PDA

View Full Version : Thumbs up to Posey...

genomefreak13
06-13-2008, 12:32 AM
I wanted to get this guy to play for us since he was released with Houston. He's like the poor version of Battier.

If only we had him to play beside bowen - we could have at least had a chance of beating LA.

bdictjames
06-13-2008, 12:34 AM
I've always thought Posey is like Horry or Battier - just an exceptional role player.

He would be perfect with the Spurs; too costly though.

Holt's Cat
06-13-2008, 12:35 AM
Posey was the obvious target last summer.

If the Spurs actually used their MLE.

:(

underdawg
06-13-2008, 12:36 AM
I wanted to get this guy to play for us since he was released with Houston. He's like the poor version of Battier.

If only we had him to play beside bowen - we could have at least had a chance of beating LA.

He did very well against the Dirker too in the '06 finals, but how close were we ever to getting this guy? If we were at all close, we screwed the pooch in not picking him up obviously. I never heard we were close/interested at all.

genomefreak13
06-13-2008, 12:45 AM
I watched the first game of the Celtics this season and I remember one of the announcers say that people might think that the acquisition of the "Big Three" is the best acquisition - but in truth and in fact it may be Posey.

At first , I didn't believe a word he said. But looking back - it now appears that the value of Posey is in the defensive side of the game. I think , putting him against Kobe in defense really did a lot of good for Boston.

Not that I discount the contribution of the big three, but I applaud posey for his great contribution on his team. I envy you ! you bitches!

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
06-13-2008, 12:51 AM
I've always liked Posey. He's a winner.

I remember fans wanting him to help against our Dirk match up problem...he would have been very useful this year for us on both sides.

MiamiHeat
06-13-2008, 12:53 AM
as a HEAT FAN, I was tired of preaching

DO NOT LET POSEY GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

but we couldn't afford his new contract. Shaq was taking up 45% of the entire team's salary......

good pick up by Boston.

when he was with the HEAT, i absolutely loved watching him sit at the 3 point line, catch a pass, and drain a dagger 3. then run back and play tough D