PDA

View Full Version : How long does it take Kobe to turn on Gasol?

Twisted_Dawg
06-13-2008, 06:22 AM
Based on Gasol's softnss and spotty defense......how long does it take Kobe to turn on him? Curt Schilling commented how Kobe was yelling at his team mates during the losses in Boston, and we saw in that suck ass halftime feature on Kobe how he was ordering other players around. Wasn't it last summer that Kobe was caught by the camera bitching about Andrew Bynum demanding they trade him?

Now that the league and the stooge networks have elevated Kobe to the level of Jordan....just when does Kobe turn on Gasol? Gasol was big man on campus in Memphis, but now he is Kobe's bitch in LA. This will be a nice train wreck to watch!

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
06-13-2008, 06:28 AM
Fuck that, why do they have to wait for Kobe to crack every offseason, his teammates should demand he be traded.

Gasol needs to gather Phil, Bynum, Odom, Farmar, the Machine, be proactive and stage a coup.

Borosai
06-13-2008, 06:32 AM
He's gassed up and ready to go...

http://img403.imageshack.us/img403/9822/stkobeshortbusjp2.jpg

jack sommerset
06-13-2008, 06:35 AM
He never will turn on him.

ShoogarBear
06-13-2008, 07:12 AM
Coming soon . . . on youtube . . . from a parking lot near you . . .

shelshor
06-13-2008, 08:00 AM
About the middle of the 2nd quarter of game 5

And about the middle of the 4th quarter before KoMe demands his own trade

ShoogarBear
06-13-2008, 08:01 AM
LOL, Kobe's going to get Jerry to give Pau back.

jmard5
06-13-2008, 08:37 AM
Based on Gasol's softnss and spotty defense......how long does it take Kobe to turn on him? Curt Schilling commented how Kobe was yelling at his team mates during the losses in Boston, and we saw in that suck ass halftime feature on Kobe how he was ordering other players around. Wasn't it last summer that Kobe was caught by the camera bitching about Andrew Bynum demanding they trade him?

Now that the league and the stooge networks have elevated Kobe to the level of Jordan....just when does Kobe turn on Gasol? Gasol was big man on campus in Memphis, but now he is Kobe's bitch in LA. This will be a nice train wreck to watch!

post season. =)

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
06-13-2008, 08:44 AM
post season. =)

:corn:
[/waits patiently for the 2008 bookend]

q3-lpFToU9k

6kt9DBMMwCM

Purple & Gold
06-13-2008, 10:04 AM
Kobe won't be turning on anybody but himself with the way he's played in these Finals.

Twisted_Dawg
06-13-2008, 10:11 AM
Actually part of Phil's quote was cut off. Here is the entire quote:

Even before tipoff, Jackson acknowledged Gasol’s reputation. “I think,” Jackson said, “that’s one of the reasons perhaps we were fortunate enough to get him. … That perhaps he was not a center … he wasn’t tough enough to be a center. He's actually a big pussy. A poor man's Dirk Nowinski”

RonMexico
06-13-2008, 10:57 AM
You mean, until he turns Pau around and tries to "you know...."?

xtremesteven33
06-13-2008, 11:01 AM
"i Love La!!"

shelshor
06-13-2008, 11:59 AM
Kobe won't be turning on anybody but himself with the way he's played in these Finals.

That would require a level of maturity that KoMe just doesn't have

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
06-13-2008, 12:01 PM
That would require a level of maturity that KoMe just doesn't have

Kome is delusional. He said 3 or 4 guys were on him all night....attributing that to his play in game 4.

I remember One on one defense on him most of the time.

shelshor
06-13-2008, 12:19 PM
Kome is delusional. He said 3 or 4 guys were on him all night....attributing that to his play in game 4.

I remember One on one defense on him most of the time.

The excuses have to start sometime

Medvedenko
06-13-2008, 12:27 PM
Honestly, there will be some soul searching, especially given the opportunity the young lakers had in the Finals. However, Kobe's a student of the game and pretty smart regarding chemistry and what it takes to win in the playoffs. This was a great first step for this incarnation and they'll be in the mix with the core come next year. I'm sure there will be some adjustments, but they'll be the same guys next playoffs. I don't see Odom being back, regardless, as he doesn't fit one they have Bynum back.

romad_20
06-13-2008, 12:33 PM
However, Kobe's a student of the game and pretty smart regarding chemistry and what it takes to win in the playoffs.

Based on what? Kobe is not very smart regarding chemistry, unless punching and yelling at your teammates is chemstry.

LakeShow
06-13-2008, 12:59 PM
http://spurstalk.com/forums/images/icons/icon1.gif How long does it take Kobe to turn on Gasol?

I don't know but It didn't take me long to. I've spent the last few years riding Dirk and Ming for their softness and now we have one on our fucking team! :bang

baseline bum
06-13-2008, 01:25 PM
:corn:
[/waits patiently for the 2008 bookend]

q3-lpFToU9k

6kt9DBMMwCM

lZpWJtgvm5Q

leemajors
06-13-2008, 01:36 PM
I don't see Odom being back, regardless, as he doesn't fit one they have Bynum back.

that would be awesome, he creates a lot of mismatches at the 3. i don't see the lake improving by losing him (but he does tend to disappear for very long stretches).

Medvedenko
06-13-2008, 01:47 PM
that would be awesome, he creates a lot of mismatches at the 3. i don't see the lake improving by losing him (but he does tend to disappear for very long stretches).

He's my second favourite laker, but he he's been in the league long enough not to develop an outside shot. He had a chance to punish Posey in the post in the 4 q but couldn't get it done and basically his inability kept Posey on the floor and we all know what happened next.

He's an amazing talent, but given the makeup of this current team and the salary issues, he's the odd man out.

Fish/Farmar
Kobe/Sasha
Vlad/Luke
Pau/Turiaf
Bynum/Mihm, DJ

The SF is their weak link and with getting rid of Odom for a guy like Mike Miller, or Artest might be the route they go. Who knows really, maybe they wait and see if he can play the SF with Bynum and Pau....

leemajors
06-13-2008, 02:20 PM
He's my second favourite laker, but he he's been in the league long enough not to develop an outside shot. He had a chance to punish Posey in the post in the 4 q but couldn't get it done and basically his inability kept Posey on the floor and we all know what happened next.

He's an amazing talent, but given the makeup of this current team and the salary issues, he's the odd man out.

Fish/Farmar
Kobe/Sasha
Vlad/Luke
Pau/Turiaf
Bynum/Mihm, DJ

The SF is their weak link and with getting rid of Odom for a guy like Mike Miller, or Artest might be the route they go. Who knows really, maybe they wait and see if he can play the SF with Bynum and Pau....

you would want mike miller and gasol on the court at the same time?

LakeShow
06-13-2008, 02:47 PM
If we let Odom go, we need to bring in Artest. imo

BlackSwordsMan
06-13-2008, 02:57 PM
Kobe can play behind parker next year