PDA

View Full Version : Lakerfan calling Phil out as a coach.....LMAO

lebomb
06-13-2008, 09:49 AM
......and yall are calling Phil the best coach ever?? Better than Pop??

Lets see what Lakerfan has to say......

http://forums.lakersground.net/viewtopic.php?t=67408

They say he fluked his way to at least 3 championships and that he cant coach.

:lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao

Kermit
06-13-2008, 09:51 AM
So. We have Spurs fans who call Pop the worst coach in the league after a regular season loss. What's your point?

pawe
06-13-2008, 10:11 AM
even AJ can win a championship with players like MJ and Kobe & Shaq on his team.

lebomb
06-13-2008, 10:12 AM
So. We have Spurs fans who call Pop the worst coach in the league after a regular season loss. What's your point?

.........Well, yesterday he was the greatest coach that ever lived. Thats the point. :rolleyes

Kermit
06-13-2008, 10:14 AM
.........Well, yesterday he was the greatest coach that ever lived. Thats the point. :rolleyes

People just said he was better than Pop. Do you really think Pop is the greatest coach who ever lived?

Cry Havoc
06-13-2008, 10:26 AM
People just said he was better than Pop. Do you really think Pop is the greatest coach who ever lived?

Red Auerbach and John Wooden are the greatest coaches to have set foot on a hardwood court, and it's not close.

lebomb
06-13-2008, 10:33 AM

No, but Pop is up there. Only what? 3 NBA coaches have more hardware?? Red, Phil, Riley? And he is better than Phil IMHO. Hell, I think Riley is a better coach than Phil.

JamStone
06-13-2008, 10:36 AM
Isn't Pop like 1-4 against Phil in playoff series?

Kermit
06-13-2008, 10:44 AM
Isn't Pop like 1-4 against Phil in playoff series?

Yes. But let us not inject facts into this conversation.

JamStone
06-13-2008, 11:16 AM
really I didn't know that Pop was actually playing against Phil! When has Phil done shit without a bunch of all-stars?

so by this logic it would mean that Rivers is 1-0 against Phil so he is a better coach than Jackson!:toast

And Dantoni is 2-1 against Phil too!

Well guess that's more of an indication that Shaq > Duncan or Kobe > Duncan if you don't want to talk about Pop versus Phil.

And, Rivers is 0-0 against Phil in playoff series right now.

JamStone
06-13-2008, 11:23 AM
So this year's Lakers team was more talented than the Spurs?

samikeyp
06-13-2008, 11:24 AM
Phil is the second best basketball coach in Los Angeles.

Medvedenko
06-13-2008, 11:26 AM

Don't ask questions, this board has trouble answering. Keep it simple.

JamStone
06-13-2008, 11:26 AM
Phil is the second best basketball coach in Los Angeles.

John Wooden doesn't coach anymore. Does he still live in Los Angeles?

DazedAndConfused
06-13-2008, 11:27 AM
If anything the Lakers have wildly overachieved this season. Everyone picked them to be lottery bound before the season started. They've made it all the way to the Finals and managed to overcome injuries throughout the season and assimilate a key player into the mix half-way through.

Phil has done a great job this season. The Celtics are just THAT good a team, people need to give them credit. Their defense is good enough to slow LA down, and their offense is good enough to exploit LA's weaknesses.

JamStone
06-13-2008, 11:28 AM
If anything the Lakers have wildly overachieved this season. Everyone picked them to be lottery bound before the season started.

Ummmm no they didn't.

samikeyp
06-13-2008, 11:28 AM

It doesn't matter, they won the series so they were better. I never buy the whole "the best team didn't win the series" argument. The best team in that series won. It sucks when your team loses but people shouldn't drop the bitch card.

samikeyp
06-13-2008, 11:30 AM
John Wooden doesn't coach anymore. Does he still live in Los Angeles?

He is still in LA and he is still a basketball coach. He is just no longer actively coaching. :) I do that just to have fun with Laker fans. Phil Jackson is, IMO a great coach.

JamStone
06-13-2008, 11:30 AM
Samike, I was just asking adam to see what his response would be since he made the initial comment.

samikeyp
06-13-2008, 11:31 AM
:tu

Strike
06-13-2008, 11:32 AM

Overall, plus Ginobili's crippled ass, I'd say yes. This was the 1st year I ever said the Spurs were too old to compete.

JamStone
06-13-2008, 11:33 AM
player by player hell yes other than our big 3 we are complete garbage. Our big 3 probably scores more points than their big 3 but their role players dismantle ours.

Did you really believe that before the WCF?

I know a lot of Spurs fans that downplayed the talent on the Lakers bench and called them overrated, called Pau Gasol a choker, Odom as not a big time player, and only gave credit to Kobe and Fisher.

SpurFanatic
06-13-2008, 11:33 AM
Phil should team up with KFC he's got the look to replace Colonel Sanders..

Kermit
06-13-2008, 01:46 PM
really I didn't know that Pop was actually playing against Phil!
Is this supposed to make sense?

When has Phil done shit without a bunch of all-stars?

When has Pop done shit without All-Stars and a First team All-NBA player? Trying to make it sound like Pop works miracles with piles of shit is disingenuous.

so by this logic it would mean that Rivers is 1-0 against Phil so he is a better coach than Jackson!

Uh, yeah. That's the logic everyone has been using to formulate the opinion that Phil's a better coach than Pop. It's not like anyone has actually seen Phil outcoach Pop on a regular basis. Oh, wait...we have?

And Dantoni is 2-1 against Phil too!

Good for Mike.

Cry Havoc
06-13-2008, 02:39 PM
Did you really believe that before the WCF?

I know a lot of Spurs fans that downplayed the talent on the Lakers bench and called them overrated, called Pau Gasol a choker, Odom as not a big time player, and only gave credit to Kobe and Fisher.

Our bench would be great if we had any guys that could come off of it and just hit shots at a consistent clip. We have a bunch of streaky bench players that sometimes have a hard time finding the court, let alone the hoop. But our bench does play good D and has some solid intangibles (hehe).