PDA

View Full Version : Not yet Lakers

coachmac87
06-12-2008, 11:07 PM
Maybe next year.

Just is not your time, team is still to young and not mature enough to win a championship.

played a horrible defense in the nuggets. jazz series was great.

and played a tired spurs team. and you had some things going for you.

hey just get excited about bynum and cheer him on though his therapy!:lmao

Mr. Body
06-12-2008, 11:10 PM
We'll see if Bynum can even come back.

If he does, he'll need to teach his teammates how to play defense.

Teach Kobe not to be a prick to his teammates.

Teach Phil how to coach in the Finals.

Medvedenko
06-12-2008, 11:11 PM

Yup we're a young team that has a big piece waiting in the wings. Just a little re-tooling and the team will be in the mix yet again. As a fan that's what you hope for.

Mr. Body
06-12-2008, 11:13 PM
Yup we're a young team that has a big piece waiting in the wings. Just a little re-tooling and the team will be in the mix yet again. As a fan that's what you hope for.

Well, you misread. Defense is going to be a huge problem for your team. I'm not sure the role players get much better. Kobe is more a godawful prick than a leader of men. Phil is still lousy in the Finals, I mean his teams are wicked awful there.

Medvedenko
06-12-2008, 11:16 PM
Well, you misread. Defense is going to be a huge problem for your team. I'm not sure the role players get much better. Kobe is more a godawful prick than a leader of men. Phil is still lousy in the Finals, I mean his teams are wicked awful there.

Well, as things magnify in the finals, Kobe "the prick" led his team to the finals and the last time I checked Phil was the coach that coached through to the finals. So they don't win, big deal. You're right, Defense is a problem but as long as Bynum comes back with aplomb and Sasha has another year under his belt, the lakers will be fine.

This is the Celtics year.

Oh we get it...you don't like Kobe. Move on.

Ghazi
06-12-2008, 11:18 PM

I hate the Lakers and am enjoying this, but this is a dumb statement. yes, the Lakers are soft defensively, but what team isn't soft defensively without their best rebounder, shotblocker, and interior defender?

The Spurs without Tim Duncan = soft

The (insert team) without (insert that team's best shotblocker/rebounder/defender) = soft

I fear the Lakers next year, I think they're a lock for a top 2 seed.

Mr. Body
06-12-2008, 11:23 PM
Soft is a teamwide thing. You can't depend on a manchild like Bynum, a toddler in basketball terms, to toughen your team up. Toughness is teamwide, soft is teamwide. This Lakers team is incredibly soft. That Vujacic 'defensive stand' and Gasol 'help defense' was perhaps the worst Finals play I've ever seen. Fisher was coming over - you should look at his face at the end of the play. He's a pretty tough guy, a winner, and he was amazed at how bad it was.

Those are things you don't really fix. Soft is soft.

Ghazi
06-12-2008, 11:24 PM
You can fix them via picking up "tough players" or trading some soft players.

If something like Odom for Artest actually happens (not sure of the validity of this rumor), Artest/Bynum/Kobe in starting lineup = definitely not soft.

DazedAndConfused
06-12-2008, 11:27 PM
Soft is a teamwide thing. You can't depend on a manchild like Bynum, a toddler in basketball terms, to toughen your team up. Toughness is teamwide, soft is teamwide. This Lakers team is incredibly soft. That Vujacic 'defensive stand' and Gasol 'help defense' was perhaps the worst Finals play I've ever seen. Fisher was coming over - you should look at his face at the end of the play. He's a pretty tough guy, a winner, and he was amazed at how bad it was.

Those are things you don't really fix. Soft is soft.

Actually all it takes is ONE player. Do you remember BOS being an elite defensive team last year before they got KG? Do you remember Pierce or even Ray Allen being hailed as defensive stoppers? One player single-handedly changed the entire defensive makeup of that team.

Without a solid defensive anchor you simply can't play championship level defense. The Spurs have Duncan, the Pistons had Ben Wallace in his prime, the Heat had Shaq and Alonzo Mourning, the Celtics have Garnett......the Lakers have Gasol (see my point).

Ghazi
06-12-2008, 11:31 PM
heat's title shouldn't count :D

ducks
06-12-2008, 11:33 PM
Actually all it takes is ONE player. Do you remember BOS being an elite defensive team last year before they got KG? Do you remember Pierce or even Ray Allen being hailed as defensive stoppers? One player single-handedly changed the entire defensive makeup of that team.

Without a solid defensive anchor you simply can't play championship level defense. The Spurs have Duncan, the Pistons had Ben Wallace in his prime, the Heat had Shaq and Alonzo Mourning, the Celtics have Garnett......the Lakers have Gasol (see my point).

players respect kg no one respects the lakers play that is hurt

Mr. Body
06-12-2008, 11:34 PM

Now you're saying Andrew Bynum is Kevin Garnett. You're a fucking idiot. :blah

Medvedenko
06-12-2008, 11:43 PM

Please enlighten me with your amazing basketball intelligence. From what I have seen, it's a lot of nothing. Keep it up though.

peskypesky
06-12-2008, 11:55 PM

:toast