PDA

View Full Version : Rather lose in the Western Conf Finals

djgruvy
06-13-2008, 12:18 AM
As a spurs fan I really hate the fact that we lost and didn't make it to the finals.... But I would rather lose in the WCF than the finals against Boston. This is really gonna screw Kobe's comparison to Jordan which is not even close.....Time to reload and win 2009...

Oh, Gee!!
06-13-2008, 12:20 AM
if you're not gonna win it all, when do you wanna lose? that's a question for the ages.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
06-13-2008, 12:27 AM
I would hate losing it all after making it to the Finals.

That was what I was worried about if we made it past the Lakers with a gimpy Manu, and old tired guys.

THe disappointment is larger. I'm glad the Spurs are 4-0 in the finals.

Beeger43
06-14-2008, 12:31 AM
I said all along I would rather lose to the Hornets than the Lakers if we had to lose. And as great as it felt to win that game 7 against New Orleans, I still feel the same way. Always a pleasure beating the Suns...

leemajors
06-14-2008, 12:40 AM
:jack

DazedAndConfused
06-14-2008, 01:03 AM
:lmao at this thread

InRareForm
06-14-2008, 01:32 AM
it is better to lose before the Finals if you do lose. This is obvious.

It is like tripping at the finish line.

m33p0
06-14-2008, 01:59 AM
if you're not gonna win it all, when do you wanna lose? that's a question for the ages.
closing seconds of game 7 of the finals.

mrspurs
06-14-2008, 08:13 AM
if your gonna lose at no matter what in the nba.....make sure you have a nice ride, a driver license, and a nice place togo home and play with your toys....dont be a moron like bonner and buy a bike and ride the bus.....

dbestpro
06-14-2008, 09:12 AM
Losing on a bigger stage does not make things worse. Losing on a smaller stage does not make things better.

Watching LA choke away a historic lead places them right next to Dallas for historic playoff collapses. The Spurs are still the Spurs and will be back next year with a healthy Manu and a better bench. It does make you feel kind of good to have two of your major rivals make history for playoff failure. The Suns will be next. I expect next year they will be up 3-0 in a series only to lose thus completing the trifecta of playoff failure.

Spurminator
06-14-2008, 09:14 AM
this is embarrassing.

ducks
06-14-2008, 09:17 AM
why would the spurs lose to boston?
boston knows lakers should not be their and have no finals appearance
I think boston played spurs they would have choked like the lakers are

J.T.
06-14-2008, 09:27 AM
If I knew the Spurs were going to lose, I'd rather them have tanked the entire season and finished with a record of like 9-73, which with today's stupid ass draft lottery, would have been good for about the 4th or 5th draft pick. That's about all we can hope for since we don't have former players and front office personnel infiltrating other franchises to send us their franchise player for nothing.

J.T.
06-14-2008, 09:29 AM
If I knew the Spurs were going to lose, I'd rather them have tanked the entire season and finished with a record of like 9-73, which with today's stupid ass draft lottery, would have been good for about the 4th or 5th draft pick. That's about all we can hope for since we don't have former players and front office personnel infiltrating other franchises to send us their franchise player for nothing.

OH WAIT I FORGOT, YES WE DO

http://www.nba.com/media/act_kevin_durant.jpg

http://www.thehoopnews.com/img/lebron-james.jpg

Doctor J
06-14-2008, 09:56 AM
Before the Finals, both teams would have a plenty of rest.

Fatigue and Manu's injury were two main reasons Spurs lost.

Had Spurs won the conference final, it would have been a great Finals.

jag
06-14-2008, 10:20 AM
this is embarrassing.

:lol

fotan2
06-14-2008, 10:31 AM
we never choose to lose .

on the other hand , we can only beat LA with a healthy Manu , which means if we had made it to the finals that we should have had a fully recovered team . i can not foresee there is any factors would make such a spurs lose to celtics.

JamStone
06-14-2008, 10:59 AM
this is embarrassing.

I can't believe a thread like this started, let alone the number of posts agreeing with the initial post. It's bad logic.

Slomo
06-14-2008, 12:16 PM
Just so you understand how the NBA works: 1>2>3/4

Hope this helps.

Sportcamper
06-14-2008, 01:09 PM
http://www.worcesterrestaurantgroup.com/images/detail/tall_greeter.jpg

Mr. Djgruvy Bitterman...Party of one...

Extra Stout
06-14-2008, 01:48 PM
"I'd rather never have the opportunity than to get it and fail."

The mission statement of the mediocre.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
06-14-2008, 07:02 PM
"I'd rather never have the opportunity than to get it and fail."

The mission statement of the mediocre.
:lol true

But I feel there's a difference being a fan and a player. This question is akin to "better to have loved and lost, than never to have loved at all" it sounds sound, but then when you go through that... "wait, no it isn't. It sucked! Ignorance is bliss"

ducks
06-14-2008, 07:08 PM
after james showed how bad of a player he was in last year finals
the starter of the thread has a point
however I do nto agree with it

myhc
06-14-2008, 07:11 PM
this is embarrassing.

UCantHandleTheTruth
06-14-2008, 08:49 PM
why would the spurs lose to boston?
boston knows lakers should not be their and have no finals appearance
I think boston played spurs they would have choked like the lakers areLOL, sorry to break it to ya bud, but the Celtics would've handled the Spurs rather easily. We are up 3-1 on the Lakers that beat you guys in 5. We beat you twice in the regular season and have clearly been better than the Spurs this season.

I don't see any reason to believe Boston would've choked if they played the Spurs. You must be forgetting that the Spurs, not the Celtics, are the ones who blew 2 20 point leads (well, one 20+ point lead, another one close enough) and lost to the soft Lakers. I also seem to recall a choke job by the Spurs against the Celtics earlier this year, when they blew a 20+ point 1st quarter lead.

Celtics>Spurs, at least until you guys get younger, better and more athletic in the draft and free agency. Next year, you might be in the Celtics league...this year, you weren't.

ducks
06-14-2008, 08:56 PM
spurs have finals appearance
lakers are craking in big stage
spur players know what the big stage is

oh and spurs are 4-0 in finals

ducks
06-14-2008, 08:57 PM
ps

cavs swepted the spurs in regular season then spurs swepted the cavs in big dance

ElNono
06-14-2008, 09:01 PM
Nonsense.
I just rather not lose, period.
If we lose it sucks, no matter when.
The way this works is simple: You either win the championship, or you just failed like every other team.

DazedAndConfused
06-14-2008, 10:12 PM
LMAO at this thread. Worse than Suns fans, I've never seen them as pathetic as this.

ducks
06-14-2008, 10:13 PM
LMAO at this thread. Worse than Suns fans, I've never seen them as pathetic as this.
how do you know
do you troll suns boards?

ElNono
06-14-2008, 10:44 PM

If we can't talk shit about your team, then you can't talk shit about Suns fans, who kicked your team out of the playoffs twice, and it could have been 3 times if we didn't take care of them in the first round.
Now, you little Laker troll, this is how it's going to be: Your team wins the next four against Boston, or we're going to be reminding you all year that we won 3 of the the last 6, while your team has won zero, zip, nada.
Do you troll the Utah and Denver forums this much too, or should we be flattered?

CubanMustGo
06-14-2008, 11:10 PM
My team laid such a fucking egg in the Finals that the only thing left for a douchebag with a penis as small as mine is to try to mock another team's fans.

What a sad excuse for a human being I am.

Yes, mama, I'll come change your Depends.