was going through his shooting slump, the Celtics could have been eliminated as early as the first round. If that had happened, some of their fans would have said, "The Celtics would've won the title if not for Ray's slump". What gave him time to recover was the play of his teammates and their commitment to defense, something the Spurs really needed when Manu wasn't at 100 percent. The difference is that the both teams knew what they'd been all year, which was ultimately good for Boston and ultimately bad for San Antonio.

ShoogarBear
06-18-2008, 08:02 PM
Watching the celebration last night, I thought of a good example of what I'm talking about. Ray Allen played like shit at the beginning of the playoffs. When he was going through his shooting slump, the Celtics could have been eliminated as early as the first round. If that had happened, some of their fans would have said, "The Celtics would've won the title if not for Ray's slump". What gave him time to recover was the play of his teammates and their commitment to defense, something the Spurs really needed when Manu wasn't at 100 percent. The difference is that the both teams knew what they'd been all year, which was ultimately good for Boston and ultimately bad for San Antonio.

No, what really gave him time is they were playing shitty teams the first two rounds.

I said before, if the Celtics had played the first round against Phoenix, Dallas, Houston, or possibly even Denver, they would have been this years' Mavericks.

Obstructed_View
06-18-2008, 08:43 PM
That's a good point, Shoog; better competition might have doomed them, but the fact remains that Celtics did have a lot of people stepping it up. It would have been nice for someone on the Spurs to consistently elevate their game for the playoffs instead of just hoping for a guy on one leg to have to do it.

ShoogarBear
06-18-2008, 08:51 PM
I agree the Spurs didn't have the offensive depth they needed, and when Manu went down, they were doomed.

On the other hand, if the Spurs could have played Manu 25 minutes a game in series against the Hawks and Cavs, chances are he would have been in very good shape the rest of the way.

The best team won, but definitely this was a year in which the West beat themselves up, and the team that was hurt the most by that was, not surprisingly, the oldest.