PDA

View Full Version : With whom would you rather have a beer?

Supergirl
06-13-2008, 11:41 AM
This was one of the most defining and enlightening questions of the last two presidential elections. Americans were asked which presidential candidate they would most want to have a beer with, and Bush won easily. Despite giving him record low approval ratings across the board in 2004, this stat still held. I think this a major problem for the Democrats, but could change this year. Obama is the most approachable, likeable candidate they've had since Bill Clinton.

So I'm asking you this - honestly - which candidate would you rather have a beer with? Is it - honestly - the same candidate you plan to vote for in the general election? Why or why not?

101A
06-13-2008, 11:47 AM
McCain. Getting him to open up after 7 or 8 would be much more entertaining and enlightening.

Barrack is a post turtle.

balli
06-13-2008, 12:47 PM
I'd rather smoke joint with Obama than drink a beer though.

NASCARdad
06-13-2008, 01:23 PM
I'd have to go with McCain but that is just because I'm not into dark beer.

Extra Stout
06-13-2008, 01:24 PM
Obama's the intellectual. I'd drink with him and vigorously, but respectfully disagree with most of his ideas.

Drinking with McCain would be like drinking with my grandfather.

Supergirl
06-13-2008, 01:46 PM
Obama's the intellectual. I'd drink with him and vigorously, but respectfully disagree with most of his ideas.

Drinking with McCain would be like drinking with my grandfather.

That's funny, I am the exact opposite.
I'm voting for Obama, but I think I'd rather have a beer with McCain. UNLIKE Bush, he can have a decent intellectual discussion, even though I would disagree with him on virtually every issue. I came to this conclusion watching him interviewed by Jon Stewart, who also disagrees with him on virtually every issue.

JohnnyMarzetti
06-13-2008, 02:08 PM
http://earthhopenetwork.net/bush%20art/bush_beer_ad.jpg

PEP
06-13-2008, 02:13 PM
There's only so much "hope and change" I would be able to talk about over a beer.

cajunspur
06-13-2008, 02:27 PM
http://earthhopenetwork.net/bush%20art/bush_beer_ad.jpg

I think your cartoon pic with the boxers or briefs question is completely backwards. Mccain actually answers questions and gives his position on issues. Most people can't tell you what Barack is done, or his stance on issues.

JohnnyMarzetti
06-13-2008, 02:28 PM
There's only so much "hope and change" I would be able to talk about over a beer.

And only so much talk of the same old thing over and over again.

DarrinS
06-13-2008, 02:55 PM
neither

xrayzebra
06-13-2008, 03:04 PM
Which one is buying? I need more information....LOL

Heath Ledger
06-13-2008, 03:05 PM
Id rather do a line with Obama, i heard hes game.

George Gervin's Afro
06-13-2008, 03:08 PM
Neither. Why isn't that a choice?

balli
06-13-2008, 03:21 PM
Mccain actually answers questions and gives his position on issues.

Unfortunately his answers and (flip-flop) positions are fucked up and senile.

JoeChalupa
06-13-2008, 03:33 PM
I'd buy McCain a beer though.

http://www.whitebeertravels.co.uk/images/premium_senior_small.jpg

Heath Ledger
06-13-2008, 06:25 PM
I think Obama would prefer a line of coke don't you?

Anti.Hero
06-15-2008, 03:09 PM
Easily Obama.

I would sit there, stare into his eyes, and watch him turn my beer into wine.

Don Quixote
06-15-2008, 05:31 PM
Easily Obama.

I would sit there, stare into his eyes, and watch him turn my beer into wine.

I have heard he is capable. :lol

Don Quixote
06-15-2008, 05:52 PM
Obama's the intellectual.

You think so? Really??

I think he's over-rated. He's not dumb, but he's certainly not anything special (e.g., Buckley, W.D. Hanson, Sowell) either. When he's on his teleprompter, he's a very effective expositor of liberalism, and he is more than capable of getting his audience to believe in the memes of "hope and change." But an intellectual he is not.

Mr. Peabody
06-15-2008, 07:55 PM
You think so? Really??

I think he's over-rated. He's not dumb, but he's certainly not anything special (e.g., Buckley, W.D. Hanson, Sowell) either. When he's on his teleprompter, he's a very effective expositor of liberalism, and he is more than capable of getting his audience to believe in the memes of "hope and change." But an intellectual he is not.

I take a look at the guy's pedigree - Princeton, Harvard Law, editor-in-chief Harvard Law Review, and professor at University of Chicago School of Law (a top ten law school) - and I have to disagree with you.

Granted, not everyone that attends Princeton or Harvard Law is an intellectual, but making Harvard Law Review (much less becoming editor-in-chief) shows that you have some chops.

possessed
06-15-2008, 10:41 PM
I'd have a cold one with Obama. I'd make him buy though.

exstatic
06-15-2008, 11:25 PM
I think your cartoon pic with the boxers or briefs question is completely backwards. Mccain actually answers questions and gives his position on issues. Most people can't tell you what Barack is done, or his stance on issues.

You think that was McCain not answering the question? Depends is an answer to what type of undergarments he wears. Obviously over your head, though.

jochhejaam
06-15-2008, 11:52 PM
You think that was McCain not answering the question? Depends is an answer to what type of undergarments he wears. Obviously over your head, though.

I'm not so sure that being able to identify with diapers for adults is something one should feel smug about.

BRHornet45
06-16-2008, 07:19 AM
I'd rather smoke joint with Obama than drink a beer though.

and God knows Barack has plenty of experience in that department son

remingtonbo2001
06-16-2008, 09:49 AM
Honestly, I'd prefer Bush.

Don Quixote
06-16-2008, 09:53 AM
Garfield is a man of rare bravery.

I admire you. Knowing full well the flaming you're going to get -- he likes BUSH!!!????

(Honestly, I'd rather drink a cold one with him too, over Barry.)

jochhejaam
06-16-2008, 11:24 AM
Barack? Nah, he's more of a San Pellegrino kind of guy, and he wouldn't be comfortable drinking beer with a someone who loves this Country.

Probably not McCain either.

I'd probably be most comfortable having a cola with Bush. I'd try to get him to do that John Wayne impersonation he used to do when talking about the war in Iraq.

DarkReign
06-16-2008, 02:07 PM
Obama: dry toast is all I see with him. He has his moments (like when he talked about race relations immediately after his former-pastor went all "campaign sabotage" on him), but then he just reverts to rhetoric. Rhetoric that even he finds so boring and unimportant, he cant even speak like a politician into a camera without a teleprompter. Speaking with him over a "beer" (if thats what the wuss drinks, I'd expect him to order wine or a Shirley Temple) would be the sleep tonic I have been looking for. Monotone and winded.

McCain: too old, man. Way old. Way out of touch, way too living in the past. I could just imagine the conversation starting immediately with a phrase similar to "Back in my day..." right before I drink him under the table.

Bush: Im sure hes hilarious at your local highschool blowout party where everyone channels their inner standup comedian and gets a cheap laugh because the audience is too tanked and underage to know the damn difference. But seeing as his complete mispronunciation of the English language is indicative of other intellectual shortcomings, I would venture to think I have had more interesting conversations with a potato peeler. Good for long-winded exposes' on mundane things like baseball, pop culture and favorite food but nothing else.

JoeChalupa
06-16-2008, 02:17 PM
Everyone know that McCain has to have a teleprompter to speak and even then he's as boring as mud. I really like the guy but he needs to seriously kick up his speaking abilites up a few hundred notches.

exstatic
06-16-2008, 06:32 PM
I'm not so sure that being able to identify with diapers for adults is something one should feel smug about.

I don't identify with them, but I was able to pick up on the joke, something that obviously escaped your conservative buddy. Nice swing and miss on the ad hominem, BTW.

Ignignokt
06-16-2008, 06:37 PM
I don't identify with them, but I was able to pick up on the joke, something that obviously escaped your conservative buddy. Nice swing and miss on the ad hominem, BTW.

Excstatic, this is not the "With whom would you rather have a pizza, steak, lard buffet with" thread on the candidates. This is the "with whon would you rather have a beer" thread.

this forum is not the hidden password protected one, ask the moderators for guidance.

jochhejaam
06-16-2008, 08:15 PM
I don't identify with them,
But you did.

but I was able to pick up on the joke, something that obviously escaped your conservative buddy
Right, you already mentioned that, and I whole-heartedly lavished praise on you for your acute understanding of Adult Diaper jokes.

Nice swing and miss on the ad hominem, BTW.
You got pwned BTW (how did that make you feel?)

Mr. Peabody
06-16-2008, 08:23 PM
Hell, after just seeing Al Gore speak, I am reminded of why he didn't fare well under this criteria.:sleep:sleep