PDA

View Full Version : Bwahahahahaha.......Jackson better coach than Pop???

lebomb
06-13-2008, 07:16 AM
WTF was that flameout last night?? I thought he was the ZEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEN? :lmao

I remember when all I heard was shit from Lakerfan when the Spurs could not hold an 18pt lead with 6 min. left......WELL?!! The Lakers have now one upped us and BLEW a 20pt. lead with 6 min. left.

So much for the greatest coach on earth!!!! :depressed

CubanMustGo
06-13-2008, 07:30 AM
I remember when all I heard was shit from Lakerfan when the Spurs could not hold an 18pt lead with 6 min. left

Not to mention they did it at home with their young team that had plenty of rest.

KARMA = BITCH

m33p0
06-13-2008, 07:36 AM
one ill turn deserves another.

fishrap
06-13-2008, 09:47 AM
Any team and every team has blown big leads but this one lays at the feet of the coach. His haughty, smug attitude with the sideline reporter was a good example (lady momentum will swing back our way and everything will be ok).

It would seem that he got "out zenned".

pawe
06-13-2008, 09:56 AM
And this is the finals..totally unacceptable.

Fabbs
06-13-2008, 10:18 AM
Phil getting exposed by the Celtics does not undo his 4-1 ownage of Poppycock.

Lame to mix the two.

On the Finals front tho, it is great timing by the ref Odonahy (sp) to expose the 2002 Gm 6 farce. Probably squelched any would-be plan to fix the game for Phil and the Fakers last night.

xtremesteven33
06-13-2008, 10:28 AM
Phil getting exposed by the Celtics does not undo his 4-1 ownage of Poppycock.

Lame to mix the two.

On the Finals front tho, it is great timing by the ref Odonahy (sp) to expose the 2002 Gm 6 farce. Probably squelched any would-be plan to fix the game for Phil and the Fakers last night.

why do you all say that phil owns pop?

this is stupid. the ONLY reason that pop lost to phil this year was because of the HORRIBLE schedule the spurs had to endure when facing the Lakers in the WCF's.

i said it once and ill say it again Lakers had 6 days of rest. Spurs had 1 night of rest.
Ridiculous.

Fabbs
06-13-2008, 10:33 AM
^^ that is why when your team is ahead by 20 points with only 6 minutes left in the 3rd quarter you substitue so they do not run out of gas. (But leave Bowen on Kobme.)

The schedule excuse is just another Popapologist excuse.

samikeyp
06-13-2008, 11:11 AM
Any team and every team has blown big leads but this one lays at the feet of the coach. His haughty, smug attitude with the sideline reporter was a good example (lady momentum will swing back our way and everything will be ok).

It would seem that he got "out zenned".

Good point.

Further proof that Phil is the second best b-ball coach in LA. :stirpot: :lol

Also its curious that a Laker fan would use a Spurs logo..albeit one never used...for an avatar. :)

SPURSGOAT
06-13-2008, 11:15 AM
Phil looked lost; like he didn't know what to do and how to stop the comeback...

fishrap
06-13-2008, 11:41 AM
Good point.

Further proof that Phil is the second best b-ball coach in LA. :stirpot: :lol

Also its curious that a Laker fan would use a Spurs logo..albeit one never used...for an avatar. :)

live in south texas - married to a rabid Spurs fan - life is a series of compromise

TDMVPDPOY
06-13-2008, 11:49 AM
losin to doc rivers is unacceptable.

mrspurs
06-14-2008, 08:39 AM
only thing the zen out coached on pop this season was........making dang sure homecourt advantage in the west was going thru LA...if i remember it was POP who said...with as good as the west is this season, homecourt doesnt really matter.....wrong

Brutalis
06-14-2008, 08:43 AM
One game makes the difference?

You fuckers are homers thinking Phil isn't better than Pop. Sometimes I wonder what the hell people smoke to truly believe this garbage. It's just like those people who think Kobe is better than MJ. Seriously see a doctor.

underdawg
06-14-2008, 09:42 AM
One game makes the difference?

You fuckers are homers thinking Phil isn't better than Pop. Sometimes I wonder what the hell people smoke to truly believe this garbage. It's just like those people who think Kobe is better than MJ. Seriously see a doctor.

that's crap - there will always be a legitimate comparison mainly for the very fact that Phil's had some really top tier players on his championship squads compared to Pop's #1 pick, late 1st rounder and a 2nd round pick. People can question Pop's substitutions, defensive strategies and overall gameplan all they want, but at the end of the day when 2 of your "big 3" don't show up througout a series you will not win. He wasn't outcoached - his players were outplayed and although coaching can help prevent that from happening it will happen from time to time.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
06-14-2008, 11:13 PM
Yeah, judge him on one game, not his HoF career. :rolleyes

How is it any different losing that lead from Pop's team losing two big leads to the Lakers? Sometimes it's not the coach, it's the players.

Love him or hate him, PJ owned the league long before Pop graduated to the ranks of great coaches. Jackson is the Master of modern coaches, and everyone else is measured against him.

DazedAndConfused
06-14-2008, 11:26 PM
9 > 4

3 three-peats > No repeats

Winning with two different teams > Only winning with Duncan

4-1 against Popazitz > 1-4 against Zen Master

Spur-Addict
06-14-2008, 11:29 PM
WTF was that flameout last night?? I thought he was the ZEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEN? :lmao

I remember when all I heard was shit from Lakerfan when the Spurs could not hold an 18pt lead with 6 min. left......WELL?!! The Lakers have now one upped us and BLEW a 20pt. lead with 6 min. left.

So much for the greatest coach on earth!!!! :depressed

huah huah huah...he said flameout beavis.

honestfool84
06-14-2008, 11:30 PM
9 > 4

3 three-peats > No repeats

Winning with two different teams > Only winning with Duncan

4-1 against Popazitz > 1-4 against Zen Master

as much as it bloodies my fingers to type this..

he does have a good point.