PDA

View Full Version : Would Andrew Bynum save the Lakers from the epic meltdown?

Matchman
06-13-2008, 07:05 AM
that and will Andrew Bynum improve the Lakers? i dont think moving Lamar Odom to the SF spot will help the Lakers. I was over at the LAkersground lurking and all i saw was "OMG OMG we lost but we will be the champions for the next decade becuz we gotz andrew bynum coming back LoLz!!!1!!1!one!!"
:sleep
please i just want a normal discussion. no trolling and do NOT post if u got nothing to say.

lebomb
06-13-2008, 07:43 AM
Hell no......Lakersfan thinks they can win every year no matter who they have in the lineup. The Lakers will be good, but there are alot of good teams out there.......so I dont know how they can claim the next 5 championships. :rolleyes

1Parker1
06-13-2008, 07:54 AM
I think so. He'd defend the paint about 10 times better than Gasol. Actually Tony Parker could defend the paint better than Gasol.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
06-13-2008, 07:59 AM
It goes both ways, Bynum would have gone the way of Farmar and others. He might have been too inexperienced against some of Bostons veterans. (Remember Oberto getting teh best of him? David West another mentally soft example.)

Plus I can imagine Bynum, (showing signs of intellectual stagnation with the comments about Jordan's Bulls 72 wins) getting frustrated with Gasol getting offensive touches, the same way Sasha and Farmer were bitching about having the ball.

Lakers 2008, seem like a soft team. With or without Bynum. Bynum + Gasol does not necessarily equal 2001 Shaq.

samikeyp
06-13-2008, 08:01 AM
If Bynum comes back at 100% and continues to play as well as he left off, they will get better.

Borosai
06-13-2008, 08:14 AM
Who?

pawe
06-13-2008, 10:27 AM
If Bynum comes back at 100% and continues to play as well as he left off, they will get better.

They will get better but the question is, can they capitalize on just that? The Lakers are very talented but their morale is kinda low coz of the idiots leading the team.

BiZNicK
06-13-2008, 10:32 AM
Who knows...Bynum could've pulled an even bigger choke job than gasol and made the team even WORSE.

DazedAndConfused
06-13-2008, 10:51 AM
It's hard to see how Bynum could possibly make the Lakers WORSE as a team. I imagine the people saying that are the same people who said BOS's Big 3 wouldn't work together and that Gasol wouldn't fit in with the Lakers.

9efsJwJxYEk

Look at where the Lakers are deficient right now:

1.) Rebounding
2.) Poor interior defense, nobody that can protect the rim
3.) Weak perimeter defense
4.) Dominating post play

I think next season Bynum can immediately help in #1-3. Nobody was talking about LA being a soft team prior to Gasol coming aboard, and that's because Bynum was manning the paint and protecting the rim. Surprisingly LA was also the #1 rebounding team in the league before he went down.