PDA

View Full Version : Why is it so much fun to hate Kobe?

Gino
06-12-2008, 11:59 PM
Is it because he's big jerk?

Is it because he's so unapologetic for trying to emulate Jordan?

Is it because he's such a douche bag?

Thoughts?

Trainwreck2100
06-13-2008, 12:00 AM
the good news for Kobe is that he is in LA so he can take his anger out on a local girl and not worry about the 5-0 comin after him

baseline bum
06-13-2008, 12:00 AM
Because he's a slightly bigger douchebag than Red Auerbach.

Gino
06-13-2008, 12:01 AM
There can only be ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.allauthentic.com/images/products/20391%20michael%20jordan%20chicago%20bulls%20troph y%2016x20%20photo%20-%20framed1159938954.jpg

peskypesky
06-13-2008, 12:02 AM
because he's an arrogant prick and he's been over-rated his entire career.

Spurtacus
06-13-2008, 12:04 AM
Arrogant? Yes. As good as Jordan? No. Overrated? No. Rapist? Yes. Selfish teammate? Yes.

Vinnie_Johnson
06-13-2008, 12:07 AM
There can only be ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.allauthentic.com/images/products/20391%20michael%20jordan%20chicago%20bulls%20troph y%2016x20%20photo%20-%20framed1159938954.jpg

+ 1 :toast

Spur-Addict
06-13-2008, 12:08 AM
"When I asked if I could cum in her face, she said no"

"That's my thing, not always, I mean, so I stopped"

"I said um, give me a blow job, um, and then....kiss it.....she gave me a blow job."

"Whatever I need to do without making this thing become public, I will do man. I don't care what it is man, I will do it"

"I asked if I could cum in her face and she was like no um, I thought she was cool, you know, I stopped. I stopped pumping..."

"I'm nervous right now my hands are shaking"

"She wasn't that attractive"

"I jerked off when she left"

"I should have done what Shaq does. Shaq gives them money or buys them cars, he has already spent one million dollars"

"She didn't bleed, did she?"

Gino
06-13-2008, 12:09 AM
Im sure Kobe's happy since he still aced his post-game interview.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
06-13-2008, 12:11 AM
:lol

Just cos'. He has the "it" factor.

JoeTait75
06-13-2008, 12:23 AM
IIRC, Kobe got his fair share of fellating on this very board when he won MVP...

Now that he's down, the knives are out.

dbreiden83080
06-13-2008, 12:23 AM
Kobe is the typical "the World has been kissing my ass my whole life so i have a sense of entitlement fucking asshole" people love to hate. Guy was basically told from the time he was 10 years old he was going to be a star. At 18 goes to the NBA and is proclaimed as the next MJ. Thanks to all of that he has an EGO that is out of control. Kobe thinks the world owes him something so when things are going bad you see, things like what he did in this past offseason. Bitch and moan about a trade and cry like he is entitled to win titles. Kobe is a worthless person from what i see. He has no class, and is all about himself and nobody else.

UCantHandleTheTruth
06-13-2008, 12:25 AM
Nobody likes a rapist.

J.T.
06-13-2008, 12:34 AM
Nobody likes a rapist.

If only I could post what I want to post right now without getting banned!

Kobe's a dick, plain and simple. He lies through his teeth when he says he respects Bowen's defense. You can tell by the smug look on his face he's really thinking "Bowen can't cover me".

Fuck Kobe

Luck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_Fakers_Lu ck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_Fakers_

DDS4
06-13-2008, 12:40 AM
Helluva player but selfish and egocentric come to mind.

cze1860
06-13-2008, 12:43 AM
May be Lakers lose the game and………………

dbreiden83080
06-13-2008, 12:46 AM
Nobody likes a rapist.

His mother maybe does

slayermin
06-13-2008, 12:49 AM
I blame Kobe for spawning off all the Laker fans trying to act like him, look like him, be like him.

He is everything wrong about team sports.

Money aside, ask yourself, would you want your kid to grow up to be Kobe Bryant?

Canuck
06-13-2008, 12:52 AM
Haha love the jealousy. Kobes just a skilled player. Nowhere near Jordan but better than any of the Spurs players combined for raw talent.

Trainwreck2100
06-13-2008, 12:53 AM
I blame Kobe for spawning off all the Laker fans trying to act like him, look like him, be like him.

He is everything wrong about team sports.

Money aside, ask yourself, would you want your kid to grow up to be Kobe Bryant?

If my kid ends up commiting a felony, i'd like him to be able to beat the charges, so yes.

baseline bum
06-13-2008, 12:54 AM
If my kid ends up commiting a felony, i'd like him to be able to beat the charges, so yes.

slayermin
06-13-2008, 01:11 AM

I did say money aside.

Trainwreck2100
06-13-2008, 01:14 AM

I did say money aside.

theres plenty of ways to beat a felony charge

KidCongo
06-13-2008, 01:19 AM
because of his fans.

shelshor
06-13-2008, 02:15 AM
Haha love the jealousy. Kobes just a skilled player. Nowhere near Jordan but better than any of the Spurs players combined for raw talent.

And can't hold a candle to any Spur when it comes to character

v2freak
06-13-2008, 02:27 AM
Two-faced. When he's winning, he acts like the greatest leader, but when he's losing, he's sitting alone because all of his teammates know physical abuse comes with sitting next to him.

But, he's not as big a punk as KG, who knocked out a kid.

DazedAndConfused
06-13-2008, 02:30 AM
And can't hold a candle to any Spur when it comes to character

Stephen Jackson disagrees.

http://www.sportsbonehead.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/10/jackson.jpg

JamStone
06-13-2008, 02:51 AM
Kobe is a polarizing figure. He's such an amazing basketball talent, but he's a world class douche bag and dick. I'm a Kobe fan as it pertains to him as a basketball player. But, no doubt he's an asshole.

It's easy to hate him because he's a dick and he's also a great player, so there are multiple reasons to want to hate him.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
06-13-2008, 03:14 AM
Kobe is a polarizing figure. He's such an amazing basketball talent, but he's a world class douche bag and dick. I'm a Kobe fan as it pertains to him as a basketball player. But, no doubt he's an asshole.

It's easy to hate him because he's a dick and he's also a great player, so there are multiple reasons to want to hate him.

Very true.

If Kobe wasn't as good as he was he'd just be another Marbury.

milkyway21
06-13-2008, 03:25 AM
because-
we can always see Kobe's side of immaturity.
his feud with ShaQ, telling the media about locker room secrets
the "Colorado issue"
the trade rant before the season.
his expletives in game 2 of this series

but also,
I must admit
we hate him because he's on the team who stands in our way to win a title or repeat(2001,2002,2004,2008)

let's get real. the Lakers are good. And their coach is good.

DazedAndConfused
06-13-2008, 03:51 AM
because-
the "Colorado issue"

but also,
I must admit
we hate him because he's on the team who stands in our way to win a title or repeat(2001,2002,2004,2008)

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
06-13-2008, 04:28 AM
because-
the "Colorado issue"

but also,
I must admit

That's not entirely true. People still hated Kobe, Spurs fans included, when the Lakers WEREN'T good.

IT has a lot more to do with him being an asshole than his team being successful rival. People still hated him when the Lakers were irrelevant for three years. Even with a great coach.

The Kobe hate is way different than say, Dirk or Amare hate.

Spurs fans say they hate Dirk (part of another team rival), but most have said secretly like and respect his game (As well as Amare). While Spurs fans laugh at Kobe when he fails, despite acknowledging his unquestionable skills.

Lakers are nowhere NEAR their 2000-2002 squad in the past so there's no reason to be pissed at them other than hating the fans that Kobe brings along with them.
Bynum's not even proven to be the next coming of Shaq. So far he's just proven he can get rebounds and block some shots. He might be a glorified Eric Dampier for all we know. He's not Dwight Howard. If Kobe doesn't go mental again,
Lakers will just be another part of the pack next year, and they likely won't have the benefit of the number 1 seed, resulting from a crazy regular season like this year and favorable RS scheduling.

v2freak
06-13-2008, 05:30 AM
That's not entirely true. People still hated Kobe, Spurs fans included, when the Lakers WEREN'T good.

IT has a lot more to do with him being an asshole than his team being successful rival. People still hated him when the Lakers were irrelevant for three years. Even with a great coach.

The Kobe hate is way different than say, Dirk or Amare hate.

Spurs fans say they hate Dirk (part of another team rival), but most have said secretly like and respect his game (As well as Amare). While Spurs fans laugh at Kobe when he fails, despite acknowledging his unquestionable skills.

Lakers are nowhere NEAR their 2000-2002 squad in the past so there's no reason to be pissed at them other than hating the fans that Kobe brings along with them.
Bynum's not even proven to be the next coming of Shaq. So far he's just proven he can get rebounds and block some shots. He might be a glorified Eric Dampier for all we know. He's not Dwight Howard. If Kobe doesn't go mental again,
Lakers will just be another part of the pack next year, and they likely won't have the benefit of the number 1 seed, resulting from a crazy regular season like this year and favorable RS scheduling.

I stopped disliking him as soon as his teams fell out of serious contention and competition with the Spurs. Yes, it makes it easier to dislike him knowing he is not all-class but to be honest, I forgot all about him from 2004-now.

RonMexico
06-13-2008, 07:53 AM
Mainly because he's an asshole and not a good leader. Jordan was an asshole, but he also had leadership qualities that Kobe does not.

If this were Around the Horn, I'm buying the leadership abilities of Ray Allen, KG, and Paul Pierce. And trust the judgment of Doc Rivers b/c he's actually playing Eddie House (something D'Antoni should have done.... God DAMMIT!!)

ballhog
06-13-2008, 08:02 AM

Wouldn't want him on the Spurs no matter how good he is. Basketball is all that Kobe has got. That and raping.

san antonio spurs
06-13-2008, 08:04 AM
Mainly because he's an asshole and not a good leader. Jordan was an asshole, but he also had leadership qualities that Kobe does not.
If this were Around the Horn, I'm buying the leadership abilities of Ray Allen, KG, and Paul Pierce. And trust the judgment of Doc Rivers b/c he's actually playing Eddie House (something D'Antoni should have done.... God DAMMIT!!)

Jordan was as big a dick. His teamates were driven by fear, that's not quality leadership.
If anything, Kobe compares well with Jordan in douchebagery. Jordan had many vices of his own. If there is a field where Kobe is equal to Jordan, it's in douchebagery.

j.r. haider
06-13-2008, 08:43 AM
Stephen Jackson disagrees.

http://www.sportsbonehead.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/10/jackson.jpg

that is one awesome fucking tattoo.

also, that girl from colorado totally asked for it.